Author Topic: Handreading Resource  (Read 22265 times)

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Handreading Resource
« on: February 02, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »
I know it has mentioned here, but I thought it was more like looking at a girl with certain anatomical features and saying, " I'll bet she's good at.....".

Little did I know there is some research going on.
http://www.handanalysis.net/publications/journal_handanalysis.htm

--Tom Furman

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »
Awesome find-- Top Dog is a master hand reader and will love this.

BTW he taught me enough for it to be an amazing way to pick up and flirt with girls -- back when I was a single man.  You hold their hand and talk about who they are-- what could be better?

peregrine

• Power User
    • View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:33:11 AM »
palmreading definately is great kino with a girl. most girls are susceptible to that mystic destiny stuff about love and link it to fairy tales. even if they aren't into the former, the novelty of it intrigues them. easy way to go from holding there hand, to at a later time something more intimate.

another thing is by linking what you see in them and to their palm to emotions and goals hits major psychological triggers, do so positively only.

anyone else on this board into this high performance stuff?

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
Handreading Resource
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 03:01:19 PM »
not into it per se, i've read a bit back in da day on the SS stuff

edit:  some of it worked, some of it didn't for me
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

peregrine

• Power User
    • View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »
lots of that SS stuff and a bunch of other stuff is surfacing up a lot on the web nowdays.

like anything it takes practice and some targets are easier than others. unless they got the B..ch shield up permannaetly.

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
Handreading Resource
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 04:34:19 PM »
Page down to Volume 2, Issue 1, and look at the authors. Is that who I think it is??

--Tom

peregrine

• Power User
    • View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 12:51:26 PM »
lol wow.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 04:27:11 PM »
Ah yes, the simian crease.  I remember I was dating a girl semi-seriously who was a simian crease.  Eric read her as having no heart line, whereas I read her as having the heart and head lines in the same place.  

I just cc'd him on this thread-- maybe he will come to play , , ,

TopDog

• View Profile
Hand Reading
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »
Marc picked up on hand reading very quickly.  At first I cringed when I saw how he was using it but then I reminded myself what HIS hand was like and thought "Ofcourse!"  When it came to stickfighting, I would try to read the hands of my next opponent to get a sense of his mind set, why he was there, what kind of fighter he was, how he probably trained, strengths, weaknesses etc.  That way I had a much better feel for what I was in for.  It sounds almost too subtle, even trivial, but if you know the above you spend little if any energy being surprised.

Regarding the Handreading Magazine, I wrote two or three articles for Richard Unger (editor).  As a curious sidebar, my development as a hand reader coincided with my development as a stickfighter.

If you are interested, I can recommend some very good books on the subject.

E

outcast

• View Profile
Awesome
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 08:18:36 AM »
Hey Top Dog.  You answered a question that I was wondering about, you used hand reading in your hand analysis.  Without giving away too much (if you want to keep that close to you), what kind of experiences did you have with it?  Did you find it effective or did it take time to implement?

TopDog

• View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 08:13:50 PM »
The experiences were all good.  Sometimes, though, you end up seeing more of a person's life than you really want to and for that reason I have to give it a rest from time to time.  While shooting "Real Contact" we did a few sessions of how to interpret the hand of your opponent but it ended up on the editor's floor.  Marc may still have it somewhere.  If you ever see it, I'm the tall guy with the Friar Tuck hairdo and no grey in the beard.

E

grizzly

• View Profile
Handreading Resource
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 08:21:43 PM »
Can you please recommend some good books, videos on the subject for a novice.

TopDog

• View Profile
Hand reading book
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »
Start with William Benham's "The Laws of Scientific Hand Analysis".  It has recently been published under a different title  "Palmistry".  Originally published in 1902 but it's a classic.

E