Author Topic: The war on the rule of law; the Deep State  (Read 353617 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Saddest things obituary of my life
« Reply #500 on: July 05, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »
07/05/2016 The rule of law and the American republic R.I.P.

DDF

Re: Saddest things obituary of my life
« Reply #501 on: July 05, 2016, 09:59:27 AM »
07/05/2016 The rule of law and the American republic R.I.P.

I have a question.

How does anyone, any longer, respect something this blatantly corrupt?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Gangster government
« Reply #502 on: July 05, 2016, 01:03:16 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The war on the rule of law
« Reply #503 on: July 05, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »
Would someone please find and post here all the various cases of other people who HAVE been prosecuted for such things and for less?

Thank you-- I'm looking to write the rant from hell on all of this.

DDF

« Reply #504 on: July 05, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »
Would someone please find and post here all the various cases of other people who HAVE been prosecuted for such things and for less?

Thank you-- I'm looking to write the rant from hell on all of this.

Patraeus, Snowden, Assange,Deutch, Berger, and more here:

http://phys.org/news/2016-01-federal-cases.html

and more here, this link being particularly interesting because Comey himself is involved, as is Holder:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/former-cia-officer-convicted-for-unauthorized-disclosure-of-national-defense-information-and-obstruction-of-justice

"Jeffrey Alexander Sterling, 47, of O’Fallon, Missouri, was convicted today in the Eastern District of Virginia of six counts of unauthorized disclosure of national defense information, and one count each of unlawful retention of national defense information, unauthorized conveyance of government property and obstruction of justice. Sterling was indicted on Dec. 22, 2010, and arrested on Jan. 6, 2011. Sentencing is scheduled for April 24, 2015."

This link here cites several cases and is especially good because it notes the year, administration and outcome of the case and highlights the glaring hypocrisy of this administration (11 separate cases noted):

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/spc/multimedia/espionage/

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 06:21:29 PM by DDF »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: July 05, 2016, 06:23:07 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437502/hillary-clinton-email-scandal

Patraeus got off with a 100 K fine.  Which for him is NOTHING.  He is already serving on multiple boards raking in millions.

I am also 100% convinced he got off so easy because they needed to clear the deck for Clintons excusal.  Couldn't have him get serious punishment and then not do same for her. 

DDF

« Reply #506 on: July 05, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437502/hillary-clinton-email-scandal

Patraeus got off with a 100 K fine.  Which for him is NOTHING.  He is already serving on multiple boards raking in millions.

I am also 100% convinced he got off so easy because they needed to clear the deck for Clintons excusal.  Couldn't have him get serious punishment and then not do same for her.  

Two years of probation, $100,000 fine, and losing your career is a hell of a lot more than Clinton got.... That train just keeps rolling. Interesting to note, the CNN Liberal cheerleaders reference in their video of the "special treatment" Patraeus received.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/04/23/politics/david-petraeus-sentencing/

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DDF

Re: The day the rule of law died
« Reply #508 on: July 05, 2016, 07:00:28 PM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/07/05/the-day-the-rule-of-law-died/?singlepage=true

Good article. I have to say, I've met several hitmen in person, even looked them in their eyes, unhandcuffed in their prison cells, alone, with his cellie present, and the blackness in their eyes. Not the type of people anyone would pick for president, so when there is an overwhelming consensus that Clinton has people killed:

" this is not the kind of case a reasonable prosecutor would make. Of course it isn't -- not if that prosecutor wants to both keep his job and stay above ground."

What in the fk is she doing as the nominee?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 05, 2016, 07:44:32 PM »
America has been fundamentally transformed.

DDF

« Reply #510 on: July 05, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »
America has been fundamentally transformed.

When I left, six years ago, I never knew it would change that much.

Now that I am thinking about returning, I wonder what I am coming back to.

