Author Topic: 2020 Presidential election  (Read 147810 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Presidential election
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2019, 07:00:15 AM »
"I hate to say it but look for Michelle Obama to pop out of the woodwork at the last moment."

back in the rodeo???   :wink:

no she is having too much fun, and making too much just the way it is -  my guess.

AS for everyone else looking bad against Trump - Doug, I hope you are right
Trump not polling too great against some of them so far though I don't know how to make sense of it this early and with so many in the race.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2019, 09:08:32 AM »
Delegates to the convention are committed to their candidate at least on the first round of voting. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »
Delegates to the convention are committed to their candidate at least on the first round of voting.

Yes.  Assuming the delegates are split over the wide field, this means a late entry could get in during the convention after the first ballot and not have to run in the primaries - if he or she was very well-known and popular.

It sure looks like Michelle is enjoying life above the fray and not running.  Running for president or governing would be a step down from her life now. The people reading her book tend to be liberal-leaning.  They are finding it to be non-political. But she will be a speaker at the convention and it will be a political speech passionate about the candidate. I'm not saying she will be the one to jump in, but who else is there? Who else from the Obama gang if not Biden? Valerie Jarrett? She has never sought the public eye.  A Cabinet member? John Kerry is washed up. Hillary had her turn, twice. Eric Holder, Rahm Emanuel, these are ordinary figures who like Julian Castro could have run in the primaries.  Not game changers.  A congressional figure, Schumer, Durbin, Pelosi,  not going to happen. Governors?  Like Hickenlooper, already in and not making a splash. They don't start off as national figures. Barack Obama left a shallow bench when he lost the House, the Senate, the governor ship's, state Houses and the presidency.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2019, 06:03:52 AM »
Sanders and Warren voters have surprisingly little in common. In poll after poll, Sanders appeals to lower-income and less-educated people; Warren beats Sanders among those with postgraduate degrees. Sanders performs better with men, Warren with women. Younger people who vote less frequently are more often in Sanders’ camp; seniors who follow politics closely generally prefer Warren.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/12/sanders-warren-voters-2020-1408548

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
good strategy
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2019, 06:22:55 AM »
highlight their bigotry:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/16/list-of-racist-statements-by-members-of-the-squad-so-far/

yet maybe leave the "go back to your country" tweets;  just does not play well.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2019, 12:31:45 PM »
Wrong thread for that.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2020 Presidential, second round matchups Democrat debates
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2019, 06:02:19 AM »
Warren and Sanders will join Delaney, Hickenlooper, Ryan, Bullock, Williamson, Klobuchar, O'Rourke and Buttigieg on July 30.

Harris and Biden will join Gillibrand, Gabbard, Bennet, de Blasio, Inslee, Booker, Yang and Castro on July 31.

Will Sanders and Warren take off the gloves  fighting  for the  Wako left lane? Will Amy Klobuchar  come out against the Bush tax cuts, oops I mean the Trump tax cuts ? Yawn.  Which of these are your liberal friends going to stay inside for, excited to see on these beautiful summer evenings? Maybe Tom Steyer will have to host his own event. Who will have their breakout moment at these highly anticipated events?    I predict ... no one.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 19, 2019, 06:24:28 AM »
Tucker was seriously scathing last night on the zombie candidates , , , and heading the list was Slo Joe.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 19, 2019, 07:51:24 AM »
Tucker was seriously scathing last night on the zombie candidates , , , and heading the list was Slo Joe.

If there was one in this group that could or should breakthrough, they can't because they are locked up in groupthink.

Take their favorite issue for example, Healthcare. There isn't a one of them that can handle one follow-up question on their proposal if they have one.

With Obama, Pelosi, Gruber, they devised a super complex, technocratic idea that no one could understand. Now they propose everything free and no one pays for it - and the deficit under Trump is unacceptable?

They all want a 50 trillion dollar plan without paying for it. Only Bernie says he will pay for it but his math doesn't work. Raising the tax rates further on the rich does not raise more Revenue so you still need 50 trillion.  Now Biden says, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Are you kidding?

Older voters are trending Trump and the Democrats are offering their target young voters the opportunity to increase the debt from 20 trillion to 100 trillion given all their programs. And they will accommodate the new debt burden with a zero GDP growth rate - or worse.

