Author Topic: Anti-semitism & Jews  (Read 383690 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Jews and the holocaust
« Reply #850 on: February 05, 2022, 06:49:59 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/3-arrested-passerby-attacked-neo-022057418.html

I remember taking a class with a rabbi in West Palm Beach (just across the intercoastal from Mar A Lago).  in the mid 90's
who was explaining some Jews ID themselves through the Nazi genocide - "holocaust"

Somehow we only come up in the news when it is some sort or anti semitism topic.

I think we need to have a new PR agent - like Gilder who wrote a book about how remarkable the tiny country of Israel is for its contribution to tech science medicine etc

Not to forget the holocaust but to promote Jews as making huge contributions to religion,
science, medicine , law , philanthropy,  culture, entertainment (think Jackie Mason, Rodney Dangerfield)  etc

(leave out the communism shysterism and Rothschild stereotype (Soros)

While we are still victims and potential victims , we are more than this.
Just ruminating
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 06:53:52 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism & Jews
« Reply #851 on: February 05, 2022, 09:08:56 AM »
"I think we need to have a new PR agent - like Gilder who wrote a book about how remarkable the tiny country of Israel is for its contribution to tech science medicine etc"

YES.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
CAIR at it in Philly suburb
« Reply #852 on: March 22, 2022, 03:08:47 AM »
The Hate That CAIR Loves to Defend
by Steven Emerson
IPT News
March 21, 2022

https://www.investigativeproject.org/9154/the-hate-that-cair-loves-to-defend

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2022, 04:03:54 PM »
ok Logan
I looked it up
nothing found
of any link

so where is your source?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Lara Logan- anti-semite?
« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2022, 07:56:01 PM »
Fox Nation’s Lara Logan Suggests Theory of Evolution Is a Hoax Funded by Jews
Lara Logan’s latest anti-Semitic dog whistle is a claim that Charles Darwin only came up with the idea of evolution because Jews paid him to

By RYAN BORT

Lara Logan, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, speaks prior to presenting Father Patrick Desbois with the Lantos Human Rights Prize during a ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, on October 26, 2017, to honor his work and foundation, Yahad-In Unum, in researching and uncovering genocidal practices around the world. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)Lara Logan, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, speaks prior to presenting Father Patrick Desbois with the Lantos Human Rights Prize during a ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, on October 26, 2017, to honor his work and foundation, Yahad-In Unum, in researching and uncovering genocidal practices around the world. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)

It wasn’t long ago that Lara Logan was a correspondent for CBS News, which is a little hard to believe considering the types of conspiracy theories she’s been pushing since she left the network. The latest came during an appearance on the right-wing podcast “And We Know,” during which Logan suggested that the theory of evolution is the result of a wealthy Jewish family paying Charles Darwin to devise an explanation for what gave rise to humanity.

“Does anyone know who employed Darwin, where Darwinism comes from?” Logan, now with Fox News’ streaming service Fox Nation, asked. “Look it up: The Rothschilds. It goes back to 10 Downing Street. The same people who employed Darwin, and his theory of evolution and so on and so on. I’m not saying that none of that is true. I’m just saying Darwin was hired by someone to come up with a theory — based on evidence, OK, fine.”

Logan rambled for a bit longer, but her point was that evolution is a “chicken or the egg” debate and “you can’t answer it scientifically” and, while we’re here, Jews are trying to control the world with their money. Media Matters caught the claim on Monday:

The Rothschilds, who Logan says is responsible for the theory of evolution, are a Jewish family that often shows up in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) famously wrote on Facebook that the Rothschilds funded a space laser that started the California wildfires.

Logan and Greene share more in common than anti-Semitic comments. Both the Fox Nation host and the bigoted, virulent conspiracy theorist lawmaker have pushed Russian propaganda since Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine last month. Greene has blamed Ukraine for the invasion, while suggesting the nation’s military is rife with Nazis. Greene, however, at least made some sort of superficial effort to insist she’s not a Putin supporter. Logan made no such effort.

“Whether you like Putin or don’t like him, Putin is not willing to be a part of whatever global governing structure is coming our way,” Logan said last week on a right-wing podcast. “Vladimir Putin has been very calculating, he’s been very careful … he’s said for 15 years that he would not tolerate NATO expansion.”

“He’s the man standing between us and this New World Order,” she added after rambling about Ukrainian biolabs funded by Hunter Biden.

The idea of a “New World Order” constructed by Jews is a trope of anti-Semitic rhetoric. We’re starting to notice a pattern in Logan’s conspiracy theorizing.