I honestly think this will break the country into two, shortly.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 06, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
We are a nation of laws for most of us but at the top wealthiest and connected we are a nation of lawyers:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/nancy-pelosi-driver-cuts-across-traffic/

DDF

« Reply #513 on: July 06, 2016, 01:01:48 PM »
We are a nation of laws for most of us but at the top wealthiest and connected we are a nation of lawyers:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/nancy-pelosi-driver-cuts-across-traffic/

Sorry....no longer interested in who they're electing.

I just, not five minutes ago, did this:

Just called Congressman Gowdy's office (202-225-6030), stating that:
"I would like it brought to the floor, that I want a state set aside for Americans, where we can go and start a sovereign nation, where a rule of law will apply to us all, and not just for the peasants. That the fact that there are two sets of laws, one for yourselves, and one for the common man foregoes entirely the rule of law. The fact that Comey and Lynch have completely failed to apply that law, when they have already tried and convicted others for lesser and same offenses is insufferable and will not be tolerated."
"Anne" replied that "I can certainly understand your frustration," to which I cut her off and stated"
"No ma'am, I have been respectful, and am not interested in your excuses. I want the message that I just conveyed to you, conveyed to Congressman Gowdy. You have already shown us who you are."

I also just called Texas Governor Greg Abbot as well, stating precisely the same thing, verbatim.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:08:56 PM by DDF »

DDF

« Reply #514 on: July 06, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2016/07/04/you-owe-them-nothing--not-respect-not-loyalty-not-obedience-n2186865

Sometimes in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another. It is high time to declare our personal independence from any remnant of obligation to those who have spit upon the rule of law. We owe them nothing - not respect, not loyalty, not obedience.

Think about it. If you are out driving at 3 a.m., do you stop at a stop sign when there’s no one coming? Of course you do. You don’t need a cop to be there to make you stop. You do it voluntarily because this is America and America is a country where obeying the law is the right thing to do because the law was justly made and is justly applied. Or it used to be.

The law mattered. It applied equally to everyone. We demanded that it did, all of us – politicians, the media, and regular citizens. Oh, there were mistakes and miscarriages of justice but they weren’t common and they weren’t celebrated – they were universally reviled. And, more importantly, they weren’t part and parcel of the ideology of one particular party. There was once a time where you could imagine a Democrat scandal where the media actually called for the head of the Democrat instead of deploying to cover it up.

People assumed that the law mattered, that the same rules applied to everyone. That duly enacted laws would be enforced equally until repealed. That the Constitution set the foundation and that its guarantees would be honored even if we disliked the result in a particular case. But that’s not our country today.

CARTOONS | STEVE BREEN
VIEW CARTOON
The idea of the rule of law today is a lie. There is no law. There is no justice. There are only lies.

Hillary Clinton is manifestly guilty of multiple felonies. Her fans deny it half-heartedly, but mostly out of habit – in the end, it’s fine with them if she’s a felon. They don’t care. It’s just some law. What’s the big deal? It doesn’t matter that anyone else would be in jail right now for doing a fraction of what she did. But the law is not important. Justice is not important.

The attorney general secretly canoodles with the husband of the subject of criminal investigation by her own department and the president, the enforcer of our laws, shrugs. The media, the challenger of the powerful, smirks. They rub our noses in their contempt for the law. And by doing so, demonstrate their contempt for us.

Only power matters, and Hillary stands ready to accumulate more power on their behalf so their oaths, their alleged principles, their duty to the country – all of it goes out the window. But it’s much worse than just one scandal that seems not to scandalize anyone in the elite. Just read the Declaration of Independence – it’s almost like those dead white Christian male proto-NRA members foresaw and cataloged the myriad oppressions of liberalism’s current junior varsity tyranny.

There is one law for them, and another for us. Sanctuary cities? Obama’s immigration orders? If you conservatives can play by the rules and pass your laws, then we liberals will just not enforce them. You don’t get the benefit of the laws you like. We get the benefit of the ones we do, though. Not you. Too bad, rubes.

