Author Topic: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc  (Read 255978 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Fauci friend of Wuhan
« Reply #901 on: January 25, 2021, 08:25:40 AM »
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01/25/steve-hilton-finds-stunning-covid-19-evidence-specific-activity-that-dr-fauci-funded-and-it-is-terrifying-1020943/

my first thought
this is the first time I see the US NIH funding research in foreign country

I didn't know we did that
unless funds go to American company that does trials overseas maybe

second thought
  this is just another reason officials would be anxious to cover up a Wuhan link

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: State Lessons in Vaccine Rollouts
« Reply #902 on: January 25, 2021, 12:15:47 PM »
State Lessons in Vaccine Rollouts
Federalism is again proving its value in getting shots in arms.
By The Editorial Board
Updated Jan. 24, 2021 8:06 pm

President Biden is vowing to meet a goal of 100 million Covid-19 vaccines in 100 days, and if anything that is too modest given the pace of production. One way to do better is to heed lessons in flexibility from the states with the most successful vaccine rollouts.

Some six weeks after the first shipments, the U.S. has administered some 53% of distributed vaccines. The gap continues to grow between states that are getting shots into arms, and those arguing over who gets what and when. North Dakota had administered some 84% of its supply as of Jan. 23, and West Virginia about 83%—far better than states like California (45%) or Alabama (47%). Federalism is showing what works—and what doesn’t.

The federal government’s main role is the production and distribution of vaccine doses, and the Biden Administration is fortunate to inherit Operation Warp Speed. Mr. Biden says he’ll trigger the Defense Production Act to expand vaccine production, albeit without details on how he’d build on the existing plan.

One step forward would be to approve the AstraZeneca vaccine on an emergency basis, as the U.K. did last month. It may not prove as effective as the mRNA shots from Pfizer and Moderna, but it would add to supply, is easier to transport, and would be a particularly good candidate for younger, healthy Americans.

The risk is that Team Biden tries to micromanage state administration of the vaccine, especially now that the media, Democrats and some public-health officials are blaming slow state rollouts on a “vacuum” of federal leadership. But vaccine administration was always intended to be state-led, and too many jurisdictions squandered the ample time they had for preparation.

This criticism is also wrong because the biggest state mistakes so far have been adhering too much to the federal government’s initial guidance to limit the first batches to health-care workers and long-term care residents, followed by front-line employees and those over age 75. States couldn’t find enough takers, and precious doses ended up in the trash.

The most successful state rollouts have departed from overly prescriptive federal rules. North Dakota stuck with the initial recommendations on health-care workers and nursing-care residents, but then threw open its program to anyone age 65 and up, as well as to adults with underlying health risks. South Dakota added law enforcement and corrections staff to its initial tiers, and then also moved quickly to inoculate 65-and-older adults and school workers. The states with the highest per capita vaccination rates are all rule-breakers—Alaska (12,885 per 100,000), West Virginia (11,321), and North Dakota (9,602) as of Jan. 23.

Top performers also thought creatively about how best to distribute and administer the vaccine, even if that meant departing from federal advice. North Dakota began planning its vaccine rollout last summer and chose to distribute vaccine supplies to health-care providers statewide—not only to hospitals or public-health systems.

West Virginia opted out of a federal program that puts CVS and Walgreens in charge of vaccinating most nursing homes, an initiative that is moving at a turtle’s pace. The state used a network of 250 local pharmacies—most of which had existing relationships with patients, which sped up scheduling and paperwork. It also enlisted its National Guard to lead on logistics, with the Guard delivering vaccines to the state’s long-term care facilities and hosting vaccination clinics that are now becoming common elsewhere.

The most successful states also rolled out technology to ease appointments, many with online dashboards to allow residents to fill out eligibility questionnaires and locate vaccine providers. Some states, like South Dakota, are using electronic medical records to figure out who qualifies for the vaccine.

These states have smaller populations. But they are also rural with more logistical challenges to get vaccines to less-populated towns. (Alaska used bush planes and snow machines.) Some denser states like Connecticut have also had strong rollouts, thanks to large clinics, planning and communication between state government and hospitals. The federal government’s Jan. 12 decision to follow states and throw open eligibility to anyone over 65 is an admission that the feds were wrong.