In This Article: Anti-Semitism, Lara Logan, marjorie taylor greene
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:02:49 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2022, 10:10:21 PM »
Oh please.  :roll:

Lara Logan’s latest anti-Semitic dog whistle is a claim that Charles Darwin only came up with the idea of evolution because Jews paid him to

By RYAN BORT

Lara Logan, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, speaks prior to presenting Father Patrick Desbois with the Lantos Human Rights Prize during a ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, on October 26, 2017, to honor his work and foundation, Yahad-In Unum, in researching and uncovering genocidal practices around the world. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)Lara Logan, chief foreign affairs correspondent for CBS News, speaks prior to presenting Father Patrick Desbois with the Lantos Human Rights Prize during a ceremony on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, on October 26, 2017, to honor his work and foundation, Yahad-In Unum, in researching and uncovering genocidal practices around the world. (Photo by SAUL LOEB / AFP) (Photo by SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images)

It wasn’t long ago that Lara Logan was a correspondent for CBS News, which is a little hard to believe considering the types of conspiracy theories she’s been pushing since she left the network. The latest came during an appearance on the right-wing podcast “And We Know,” during which Logan suggested that the theory of evolution is the result of a wealthy Jewish family paying Charles Darwin to devise an explanation for what gave rise to humanity.

“Does anyone know who employed Darwin, where Darwinism comes from?” Logan, now with Fox News’ streaming service Fox Nation, asked. “Look it up: The Rothschilds. It goes back to 10 Downing Street. The same people who employed Darwin, and his theory of evolution and so on and so on. I’m not saying that none of that is true. I’m just saying Darwin was hired by someone to come up with a theory — based on evidence, OK, fine.”

Logan rambled for a bit longer, but her point was that evolution is a “chicken or the egg” debate and “you can’t answer it scientifically” and, while we’re here, Jews are trying to control the world with their money. Media Matters caught the claim on Monday:

The Rothschilds, who Logan says is responsible for the theory of evolution, are a Jewish family that often shows up in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) famously wrote on Facebook that the Rothschilds funded a space laser that started the California wildfires.

Logan and Greene share more in common than anti-Semitic comments. Both the Fox Nation host and the bigoted, virulent conspiracy theorist lawmaker have pushed Russian propaganda since Vladimir Putin invaded Ukraine last month. Greene has blamed Ukraine for the invasion, while suggesting the nation’s military is rife with Nazis. Greene, however, at least made some sort of superficial effort to insist she’s not a Putin supporter. Logan made no such effort.

“Whether you like Putin or don’t like him, Putin is not willing to be a part of whatever global governing structure is coming our way,” Logan said last week on a right-wing podcast. “Vladimir Putin has been very calculating, he’s been very careful … he’s said for 15 years that he would not tolerate NATO expansion.”

“He’s the man standing between us and this New World Order,” she added after rambling about Ukrainian biolabs funded by Hunter Biden.

The idea of a “New World Order” constructed by Jews is a trope of anti-Semitic rhetoric. We’re starting to notice a pattern in Logan’s conspiracy theorizing.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 28, 2022, 11:01:15 PM »
https://www.britannica.com/topic/Rothschild-family

We all know that bankers are wonderful people who never do anything wrong! Anyone who says otherwise is obviously a nazi, but the bad kind, not the good kind funded by Jewish Billionaires in the Ukraine.

Oh please.  :roll:

By RYAN BORT

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 29, 2022, 01:37:44 AM »
Your meaning is unclear  , , ,

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 29, 2022, 07:04:14 AM »
Your meaning is unclear  , , ,

1. It's the usual smear job from the left, lacking anything of merit.

2. If you can you can hear the dog whistle, you are the dog.

3. If you want to see valid examples of anti-semitism, I would refer you to many close associates of the sacred Obama, who somehow escape scrutiny for some reason.

4. Mentioning the Rothschilds isn't a crime, and the fact that so many seem so intent on making it into one suggests there is something about their history worth looking into.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 29, 2022, 07:35:13 AM »
"Mentioning the Rothschilds isn't a crime, and the fact that so many seem so intent on making it into one suggests there is something about their history worth looking into."

What does this have to do with Logan stating
Rothschilds funded Darwin to come up with the theory of evolution

nothing I found on internet about this.

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 29, 2022, 07:50:18 AM »
"Mentioning the Rothschilds isn't a crime, and the fact that so many seem so intent on making it into one suggests there is something about their history worth looking into."