So if you are still obeying the law when you don’t absolutely have to, when there isn’t some government enforcer with a gun lurking right there to make you, aren’t you kind of a sucker?

Don’t you feel foolish, like you’re the only one who didn’t get the memo that it’s every man/woman/non-binary entity for his/her/its self?

Who is standing against this? Not the judges. The Constitution? Meh. Why should their personal agendas be constrained by some sort of foundational document? Judges find rights that don’t appear in the text and gut ones that do. Just ask a married gay guy in Los Angeles who can’t carry a concealed weapons to protect himself from [OMITTED] radicals.

The politicians won’t stand against this. The Democrats support allowing the government to jail people for criticizing politicians and clamor to take away citizens’ rights merely because some government flunky has put their name on a list. Their “minority report” on Benghazi is an attack on Trump, and to them the idea of congressional oversight of a Democrat official whose incompetence put four Americans in the ground is not merely illegitimate; it’s a joke.

Is the media standing against this, those sainted watchdogs protecting us from the powerful? Don’t make me laugh.

What do these moral abortions have in common? Short term political gain over principle. These people are so used to the good life that a society’s reflexive reliance on the principle of the rule of law brings that they think they can undermine it with impunity. Oh it’s no big deal if we do this, they reason. Everyone else will keep playing by the rules, right? Everything will be fine even as we score in the short term.

The Romans had principles for a while. Then they got tempted to abandon principle for – wait for it – short term political gain. Then they got Caesar. Then the emperors. Then the barbarians. And then the Dark Ages. But hey, we’re much smarter and more sophisticated than the Romans, who were so dumb they didn’t even know that gender is a matter of choice. Our civilization is permanent and indestructible – it’s not like we are threatened by barbarians who want to come massacre us.

Oh, wait. The last words of some of these people to their radical Muslim killers before they are beheaded will be, “Please remember me as not being Islamaphobic! And sorry about the Crusades!”

There used to be a social contract requiring that our government treat us all equally within the scope of the Constitution and defend us, and in return we would recognize the legitimacy of its laws and defend it when in need. But that contract has been breached. We are not all equal before the law. Our constitutional rights are not being upheld. We are not being defended – hell, we normals get blamed every time some Seventh Century savage goes on a kill spree. Yet we’re still supposed to keep going along as if everything is cool, obeying the law, subsidizing the elite with our taxes, taking their abuse. We’ve been evicted by the landlord but he still wants us to pay him rent.

Now it seems we actually have a new social contract – do what we say and don’t resist, and in return we’ll abuse you, lie about you, take your money, and look down upon you in contempt. What a bargain!

It’s not a social contract anymore – American society today is a suicide pact we never agreed to and yet we’re expected to go first.

I say “No.”

We owe them nothing - not respect, not loyalty, not obedience. Nothing.

We make it easy for them by going along. We make it simple by defaulting to the old rules. But there are no rules anymore, certainly none that morally bind us once we are outside the presence of some government worker with a gun to force our compliance. There is only will and power and we must rediscover our own. If there is no cop sitting right there, then there is nothing to make you stop at that stop sign tonight.

They don’t realize that by rejecting the rule of law, they have set us free. We are independent. We owe them nothing - not respect, not loyalty, not obedience. But with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we will still mutually pledge those who have earned our loyalty with their adherence to the rule of law, our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:27:28 PM by DDF »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
How come Clinton's lawyers can get away with destroying evidence?
« Reply #515 on: July 06, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »
"In his comments on Tuesday, Comey declared, “The FBI … discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014.” We also already know that some of those work-related emails could be permanently deleted. Indeed, according to Comey, “It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that [Clinton and her team] did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all emails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.”

Why are not these lawyers who knew exactly what they were doing when they had thousands of emails permanently removed from their devices not liable for obstruction of justice?

