Author Topic: progressivism/liberalism  (Read 2836 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
progressivism/liberalism
« on: October 30, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »
This thread I think is new but very important.  This is along the lines of what the Marxists in and around the White House, Congress, and the Senate are planning for us.  I doubt very much the majority of Americans who are more than first generation really want this.
As for immigrants it is mixed.  I had one Polish physician tell me how he came from a totatarian regime and now we are moving that way here.  So not all people coming here buy into this.  I am not so sure about those from the middle east or south of the border though.

Remember I mentioned how Jeffrey Sachs said that sovereignty is "medieval".  Now from this guy who has made a fortune singing songs at least one of which he has been accused of stealing (not by me):

"we seem to be living in a currency of medieval ideas."

He appears to be a proponent of one world governenment.
Or how about this:

"I can't think of any be better qualified because of his background, his education, particularly in regard to Islam,"

Couldn't the notion of Islam be considered Medieval?  And why is a background in community organizing and being a college professor and the organizer of the Harvard review make him so qualified?

And what is the regard to Islam the answer to the world's problems? 

I nominate Sting for the peace prize.
I gotta love when music industry types discuss politics.  It is remeniscent of Tony Soprano waving the American flag.  The joke is on us.

****Recording artist Sting is photographed in New York on Wednesday, Oct. 28,..Flashback: Sting Performs With Stevie Wonder at
NEW YORK (AP) - Sting isn't a religious man, but he says President Barack Obama might be a divine answer to the world's problems.
"In many ways, he's sent from God," he joked in an interview, "because the world's a mess."

But Sting is serious in his belief that Obama is the best leader to navigate the world's problems. In an interview on Wednesday, the former Police frontman said that he spent some time with Obama and "found him to be very genuine, very present, clearly super-smart, and exactly what we need in the world."

"I can't think of any be better qualified because of his background, his education, particularly in regard to Islam," he said.

Still, Sting acknowledged the president had a "difficult job" ahead of him.

The British singer, who released the seasonal album "On A Winter's Night" this week, said he's fascinated by American politics, Obama, and also by Obama's opponents on the right.

"It's aggressive and violent and full of fear," he said of the backlash against Obama. "They don't want change, they want things to feel the same because they feel safe there."

Sting, 58, said he's hopeful that the world's problems can be dealt with, but is frustrated that "we seem to be living in a currency of medieval ideas."

"My hope is that we can start talking about real issues and not caring about whether God cares about your hemline or your color," he said. "We are here to evolve as one family, and we can't be separate anymore."****

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: progressivism/liberalism
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 08:17:15 AM »
I've adjusted the name of the Fascism thread.

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1518.msg16145

Please use it from here forward.