Author Topic: The war on the rule of law; the Deep State  (Read 353531 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The war on the rule of law
« Reply #700 on: January 22, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 22, 2018, 04:48:48 PM »
Hmmm , , , hard to square that with this:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...lost-yet-ig-horowitz-says-his-office-received

I clicked on the above link and got "page not found".

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 22, 2018, 09:52:08 PM »
Its back , , , https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-22/whos-lying-fbi-says-5-months-texts-lost-yet-ig-horowitz-says-his-office-received

So, I wonder how widespread this loss of texts was. Agency-wide? Just that field office? Will this present a issue in discovery for other criminal cases?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
And it keeps getting worse...
« Reply #705 on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:54 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/page-strzok-referenced-fbi-secret-society-met-day-election/

Suddenly, we are now living in an Alex Jones fever dream...

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obama administration war on the rule of law
« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »
Sometimes in this world of ugly partisan politics we see our opponent caught up in a scandal and can't help feel a sense of joy or hummor as if their demise is your victory. 

This is something far different.  Our own FBI, our own intelligence agencies, our outgoing administrationl caught up in a massive effort to sway the election and to overturn it if necessary bring fright, not joy, to see them caught.

For one thing, the misuse of the FISA process will make it harder or impossible for future administrations to fight future threats with that valuable and powerful tool.  So real future threats will go undetected and real people will be killed, cities destroyed,  because a bunch of partisan hacks infiltrated our most trusted agencies and destroyed our trust.

What Loretta Lynch did, and James Comey, conspiring to 'recuse' but still control the result is beyond contemptible.  They saw gross negligence and labeled it something else, for what purpose?  To not sway an election that they are more than happy to overturn. 

This didn't start with a fear of Trump.  The Obama administration weaponized the DOJ under Holder way before that and the IRS targeting took abuse of power and corruption light years beyond Nixon's feeble attempts.

They hid their tracks.  Holder took a contempt of congress charge with no penalty to avoid telling the American people what really happened in Fast and Furious.  The Schumer Senate issued an IRS targeting report that concluded both sides were wrongly targeting.  On page 188 of that report it turns out that all progressive groups were approved while all conservative groups were denied. 

A previous IRS chief visited the White House once in four years.  Obama's IRS chief was on the calendar 157 times during this time.  The fish stunk from the head.

These huge unconstitutional acts were orchestrated from the Oval Office.  Don't you think the tracks, if found, on this one, fake dossier, FISA fraud, unmasking and wiretapping lead there too? 

President lost his bid for a second term protecting the idea that we don't prosecute ex-Presidents, especially when they were already disgraced and forced out of power.  What test should we apply to ex-President Obama?

It sets a dangerous precedent to have political opponents prosecute predecessors after they leave office.  It's sets an even more dangerous one to let high crimes against our republic go by without consequence.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 23, 2018, 07:40:50 PM »
Some important thoughts there.

Regarding President Obama, during the investigation he said Hillary lacked bad "intent" but maybe had been "careless".

"Intent" was misapplied by Comey as the legal standard instead of the statutory standard of "gross negligence" and was called , , , drum roll , , , "careless".

Dog whistle much?!?

Also, it seems clear that Obama was in on the insecure email activities with Hillary.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 24, 2018, 08:31:15 AM »
"Obama was in on the insecure email activities with Hillary.":

Yes, and Andrew McCarthy is right on the money.   Obama 'only learned about it in the news', just like us, yet he was sending and receiving with her under his own pseudonym.  He was in all the way, over his head in it, lured in by the Clintons.  The Clintons and Obamas had some kind of mutually assured destruction pact between them in addition to  their shared political interests.

The only way that all of these scandals don't go right to the top would be if he was a puppet and someone else was really calling the shots.  The closest confidant to President Obama was Valerie Jarrett.  She had total access and was most trusted but she wasn't calling the shots in his place.

Obama was in it on Fast and Furious, IRS Targeting, FISA Fraud and unmasking and wiretap - the whole phony Russian conspiracy.  We are missing a whistleblower from that administration and a few more documents.  Maybe one of these lousy people, McCabe, Strzok, Page, Rybicki can be flipped.

"Obama had emails from Clinton, which he had to know were from a private account since her address did not end in “@state.gov” as State Department emails do."

He set up his own phony email address to do this.  He wasn't sending without knowing where he was sending.