Why do we not hear anything about this?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: How come Clinton's lawyers can get away with destroying evidence?
« Reply #516 on: July 06, 2016, 08:08:37 PM »
"In his comments on Tuesday, Comey declared, “The FBI … discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014.” We also already know that some of those work-related emails could be permanently deleted. Indeed, according to Comey, “It is also likely that there are other work-related e-mails that [Clinton and her team] did not produce to State and that we did not find elsewhere, and that are now gone because they deleted all emails they did not return to State, and the lawyers cleaned their devices in such a way as to preclude complete forensic recovery.”

Why are not these lawyers who knew exactly what they were doing when they had thousands of emails permanently removed from their devices not liable for obstruction of justice?

Why do we not hear anything about this?

Because she and her attorneys are above the laws that you and I live under.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
No charges for Cersei
« Reply #517 on: July 06, 2016, 09:39:56 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 07, 2016, 06:07:39 AM »
We might have to re-name this thread, there is no rule of law.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 07, 2016, 06:16:56 AM »

True. It's dead and buried in an unmarked grave.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 07, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »

True. It's dead and buried in an unmarked grave.

It is the only war that Obama has won.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 07, 2016, 12:37:14 PM »
We keep hearing about how honest and how much integrity he has from everyone.  Yet he clearly gave in to the political pressure.  We will probably never know why.

Amazing how he gave in to her lawyers and met with her when she would not be under oath and no transcripts of that interview.  So the interview itself was a total charade.

We here thought the fix was in the day Obamster came out and explained she did nothing intentional or he didn't think she broke any laws.  They  were all colluding one way or the other behind the scenes.
We kept hearing how Comey would do the right thing.   Yet he succumbed to the Dem machine like everyone else.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 07, 2016, 02:58:47 PM »
Yes Tray was great. Reading Director Comey's answers is beyond incomprehensible.  Here we are again with statements akin to:

"It depends what is is!"

"she has sex with him but he did not have sex with her"

Or it depends how you define "being in the same room with someone"

If he was honest he would say he was pressured and resign or say he didn't think that Justice was going to do anything anyway to save us from going through more of the same I decided to end it here.

At least he would have been honest.

All I can say is this will be huge black mark on his record he will have to live with.

Gotta love the Dershowitz the other night saying when asked if Hillary broke any laws  he says "not even close" and than proceeds to explain do we want an FBI that has this kind of power aka J Edgar Hoover again?   What is he talking about?  This is not about Comey abusing his power this is about the Secretary of State abusing hers!   Is this guy  an "f"n partisan or what?  But coming from a guy who bears no remorse for getting OJ off what can we expect?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Strassel: Comey ran true to form
« Reply #529 on: July 08, 2016, 08:54:43 PM »
When President Obama in 2013 named James Comey to head the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the president must have sensed that he had picked someone who could be trusted to have his back, even if Mr. Comey had served in the George W. Bush administration. This week, Mr. Obama’s bet paid off when the G-man let Hillary Clinton skate.

Not that Mr. Comey had an explicit understanding with the White House. It’s just that Mr. Obama and his savvy political team must have known from the start that Mr. Comey was no John Adams.

Not the Adams of Founding Father fame, but John Adams when he was a younger man, who in 1770 agreed to defend British soldiers accused of massacring Boston colonists. The legal task was so unpopular, so dangerous, that nobody else would do it. Yet Adams believed that the law trumped politics, and that the men deserved a fair trial. In taking the case, he risked both his economic and political future. He took it anyway.

Mr. Obama announced Mr. Comey’s appointment by praising his “fierce independence and deep integrity.” And the press drooled over several episodes in his history that had given the former Justice Department official a reputation as tough and impartial. What this missed was that Mr. Comey had risen through the ranks precisely by being the opposite of tough. Washington rewards officials who are best at currying public favor, best at surviving, best at creating unfounded legends. And Mr. Comey had been steadily rising in Washington a long time.