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

I haven't found it either, but I did find that Darwin and Karl Marx were corresponding, which wasn't anything I had ever heard of before.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2708767

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 29, 2022, 08:02:13 AM »
https://www.britannica.com/biography/Charles-Darwin/Evolution-by-natural-selection-the-London-years-1836-42

"With his voyage over and with a £400 annual allowance from his father, Darwin now settled down among the urban gentry as a gentleman geologist. He befriended Lyell, and he discussed the rising Chilean coastline as a new fellow of the Geological Society in January 1837 (he was secretary of the society by 1838). Darwin became well known through his diary’s publication as Journal of Researches into the Geology and Natural History of the Various Countries Visited by H.M.S. Beagle (1839). With a £1,000 Treasury grant, obtained through the Cambridge network, he employed the best experts and published their descriptions of his specimens in his Zoology of the Voyage of H.M.S. Beagle (1838–43). Darwin’s star had risen, and he was now lionized in London."

Cambridge network?

No idea what that is.

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

I haven't found it either, but I did find that Darwin and Karl Marx were corresponding, which wasn't anything I had ever heard of before.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/2708767

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 29, 2022, 09:55:22 AM »
Mentioning the Rothchilds has a very high correlation with vicious anti-semitism.

Period.

BEGIN

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

END

Exactly so. 

Love Lara's work elsewhere, but this does not get a pass from me at all.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 29, 2022, 09:58:27 AM »
Mentioning the Rothchilds has a very high correlation with vicious anti-semitism.

Period.

BEGIN

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

END

Exactly so. 

Have we seen the actual transcript of what she said?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 29, 2022, 10:25:44 AM »

Period.

BEGIN

what is her source?
she says "go look it up"

so I did,

but nothing comes up

END

Exactly so. 

Have we seen the actual transcript of what she said?

Funny enough, I can't find anything critical of Al Sharpton in Rolling Stone, although he is quoted in many articles.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: March 29, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »
For me the relevant point here is that Lara Logan, someone whose reporting in other contexts we have taken to heart has dived into the muck here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Walter Russell Mead: A Century of US-Israel ties
« Reply #867 on: September 06, 2022, 03:25:28 AM »
A Century of U.S.-Israel Ties
Congress supported a Jewish state in 1922, and the conspiracy theories began.
Walter Russell Mead hedcutBy Walter Russell MeadFollow
Sept. 5, 2022 5:55 pm ET

One hundred years ago, Sen. Henry Cabot Lodge (R., Mass.) and Rep. Hamilton Fish (R., N.Y.) steered a joint resolution through Congress putting the U.S. on record in supporting a Jewish homeland in Palestine. The Senate vote was unanimous; the House whooped it through on a voice vote. In September 1922 President Warren G. Harding signed the resolution, launching a tradition of official American support for Zionist aspirations in Palestine that a long line of presidents from both parties have continued.

The Lodge-Fish Resolution unintentionally launched another tradition: belief among many Americans that American support for Zionism was the result of nefarious Jewish influence. Jewish wealth, the theory went, favored pro-Israel politicians while Jews supposedly imposed pro-Israel views on a press that they allegedly controlled. The two traditions coexist to this day. Support for Israel, while not unlimited or uncritical, dominates both parties in Congress, while controversies over the role of pro-Israel “Jewish money” in American elections continue to rage.

READ MORE GLOBAL VIEW
Campus Wokeness Harms America Around the WorldAugust 29, 2022
A Costly Passivity Toward ChinaAugust 8, 2022
From Global Pandemic to PandemoniumAugust 1, 2022
The Iran Nuclear Deal’s Convulsive DeathJuly 25, 2022
A Feckless American Foreign Policy’s LegacyJuly 18, 2022
See more...
But the past 100 years tell a different story. American Jews, contrary to legend, aren’t an irresistible political force. Two years after the Lodge-Fish resolution, Congress passed a system of immigration restriction that reduced Jewish immigration to the U.S. by about 90%. The American Jewish community was unable to block this legislation, just as it was unable to persuade Franklin D. Roosevelt’s administration to take strong action to protect Jews in Hitler’s Germany. In 1944, Jewish leaders begged the American government to bomb the rail lines leading to Auschwitz; those pleas were rejected.

Yet these years of Jewish powerlessness were peak years for anti-Semitic conspiracies. Henry Ford’s Dearborn Independent, a newspaper distributed nationally through the growing network of Ford auto dealers, was a platform for anti-Semitic propaganda. The so-called second Ku Klux Klan, a national revival of the Reconstruction-era organization originally formed to restore white supremacy in the South, was near the height of its influence as it campaigned against mass immigration of Catholics and Jews from Eastern and Southern Europe. Father Charles Coughlin’s infamous radio broadcasts emphasized the idea of a Jewish conspiracy even as discrimination against Jews at elite universities became deeply entrenched.