Their campaign slogan is already written,
Trump is flawed, we are worse.

Representative Omar is in the news spewing hatred everyday while three Minnesota Democrat incumbents in swing districts prepare for re-election. Trump declared Minnesota in play. I think he will wi MN.

It's been awhile since they bragged about the blue wall.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 12:17:15 PM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 19, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »
I would love to see biden knock out harris
but i don't think he is capable of it.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Yes . Trump on Federal spending.
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2019, 04:32:01 AM »
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/business/article/President-Trump-tells-aides-to-look-for-big-14109681.php

OTOH
can Trump win with rational budget cuts against a Party hell bent on spending increases and claiming they will only tax the "rich" promising everything for "free".

Hard to win when the crats always put together enough victims promising to give them other people's money etc......

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2019, 11:04:24 AM »
I get it that the issue is relivent to the election, but OTOH what does not?

Please post in thread(s) on Budget, Spending Cuts, and maybe Politics.  TY

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2019, 06:30:42 AM »
"Trump down by 10 points to Biden mostly likely due to Trumps tweets"
  (Media  thread)

Another view, (mine):   

Trump is down 10 points today because:  Trump always under polls at the poll taker level, the media based poll companies try to influence outcomes, the election isn't national, the polling company is not held accountable until the final weekend poll, the election isn't being held today, (Biden won't be the nominee) and the campaign against Biden hasn't started.    )

"Not helpful to have it revealed Kushner owns rentals in Baltimore
some with rodent problems."

I agree that nobody likes the landlord but inconvenient connections like this will not be what turns the election.  [I'm watching the economy via GDP growth rate and concerned there too.]  This does give Trump firsthand knowledge of the problems in Baltimore from within his advising inner circle.  He is not getting duped by a Fox News false report as was the storyline on the other channels this past weekend.  SJWs are offended by the word but the City is infested - with rats - and with black on black crime, race not mentioned.  The cause is Democratic policies.  See Walter Williams article just posted.

Win (and end) the trade war with China, turnaround the global economy before the election (do-able) and win the election on the merits of the policies.
------------------------------------
Brilliant move by Trump yesterday, he publicly called out the Chinese and Iranians for trying to outlast his Presidency to deal with another pushover.  Of course that is  exactly what they are trying to do!  This bold accusation affects both his negotiating adversaries and his political opponents.

Joe, Liz, Kamala, are you the pushover that the Chinese and Iranians want to roll over?  If all of them deny pushover status and share Trump's hard line on this matter, the Chinese would make a deal today to stop their economic bleeding, also surging the Trump economy.  If none of them take a hard line, Trump frames the election and wins.  If he can divide his opponents in a structural manner, he runs against divided and weakened opposition. 

Nice to have the bully pulpit on your side.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Presidential election, debate Tulsi, Harris
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2019, 06:01:17 AM »
The Washington Examiner
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/tulsi-gabbard-just-humiliated-kamala-harris-in-front-of-10-million-peoplehursday, August 01, 2019
Supporting links in the article

OPINION
Tulsi Gabbard just humiliated Kamala Harris in front of 10 million people
by Brad Polumbo
 | July 31, 2019 10:18 PM

During Wednesday night’s Democratic primary debate, CNN’s Jake Tapper knew exactly what he was doing when he queued up a question for Tulsi Gabbard about her past criticisms of Kamala Harris’s approach to racial issues and her attack on Joe Biden.

Gabbard went off.

Clearly, Gabbard had done her homework, and she absolutely dragged Harris for her abysmal record as California attorney general. During her time in office, Harris took draconian stances on issues of criminal justice, enforcing such merciless policies and displaying such ruthless ambition that “Kamala the cop” has become a common criticism of the candidate.

Gabbard attacked Harris for having locked up thousands of people for mere marijuana possession and laughing about it when asked whether she had smoked pot herself. The congresswoman piled onto Harris, adding on a reference to her office’s shameful move to keep people locked up to preserve "cheap labor for the state of California."

This is all true, and here are the receipts. But Gabbard didn’t stop there.

The Hawaii congresswoman also called out Harris for the fact that while attorney general, she fought to keep people incarcerated despite exonerating evidence and fought to preserve the unfair system of cash bail.

True and true.