Consider the episode for which he is perhaps most famous: opposing the George W. Bush administration’s “warrantless wiretapping” program in 2004. The left cast the then-deputy U.S. attorney general as a hero, breathlessly relating how he had rushed to the hospital bedside of then-Attorney General John Ashcroft to oppose reauthorization of the program. Mr. Obama, in choosing Mr. Comey, furthered this lore, feting him as a man who “was prepared to give up a job he loved rather than be part of something he felt was fundamentally wrong.”

Yet there was nothing tough or bold about opposing a program that was always going to be explosively controversial. Intervening wasn’t brave; it’s what any watch-your-own-backside official would do. There was nothing courageous in later spinning his role, or tarnishing well-meaning government lawyers whose interpretations of the policy differed from his own. Tough would have been standing behind a program that was vital in the war on terror; tough would have been defending the policy when it became a lightning rod for liberal and media criticism.

There was nothing tough, when Mr. Comey was a federal prosecutor in 2003, about expending vast time and resources to harass banker Frank Quattrone over the wording of a single ambiguous email. Tough would have been withstanding the post-Enron, antibusiness populist climate and refusing to burnish one’s prosecutorial credentials by turning Mr. Quattrone into a whipping boy. There was nothing tough about continuing to defend the FBI’s hapless investigation of non-anthrax-mailer Steven Jay Hatfill. Tough would have been admitting the FBI had bungled it.

And there was certainly nothing tough in 2003 about appointing a special prosecutor—an old buddy named Patrick Fitzgerald—to investigate the leak of Valerie Plame’s identity as a CIA employee. How tough was it to allow the hounding of Bush officials after Washington had turned against the war in Iraq? Tough would have been exercising the authority Mr. Comey had to shut the case after Mr. Fitzgerald quickly discovered the leaker’s identity. Mr. Comey instead let it run for three years, let it temporarily put a journalist in jail for refusing to disclose a source, and let it end with the scandalous perjury conviction of Scooter Libby. This isn’t tough. It’s going with the popular flow.

All of which is why it was no surprise that Mr. Comey this week let Mrs. Clinton off, despite the damning evidence amassed by the FBI of gross negligence in her handling of classified material. A prosecutor—for this was the position Mr. Comey essentially assumed on Tuesday—who put the law above all else would have brought charges, holding Mrs. Clinton to the same standard as other officials convicted of similarly “extremely careless” handling of classified material.

A prosecutor who had spent a lifetime with one eye on politics and one eye on his résumé would have behaved exactly as Mr. Comey did. He must have noticed that Mrs. Clinton, leading in the polls, had recently dangled a job offer in front of his boss, Attorney General Loretta Lynch. He saw President Obama pressing not just his thumb, but his whole body, on the scales of justice. Reporters were on Mrs. Clinton’s side. Democrats were ready to be furious if he decided the wrong way.

Mr. Comey wasn’t ready to go it alone and impose accountability on Mrs. Clinton. That would have been tough. That would have been brave. He instead listed her transgressions in detail and left it to the public to pass judgment at the ballot box in November. That isn’t how the system is supposed to work. But Mr. Comey is no John Adams.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
AG Lynch blows off the law
« Reply #534 on: July 14, 2016, 07:38:36 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NSA probably has Clinton's emails
« Reply #539 on: August 01, 2016, 07:51:11 AM »
You mean to tell me the FBI could have gotten the deleted emails all along?   huh

I cannot imagine they would not have had just cause to get these emails in view of the pattern ob obstruction of justice.

Just astounding.  Dershowitz has the nerve to question if we want an FBI to have this kind of power?   What about the question , do we really want a corrupt person as President of the United States.
The voter have a right to know how corrupt the  person is who is major part nominee.  For God's sake if the FBI cannot be trusted to enforce the law the who will?

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2016/07/31/exclusive-nsa-architect-agency-clintons-deleted-emails/

Interesting how the NSA now is backing off its' surveillance of regular folks like you and me, JUST as this news is coming out thanks to Aaron Klein.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile