Author Topic: FBI Follies, Entrapment Attempts, & Stasi-Like Schemes  (Read 1581 times)

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
FBI Follies, Entrapment Attempts, & Stasi-Like Schemes
« on: January 03, 2024, 08:44:35 AM »
This could likely be folded into an existing thread, but I’d like to start cataloging FBI-specific malfeasance as, it seems to me, they have morphed into a champions of the status quo as preferred by the Democratic Party, an organ of the Deep State, and generally an agency that regularly violates constitutional protections to political ends, as this piece demonstrates.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2024/01/03/the_fbi-tainted_whitmer_kidnap_plot_youve_heard_next_to_nothing_about_1001971.html

If anyone is aware of other posts re FBI malfeasance please pass ‘em on so I can add a link to ‘em here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: FBI Follies, Entrapment Attempts, & Stasi-Like Schemes
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 08:58:47 AM »
I get your logic, but does this thread serve your purposes?

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=2385.msg69227#msg69227

BTW, nice find!

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 12:10:37 PM »
I get your logic, but does this thread serve your purposes?

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=2385.msg69227#msg69227

BTW, nice find!

I'm seeing the FBI's heavy hand immersed in all sorts of various un-American efforts and so was hoping to develop a standalone compilation, but will certainly abide by the preferences of our esteemed global moderator....

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 12:44:14 PM »
An aside: while laid up with my various medical travails I spent a lot of time checking out the offerings of various streaming services, which quickly latched on to my shoot-‘em-up predilections and started suggesting various TV shows, many of which had the term “FBI” in the title or subtitle. Indeed, there were so many I started counting ‘em and think I found close to two dozen across various services

This stuff doesn’t happen by accident. Sure, there are plenty of shows that introduce the FBI in a less than flattering light, but they don’t tend to have the term “FBI” in the title. Those that do tend to cast a positive light on this org. Indeed, I came to conclude there has to be some sort of effort out there to present FBI case files and fictional treatments thereof in a positive light. I’m willing to bet, in short, that somewhere in the bowels of some FBI edifice are some Hollywood types devoted to assisting and promoting series that present the agency in a positive light.

So we have a federal agency that recent events cast as a keeper of the Deep State status quo, one that appears to relentlessly self-promote via all these gee-whiz TV shows, a set of circumstances that, if I’m guessing correctly, give me the creeps. What could possibly go wrong with an agency with snoop powers the KGB, Stasi and the like could only dream of, one that time and again has defaulted to behaviors that support political ends of the Progressive side of the Democratic Party, that then seeks to airbrush their tainted reputation—they’ve had a lot of huge gaffes over the years from tainted crime labs to tainted agents—via a relentless barrage of aggrandizing propaganda?

Bottom line I suspect there are dots to be connected here, hence this effort to aggregate accounts of FBI misbehavior. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 02:37:10 PM »
Well, my concern is that we already have quite the volume of threads of fairly substantial specificity-- which often traps me into playing thread nazi haha.

For what it sounds like what you want to accomplish, may I suggest that you cull through the various material of FBI malfeasance on that thread and file them for your personal use as you see fit?

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 03:02:36 PM »
Well, my concern is that we already have quite the volume of threads of fairly substantial specificity-- which often traps me into playing thread nazi haha.

For what it sounds like what you want to accomplish, may I suggest that you cull through the various material of FBI malfeasance on that thread and file them for your personal use as you see fit?

Well sure, assuming I can find them, which is why I was seeking a place to aggregate as, given the FBI’s role in the false Trump is a Russian stooge claims, FISA falsehoods and all the attendant constitutional questions arising there, various entrapment schemes (back in the day GM and I were at odds re several septuagenarians or something in Missouri or somewhere that got sucked into something similar I’ve since had trouble finding info regarding on the outcomes front), the FBI’s entanglements in the various impeachment boondoggles, this Michigan stuff, J6, et al there would seem to be a fair amount of material that’s out there, yet unassembled and hence not viewed in a manner where commonalities, patterns, players, etc. can be compared and commented on.

Then again a dime will get you a dollar if there ISN’T some federal stooge already tracking things here and noodling on some means to use it as a means of career advancement guised as legit law enforcement, applied in a one-sided manner albeit. Perhaps a thread thumbing its nose at the utter hypocrisy of it all might prove to be more than such a creature could bear….

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 03:19:35 PM »
Well, you seem to have a sense of mission here so go for it on the condition that you double post them on the War on the Rule of Law thread as well  :-)

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2024, 07:15:35 PM »
Well, you seem to have a sense of mission here so go for it on the condition that you double post them on the War on the Rule of Law thread as well  :-)

I certainly am annoyed that a putative premier law enforcement agency so often ends up with its tit in a wringer with few in the media connecting those dots. But yes, I’ll cross post.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Comer fundraiser email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2024, 12:51:38 PM »

Marc,

Just a year ago, it was unfathomable to me that I would be writing this email. It’s a bit long, but I would ask you to read it in its entirety. I spent a lot of time writing it and did my best to make every word count.

I write it with great sadness and astonishment, sadness for our country which I hold so dear, and astonishment at Joe Biden’s desecration of the Oath of Office he took with his hand on the Bible in front of the world.

It has come to light that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has had 40 informants inside the Biden family over the past 15 years.

For 15 years, Credible Informants have been providing criminal information against the Biden’s to FBI Field Offices across the country, and for 15 years, everytime the information has been brought to FBI HQ, the leadership of the FBI shuts it down.

But it’s not just the FBI, it’s the Department of Justice as well.

I just heard sworn witness testimony that the Biden Bribery allegations on the FD-1023 Form were CREDIBLE, and that he referred the criminal matters originating from it to three separate U.S. Attorney’s offices in Brooklyn, Manhattan and Delaware for further investigation.

Then, just like at the FBI, nothing happened.

As I’ve been saying since I started this investigation; the allegations about Joe Biden are being covered up… because they are TRUE!

While words don’t have any meaning to the Left, they still mean something to me and the law in this country.

CONSPIRACY NOUN

con·spir·a·cy

An agreement between two or more people to commit an illegal act, along with an intent to achieve the agreement's goal.

The media loves to talk about how Republicans believe in “conspiracy theories” like the Russian-Collusion Hoax, the origins of COVID, and the Steele-Dossier… but they sure have been silent about the conspiracy at the highest levels of government to cover up the expansive criminal operation being run by the Biden Crime Family.

DEFEND COMER
It’s because they are complicit in the cover-up. I’ve said it before, and it’s more true today than ever before; I am facing down and exposing the rotten corruption of the most powerful and unholy triumvirate in American history, the Biden Family, the Federal Bureaucracy, and the Corporate Media.

They are hellbent on stopping my investigation and they are throwing everything they have at me.

I’ll be honest, it is brutal… but I’m a country boy from West Kentucky who was taught to stand up for what’s right, and who certainly doesn’t back down from a fight.

DEFEND COMER
I’ve only been able to weather the attacks with the support of patriotic Americans across the country, and I’m once again asking for your help to defend my good name as I delve deeper into the belly of the corrupt beast that is ravaging our country: THE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY.

As Theodore Roosevelt said “Nothing worth having is easy” and having an honest government free of corruption is not just worth having, it’s the promise of America to all of her citizens.