And according to the New York Times, “Ms. Harris also championed state legislation under which parents whose children were found to be habitually truant in elementary school could be prosecuted, despite concerns that it would disproportionately affect low-income people of color.”

So Gabbard was spot-on when she said, to Harris’ face, that “when you were in a position to make a difference, you did not. The people who suffered under your reign as a prosecutor, you owe them an apology.”

As the Washington Examiner’s own Tiana Lowe summed it up blogging in real time, “Tulsi just stabbed Kamala where it hurts, focusing on the California Senator's history of threatening the mothers of truant children, sex workers, and a disproportionately crew of color. Shots fired.”
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:55:59 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »
I did not watch these debates and I guess no one else did either.  Must rely on those paid to watch for (lousy) analysis.

They are starting to challenge each other on their pasts and differences but it is a pretty boring, inconsequential race on the Dem side. 

In the previous post, Kamala Harris was skewered badly on the stage and all the rest of especially the top tier have even more obvious weaknesses and vulnerabilities.

I heard Rush L say there is a 75% chance Michelle O will get in.  Say it isn't so, but this so-called clown show becomes truly inconsequential.  They have a message.  Now they need a face and a voice to carry it.  If she is so inclined, it sure looks possible,because the answer so far is definitely none of the above.

From the Left side, here is Nate Silver's take on the race:
"[Biden's] chances [for the nomination]are under 50 percent. But I think he’s more likely than anyone else."

[Way to go out on a limb Nate.]

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/where-i-think-the-candidates-stand-after-the-second-debate/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:41:21 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Funny, more and more dems favoring impeachment
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2019, 10:00:25 AM »
after watching their mosaic of candidates debate:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/house-democrats-majority-impeachment/2019/08/02/id/927069/

(gotta do something  :-P)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 09, 2019, 03:53:17 PM »
But the surprise attack from Gabbard, and the direct and cutting nature of her remarks, turned out to be one of the defining moments of the second debate.

Gabbard accused Harris of locking up racial minorities for low-level drug offenses while laughing off her own marijuana use. And she accused Harris of keeping inmates imprisoned for cheap labor, while ignoring exculpatory evidence that might have freed death row inmates.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
sharpton might run
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2019, 04:43:23 AM »
https://pjmedia.com/trending/al-sharpton-considering-2020-presidential-bid/

he could run as the first cockroach for president  :-o
or the first one to have a roux en y procedure .  :wink:

I wonder if michelle would back him over biden?   :-P

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 15, 2019, 10:16:14 AM »
From media thread. 
ccp:  "if Dems can come up with viable candidate
          we lose in '20."
------------------------

But they have made a set of rules that makes that impossible.  Nominee must support open borders and free healthcare for all, a contradiction that makes fiscal governance impossible.  Must support abortion until or past the last day of pregnancy rules out anyone with a brain and a conscience.  Dismantle the military.  Put international governance above our constitution.  End capitalism and virtually all other freedoms.  Most of all, candidate must be in full Trump derangement / hate mode including the hating and smearing of everyone who has contemplated supporting him.  They need someone honest and credible that can easily switch fake gears with them from asserting Russian collusion to calling half the country including conservative blacks and Hispanics "white supremacists'.  And be electable.  Tough criteria to meet. 

My 'thoughtful' liberal friends tell me it's Biden and the only criteria is that he can beat Trump.  As they say the you can see them recognize it is a prescription for failure and they admit it.

The so-called moderates weren't moderate anyway and they were already chased off the stage, fully out of contention.

The answer so far is any of the above and none of the above at the same time, sort of a contradiction.

I hate to keep saying Michelle O when there is no sign she wants it, but they need someone from outside the fray to ride in on a white horse (can I still say that) and sweep them off their feet.   Even then, her free pass ends when she enters.  She is about as skilled as Biden and as experienced in politics as ... Laura Bush?  Who else could do it, someone who can defend the Obama legacy and argue a return to it, Valerie Jarrett?  Not going to happen.  Back to Biden, Warren, Sanders.

Republicans still think it's going to Kamala Harris but I don't see it and polls in key states and nationwide show Democrats still don't see it.  It keeps looking like Biden or Warren are the best they can find in country of 330 million people.  Forget old, one is dumb and the other is rabid.  One would be a figurehead turning us back back to the establishment deep state and the other would make us Venezuela, which doesn't sound good right now.  Neither have a clue about what made this country great or how to solve any of what ails it right now.

