Author Topic: Tea Party and related matters  (Read 249441 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Beck & Feiler's on Moses's connection with our Founding Fathers
« Reply #500 on: October 13, 2014, 10:56:39 PM »
See especially the part with Beck and Feiler discussing Moses and our Founding Fathers:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2010/03/31/glenn-beck-beck-book-club/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Beck, Moses and the Statue of Liberty
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2014, 11:41:53 AM »
second post of the day

https://archive.org/.../FOXNEWS_20100225_220000_Glenn...  You will need to click on the clip in question which gives one minute.  Then to get to the next minute, you click on the next clip, etc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Tea Party, Glen Beck and related matters
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »
Sovereign rights groups tend to be nut cases and may properly on the govt's radar screen, but conflating them with Islamo Fascism as a threat to the US is horseexcrement.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/19/politics/terror-threat-homeland-security/index.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Meet NC Representative Mark Meadows...
« Reply #506 on: August 30, 2015, 10:30:14 AM »
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Glen Beck should no longer be in same thread as Tea Party
« Reply #510 on: May 21, 2016, 10:59:05 AM »
He no longer has any credibility in my mind.  Still driving a new Maybach I read while laying off employees:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/05/tucker-carlson-glenn-beck-223423

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2016, 12:56:20 PM »
Glenn Beck went bat-s**t crazy right after Trump won the Republican nomination.  The man is mentally unstable, in my opinion.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2016, 01:06:46 PM »
 "The man is mentally unstable, in my opinion.

Remember how this guy with the financially struggling media company sucked up to Zuckerberg?

Maybe he hopes the Clinton mafia will bail him out?   I dunno what to say about him anymore.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2016, 01:11:16 PM »
Yes - sadly, I think Beck is essentially a con man, quite possibly with a serious psychiatric disorder.  I say this having attended his "Restoring Honor Rally" in Washington, D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial in 2010.  At that point I thought he was genuine.  
His actions and statements since then have proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:13:17 PM by objectivist1 »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
The way I look at it is that for year or two he was deep in the zone, operating at a level way beyond his inherent natural ability.  Now he flounders, rather badly.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Glenn Beck is a con man...
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2016, 05:18:25 PM »
This passage is from the Wikipedia entry for Glenn Beck.  I maintain that he is a (possibly brilliant - or alternatively extremely talented, if you prefer) con man.  He'd give P.T. Barnum a run for his money:

On November 10, 2014, Beck announced on TheBlaze that he had been suffering from a severe neurological disorder for at least the last five years.[44] He described many strong and debilitating symptoms which made it difficult to work,[45] and that he had "a string of health issues that quite honestly made me look crazy, and quite honestly, I have felt crazy because of them."[46] Beck related that a chiropractor who specializes in "chiropractic neurology", Frederick Carrick, had "diagnosed [him] with several health issues, including an autoimmune disorder, which he didn’t name, and adrenal fatigue." Over a period of ten months he had received a series of treatments and felt better.[47] A number of medical experts have expressed doubt about the legitimacy of Beck's diagnosis, treatment,[48] and the credentials of the chiropractor,[49] with Yale University neurologist Steven Novella dismissing chiropractic neurology as "pseudoscience": "Chiropractic neurology does not appear to be based on any body of research, or any accumulated scientific knowledge,....[and] appears to me to be the very definition of pseudoscience."[50]

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Glenn Beck is a con man...
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2016, 05:55:24 PM »
Trump University should feature a class on that!

This passage is from the Wikipedia entry for Glenn Beck.  I maintain that he is a (possibly brilliant - or alternatively extremely talented, if you prefer) con man.  He'd give P.T. Barnum a run for his money:

On November 10, 2014, Beck announced on TheBlaze that he had been suffering from a severe neurological disorder for at least the last five years.[44] He described many strong and debilitating symptoms which made it difficult to work,[45] and that he had "a string of health issues that quite honestly made me look crazy, and quite honestly, I have felt crazy because of them."[46] Beck related that a chiropractor who specializes in "chiropractic neurology", Frederick Carrick, had "diagnosed [him] with several health issues, including an autoimmune disorder, which he didn’t name, and adrenal fatigue." Over a period of ten months he had received a series of treatments and felt better.[47] A number of medical experts have expressed doubt about the legitimacy of Beck's diagnosis, treatment,[48] and the credentials of the chiropractor,[49] with Yale University neurologist Steven Novella dismissing chiropractic neurology as "pseudoscience": "Chiropractic neurology does not appear to be based on any body of research, or any accumulated scientific knowledge,....[and] appears to me to be the very definition of pseudoscience."[50]

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2016, 06:00:14 PM »
Sorry I don't think Beck should be lumped with Tea Party or related matters anymore.  He really sounds like a lost soul:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11/07/glenn-beck-says-obama-has-made-him-a-better-man/

Come to think of it he has become so bizarre that I wonder if someone or some people have some sort of dirt on him.........he is just so strange although I always though there was something funny about him.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:02:43 PM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 07, 2016, 06:14:31 PM »
Sorry I don't think Beck should be lumped with Tea Party or related matters anymore.  He really sounds like a lost soul:

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/11/07/glenn-beck-says-obama-has-made-him-a-better-man/

Come to think of it he has become so bizarre that I wonder if someone or some people have some sort of dirt on him.........he is just so strange although I always though there was something funny about him.

What is he dying of this week ?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 08, 2016, 05:04:43 PM »
These latest stories seem small and partly out of context.  I listen some and he hasn't changed much IMHO.  He and some others have to answer for not making a simple choice in this binary election.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 08, 2016, 06:09:57 PM »
My vote in NJ didn't win it for him.  :-o

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: POTH makes the Coffee Party argument
« Reply #525 on: December 06, 2016, 07:19:22 AM »
hmmm , , ,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/03/opinion/sunday/why-blue-states-are-the-real-tea-party.html?emc=edit_th_20161204&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=49641193

The coasts should try flexing their muscles. They can get really hungry and really cold real quick. No food or energy shipped in from the flyover states can clarify things. Perhaps we should just give it a try.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Beck apologizes again
« Reply #527 on: March 08, 2019, 09:33:31 AM »
Well,  apologizing and admitting he is wrong for the second time is better then declaring bankruptcy for sure.

I never liked him much and like him even less now.

I see the Blaze is with Mark Levin now.  :|