Author Topic: Villianous plans for "World Domination!"  (Read 1238 times)

TuhonBill

• View Profile
Villianous plans for "World Domination!"
« on: September 07, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
Hi Folks,

Marc Denny invited me to this forum as we shared an interest in discussing the twin “taboo” subjects of politics and religion. By way of introduction, I would like to offer an excerpt from chapter 6 of my fantasy novel Eretzel. On the destruction of our history.

In this chapter the villain tells of his plan for “world domination” and, through reverse inference, you can learn something of my own philosophical, political and religious beliefs.

Regards,
Tuhon Bill McGrath

Antiochus smiled a mirthless smile. “We shall make the men of the middle class question the value of their morals, their honor, their courage, their history, all the things that makes them men. We cannot change their ways in a single day, but we can ensure what the middle class holds as honorable is ridiculed by our press and in our universities, see that our theaters belittle their morals and everywhere else define their brand of courage out of existence.
“‘What is History? Is it not simply lies told by those who won the war?’
“‘What is Honor? Can you see it, taste it, touch it? Does it put food on the table?’
“‘What is Courage? That is just the foolishness of little boys talking.’
“‘Morality? What you hold to be evil, I hold to be good. Why should your morality be held above mine?’
“These questions must be asked by those malleable minds in the press and in the universities whom we support, and then—and it will not take too long—we will have the populace asking it of themselves. We must by then get the populace so addicted to the emperor’s gold and guidance that they can do nothing for themselves and will thus follow the emperor as if he were their god.”

Read more from chapter 6 of Eretzel on The Sword of Fire sample chapters page:
http://theswordoffire.com/?page_id=336

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 12:28:19 PM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Villinous plans for "World Domination!"
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 01:36:20 AM »
Hi Folks,

Marc Denny invited me to this forum as we shared an interest in discussing the twin “taboo” subjects of politics and religion. By way of introduction, I would like to offer an excerpt from chapter 6 of my fantasy novel Eretzel. On the destruction of our history.

In this chapter the villain tells of his plan for “world domination” and, through reverse inference, you can learn something of my own philosophical, political and religious beliefs.

Regards,
Tuhon Bill McGrath

Antiochus smiled a mirthless smile. “We shall make the men of the middle class question the value of their morals, their honor, their courage, their history, all the things that makes them men. We cannot change their ways in a single day, but we can ensure what the middle class holds as honorable is ridiculed by our press and in our universities, see that our theaters belittle their morals and everywhere else define their brand of courage out of existence.
“‘What is History? Is it not simply lies told by those who won the war?’
“‘What is Honor? Can you see it, taste it, touch it? Does it put food on the table?’
“‘What is Courage? That is just the foolishness of little boys talking.’
“‘Morality? What you hold to be evil, I hold to be good. Why should your morality be held above mine?’
“These questions must be asked by those malleable minds in the press and in the universities whom we support, and then—and it will not take too long—we will have the populace asking it of themselves. We must by then get the populace so addicted to the emperor’s gold and guidance that they can do nothing for themselves and will thus follow the emperor as if he were their god.”

Read more from chapter 6 of Eretzel on The Sword of Fire sample chapters page:
http://theswordoffire.com/?page_id=336

“A generation which ignores history has no past — and no future.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Welcome!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Villinous plans for "World Domination!"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 09:54:45 AM »
Great to have you with us Bill!