It wasn’t simply that American Jews were too weak to impose Zionism on the American political system. Most of them didn’t want to. Led by Henry Morgenthau, Woodrow Wilson’s ambassador to the Ottoman Empire and the most influential Jewish political leader of the era, most prominent American Jews opposed the British government’s Balfour Declaration and the Lodge-Fish Resolution that endorsed it. The New York Times had been a pro-Zionist newspaper under non-Jewish ownership. It became anti-Zionist after it was bought by a Jewish publisher in 1896. Not until the 1940s did the American Jewish establishment embrace the Zionist cause.

That Jewish support had little impact on American policy. During the 19 years between Israel’s 1948 declaration of independence and its overwhelming victory in the 1967 Six Day War, American Jews were united and enthusiastic in supporting Israel. Yet U.S.-Israel relations were at their frostiest in that era. Both Dwight D. Eisenhower and John F. Kennedy preferred a strong relationship with Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser to close relations with Israel. Under Eisenhower, the U.S. sided with Egypt against Israel during the 1956 Suez crisis, and Kennedy focused his diplomatic efforts on an attempt to derail Israel’s drive for nuclear weapons.

The modern era of a close U.S.-Israel alignment began only after Egyptian President Anwar Sadat made peace with Israel and rapprochement with the U.S. the key to his strategy. The relationship deepened after the shah of Iran fell in 1979, and again after the 9/11 attacks when Israeli intelligence significantly assisted American counterterror efforts around the world. The three presidents most associated with pro-Israel policies—Richard Nixon, George W. Bush and Donald Trump—were deeply unpopular with Jewish voters, and even unequivocally pro-Israel Republicans like Trump and Mitt Romney received less financial support from Jewish contributors than their Democratic opponents did.

It is the story of non-Jewish support for Israel that needs to be told. It is not only that American Christians going back to Boston Puritans like Increase Mather and colonial theologians like Jonathan Edwards believed that God would someday lead the Jews back to their biblical homeland. Politicians like John Adams and Theodore Roosevelt, and hardheaded businessmen like John D. Rockefeller and J.P. Morgan, supported Zionist aspirations as well.

One hundred years after the Lodge-Fish Resolution, Jewish and non-Jewish Americans alike continue to debate America’s relationship with the Zionist movement and the Jewish state. That is as it should be. Those who think that Jewish financial and media power are the forces that drive America’s Middle East policy continue to miss the point. Anti-Semitic myths about Jewish power can’t explain America’s past policy in the Middle East and provide no useful guidance for the future.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism, AP 1936, Arabs read Mein Kampf
« Reply #868 on: September 19, 2022, 12:58:45 AM »
https://newspaperarchive.com/nebraska-state-journal-nov-26-1936-p-2/

Arabs Read Hitler "My Struggle" Becomes Best Seller Among Anti-Semitics. BERLIN. November 26 (AP). -- Arabs, who join with Nazi Germany in antagonism to Jews, are reading Adolf Hitler's book "My Struggle." The Fuehrer's autobiography, with its anti-Semitic theroies, has been translated into Arabic and already is a best seller in Palestine, German newspapers say. The German edition once was barred in Palestine during the high point of Jewish immigration there, but Arabs who fought the Jewish influx, are reported much interested in the new translation.Nebraska State Journal Archives, Nov 26, 1936, p. 2 - NewspaperArchive
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 01:02:23 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
FDR and the Jews
« Reply #869 on: September 26, 2022, 06:57:33 AM »
https://jimleff.blogspot.com/2022/09/blacks-standing-up-for-jews.html?fbclid=IwAR2Evo8ncN4UP4CrcfOSTS28I6QcMokkoDJn4uiq44nMwUGN2gvkXJkNoiM

================

A poster on my FB page:

.There are new books coming out all the time talking about FDR and the Holocaust. It seems that documents are being found that shed light on his administration and his hatred of all things Jewish.

For fifty years FDR has been almost a G-d to most dems. It is understandable, after all he was the leader of the country when the war began, and he led it almost to the end. But on the issue of minorities, he falls short of G-dhood. He did next to nothing to stop the transportation of Jews to the death camps, and in America he rounded up Japanese Americans and put them in camps. Every year from 1933 to the end of the war the US had left over immigration visas that could have saved Jewish lives. Only after the war did the US suddenly grow a conscious and let in Jewish refugees.....