"Note that claims of executive privilege must yield to demands for disclosure of relevant evidence in criminal prosecutions. But of course, that’s not a problem if there will be no prosecution.

Laws were broken that should be investigated and prosecuted.  If so, that barricade falls.
--------------------

Related note, Michael Flynn (reportedly) plead guilty when they threatened to go after his son.  
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/politics/michael-flynn-son-special-counsel-russia-investigation/index.html
Flynn was illegally and unconstitutionally wiretapped as part of the lie to the FBI trap.  That all falls as discovered.  In the end those charges will be dropped.  He had hoped to flip him on Trump collusion that didn't exist and they needed to indict someone high up to justify their existence.
--------------------
Anyone who doubts that the Obamas had a partisan interest in the successor election should watch this video again, Michelle Obama's speech to the 2016 DNC.  Michelle didn't give this speech separate from Barack and the administration's interest, and they were not neutral on choosing a successor.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZNWYqDU948

The Obama's hate Trump and it's personal, not just political.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:33:43 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
War on Rule of Law, Cheryl Mills, Obama Knew, We need to clean this up!
« Reply #712 on: January 30, 2018, 09:25:57 AM »
Adding this criminal intent email to a couple more threads:

President Obama said he learned of her private email in the news just like the rest of us yet was caught using it at least 20 times under a pseudonym.

Isn't this evidence under subpoena?  Clean it up means ... destroy it?!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
IG Horowitz
« Reply #715 on: February 06, 2018, 06:08:37 AM »
GM, that is a very interesting article.

=====================================

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/372457-ig-poised-to-reignite-war-over-fbis-clinton-case?userid=188403
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 06:12:55 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 12, 2018, 09:18:43 AM »
Wasn't there something about how she got caught overstating her claims in this regard?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 12, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »
Wasn't there something about how she got caught overstating her claims in this regard?

If so, I am not aware of it.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 12, 2018, 11:25:47 AM »
IIRC it had to do with this:
============================

Sharyl Attkisson Shares Update On Computer Hacking Investigation

June 17, 2013 2:22 PM

HACKED: Twitter Accounts Gone Wrong

Reporting Dom Giordano

PHILADELPHIA (CBS)  — Just days after CBS News confirmed that reporter Sharyl Attkisson’s computer had indeed been hacked, Attkisson spoke to Dom Giordano about the investigation.

“This suspicious activity has been going on for quite some time – both on my CBS computer and my personal computer,” Attkisson said. “CBS then hired its own independent cyber security firm, which has been conducting a thorough forensic exam … they were able to rule out malware, phishing programs, that sort of thing.”

Attkisson described some of the bizarre things that were happening with her computer.

“There were just signs of unusual happenings for many months, odd behavior like the computers just turning themselves on at night and then turning themselves back off again. I was basically able to verify and obtain information from my sources on the suspicious activity and I reported it to CBS News in January because of course it included CBS equipment and systems.”

Attkisson could not speak about whether the hacking was related to her questions about Benghazi because of “legal counsel,” but she did say her work at that time was primarily on the occurrence.

“Whoever was in my work computer, the only thing I was working on were work-related things with CBS were big stories I guess during the time period in questions were I guess Benghazi and ‘Fast and Furious.’ The intruders did have access to personal information including passwords to my financial accounts and so on, but didn’t tamper with those, so they weren’t interested in stealing my identity or doing things to my finances. So people can decide on their own what they might have been trying to do in there.”

When asked how she felt about being hacked, Attkisson had this to say:

“Even apart from this specific incident with my computers … I operate as though someone is looking at what I do, just because that’s the safest thing,” Attkisson said. “While it’s upsetting to have that sort of intrusion done, it’s also not that unexpected.”

Attkisson also confirmed that the investigation is still ongoing, and that she still has questions about the way the Benghazi incident was handled.

“We’re continuing to move forward aggressively, CBS News takes this very seriously, as do I. I think whenever an unauthorized party comes into the home of an American, whether it’s any private citizen or journalist and gets in their house, searches their computers — these are computers my family uses — and they’re inserting or removing material for whatever their reasons are, I think that’s a really serious and disturbing matter and we’re gonna follow it up and keep pursuing it.”