Meanwhile they have to hope for continued legislative standstill and economic failure to have a chance, and manage the impeachment and shiny object focus on their side and run up against a guy about whom Barack Obama said, "stop underestimating this guy!"

This is a mess for the Dems and it's going to get worse before it gets better. 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:22:41 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsi Gabbard gets coverted David Duke endorsement
« Reply #224 on: August 15, 2019, 12:40:06 PM »
She should have just stuck with being winner of the swimsuit competition. 

Once again she will be the most searched candidate - while stuck at 0.0% support in the polls.

She is one more Democrat that will keep us out of foreign wars, would rather let them amass their weapons and have the war here.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 03:14:07 PM by DougMacG »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsi Gabbard gets coverted David Duke endorsement
« Reply #226 on: August 15, 2019, 07:09:26 PM »
She should have just stuck with being winner of the swimsuit competition. 

Once again she will be the most searched candidate - while stuck at 0.0% support in the polls.

She is one more Democrat that will keep us out of foreign wars, would rather let them amass their weapons and have the war here.

I was trying to think of a Warren swimsuit joke and threw up in my mouth.  :-o

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2019, 08:15:40 AM »
Only Biden (29), Sanders (15) and Warren (14) are polling above 5% of Democrats.  When candidates like Hickenlooper drop out  (does anyone outside Colorado know his first name), the joke is, who will win his supporter?  The analysis of the polls is "soft support", or what I call 'none of the above'.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/2020_democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html

The top two for sure are old.  Old in that they have been around a long time and offer no excitement, no accomplishments, no upside. 

Sanders and Warren work off of anger.  Anger at the system.  In a different way, I have anger too, but anger is not the quality that wins elections, particularly in good times.  And if we should head into recession any observer can easily see that they wanted it first and want it to be deeper.

Warren's problem is her strength, her message.  For both Sanders and Warren, facts don't bear out the attraction of their ideology.  A closer look at it in a long campaign does not favor them.

Biden is his own case study.  He was chosen VP for being flavorless not for the following he would bring with him.  He blows with the wind.  He knows the other two are too far left so he is equally far left but calls himself liberal and moderate.  He is a known gaffe machine and because of that the next gaffe does not sink him.  Latest: "poor kids are just as smart as white kids".  Voter acceptance through lowered expectations.  Does that bring voters to the polling booth?

To see Biden under mild scrutiny, watch his debate performance against Sarah Palin in 2008.  His speech accuracy was poor, even though he had already served in the Senate since Nixon was President.  Each time he repeated his answer for emphasis, it was false.  He will be under much more scrutiny this time and he is less sharp now.  He was speechless when Kamala blindsided him. He will be readier for Trump's attacks but can't suddenly add talent or change facts.  People support him because they see that polls of others say he can beat Trump - before the contest begins.

Sanders is the unlikely hero of young people who were spoonfed that same socialist screed from pre-K through college.  Warren or even Butti could win 90% of the college student vote that any Dem will win.  None of them have appeal with the stereotyped 'black vote'.  Even Biden does not excite them.  'My opponent' "will put you back in chains"?  Is that how blacks see themselves, just out of chains?  How racist! Or was it a joke?  Black chain humor?  'Black voters' are supposed to all flock to Kamala Harris like trained seals because she looks a little bit black.  It turns out she is a descendant of slave owners, not slaves.  Ironic.

Biden is the workingman's candidate, but has never worked and has now gotten rich off of public service, power and corruption.  Hillary 3.0?

It's always been a coalition of conflicting groups when what they sell is identity politics.  In MN they call the Dem party the DFL, Democratic, Farmer, Labor, but now Trump wins farmers and laborers and may win 'white' Minnesota.  Dems want to corral the interests of blacks with Jews, Muslims with gays, white suburban women with inner city African American men, etc.  It's not an easy weave, especially when your opponent just wants to make America great again and build opportunities for all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 08:26:26 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
liberal Jews are loyal to the Democrat Party
« Reply #231 on: August 22, 2019, 04:20:19 AM »
Last listing I saw ~ 72 % of Jews are crats.

the ones I know who are crats are wedded for life.

their opinion will never change.  they are closed minded know it alls.