And what did US Jewry do to push for more immigrants? Well Rabbi Wise was the de facto head of US Jewry and he was told to not make waves. "Three days before Yom Kippur in 1943, more than four hundred Orthodox rabbis marched to the White House to plead with President Franklin D. Roosevelt to rescue European Jews from the Nazis. For a cause which on its merits would seem unobjectionable, the march encountered a surprising amount of opposition. The president refused the rabbis’ request to hand him a petition. FDR’s Jewish advisers denounced the protesters. A prominent Jewish member of Congress urged them to cancel the march. Some Jewish leaders publicly condemned them. Why did the march provoke such criticism? Why did the organizers insist on going ahead with it, nonetheless?

In a generation that has seen hundreds of thousands of American Jews protest in Washington for Soviet Jewry (1987) and Israel (2002), a march by hundreds of Orthodox rabbis may not seem impressive. But it was the only such protest in the nation’s capital during the Holocaust. The very fact that it was so unusual contributed to the wave of alarm that it triggered in official Washington.

President Roosevelt’s decision to snub the rabbis was based on cold political logic. Jewish leaders in congress put down the demonstration as a stunt. The era’s most prominent American Jewish leader, Rabbi Stephen Wise, criticized the march in somewhat similar terms. Wise, who headed the American Jewish Congress, the World Jewish Congress, and the American Zionist movement, wrote that “the orthodox rabbinical parade [ sic]” was a “painful and even lamentable exhibition.” He derided the organizers as “stuntists” and accused them of offending “the dignity of [the Jewish] people.”https://associationforjewishstudies.org/.../the-1943...

Wise was a staunch supporter of President Roosevelt and his administration and did his best to counter or suppress Jewish criticism of the president." Only after the war and the full truth of the destruction of European Jewry come out did Wise admit that he was wrong....

https://associationforjewishstudies.org/publications-research/ajs-perspectives/the-protest-issue/the-1943-jewish-march-on-washington-through-the-eyes-of-its-critics?fbclid=IwAR2FoaOCaDrgncRuiVIw5Fxm_Si4J9VzoHtHYROLYR8yfoSgWQTog6PzAyM

==========

Another poster adds:

The Jews Should Keep Quiet: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, and the Holocaust https://a.co/d/9ds1ERW
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 07:36:57 AM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: FDR and the Jews
« Reply #870 on: September 26, 2022, 07:43:46 AM »
So I went to the below link and saw this:

"I am not paranoid about this stuff. I normally go months without using the term "anti-Semite". It's not my normal shtick. But my spidy sense has been peaking geometrically (admittedly without any hard evidence), and at the exact same time I've noticed black writers and intellectuals suddenly appearing on TV to articulately and full-throatedly attack the anti-Semitism of Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano (who scares me a lot)."

WTF?

https://jimleff.blogspot.com/2022/09/blacks-standing-up-for-jews.html?fbclid=IwAR2Evo8ncN4UP4CrcfOSTS28I6QcMokkoDJn4uiq44nMwUGN2gvkXJkNoiM

================

A poster on my FB page:

.There are new books coming out all the time talking about FDR and the Holocaust. It seems that documents are being found that shed light on his administration and his hatred of all things Jewish.

For fifty years FDR has been almost a G-d to most dems. It is understandable, after all he was the leader of the country when the war began, and he led it almost to the end. But on the issue of minorities, he falls short of G-dhood. He did next to nothing to stop the transportation of Jews to the death camps, and in America he rounded up Japanese Americans and put them in camps. Every year from 1933 to the end of the war the US had left over immigration visas that could have saved Jewish lives. Only after the war did the US suddenly grow a conscious and let in Jewish refugees.....

And what did US Jewry do to push for more immigrants? Well Rabbi Wise was the de facto head of US Jewry and he was told to not make waves. "Three days before Yom Kippur in 1943, more than four hundred Orthodox rabbis marched to the White House to plead with President Franklin D. Roosevelt to rescue European Jews from the Nazis. For a cause which on its merits would seem unobjectionable, the march encountered a surprising amount of opposition. The president refused the rabbis’ request to hand him a petition. FDR’s Jewish advisers denounced the protesters. A prominent Jewish member of Congress urged them to cancel the march. Some Jewish leaders publicly condemned them. Why did the march provoke such criticism? Why did the organizers insist on going ahead with it, nonetheless?

In a generation that has seen hundreds of thousands of American Jews protest in Washington for Soviet Jewry (1987) and Israel (2002), a march by hundreds of Orthodox rabbis may not seem impressive. But it was the only such protest in the nation’s capital during the Holocaust. The very fact that it was so unusual contributed to the wave of alarm that it triggered in official Washington.