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: February 12, 2018, 09:19:30 PM »

I tried to look that up because I trust her as a source. Found something from 2013, (business insider, sorry no link) but the Obama Holder DOJ denying wrongdoing doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 13, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »
Maybe it was a smear-- I haven't seen anything about it for quite some time , , ,

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
War on the rule of law, Sharyl Attkisson
« Reply #722 on: February 13, 2018, 08:43:59 PM »
Attkisson follow up:

May 21, 2013
CBS Is Investigating How A Reporter's Computer Was Compromised
http://www.businessinsider.com/sharyl-attkisson-benghazi-computer-intrusion-fast-furious-doj-2013-5

May 22, 2013
JUSTICE DEPARTMENT: We Never 'Compromised' CBS Reporter's Computers
http://www.businessinsider.com/sharyl-attkisson-cbs-benghazi-computers-doj-justice-department-2013-5

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 14, 2018, 05:54:58 AM »
Jeff Sessions really is in an impossible situation

how does he deal with all the Obama DOJ issues without alienating everyone there?

How and who does he fire or investigate ?

OTOH there is corruption there and we need to clean house
perhaps he is not up to the job.
perhaps he is but just going slowly .

:|

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 14, 2018, 06:23:05 AM »
Excellent work Doug!

IIRC her claim about seeing stuff disappear in real time off her screen due to these intrusions was seriously challenged.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:05:06 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The war on the rule of law; the Deep State
« Reply #727 on: March 13, 2018, 08:47:33 AM »
" shocked shocked shocked

https://pjmedia.com/trending/sharyl-attkisson-accuses-doj-secretly-switching-computer-hard-drives/

Also see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Mza8HkpaA"

Sounds like what the crooks in white collar crime do , in the music industry and certainly in technology and other intellectual property.
I am convinced some of the thieves MUST have had government (CIA FBI NSA or other agency or military spy training ) and they go into the stealing business

corporate espionage.  As far as I know there is exactly ZERO investigations into this from anyone.

indeed it is club probably like we doctors are accused of from time to time or police officers or lawyers etc.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Clapper skates on felony crime
« Reply #728 on: March 13, 2018, 09:00:33 AM »
"Above the law."

We have these rules. They don't follow them. And there is no consequences. Why does that happen?!  Clappert shouldn't have gotten away with that under their own administration much less under a new one.  Still no charges or penalty to anyone for all that happened with Hillary, DNC, etc.  Fast and Furious. Email Server, negligent care of secret documents.  Uranium One and the Clinton Crime Family Foundation, blatant!
 IRS targeting was the worst of my lifetime.  Yet Scooter Libby did time for nothing.  Flynn has his life turned upside down for we don't know what yet.  The two sets of standards is so obvious and so accepted - by both sides!

It isn't that I want HER locked up in particular, I would just like to a consistent attempt u8nder all administrations to show that all the laws apply to all the people equally.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Does this not make you
« Reply #729 on: March 17, 2018, 08:28:19 AM »
glad he was fired?

yesterday it was pointed out he may still be able to appeal and STILL get his well deserved revoking of his pension reversed:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/andrew-mccabe-firing-response_us_5aac79dae4b0337adf83e00a

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump is not the only one with a massive anger and ego problem
« Reply #730 on: March 19, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/17/politics/john-brennan-donald-trump-mccabe-firing/index.html

in other words:

[we have man ways to get back at you!]

[ who dare you question we]

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
AD on Mueller
« Reply #738 on: May 12, 2018, 08:15:06 AM »
from CDs article from previous post:

" The woman behind us in line took her free book, turned to her husband and asked, “What happened to Alan Dershowitz?”

I don't know but Alan has gone from being one of my least favorite attorneys to one of my most favorite ones for his opinions on this as well as his defense of Israel.

Glad to have him on OUR side.

He speaks and I listen.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: The FBI's document black outs
« Reply #741 on: June 14, 2018, 07:48:31 AM »

By The Editorial Board
June 13, 2018 7:07 p.m. ET
437 COMMENTS

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray want Congress to trust them about the FBI’s actions in 2016. That would be easier if not for daily proof that they continue to play games when redacting documents.

Senate oversight Chairman Ron Johnson exposed the latest unjustified blackouts in a June 8 letter to Mr. Wray. The Wisconsin Republican is one of several Chairmen objecting to the FBI’s excessive redactions and its refusal to even supply the standard “log” with justifications for each redaction. Under pressure, Justice grudgingly invited Johnson staffers to review some documents in late May.