one might as well speak to a wall.

but then again so are many if not most  libs, crats.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 04:28:17 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
second post today
« Reply #232 on: August 22, 2019, 05:31:44 AM »
Sad news

He will be sorely missed .  :wink: :roll::

https://pjmedia.com/trending/climate-alarmist-candidate-jay-inslee-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race/

he could go take a hike - on Mt Rainier

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2020 election,
« Reply #233 on: August 22, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
Sad news

He will be sorely missed .  :wink: :roll::

https://pjmedia.com/trending/climate-alarmist-candidate-jay-inslee-drops-out-of-2020-presidential-race/

he could go take a hike - on Mt Rainier

What he couldn't get passed in liberal Washington state, he couldn't get passed for the country; he couldn't even get it approved by the party activists.  It's the biggest threat to the earth - but not aq top 10 issue in the election in any poll.
https://climatecommunication.yale.edu/publications/politics-global-warming-march-2018/2/
https://news.gallup.com/poll/244367/top-issues-voters-healthcare-economy-immigration.aspx

Bernie today says he is willing to spend 16 trillion of our money to win over Jay Inslee's supporter.
https://news.yahoo.com/sanders-outlines-climate-plan-builds-110026653.html;_ylt=AwrC2Q6IlV5dcBYAlgLQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

P.S. It's been a relatively cold and rainy here this summer.  How is your spiraling out of control heat and drought going?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 06:21:28 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: liberal Jews are loyal to the Democrat Party
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2019, 06:58:22 AM »
Last listing I saw ~ 72 % of Jews are crats.

the ones I know who are crats are wedded for life.

their opinion will never change.  they are closed minded know it alls.

one might as well speak to a wall.

but then again so are many if not most  libs, crats.

4% of the electorate is Jewish.  A small portion but more than the winning margin in close elections.  They vote more than 2 to 1 Dem.  Pew says there has been very little movement in the last decade but their own chart show a recent turn toward parity:

As AOC and the Leftist Presidential candidates become the voice of the Democratic Party, the political enthusiasm of the Jewish middle to the left loses energy.  Converting disaffected Democrats to Republicans or to being Trump voters is another leap.

If you are a Leftist, Jewish or not,you will never in the next two years vote for Trump or a Republican House but most Jewish Democrats I know are more divided in their thought.  They lean left by habit, by family and by intuition but are independent on issues and partly data oriented.  Our problem is that all the data they read comes filtered by the left.  Some notice Democrats are bad for the economy and bad  for the country.  Do they really want anti-Semites speaking for them on Israel or think free healthcare and everything else to all who crash our borders is an answer our out of control fiscal challenges?  They don't like Republicans but find themselves alienated by the latest direction of the Democratic party.  Pro-business but "socially liberal", good luck with that! They are conflicted, like most voters. 

To go from 72% Dem as ccp cited to mostly ambivalent in 2020 is a small gain for Republicans.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
can the public accept this ?
« Reply #235 on: August 23, 2019, 03:56:25 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tells-republicans-may-begin-162457862.html

of course Left will proclaim that a vote for Trump is a vote to hurt seniors etc and this is unnecessary (which it is not )
and that their answer AS ALWAYS , is the rich should pay.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: can the public accept this ?
« Reply #236 on: August 23, 2019, 06:30:45 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tells-republicans-may-begin-162457862.html

of course Left will proclaim that a vote for Trump is a vote to hurt seniors etc and this is unnecessary (which it is not )
and that their answer AS ALWAYS , is the rich should pay.

We are running out of time to fix it. Left alone, it will END totally.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »
We should mention in this thread of Dem primary contests that Trump is also running.

He has a chance to hold his base and to increase his support from other groups such as blacks and Hispanics.  But crucial is to increase support from suburban women.  Good to hear they are working on it - when they aren't busy making it worse.
-------------------
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/458249-trump-campaign-launches-effort-to-mobilize-female-voters

"Sixty-three percent of white, college-educated women said they would definitely or probably vote for the Democratic nominee in 2020, while 30 percent said they would vote for Trump, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal survey released on Monday."
--------------------
Those numbers don't need to flip from 2016 but they do need improve.  It will be interesting to see how they plan to do that - without becoming Democrats on  policy.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »
" ."Sixty-three percent of white, college-educated women said they would definitely or probably vote for the Democratic nominee in 2020"

Doug, 
do we know exactly why?

guns, abortion, tweets, free health care or college?  need to have people to babysit mow lawns ?

what?