Mr. Biden is under pressure from the left to infuse the vaccine rollout with “equity” politics. As California (5,568 per 100,000) and New York (5,816 per 100,000) show, such bickering is a recipe for fewer vaccines and more deaths. States are proving again that they can show a better way than orders from Washington.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: Bird Flu, TB, AIDs, Superbugs, Ebola, etc
« Reply #903 on: January 25, 2021, 12:26:00 PM »
That Steve Hilton piece is terrifying in its implications!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Biden looked at the data
« Reply #904 on: January 25, 2021, 01:47:07 PM »
And had to up the date to Peter Ducey today to 1.5 million
when someone whispered in his hearing aid we are already at a mill per day and climbing daily

as the chart I posted last week shows.

slow Joe trying to keep mojo....   

like Clinton rapid response team
every day got to make announcement to quell the criticism
BS or not

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
NY under reporting
« Reply #905 on: January 28, 2021, 09:37:33 AM »
Or, indeed, are
NH or hospitals over reporting ?
the NH would rather under report
hospitals love to over report

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ny-nursing-home-virus-deaths-155409236.html

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Coronavirus Pandemic death rate in the under 40 range = 0.002%
« Reply #907 on: February 02, 2021, 07:11:28 PM »
Some local figures in this article:
Coronavirus Pandemic death rate in the under 40 range = 0.002%   *
Minnesotans under 40: 72 deaths out of 2,871,000 people
https://healthy-skeptic.com/2021/02/02/a-few-numbers-and-some-minnesota-nonsense/

*  These numbers are exaggerated, not all died of covid.  Real numbers are lower.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Wonder if he mentions China who prevented spread within China
« Reply #909 on: February 04, 2021, 10:56:29 AM »
while purposely letting it spread around the world:

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/government-coronavirus-social-murder/2021/02/04/id/1008591/

and comparing a small island country like Taiwan or N Zealand or the US
is not apples and apples

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Follow the Science?
« Reply #910 on: February 05, 2021, 11:59:29 AM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics coronavirus
« Reply #913 on: February 10, 2021, 11:09:13 AM »
US:  From their peaks about a month ago, cases are down 56%; positive percentage is down 51%; hospital census is down 35%; ICU census is down 28%; deaths are down 16%. Every region of the country is falling in every metric now, and sharply.

Alabama football victory celebration photo.  New cases numbers dropped in Alabama since then just like the US as a whole.  The virus spreads poorly outside.

Have we gone too far? Video from Canada.  Nice rant.
https://twitter.com/berniespofforth/status/1358683733822423046

https://mailchi.mp/a67f172f6ac1/unleash-prosperity-hotline-863938?e=17d44a0477

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
pandemic, coronavirus, anti-viral mask
« Reply #914 on: February 11, 2021, 06:56:37 AM »
Sharing here what I received yesterday from a friend, tech entrepreneur Phil Soran.
[https://mntech.org/phil-soran-to-receive-lifetime-achievement-award-at-2019-tekne-awards/]
I have ordered these masks.  Watch the news video linked.

We have been required to wear masks to resume sports and breathability is a big issue.  I see people pulling their mask down a little to breathe, defeating the purpose.  I've been wearing double mask for travel.  This mask should kill, not just filter the virus, and should work against other and future viruses and bacteria, not just the current coronavirus strain.  Assuming your mask works, do you want the coronavirus alive and trapped in it?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Anti Viral Masks

Attachments
Wed, Feb 10, 3:49 PM (16 hours ago)

A year ago, Jim Leslie (Flipgrid fame) and I got involved as board members and investors in a U of Minnesota spinout, Claros Technologies.    www.clarostechnologies.com

Claros is an advanced materials company that leverages its proprietary technologies to functionalize materials (gives them characteristics they don’t naturally possess).  It does this by growing nanoparticles permanently into the material.   Original applications were for challenges such as pollution cleanup and remediation (Mercury, PFAS, Phosphorus, etc.).  It also imbeds functionality in textiles for uses such as UV resistance and-anti odor among other characteristics.

With the onset of the pandemic, Claros focused on protecting people from the deadly virus. It applied for, and received, a grant from the CDC to develop its nanotechnology process to create anti-microbial masks that not only kill COVID-19 (and other viruses, bacteria) on contact, but to retain that functionality longer than the 5-10 washes typical of treated fabrics. Well, they did it!

