Author Topic: propaganda  (Read 18341 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
propaganda
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:07:14 AM »
I am not sure if this is a legitimate topic or not.  I guess this could go under political rants.   At a time where out country is divided. This book review from the Economist is perhaps a timely reminder that politics has always been a fight for the hearts, minds, and votes and often pocketbooks of voters - in a Democracy or Republic. 

The biggest problem is sorting out "propaganda" from truth.  If it is truth is it propaganda?  And one person's truth can be considered another's propaganda muddling it all even further.   Michael Savage correctly calls David Axelrod a political genius for using propaganda to its max.   I am thinking that the difference between him and Rove is Axelrod's willingness and to be more ruthless, with little concern for truth and transparency.

Some would argue (wrongly in my view) that Rove is just the other side of the same coin.  But I take the position of radio host Aaron Klein who argues the biggest threat to the US is not China, not Jihad, but the leftist movement from within. 

In any case, back to "propaganda":

http://www.economist.com/news/books-and-arts/21576641-fine-account-bloody-early-battle-shots-heard-round-world

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: propaganda
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 11:08:01 AM »
I'm thinking this is too murky a concept for its own thread.

Perhaps Media, Liberal Fascism, Way forward for American Creed, or Cog. Dis. of the Left threads will cover the various pieces you wish to post?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: propaganda
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 03:12:38 AM »
Point pithily made!

But better made on the Media thread-- much of which is focused precisely on how the Media are Prog Pravdas.

Not seeing a distinct enough purpose for this thread, I'm going to lock it down, but leave it up for the content already here.