President Roosevelt’s decision to snub the rabbis was based on cold political logic. Jewish leaders in congress put down the demonstration as a stunt. The era’s most prominent American Jewish leader, Rabbi Stephen Wise, criticized the march in somewhat similar terms. Wise, who headed the American Jewish Congress, the World Jewish Congress, and the American Zionist movement, wrote that “the orthodox rabbinical parade [ sic]” was a “painful and even lamentable exhibition.” He derided the organizers as “stuntists” and accused them of offending “the dignity of [the Jewish] people.”https://associationforjewishstudies.org/.../the-1943...

Wise was a staunch supporter of President Roosevelt and his administration and did his best to counter or suppress Jewish criticism of the president." Only after the war and the full truth of the destruction of European Jewry come out did Wise admit that he was wrong....

https://associationforjewishstudies.org/publications-research/ajs-perspectives/the-protest-issue/the-1943-jewish-march-on-washington-through-the-eyes-of-its-critics?fbclid=IwAR2FoaOCaDrgncRuiVIw5Fxm_Si4J9VzoHtHYROLYR8yfoSgWQTog6PzAyM

==========

Another poster adds:

The Jews Should Keep Quiet: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Rabbi Stephen S. Wise, and the Holocaust https://a.co/d/9ds1ERW

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 26, 2022, 08:59:18 AM »
"at the exact same time I've noticed black writers and intellectuals suddenly appearing on TV to articulately and full-throatedly attack the anti-Semitism of Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano (who scares me a lot)."

as for the first part:

black intellectuals on TV recently standing up against anti semitism

I HAVE NOT WITNESSED THE SAME THING!

As for blacks standing up for a Democrat running for governor who happens to be Jewish
I would believe that some black "intellectuals" would come out on MSNBC and CNN and call his opponent an anti semite.

Jeff Leff , who claims to know personally Jews who marched with the blacks in the civil rights movement comes off to me as the stereotype person who claims to have black friends - self righteous , virtue signals

OTOH he is pointing out that Blacks have not reciprocated appreciation of Jews help in civil rights
 till now

[while conveniently doing so for a Democrat candidate - which strikes me as partisan not real
 recognition for Jews etc]

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 26, 2022, 11:56:27 AM »
On the reputation with me of the person who posted that article I posted it here-- perhaps I should have been more careful , , ,

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 13, 2022, 07:49:48 AM »
FWIW :

I've posted before how Jews do have a seemingly out of proportion power in the media
law, politics, entertainment, academia , finance, wall street

that is undeniable; it is obvious

it is not anti - semitic to point that out although anyone who does
gets doxxed immediately - 

we can think of dozens of Democrat Jews who are as ferocious partisans as anyone.

however that said, Kayne West was overboard
IMHO.

The Marlon Brando clip is interesting - i guess he only said hollywood is controlled by Jews
contrast that to Mel Gibson who cursed out jews

or the treatment of spike lee who said hollywood is controlled by jews

but that is not a hollow statement

look at all the big studios in early hollywood
they were all controlled by russian jewish immigrants...

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:53:29 AM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 13, 2022, 07:57:28 AM »
If I recall correctly, Jews are about 1% of the US population, meanwhile Asians are roughly 6% of the US population.

Where is all the Asian representation in American institutions?

FWIW :

I've posted before how Jews do have a seemingly out of proportion power in the media
law, politics, entertainment, academia , finance, wall street

that is undeniable; it is obvious

it is not anti - semitic to point that out although anyone that does
gets doxxed immediately - 

we can think of dozens of Democrat Jews who are as ferocious partisans as anyone.

however that said, Kayne West was overboard
IMHO.

The Marlon Brando clip is interesting - i guess he only said hollywood is controlled by Jews
contrast that to Mel Gibson who cursed out jews

or the treatment of spike lee who said hollywood is controlled by jews

but that is not a hollow statement

look at all the big studios in early hollywood
they were all controlled by russian jewish immigrants...

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
early movie moguls
« Reply #876 on: October 13, 2022, 11:00:00 AM »
source Wikidpeia

Early moguls
Name   Year of birth   Studio
Jack L. Warner   1892   Warner Brothers.            Jewish
Louis B. Mayer   1884   MGM.                             Jewish
Carl Laemmle   1867   Universal Pictures             Jewish
Samuel Goldwyn   1879   MGM.                          Jewish
Darryl F. Zanuck   1902   Twentieth Century Fox   Protestant
William Fox   1879   Fox Movie Corporation          Jewish

I don't think that pointing this out makes me a bigot .   :?

