Author Topic: The Libertarian and Green candidates  (Read 5925 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Jill Stein
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 08:50:37 PM »
http://boingboing.net/2016/08/01/jill-stein-is-a-fearmongering.html

It is a tough choice whether to call this candidate out as a flake or whether to encourage all our leftist friends to support her.  Maybe we can do both.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Question for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
WIIh reference to his advertising that promises to get America out of wars, I have a question for Gary Johnson:

Are America's wars America's fault?

In a debate he didn't know if the US was wrong to go into WWII.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:19:43 PM by DougMacG »

DDF

Re: Question for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 03:22:39 PM »
WIIh reference to his advertising that promises to get America out of wars, I have a question for Gary Johnson:

Are America's wars America's fault?

In a debate he didn't know if the US was wrong to go into WWII.

I have what I think a better question for both of them:

Ms. Stein, can you explain to all of us, regardless of affiliation or lack thereof, how we can know that either you or Mr. Gary Johnson are not attached to Goldman Sachs or any of the other bankers? Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both more than attached. Show America, if you will, yours and Mr. Jonhson's lack of connections to the banks and incestuous politics.

DDF

Johnson Just Won My Vote With This
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 11:34:10 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/restoringfreedom2016/videos/237038543360675/?pnref=story

There is NOTHING that destroys a country faster than broken families.

I think he's a pothead, I don't like his stance on immigration, but with this, he just got my vote. He has the benefit of not being owned by the banks as well. And... he climbed Mount Everest. Something to be said for that. He would also take the States away from the corrupt two party system (not that countries with multiple party systems don't have their issues too, they do).

DDF

Re: Johnson Just Won My Vote With This
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/restoringfreedom2016/videos/237038543360675/?pnref=story

There is NOTHING that destroys a country faster than broken families.

I think he's a pothead, I don't like his stance on immigration, but with this, he just got my vote. He has the benefit of not being owned by the banks as well. And... he climbed Mount Everest. Something to be said for that. He would also take the States away from the corrupt two party system (not that countries with multiple party systems don't have their issues too, they do).

Then again, he's anti-weapons. No. No. No. Can't have that.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Libertarian and Green candidates
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:00:01 PM »
"Then again, he's anti-weapons (Gary Johnson). No. No. No. Can't have that."

Glad you got that corrected.  He is also pro-open borders, soft on terrorism and does not  know if the US was wrong to go into WWII.

He is a moderate Republican who failed in the primaries last time.  Right on some issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRPrZxHUqsA

He actually seems to be drawing more from Hillary.  I expect his early popularity to shrink. Support for only one person, Trump, can prevent Hillary from becoming President.  Everything else is a Supreme Court vote for permanent, runaway leftism.  MHO.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:17:30 PM »
Adding to Doug's comments, there is also a clip of him doing a TV interview where he corrects the interviewer for using the term "illegal aliens" in the most sanctimonious way.  Truly worthy of getting bitch slapped.

DDF

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 09:24:03 PM »
I'm capable of being mistaken. I knew he was open to "immigration," but from my perspective, to not call things by their proper names, and even apologize for them... just not what I agree with at all.

And he is indeed pulling from Clinton. I haven't been with my squad much lately, due to an administration change, been studying for a law degree and have had some time to dedicate to studying polls and whatnot. Between Stein, Sanders and Johnson (the collective things going on with each of those), Clinton is by far, going to get the worse of the exchange.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:26:46 PM by DDF »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Libertarian and Green candidates - held to a lower standard
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 06:08:20 AM »
Minor party candidates are held to a lower standard - because they aren't going to be President.  In this case,  Gary Johnson couldn't name a foreign leader.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/28/gary-johnson-has-aleppo-moment-when-asked-to-name-favorite-foreign-leader/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_3_na

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 07:46:20 AM »
 "Gary Johnson couldn't name a foreign leader."

CNN was "making hay" of this yesterday.   Therefore the conclusion is he is CNN thinks he is hurting Hillary more than Trump.

DDF

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 09:57:38 AM »
Definitely not voting for Johnson. I've gone back and forth on this a few times... Trump started asking Hillary some hard questions yesterday in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Johnson can't name a foreign head of state that he admires. Dude... He could have said the Dalai Lama and no one would have questioned him at all.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
Definitely not voting for Johnson. I've gone back and forth on this a few times... Trump started asking Hillary some hard questions yesterday in Iowa and Wisconsin.

Johnson can't name a foreign head of state that he admires. Dude... He could have said the Dalai Lama and no one would have questioned him at all.

Some of us I think could have said Benjamin Netanyahu.  Doubtful that Johnson agrees with that, since being lax on defense is a main stance of his. He could have said Narendra Modi and pivoted to India, or the guy who ended agriculture subsidies in New Zealand.  How do you beg to be included in prime time debates and then not try to learn 6 or 8 names from around the world?

Maybe he has some short term memory loss...

Johnson couldn't say whether US involvement in WWII was wrong. 

Maybe he has cognitive issues as well.

DDF

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »

How do you beg to be included in prime time debates and then not try to learn 6 or 8 names from around the world?

Johnson couldn't say whether US involvement in WWII was wrong.  

Agreed with every name you used. Great question.

Edit: From a strategical standpoint, I wonder how much it would be worth trying to point out Johnson's weaknesses online? More pointedly, what is the real ratio of voters that he is pulling from Clinton and Trump? Have their been any polls that have questioned Johnson supporters, that in a two candidate race, which they would support? If the numbers favor Clinton (from my perspective), maybe it would be worth it to try to make Johnson look good. Have to see about that.

I don't trust the polls at all, and so I looked - 538 maintains that when third party candidates are included with polls, Trump takes the beating. I still doubt it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:32:41 AM by DDF »

DDF

The Libertarian and Green Candidates & Why They're 3rd Party
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 12:33:35 PM »
Just when you think it can't get any worse, and just when the fourth party is snubbing the third party for failing to name 3 world leaders, this happens:

Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein tried to capitalize on Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson flubbing a question on world leaders by listing three figures she liked.
But none of the ones she listed are leaders of their respective countries.
A day after Johnson was unable to name a world leader he admired when asked at an MSNBC town, Stein tweeted out a list of her own:

"Here are a few of my favorite leaders: @ElizabethMay, João Stédile of @MST_Oficial and @jeremycorbyn. #AleppoMoment"
https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/781501057922961408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

May, Stédile, and Corbyn, however, aren't technically world leaders, as none holds a top position in their country's government. May is a member of the Canadian House of Commons. Stédile is an economist and member of Brazil's Landless Rural Workers Movement, which he helped found. Corbyn is the leader of the Labour Party in Britain.

Johnson, sitting with Libertarian vice presidential nominee Bill Weld, was asked by MSNBC's Chris Matthews to "name one foreign leader that you respect and look up to." Johnson couldn't name any.

"I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment," Johnson said, referring to a previous embarrassing interview he did when he didn't recognize the name of a Syrian city at the center of the country's humanitarian crisis.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/jill-stein-gary-johnson-foreign-leaders-228899#ixzz4LfuL7i7M

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
YOU GO GIRL!
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 08:16:41 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User