Those sessions revealed that the bureau is redacting in a way that stymies Congress’s ability to run down leads in its oversight of the Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump investigations. Notably, Justice and the FBI have been redacting names or initials of employees involved in handling those cases. This frustrates Congress’s ability to seek more information or interviews with those individuals.

One initial batch of documents contained an Oct. 11, 2016 text message from FBI official Peter Strzok to his FBI paramour Lisa Page. It read: “Currently fighting with”—while the rest was redacted. The unredacted version reads: “Currently fighting with Stu for this FISA,” which may be a reference to the warrant the FBI obtained to surveil Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Who is Stu and what was that fight? Congress has a right to know.

The initials “BO” are also redacted from several messages. An unredacted version shows a Strzok text on Oct. 7, 2016: “Jesus. More BO leaks in the NYT.” Another from Oct. 25, 2016 reads: “Just cranky at them for bad choices about BO.” Investigators aren’t certain who BO is, but one possibility is Bruce Ohr, the DOJ employee who was demoted after it emerged that he’d held undisclosed meetings with anti-Trump dossier author Christopher Steele, and whose wife worked for Fusion GPS, the firm that hired Mr. Steele.

Another less-redacted text shows someone blacked out a Strzok explanation for why the FBI didn’t pursue some Clinton leads. “Clinton, Mills, and Abedin all said they felt the server was permitted and did not receive information that it was not. To the extent there was objection down the line in IRM, we did not pursue that as State OIG did, because it was not a key question behind our investigation.”

Why not? An important issue regarding Mrs. Clinton’s private email server was whether she and aides Cheryl Mills and Huma Abedin intentionally violated State Department rules in setting it up, and if this increased her mishandling of classified information.

Redactions are supposed to be limited to guarding national security, attorney-client privilege, individual privacy or criminal investigations. These blackouts appear motivated to withhold pertinent information from Congress or spare the FBI political embarrassment.

Meanwhile, the FBI is refusing to answer a May 11 letter from Sen. Johnson seeking the names of employees who are doing the redacting. Mr. Johnson is concerned that some of the employees involved in this investigation might also be overseeing the redacting.

As retired FBI special agent Thomas Baker wrote on these pages last month (“The FBI’s Shocking Disrespect for Congress,” May 11), the FBI has damaged its credibility by flouting subpoenas and slow-rolling or hiding information. This behavior is why Congress must continue to pry out the truth.

Appeared in the June 14, 2018, print edition.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
47 IGs letter against Obama in 2014
« Reply #742 on: June 14, 2018, 07:50:11 AM »
second post: hat tip CCP

"In 2014, 47 of the nation’s 73 inspectors general signed a letter alleging that Obama had stonewalled their “ability to conduct our work thoroughly, independently, and in a timely manner.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/obama-administration-stonewalled-inspectors-general/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
planned timing perfect from LEFT wing and never Trump righties
« Reply #743 on: June 14, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »
NY DOJ files suit against Trump within day of IG report release ; duh

No , no deep state here .  Perfect for NYT WP and CNN to ignore the IG report and spend all their column and airtime wind bagging about the law suit  " the entire CNN propaganda  team :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CNN_personnel

http://news.trust.org/item/20180614145037-m3zna

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Justice Department IG Reveals FBI Corruption
« Reply #744 on: June 15, 2018, 06:16:00 AM »
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/justice-department-ig-reveals-fbi-corruption/

Justice Department IG Reveals FBI Corruption
Senior FBI agent threatened to prevent Trump election in text message; agents took gifts from reporters

BY: Bill Gertz    
June 14, 2018 5:02 pm

The FBI mishandled the politically charged investigation of classified information found on Hillary Clinton's private email server, and Bureau agents engaged in improper behavior including a text message threat to prevent Donald Trump from becoming president, according to a Justice Department inspector general probe.

A report by Inspector General Michael E. Horowitz, however, appeared to let the FBI off the hook for allowing political biases and concerns about protecting the FBI's reputation influence its investigation of classified data found on the email server.

Former FBI Director James Comey, who was fired by President Trump, came in for blistering criticism in the IG report for not informing Justice Department superiors about his decision in July 2016 to publicly exonerate Clinton in the probe—three weeks before she was named the Democratic presidential nominee.

Comey and the FBI were also was criticized in the report for delaying and then re-opening the email investigation days before the November 2016 election after tens of thousands of new emails were found after the probe had been closed in July.

The IG found "no evidence" Comey's July 2016 statement ending what the report called the FBI's "Midyear" probe of classified information found in the Clinton emails was the result of political bias or "an effort to influence the election."

"We concluded that Comey’s unilateral announcement was inconsistent with Department policy and violated long-standing department practice and protocol by, among other things, criticizing Clinton’s uncharged conduct," the report said.

"We also found that Comey usurped the authority of the attorney general, and inadequately and incompletely described the legal position of department prosecutors."

Comey announced July 5, 2016, that he was recommending against prosecuting Clinton based on a lack of illegal intention and asserting that no reasonable attorney would prosecute her for the security breaches.

The FBI also failed to act quickly in responding to the discovery of emails between Clinton and key aide Huma Abedin found two months later on the laptop of Anthony Weiner, Abedin's husband, as part of an investigation of Weiner sexting with a minor.

The delays created the perception that the FBI was slow-rolling a decision to reopen the email probe.

Comey told investigators when he learned of the Weiner laptop emails he did not know Weiner was Abedin's husband and failed to grasp the significance of the new evidence.

Clinton place both "secret" and "top secret" information on emails found on the private server used while she was secretary of state to avoid triggering official records preservation rules.

The FBI declined to charge her for the mishandling of classified information because classification markings had been removed from the information in the emails, the report said.

The 568-page IG report, "A Review of Various Actions by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Department of Justice in Advance of the 2016 Election" contains details of several FBI and Justice Department scandals that emerged since the 2016 election.

The report reveals that:

Obama administration Attorney General Loretta Lynch acted improperly in not cutting short a meeting aboard an aircraft with former President Bill Clinton during the investigation of Hillary Clinton. Both Lynch and Bill Clinton denied discussing the ongoing email probe during the meeting.
The FBI improperly permitted two Clinton aides who were witnesses in the investigation to sit in on the FBI's questioning of Clinton
Comey drafted an initial statement exonerating Clinton months before the investigation ended.
The draft statement exonerating Clinton also removed the term "gross negligence"—a condition that could have been used for prosecution—and replaced with "especially concerning."
An initial assessment in the Comey draft statement saying foreign spy services were "reasonably likely" to have accessed the classified data on the Clinton server was replaced with "possible."
FBI ethics officials "did not fully appreciate" the potential conflict of interest by former FBI Director Andrew McCabe's wife receiving $675,288 in 2015 from Clinton associate Terry McAuliffe, then-governor of Virginia, for her political campaign for a state senate seat. McCabe became head of the email probe in early 2016.
The FBI improperly regarded a parallel investigation of Russian collusion with the Trump presidential campaign in 2016 to be more important the Clinton email probe.

The most damaging disclosures in the IG report relate to five FBI officials, including FBI counterintelligence official and Deputy Assistant Director Peter Strzok who was involved in both the email and Russia probes.

Strzok was having an affair with Lisa Page, special counsel to the FBI deputy director, and the two officials exchanged thousands of emails revealing political bias against Trump and in favor of Clinton.

The IG report noted "particular concern" by the apparent political bias in elevating the Russian investigation over the email probe, as revealed in text messages between Strzok and Page.

The texts between the two FBI officials "potentially indicated or created the appearance that investigative decisions they made were impacted by bias or improper considerations."

Most of the texts between Strzok and Page that appeared to impact investigative decisions were related to the Russian probe that was not part of the IG review.

"Nonetheless, when one senior FBI official, Strzok, who was helping to lead the Russia investigation at the time, conveys in a text message to another senior FBI official, Page, ‘No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it' in response to her question, ‘[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!', it is not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects," the report said.

"Under these circumstances, we did not have confidence that Strzok’s decision to prioritize the Russia investigation over following up on the Midyear-related investigative lead discovered on the Weiner laptop was free from bias," the report said.

In addition to Strzok and Page, text messages also were reviewed by the IG related to two other FBI agents, one on the email probe, and another FBI lawyer.

"The text messages and instant messages sent by these employees included statements of hostility toward then candidate Trump and statements of support for candidate Clinton, and several appeared to mix political opinions with discussions about the Midyear investigation,' the report said.

The conduct "brought discredit to themselves, sowed doubt about the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation, and impacted the reputation of the FBI."

No direct evidence was found that the political biases were linked to investigative decisions, the report said.

But the report noted "the conduct by these employees cast a cloud over the FBI Midyear investigation and sowed doubt over the FBI's work on, and its handling of, the Midyear investigation."

"Moreover, the damage caused by their actions extends far beyond the scope of the Midyear investigation and goes to the heart of the FBI's reputation for neutral fact finding and political independence."

The IG finding of bias will likely fuel further criticism by President Trump of the Russia investigation that eventually was elevated into Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

Trump has denounced the probe of Russian collusion with the Trump campaign as a political witch-hunt designed to discredit his presidency.

Clinton, for her part, has blamed Comey for undermining her election bid by re-opening the email investigation so close the election.

The IG report said Comey believed that his failure to disclose the newly found emails to Congress would be an act of concealment.

The IG, however, sharply criticized Comey for saying he had only two doors to enter, one for concealment and one for publicizing the re-opened probe.

"The two doors were actually labeled ‘followpolicy/practice' and ‘depart from policy/practice,'" the report said.

"Although we acknowledge that Comey faced a difficult situation with unattractive choices, in proceeding as he did, we concluded that Comey made a serious error of judgment."

Comey was also influenced in mishandling the case because he believed Clinton would be elected president and he feared the information would leak if the FBI failed to make it public.

He also was concerned that "failing to disclose would result in accusations that the FBI had ‘engineered a cover up' to help Clinton get elected," the report said.

The report said there also were "concerns about protecting the reputation of the FBI" and worries about the perceived illegitimacy of a Clinton presidency if the discovery of the emails was not made public.

"We found no evidence that Comey’s decision to send the October 28 letter [to Congress] was influenced by political preferences," the report said.

"Instead, we found that his decision was the result of several interrelated factors that were connected to his concern that failing to send the letter would harm the FBI and his ability to lead it, and his view that candidate Clinton was going to win the presidency and that she would be perceived to be an illegitimate president if the public first learned of the information after the election."

Regarding FBI agents disclosing information to reporters, the IG stated that agents had unauthorized contacts with reporters and accepted favors and gifts in apparent exchange for details about the email investigation.

"We identified numerous FBI employees, at all levels of the organization and with no official reason to be in contact with the media, who were nevertheless in frequent contact with reporters," the report said.

"In addition, we identified instances where FBI employees improperly received benefits from reporters, including tickets to sporting events, golfing outings, drinks and meals, and admittance to nonpublic social events," the IG said, noting the improper activities are under investigation.

The report said leaks, fear of potential leak and "a culture of unauthorized media contacts" influence FBI decisions regarding its investigations.

The report recommended providing guidance to agents and prosecutors on legal actions that could impact an election.

The IG also called for making an explicit rule that an investigating agency cannot announce its charging decision without consulting the attorney general or other senior Justice officials.

The report also suggested developing a policy on discussing the conduct of uncharged persons in public statements.

The IG also recommended improving the policy of saving of text messages from official mobile phones and devices and to include a banner on the devices warning users they have no expectation of privacy.

Better education of FBI employees regarding the policy on accepting gifts is also needed, along with disciplinary action to deter improper conduct.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 15, 2018, 06:55:42 AM »
" Justice Department IG Reveals FBI Corruption "

The LEFT:  the ONLY corruption was Comey announcing the reopening of the email investigation of Hillary (then later coming out and stating nothing there - again)

:x :x :x

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The IG Report and the Legacy of Obama
« Reply #746 on: June 16, 2018, 02:08:37 PM »
hat tip GM

https://pjmedia.com/trending/the-ig-report-and-the-legacy-of-obama/

The IG Report and The Legacy of Obama
 BY MATT MARGOLIS JUNE 16, 2018

President Barack Obama announces he will nominate U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch, right, to be the next Attorney General, Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

As shocking as the Justice Department inspector general’s report on the Hillary email investigation released earlier this week was, the truth is none of us should be surprised by it. I certainly wasn’t. Anyone who paid any attention at all to what was going on during the Obama years would know that what happened in the summer of 2016 within Obama’s Justice Department was the climax of an eight-year crescendo of partisan corruption, intent on protecting Obama’s legacy from Donald Trump.