If you’re with me, I’d be honored to have your support.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
second

Jack Smith is no straight shooter: It's no secret that Trump special prosecutor Jack Smith is a zealot. Indeed, as we noted earlier this week, he's both unscrupulous and unconstitutional. After all, it's not every lawyer who can boast that his legal tactics have been unanimously rebuked by the U.S. Supreme Court. More evidence of Smith's anti-Republican bias came to light this week when, as Fox News reports, we learned that one of his top prosecutors, Ray Hulser, "discouraged the FBI from pursuing an investigation into the Clinton Foundation in 2016 due to what he viewed as negligible evidence, despite multiple Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) related to hundreds of thousands of dollars in foreign transactions." According to the Durham report, three separate FBI field offices had opened investigations into the Clinton Foundation for possible criminal activity back in 2016, but, well, nothing to see here. Move along. And we trust this guy, Jack Smith, to give Donald Trump a fair shake?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
FBI and phones 2006
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2024, 10:56:15 AM »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: FBI and phones 2006
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2024, 03:21:01 PM »
second

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=1093.msg8479#msg8479

Thanks Marc.

At some point I will type in “FBI” as a search term here and see what all comes up, but with a semester about to start that’s not gonna happen anytime soon.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ From 2021
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 06:19:48 AM »
The FBI’s Other Secret Warrant Abuses
More evidence that the bureau abuses the FISA court process.

By
The Editorial Board
Oct. 5, 2021 6:53 pm ET

Congress has failed to reform federal surveillance laws, despite the FBI’s 2016 abuse of a secret court to spy on the Trump presidential campaign. The latest report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz on the FBI’s other surveillance abuses is more evidence of the need to overhaul the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

Mr. Horowitz’s 2019 report found the FBI had gulled the FISA court into letting it spy on former Trump aide Carter Page by presenting false information. The scandal inspired the Horowitz team to conduct a broader audit of FBI compliance, and the results are damning.

The FBI must abide by what are known as Woods Procedures that include a file supporting every factual assertion in a warrant application. As the IG notes, surveillance warrants are among the Justice Department’s “most intrusive investigative authorities” and must be “scrupulously accurate.”

The IG’s preliminary look last year into a sample of 29 wiretap applications said the FBI couldn’t locate Woods files for four applications, and the IG found errors in the remaining 25. As last week’s full report explains, the FBI and Justice have since acknowledged the 29 applications contained a total of 209 errors. These range from typographical (38) and date (42) errors, to unsupported facts (17), misidentified sources of information (15), and deviations from source documents (93).

The IG also found 209 examples in the 29 applications of the FBI failing to provide “adequate documentation to support factual assertions.” In all “there were over 400 instances of non-compliance with the Woods Procedures.”

Most alarming are the four errors that DOJ and the FBI admit were “material”—serious enough to have potentially changed the FISA court’s determination of “probable cause” to issue a warrant. The errors related to three applications in which the FBI omitted important or relevant information about targets, or provided outdated or unverified facts.

In response to the IG’s preliminary findings last year, the FBI reviewed more than 7,000 FISA applications from January 2015 to March 2020, and the IG reports that for 183 of them “the required Woods File was missing, destroyed, or incomplete.” This is supposed to be America’s premier law-enforcement body.

The IG criticizes an FBI culture that believes it is above the rules, and he devotes an entire section to spanking its leadership for its reaction to the 2020 preliminary findings. While FBI director Christopher Wray instituted some reforms, the agency minimized the findings with statements that “appeared to display a tolerance for error.”

No one has taken responsibility—including Mr. Wray, on whose watch many of these mistakes happened. He has proposed more reforms to the very (Woods) reforms instituted 20 years ago to improve FBI behavior. Sure.

Introducing the Constitution’s independent Article III judges into intelligence collection in the executive branch was always a mistake, as we wrote in the 1970s. The system dilutes accountability for wiretaps, letting the court and FBI blame each other for mistakes and political abuses like those in 2016.