The Jewish ones all from Eastern Europe

I don't know about the big shots of Hollywood today though
but interesting to look it up when I get time
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 11:01:40 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 13, 2022, 11:54:06 AM »
Jewish/Prog power is quite strong in Hollywood.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Jews in Congress/Senate
« Reply #878 on: October 14, 2022, 06:39:53 AM »
nearly ALL are crats

I didn't know our friend Jason is Jewish (Chaffetz)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_members_of_the_United_States_Congress

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 14, 2022, 07:11:02 AM »
That Chaffetz was Jewish had not registered with me.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
higher percentage of Jews voted R
« Reply #881 on: November 11, 2022, 05:11:07 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Dave Chappelle
« Reply #882 on: November 13, 2022, 08:00:55 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 18, 2022, 07:25:30 AM »
‘Inconvenient Anti-Semites’ in New York’s War on Hate
Three blind spots render incoherent the promises of liberal politicians to protect Jews from attack.
By Elliot Kaufman
Dec. 16, 2022 11:31 am ET

After a long month of attacks on Jews in New York City, the big guns held a symposium at a Manhattan synagogue Monday. One by one, Mayor Eric Adams, Gov. Kathy Hochul, Sen. Chuck Schumer and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas pledged to fight anti-Semitism. After blaming Donald Trump, Ms. Hochul announced a new hate-prevention initiative and vowed, “When you attack one of us, anyone, that is picking a fight with 20 million other New Yorkers, starting with your governor.”

Liberals love to fight hate, but I’d rather they punish crime. Americans Against Antisemitism has studied 194 anti-Jewish assaults and 135 property incidents in New York City since 2018 but can identify only two offenders who have been sentenced to prison. Others receive probation or counseling or their charges aren’t followed up. “There are practically no serious consequences to be had,” the group concludes in a July report.

Examples abound: In May 2021, a Brooklyn man with an attempted-murder charge pending yelled “F—ing Jews! I’m going to f— you up” and punched a 67-year-old man in the head. He was arrested but hate-crime charges were dropped and he pleaded down to a misdemeanor.

The New York Police Department reported 45 hate crimes against Jews in November, more than double the monthly figure from a year ago. It records 278 such crimes this year, up 53%, and 100 arrests, up 61%. Why don’t prosecutions and prison sentences follow? “I’ve asked the question for years with the DAs of the world, with legislators,” Rabbi David Niederman, a top Satmar Hasidic leader in Brooklyn, says in an interview. He gets no answer.

This is the first blind spot in the war on hate. Determined to “end mass incarceration,” liberals have pulled back police, narrowed prosecutions, restricted cash bail, and gutted mandatory minimums. At the same time, liberals want to crack down on certain “bad” crimes, such as those motivated by hate. But the scholar James Q. Wilson showed long ago that criminals don’t really specialize. Just as substantial proportions of drug and property offenders go on to commit violent crimes, the majority of hate-crime offenders have prior, non-hate-related arrests.

Someone who punches a Jew on the street is also likely to punch and menace others, commit robberies and deface property. By fixating on special hate instead of shared criminality, liberals miss how bringing incarceration rates to multidecade lows has left on the streets antisocial criminals predisposed to attack Jews.

When they do attack, the system breaks down. Youths are unlikely to be prosecuted, so there’s little reason for police to book them. Harassment is barely worth a prosecutor’s time. An assault isn’t a hate crime unless the attacker states his motive—and even then, it’s burdensome to prove, so the hate-crime charge is often dropped and the attack treated as a regular assault. Then, many defendants plead down or have their charges dropped. “They get a slap on the wrist, at best,” Rabbi Niederman says. Since New York’s bail reform prohibits judges from considering the danger defendants pose to others, most criminals are released immediately. At last, when incarceration rates fall, activists call it justice.

The second blind spot is the victims. Israel Bitton, head of Americans Against Antisemitism, observes, “A lot of the secular Jews aren’t responding with the same alacrity they would if people started hitting heads of the United Jewish Appeal walking down Fifth Avenue.” Of the 194 anti-Jewish assaults his group has tracked, three-quarters were in four Brooklyn neighborhoods, and 184 of the victims were Orthodox Jews, identifiable by their dress. These are the Jews who can’t hide.

Less-religious Jews were stunned by Kanye West’s anti-Semitic ravings in a way that Orthodox Jews could never be. For many of the latter, Louis Farrakhan-inspired Hitler talk and conspiracies are humdrum, the stuff of street abuse. “This is an experience of anti-Semitism,” says Rabbi Motti Seligson of Chabad-Lubavitch, a Brooklyn-based Hasidic movement, “that the rest of the Jewish community not only doesn’t experience but is completely oblivious to.”