The Claros Log3 mask is now complete and in the market.  The Log3 has been third-party tested and certified to kill (not just filter) over 99.9% of contacted viruses and bacteria, which means touching the mask doesn’t risk your or others’ health.  It also is dermatology/hypoallergenic approved. Claris offers several models, from activity masks that are easier to breathe through and wick moisture out faster than standard cloth masks, to versions that filter with the effectiveness of an surgical mask and then leverage its antiviral capabilities to kill the filtered virus.  All mask models are certified by independent labs to retain effectively all of their functionality up to 100 washes.   Pretty impressive.

Check out this piece that was aired on KSTP this past week:

https://kstp.com/coronavirus/this-is-a-game-changer-u-of-m-spinoff-company-launches-face-mask-it-says-can-kill-the-coronavirus-february-3-2021/6000735/

In full disclosure, I am in investor in Claros.  Mask sales are a small part of the company’s business plan, but a big part of the ethos of the company.  So, my goal with this note is not sales, but rather to inform you of a potentially more effective and healthy mask alternative.

Take a look at the Log3 site - www.log3mask.com  I encourage you to look at some of the technical certifications and reports on the technology.

If you like what you see - spread the word with family and friends - forward this note.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
more died in 3 weeks under Biden than ever
« Reply #915 on: February 11, 2021, 02:32:05 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/02/11/more-than-20000-in-u-s-died-from-coronavirus-in-bidens-third-week-in-office/

Not sure CNN ever mentions Joe's  name though

or his crack corona crushing team .

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
31 reasons not to get the vaccine
« Reply #917 on: February 13, 2021, 02:01:53 PM »
"It’s not a vaccine. A vaccine by definition provides immunity to a disease. This does not provide immunity to anything. In a best-case scenario, it merely reduces the chance of getting a severe case of a virus if one catches it. Hence, it is a medical treatment, not a vaccine. I do not want to take a medical treatment for an illness I do not have."

Wrong.

It most certainly is a vaccine .

It is not perfect or 100% effective but it most certainly does stimulate formation of antibodies
and for most some immunity agains the virus

flu shots are vaccines  and. so is this

as for many of the other reasons not to get
the author is welcome to decide not to get it
and sit home and take vitamins
if they choose

i have not gotten vaccine
I have been nursing broken foot for 3.5 months
so have not gotten around to it

as for unknown longer term risks - yes that is true - we don't know.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 31 reasons not to get the vaccine
« Reply #918 on: February 13, 2021, 07:11:05 PM »
I will wait until I know it's safe. Maybe 10 or 15 years...

"It’s not a vaccine. A vaccine by definition provides immunity to a disease. This does not provide immunity to anything. In a best-case scenario, it merely reduces the chance of getting a severe case of a virus if one catches it. Hence, it is a medical treatment, not a vaccine. I do not want to take a medical treatment for an illness I do not have."

Wrong.

It most certainly is a vaccine .

It is not perfect or 100% effective but it most certainly does stimulate formation of antibodies
and for most some immunity agains the virus

flu shots are vaccines  and. so is this

as for many of the other reasons not to get
the author is welcome to decide not to get it
and sit home and take vitamins
if they choose

i have not gotten vaccine
I have been nursing broken foot for 3.5 months
so have not gotten around to it

as for unknown longer term risks - yes that is true - we don't know.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Recommended by a doctor friend
« Reply #919 on: February 14, 2021, 07:51:10 PM »
https://www.pandemicletter.com/letters

I took a quick look at the first and last of the letters.  Seems promising.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Thoughts on this?
« Reply #921 on: February 15, 2021, 04:10:20 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: February 16, 2021, 08:33:12 AM »
Running it by a doctor friend.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: February 16, 2021, 08:40:54 AM »
He says it is deranged drivel.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Fauci the hack
« Reply #925 on: February 18, 2021, 02:25:11 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
masks to 2022
« Reply #928 on: February 21, 2021, 02:45:49 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/02/21/fauci-americans-may-need-to-wear-masks-into-2022/

finished second better book on 1918 flu

author has been on cable at times

in September of 1919 the flu seemed to simply vanish
but on closer later evaluation of the records