Congress should abolish the FISA court and return authority to the law enforcement leaders making surveillance decisions. Then hold them accountable, including jail time for abuses.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Carr Runs Down FBI
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2024, 06:38:04 AM »
Howie Carr slaps around some federal bitches and incompetents:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2024/01/27/howie-carr-this-is-your-fbi-thanks-to-dei/

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Some Old Ones
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2024, 06:04:39 PM »
Marc suggested I use Qwant for a search engine. Plunked in “FBI entrapment cases) as I did before in DuckDuckGo, and got far more early returns, including this one:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/nov/16/fbi-entrapment-fake-terror-plots

ETA: a couple more:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/sep/22/fbi-whistleblower-counterterrorism-cases-against-a/

https://theintercept.com/2023/06/15/fbi-undercover-isis-teenager-terrorist/

I’m digging Qwant.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 06:14:31 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2024, 06:50:11 PM »
 8-) 8-) 8-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: Ninth Circuit spanks FBI
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2024, 03:18:16 AM »
A Spanking for the FBI
The Ninth Circuit rebukes the bureau for a lawless search and seizure.
By The Editorial Board
Feb. 7, 2024 6:36 pm ET

In 2021 the FBI raided a private safe-deposit company and seized more than $86 million in cash and valuables from people accused of no wrongdoing. At the time we called this a dangerous violation of their constitutional rights. It took three years, but a three-judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has agreed.

U.S. Private Vaults was a private business in Beverly Hills the government was investigating for money laundering and other things. The FBI had a warrant, but this didn’t authorize a search of individual safe deposit boxes. Agents were supposed to open the boxes only to identify owners and safeguard their property until it could be returned.

But the FBI overstepped, seizing the property of innocents along with criminals. As the Ninth Circuit noted, one of U.S. Private Vaults’s selling points was not asking customers too many questions—e.g., demanding a Social Security number—which made it attractive to drug dealers and other criminals. But that’s still no excuse for the FBI to overstep its authority and then invoke civil forfeiture to keep everything it found worth more than $5,000, all without charging anyone with a crime. A group of seven safe-deposit renters sued in what became a class action, represented by the Institute for Justice.

The district court found for the government, but the Ninth Circuit has now reversed. Judge Milan Smith Jr., said the government had opened the door to the “limitless searches of an individual’s personal belongings” that the British used in colonial America. This, the judge noted, “led to the adoption of the Fourth Amendment” and its protection against “unreasonable searches and seizures.”

If the FBI has evidence of something illegal, it can get a warrant. But the Ninth Circuit ruling is a welcome reminder that the government can’t go on a fishing expedition that snares the innocent with the guilty.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Feds bust Tennessee man
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2024, 04:52:18 AM »

Tennessee man who was working with militias planned to act as a sniper and attack Southern border, feds say
Paul Faye was arrested Monday after he allegedly sold an undercover agent working with the FBI an unregistered suppressor for an AK-47, according to federal court records.
Read in NBC News: https://apple.news/AM6mfhQMpTRGUhhPxOKZDhA

Jesse Waters ranted on this last night.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Feds bust Tennessee man
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2024, 07:10:20 AM »

Tennessee man who was working with militias planned to act as a sniper and attack Southern border, feds say
Paul Faye was arrested Monday after he allegedly sold an undercover agent working with the FBI an unregistered suppressor for an AK-47, according to federal court records.
Read in NBC News: https://apple.news/AM6mfhQMpTRGUhhPxOKZDhA

Jesse Waters ranted on this last night.
It'll be interesting to see what drips out here. I'd bet big money some sort of FBI informant was whispering in this guy's ear.

Again, be careful should someone start nudging you to commit, or talk about committing, a crime. It's clear to me the FBI is more about knocking down bowling pins they or people they work with have stood up at the end of the aisle. Don't be one of those pins.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2024, 02:25:33 PM »
Can someone here track down Jesse's segment last night on this?

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2024, 03:49:12 PM »
Can someone here track down Jesse's segment last night on this?
\

My info junkie failings will be revealed: who is Jesse?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2024, 05:52:53 PM »
Jesse Waters on FOX at 8 PM

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2024, 07:58:17 PM »
Jesse Waters on FOX at 8 PM
I was worried you were alluding to Ventura, in which case I was gonna suggest you take some of whatever hapless Joe is taking.

And hope it does a better job for you.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2024, 08:08:44 PM »
 :-D