The third blind spot is the perpetrators. Bill de Blasio, New York’s mayor from 2014-21, was hardly unique in speaking of the threat to Jews only from white supremacists. Yet the majority of anti-Jewish hate crimes in New York are committed by other minorities—blacks especially, but also Hispanics and Muslims. “These are inconvenient anti-Semites,” Mr. Bitton says. Liberals would rather stick to their story: Minorities are always victims of racism, never racists themselves.

Meanwhile, surveys since the 1960s have shown that Jew-hatred in America is most prevalent among blacks. As traditional prejudices fused with radical separatist ideologies, anti-Semitism became part of the rhetoric of black politics and protest, the language not only of the street but of preachers and politicians, artists and intellectuals, imbuing criminal violence against Jews with spurious political significance.

When, after a tragic car accident, black rioters in Crown Heights beat up any Jew they could find for three straight nights in 1991, and the Rev. Al Sharpton denounced the victims as “diamond merchants” who reaped what they had sown, liberals looked the other way. Mayor David Dinkins feigned ignorance. The New York Times fudged the story. They couldn’t face up to black violence and Jew-hatred or the costs of hamstringing law enforcement.

Three decades later, the liberals who run New York are still looking away. That’s what makes them liberals.

Nothing did so much to improve black-Jewish relations in Brooklyn as the general reduction in crime since the 1990s. But as shootings in New York more than doubled between 2019 and 2021, alongside a deterioration in public order, attacks on Jews surged. Until there are consequences for criminals, including the Jew-haters among them, why should anyone expect the attacks to subside?

Mr. Kaufman is the Journal’s letters editor.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 20, 2022, 04:43:54 PM »
"Although the statement was circulated widely across the law school, only nine student groups joined, including Womxn of Color Collective, Queer Caucus, Women of Berkeley Law, Law Students of African Descent, as well as the school’s legal association for Muslim, Middle Eastern, and North African students."

gee this is a surprise

they do not sound like white supremacist - the biggest threat to Democracy and America

who could have guessed?

sounds like the reparations crowd .....

and the pedo crowd

and hate men crowd

and the hate Jew Muslim crowd

not proud boys who FBI told us in the biggest terrorist threat !

so where is the outrage from  raskin , schiff, tribe, weissman, zuckerberg, page, nadler, sussman, gensler, fink , blumenthal , schumer , katz and many many more academics

:wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 20, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
"ONLY nine groups , , ,"

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Whoopi Goldberg
« Reply #889 on: December 27, 2022, 08:44:48 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/27/exclusive-conservatives-build-governing-machine-ready-2025/

to me Whoopi is technically correct

it was white on white
race had nothing to do with it

it was religion

so what is the beef ?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 27, 2022, 08:52:33 AM »
If I am not mistaken, Nazis regarded Jews as distinct race.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 27, 2022, 07:34:52 PM »
yes. I remember that

the Aryan "race" was the most superior

or something like that

I guess race is used differently

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/race

in Forensics in the 1970s is plain and simple

Caucasoid
Negroid
Mongoloid

this seems to be the "definition" according to Goldberg .

I dunno
I don't think she should be doxxed
over a definition

I don't think she was excusing the murder of millions...

this gets as nuts as being doxxed because I called someone him when he wants to be called her...........

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 27, 2022, 09:18:42 PM »
"I remember that
the Aryan "race" was the most superior"
---------------------------------------------

Until Jesse Owens won the Olympics with Hitler watching:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Owens     :-D

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 10, 2023, 11:16:55 AM »
".Contrary to common perception, in NYC, the vast majority of
perpetrators of anti-Jewish hate crimes are members of other
minority groups, not white supremacists. "

ssssshhhh  :wink:

just ask "mr ebonics" on MSLSD
about this .......

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 15, 2023, 09:27:05 AM »
I thought Federal laws on hate crimes
could force further pursuance of justice

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Soros' tentacles
« Reply #899 on: January 24, 2023, 08:30:06 AM »
Like some Blacks play the racism card

Kapos Soros plays the "anti - semitism card"

and he has so many in the media on the payroll to be able to do this:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/23/how-george-soros-co-opts-the-media-and-keeps-criticism-down/

I had no idea how many media people are funded on the side by him.

PBS is just as Leftist DNC as is MSPCP

The only PBS show I can stand to watch is antique roadshow which I like.