Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans  (Read 97939 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans
« Reply #351 on: December 08, 2023, 06:27:17 AM »
Yup.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Rhona McDaniel
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2024, 06:44:34 AM »
yesterday I read she will resign after SC primary
today I read she will discuss doing this

which is it?

For God's sake can we please get clarity from our own party.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rhona McDaniel
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2024, 12:15:37 PM »
yesterday I read she will resign after SC primary
today I read she will discuss doing this

which is it?

For God's sake can we please get clarity from our own party.

I read a piece claiming she had resigned. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA, here's one: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/rnc-chief-of-staff-says-hes-stepping-down-after-trump-warns-changes-will-be-made
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 12:18:54 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Buck live on air interview for job with DNC/CNN Burnett
« Reply #355 on: February 14, 2024, 07:01:31 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/02/13/gop-rep-buck-terrible-impeachment-of-mayorkas-sets-terrible-precedent/

Myorkas lying to Congress and the American people is perfectly ok with Buck.
It is the R's who are the problem he suggests.

I dread having to see him on CNN ala McCabe, and along with this one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyssa_Farah_Griffin

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Karl Rove
« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2024, 05:48:34 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/karl-rove-issues-dire-warning-for-trump-as-gop-fractures-on-super-tuesday/ar-BB1joHgA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=2acf73e016614d01a8b65ae507f1ab2d&ei=25

I would really love to see Karl Rove go on Mark Levin for an interview and defend Rino'ism' against the reality of the modern Democrat party.

I agree with Rove that it is necessary to bring Rino's to our side in the Republican party (not the other way around) but how do we do that ?  Yes the DC ers and the rest of the Rinos who support immigration for example are selling us out to some extent but I am thinking it would still be better if they fall to our side.

Convincing them seems more likely to win them over then trashing them.
Though Trump does not seem capable of doing that.

Just ruminating.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 05:54:07 AM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2024, 06:30:53 AM »
Perhaps it would be helpful to think more in terms of the dynamics of Normalcy Bias and how to overcome it.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Karl Rove
« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2024, 08:33:09 AM »
"I agree with Rove that it is necessary to bring Rino's to our side in the Republican party (not the other way around) but how do we do that ?"

This is an age-old problem in the party.  The two wings have competed at every level since they called it the Rockefeller wing.  When the moderates won the endorsement, conservatives had nowhere else to turn.  When a conservative won, cf. Barry Goldwater, moderates abandoned and Democrats won, no matter how liberal.  So we had a Washington full of Leftists and RINOs who go along with it, some say uniparty. (Reagan united the party with a conservative message but he was the exception. He won 93 states but never won the House of Representatives.)

Checking usdebtclock.org this morning, we are still spending 40.4% more than we take in. 1.9 T deficit on 4.7T revenues. That's closer to criminal negligence than being a conservative or compromise position - even though 'Republicans' are winning half of all elections.

For another long term outcome example, a US dollar from the day the federal reserve was created has now lost 97% of it's value. https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/  The dollar being something we might have wanted to conserve this past century, we know conservatives had no power.

The Way Forward? Change minds.  How? I don't know.

I'm not exactly sure what Crafty means by the normalcy bias, but for example the budgets that led to the above have become the new normal.  But a prosperous society going broke intentionally is not normal.  It's insane.  People like Mitch McConnell get cast as an immovable, conservative curmudgeon in the 'mainstream', but in fact he was passing radical budgets like the above, barely complaining, afraid to disrupt the disastrous status quo.

So who do they put up to replace him?  More of the same.  God help us.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: March 06, 2024, 11:01:24 AM »
Thanks CD

I now recall this in medical thought classes
That we can and do have normalcy bias

make to many preconceived assumptions based on past and most likely scenarios rather then thinking outside the box and keeping ears and eyes open at all times for the unexpected.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Karl Rove
« Reply #361 on: March 06, 2024, 11:27:50 AM »

So who do they put up to replace him?  More of the same.  God help us.

Those of us that participate in street focussed martial arts with integrated weapons training from time to time discuss what to do during an entangled engagement when an opponent bites you? It certainly happens (LEOs are particularly aware of the possibility), is hard to train as few are willing to even lightly bite a training partner, yet there are anecdotes enough to suggest it's something one has to be ready to deal with.

There are various thoughts on the subject--people on the pointy end of the spear I've chatted with tell me thrusting a blade into an attacker's, generally a guard dog's--anus reliably inspires a pooch to release its grip. Where humans are concerned, thrusting the affected body part as deeply into the opponents mouth--you want a piece of me? Here you go, open wide--as possible makes the gag reflex kick in and gives the bitee a chance to escape.

Why am I rambling about this here? I've come to conclude we are entangled with so many nasty maws that the only thing that make sense is to push into them. "You all like insurrmountable debt? Fine by us; we want a border wall that works, a well supplied and trained military, an accountable election mechanism..." and every other pie in the sky tool or resource we can think of. "What's that you say, you want to create an unsustainable trans-gender benefit for those you can dupe into mutilating themselves to your political ends? Fine, we'll trade that for hot and cold running F-35s for every military unit that needs them, though we strongly believe our spending secures America's future while yours secures political points that serve few Americans while ensuring fiscal insolvancy looms."

"What's that you say, you want to fund grifters in the Ukraine so they can throw more of there population into a Russian buzzsaw as their territory and liklihood of a positive outcome continues to shrink? Fine, we demand full funding for our only reliable Mid-East allie, Israel. We think it's stupid to throw money at causes that do little to support American interests and critical that we fund those whose interests align with ours, particularly in this energy rich portion of the world, but you've created this stupid quid pro quo process, we think it will lead to a fiscal crisis sooner rather than later, but if you insist on it we will make sure our demands that serve American interests are part of the package and will make sure we let all Americans capable of critical thinking know how silly and ultimately self-destructive your program(s) is, but if this is the structure you insist on okay, we'll play."

At our current rate the crash is coming. As pulling away from it and allowing the lunatics run the asylum only brings us more of the same, it's time to get what we can when we can that serves post-crash America while loudly proclaiming at every turn what a bad idea the spending "Progressives" insist on in return for allowing programs that actually serve America and prepares it to survive the looming crash is. The best option? Hardly! But at this juncture with these lunatics at the wheel it's the only option there is.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Repubs refuse to repeal an 1864 law
« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2024, 07:10:30 AM »
https://dnyuz.com/2024/04/10/arizona-republicans-thwart-attempts-to-repeal-1864-abortion-ban/

and of course the LEFT has seized on this and rallying all their MSM outlets to headline this etc.

I will be pissed if we lose due to this!  :x

How politically stupid.