It has got to be along those lines.

I would be curious to know how many of the women are single mothers
what is ratio of single mothers (who will look to government for help ) to those married with regards to voting for the crats........

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Presidential election - messaging
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2019, 08:20:12 AM »
"Sixty-three percent of white, college-educated women said they would definitely or probably vote for the Democratic nominee in 2020"

"Doug, 
do we know exactly why?
guns, abortion, tweets, free health care or college?  need to have people to babysit mow lawns ?
what?
It has got to be along those lines."

First, it is an NBC poll so you might get 5 points back on each side of that in polling error.  But still, this weakness cost R's the House.

Women are more liberal than men.  Women are more "compassionate" and have soaked up the indoctrination in college and media that destroying the poor with our Welfare system and destroying our healthcare system with socialism is "compassionate".  It will take a very persuasive, informative and long campaign back against that to counter it.

Tweets?  Women in the middle don't like Trump's tone.  We need a shift from personal crap to policies tied to results.

"I would be curious to know how many of the women are single mothers
what is ratio of single mothers (who will look to government for help ) to those married with regards to voting for the crats........"

Right.  There is a HUGE difference between women married in families and single women and the ratio of those groups is worsening.  We need to improve our messaging to both groups.  Forget the hard core liberals with Trump derangement, they are lost, but we need to answer the heavy messaging the others more toward the center are receiving.

For example, Elizabeth Warren just published an opinion piece on how to avoid the next economic crash (and the previous one) but her policies actually cause the downturn, not prevent it. 
https://medium.com/@teamwarren/the-coming-economic-crash-and-how-to-stop-it-355703da148b

Who calls her out on that?  Trump will when he gets to it and if she is the nominee, but in the meantime the reaction is silence.

Look at the heart of this group, married mostly white suburban women who lean center left.  Most work, save, pay taxes, follow the law  and care about their children.  They do not favor confiscation, socialism, national bankruptcy, destruction of our cities and culture etc.  Trump is the only one (it seems) who is and who can call out the Democrats for adopting the destructive agenda of the radical Left while the Republicans including Trump have been occupying the space of the political center.  Secure the border and enforce our laws is not an extreme agenda.  Abandon all that is.

DEFICIT:  If you care about your children and their children, you care about this issue.  If you care enough to vote you already know to be skeptical and cynical of both sides.  Trump with a Republican House and Senate COULD attempt to deal with this in his second term.  Democrats taking any of these three will stop that.  Republicans must make the factual case that higher tax RATES on the people most able to rearrange their activities around tax rates slows the economy and makes revenues worse.  Most people don't know that.  You deal the deficit in one or both of two ways, you raise taxes on EVERYONE who earns anything, or you realize and admit the problem is the spending stupid, entitlements in particular.

You can reform federal spending structurally and drastically and still have a very significant safety net for those in real need.  Who makes THAT point?

Republicans and Trump also need to up their image on the environment.  Our opposition to exaggerated and over-hyped climate change is not advocating a return to a time of filth or taking a don't know, don't care position.  We want the air to be clean, the water to be clean, the cities to be clean, the farms to be clean, the factories to be clean and our energy production to be clean.  We just don't believe government fascism gets you there at all much less in the best way.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 08:27:53 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Handicapping the 2020 Dems
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2019, 07:12:27 AM »
Pretty good analysis.  Spoiler, the winner is Warren.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/08/27/pundits-guide-handicapping-democratic-nomination/
"Joe Biden is running a one-man negative campaign against Joe Biden. Unless someone stops him from campaigning, there is no telling how low he will go."
"Bernie Sanders’ problem is that in politics, as in the bedroom, it is difficult to lose one’s virginity a second time."
"Unlike Democratic candidates who stand for everything and nothing, Warren knows exactly what her campaign is about and, native heritage aside, who she really is."