Eight years is a short time for the FBI to go from a respected institution to a partisan arm of the White House, but it happened right under our noses, with the media doing its best to keep us in the dark.

From the earliest days of the Obama administration, the Obama/Holder/Lynch Justice Department protected political allies from justice. A slam-dunk case of voter intimidation by the New Black Panther Party during the 2008 presidential election was inexplicably dropped, resulting in the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights declaring in the summer of 2010 that there was evidence of “possible unequal administration of justice” by the Justice Department. Obama also blocked a corruption probe that implicated former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for bribery. He also illegally fired an inspector general who was investigating a friend and donor of Obama’s. Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder worked in concert to protect each other. Holder would stonewall congressional investigations into Obama administration corruption and Obama would assert executive privilege to keep damaging information away from the eyes of investigators, such as crucial documents in the Fast and Furious investigation.

The Obama Justice Department also targeted Obama’s enemies. When conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza was prosecuted for making $20,000 in straw donations to a friend’s U.S. Senate campaign, many legal experts saw it as partisan selective prosecution, including liberal Harvard Law School professor and Obama supporter Alan Dershowitz. James O’Keefe, the founder of Project Veritas, was placed on a terrorist watch list in order to limit his international travel after posting a viral video showing himself dressed like a terrorist crossing back forth over the U.S. border with Mexico to demonstrate the horrible state of our nation’s border security.

There are dozens of scandals in the Obama administration that never resulted in any of the key players being prosecuted. No special counsels were ever appointed. By the end of the Obama administration, they’d been able to get away with so much because the media refused to give anything damaging to Obama the coverage it deserved for eight years.

So, is it really that surprising that anti-Trump FBI agent Peter Strzok was leading both the Trump investigation and the Hillary Clinton email investigation? There was no justification for this, but yet, it happened. And the impact of their political bias is undeniable. We now know from text messages between Strzok and his fellow FBI agent and lover Lisa Page (who also was involved in the investigations) that Strzok was going to do whatever he could, with the power of the FBI, to keep Trump out of the White House:

Page: [Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!
Strzok: No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it.

There are other anti-Trump text messages from several FBI agents and lawyers as well, all of which raise legitimate concerns that the FBI’s investigation of Trump was a political witch hunt, and that there was a concerted effort to protect Hillary Clinton.

Dinesh D’Souza, speaking with Laura Ingraham on Fox News earlier this week, believes that the ”tremendous kind of glee and sense of immunity with which these agents at the high level of operating” suggests they were ordered by someone high up. Who gave the order? The answer to that, according to D’Souza, is the answer to the question, who benefits?

“Hillary benefits, but Hillary clearly couldn't have given the order," D'Souza said. "She was secretary of state and then she was out of the government. Obama, on the other hand, very much did not want Trump to win. He knew that Trump would try to erase his legacy. It's very embarrassing for him to be succeeded by Trump. I wonder if Obama is the one who gave the order.”

The reputation and our faith in the FBI have been severely compromised by eight years of politicization under the “leadership” of Barack Obama, Eric Holder, and Loretta Lynch. That is a legacy of Obama’s that must be fixed. I have no doubt that most of the agents in the FBI, regardless of their political leanings, are upstanding individuals who believe in equal justice. But, somehow a slew of hyper-partisan anti-Trump agents all ended up running the most pivotal investigations leading up to the 2016 election by aggressively pursuing the dubious link between Trump and Russia, while simultaneously easing up on the Clinton email investigation.

We must make sure that the right people are held accountable, and safeguards are put in place to make sure such terrible abuses never happen again. But our faith in the FBI won’t be so easily restored.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Sean Hannity: These are the laws Hillary broke
« Reply #748 on: June 17, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5797769954001/?playlist_id=930909813001#sp=show-clips

18 USC 793 (D,E, and F)

18 USC 1924 (A)

18 USC 641

18 USC 2071 (D)

18 USC 1505

18 USC 1515 (B)

18 USC 1001

52 USC 30121

52 USC 30101

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 17, 2018, 06:11:25 PM »
The laws Hillary broke......

But Brock said she didn't mean it .  So the deep state team took their cue and gave her a  "sentence" consisting  of  a  minute or two tongue lashing and
the Leftist media cabal proceeded with  all their joy and gaiety to  trash and  bash the Republican nominee.

:x