"So, in Democratic primaries and caucuses, Warren’s algorithm is powerful: angry populist + angry socialist + angry woman = Democratic nomination."
"Kamala Harris has a big smile and very little behind it. In sheer charisma, Harris is the candidate most like Obama in the 2020 field, but without a millimeter of Obama’s depth."
"Booker’s campaign is featureless. He has the courage to say whatever Democratic voters want to hear, turning his message into forgettable background noise, the indistinguishable hum of tires on the campaign bus to nowhere."
"The problem with riding white horses [Beto] is that you can’t get a speck of mud on them."
"Buttigieg is one great speech away from getting the ride that makes him a 2024 contender."

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sorry Mayor Pete, Lesbians choose gender over orientation
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2019, 07:26:16 AM »
Conflict over at the party of identity politics, Mayor Butti can't even lock up the LGBTQ vote.

https://news.yahoo.com/why-lesbians-don-t-want-090241362.html
“But I’m one of these women who thinks we are way overdue for having a woman in the White House. That’s a lens through which I’m going to filter my decision.”

Looks like we will have an angry white woman up against a happy white male, no gay in the final round.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Boxing Bernie!
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2019, 08:19:16 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
2020 Presidential election: Please let it be Biden!
« Reply #243 on: August 29, 2019, 07:44:28 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
More bad news
« Reply #244 on: September 01, 2019, 08:52:24 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-faces-more-2020-danger-if-democrat-scores-upset-n-n1047226

It seems like all the poll news and retirements are ALL trending against Republicans

Like I said I at least will never see a tax cut in my life again ( and since I could not deduct NJ taxes it effectively was no cut for me anyway)

And even this will be reversed when Trump loses in 20.
Then everything will go up and up and away for me .
As for the country the debt will keep going up as spending outpaces tax increases .......

I am very pessimistic.

People who keep blowing off all the polls do so at their own risk.
Yeah I know , they were wrong in 16 but I don't think so now.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
It is not big tech or big labor
« Reply #245 on: September 01, 2019, 08:56:25 AM »
It is all about getting the midwest blue collar vote back.
Dems know they have "big tech" in their pocket like they do the Blacks.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/big-tech-big-labor-2020-democrats-line-unions-65324482

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dynamic dems!
« Reply #246 on: September 01, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »
now we know why Bernie is so punch drunk.

he is a failed boxer.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
2020 Presidential election, Tallying up the free sh*t
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2019, 08:09:42 AM »
Note, Elizabeth Warren's no fossil fuels in 10 years plan came after this RCP Reason TV posting.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/08/26/john_stossel_free_stuff_2020_tallying_up_proposed_spending_by_presidential_candidates.html?utm_source=spotim&utm_medium=spotim_recirculation&spotim_referrer=recirculation
John Stossel: Free Stuff 2020, Tallying Up Proposed Spending By Presidential Candidates

On Date August 26, 2019

REASON TV: Never before have so many politicians promised to spend so much.

Among some candidates, the 2020 presidential campaign has turned into a contest to see who can offer the most "free stuff."

So far no one has tracked their promises, so the Stossel team did.

Stossel compares the top five Democratic candidates, based on the betting odds. He looks at Sen. Kamala Harris (D–Calif.), Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.), former Vice President Joe Biden, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, and Sen. Bernie Sanders' (D–Vt.) expensive promises, issue by issue: education, health care, climate, welfare, and… well, let's make it a contest! There's a grab-bag round too.

Some examples of what the Democrats would spend if they become president:

Sanders wants to "eliminate student debt" and "make public colleges and universities tuition-free." Sounds nice, but he seldom mentions the $220 billion price tag.

Mayor Buttigieg promises to spend $31.5 billion to give teachers a pay raise. Kamala Harris likes that one too.

Senator Harris also wants the government to pay your rent if it's more than 30% of your income. The cost? $94 billion a year.

The Democratic candidate promises keep on coming: Medicare for All, $3 trillion.

Increase Food Stamps, $10.8 billion.

Expand National Service, $2 billion.

A federal job guarantee, $158 billion.

But the Republican incumbent is a big spender too, says Stossel. Since Donald Trump became President, spending has risen about $500 billion.

But the Democrats want to spend much more. Stossel's tally includes more than 50 spending proposals.
Watch to see who wins the title of "Biggest Spender."Stossel says, no matter who wins, taxpayers are the losers.
-------------------
Doug:  All these costs are understated, they ignore the macro effect of destroying the economy.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
I guess Love loses and hate wins out
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2019, 04:18:22 PM »