indicate it likely sputtered with smaller outbreaks in pockets till 1922

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Influenza

I am going to take an arm chair guess - I think corona will mostly disappear as suggested recently as posted here by summer

with maybe fewer outbreaks scattered about

it is just as likely to mutate back to milder forms

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Great timing!
« Reply #934 on: February 25, 2021, 02:13:39 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:56 AM »
I get the American Journal of Medicine

it is called the "green" journal because it has green on its cover

it is sent to me for free - not sure why - for many yrs

It is ok but not especially highly regarded

I don't remember the article you mention

Alpert is a cardiologist editor who always has a blurb in the beginning of the journal

we get patients calling and requesting meds for Corona infection

hydroxychloroquine  not much anymore but we did

had one patient recently insisting he get  ivermectin

colchicine is another drug that some claim has efficacy

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: WHO scraps plan for interim report
« Reply #937 on: March 04, 2021, 10:27:04 AM »
BEIJING—A World Health Organization team investigating the origins of Covid-19 is planning to scrap an interim report on its recent mission to China amid mounting tensions between Beijing and Washington over the investigation and an appeal from one international group of scientists for a new probe.

The group of two dozen scientists is calling in an open letter on Thursday for a new international inquiry. They say the WHO team that last month completed a mission to Wuhan—the Chinese city where the first known cases were found—had insufficient access to adequately investigate possible sources of the new coronavirus, including whether it slipped from a laboratory.

Their appeal comes as the U.S.—which recently reversed a decision to leave the WHO—lobbies for greater transparency in the investigation, saying it is waiting to scrutinize the report on the Wuhan mission, and urging China to release all relevant data, including on the first confirmed infections in December 2019, and potential earlier ones.

Beijing, meanwhile, is pressing for similar WHO-led missions to other countries, including the U.S., to investigate whether the virus could have originated outside China and spread to Wuhan via frozen food packaging.

(MARC:  Who could have seen that coming?!?)

WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Feb. 12 that the team would release an interim report briefly summarizing the Wuhan mission, possibly the following week, with a full report coming weeks later. But that summary report has yet to be published and the WHO team is now scrapping that plan, said Peter Ben Embarek, the food-safety scientist who led the team. The WHO team plans to publish a summary along with the full, final report, he said. That final report “will be published in coming weeks and will include key findings,” a WHO spokesman said.

“By definition a summary report does not have all the details,” said Dr. Ben Embarek. “So since there [is] so much interest in this report, a summary only would not satisfy the curiosity of the readers.”

Peter Ben Embarek, who led the WHO team, visited Wuhan’s Huanan food market on Jan. 31.
PHOTO: THOMAS PETER/REUTERS
The delay in publishing the findings and recommendations from the Wuhan mission, conducted jointly with Chinese scientists and officials who will have to approve any report, comes against a backdrop of continued political and scientific controversy surrounding the search for the origins of the pandemic.

China’s foreign ministry described the open letter as “old wine in new bottles” that assumed guilt and lacked scientific credibility, and said the Wuhan mission concluded that a laboratory origin was “extremely unlikely” and not worth further research. Neither the foreign ministry nor China’s national health commission responded to requests for comment on the Wuhan mission report.

READ THE OPEN LETTER
“Call for a Full and Unrestricted International Forensic Investigation into the Origins of COVID-19”

According to an advance copy of the open letter, the group of 26 scientists and other experts in areas including virology, zoology and microbiology said that it was “all but impossible” for the WHO team to conduct a full investigation, and that any report was likely to involve political compromises as it had to be approved by the Chinese side.

Related Video
Lab Theory ‘Extremely Unlikely’: What WHO Team Learned in Wuhan
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

UP NEXT

The World Health Organization’s mission to Wuhan said the coronavirus most likely spread naturally to humans through an animal. WSJ’s Jeremy Page reports on what scientists learned during their weekslong investigation. Photo: Thomas Peter/Reuters
A credible investigation required, among other things, confidential interviews and fuller access to hospital records of confirmed and potential Chinese coronavirus cases in late 2019, when the outbreak was first identified in Wuhan, said the letter signed by experts from France, the U.S., India, Australia and other countries.

Investigators should also be allowed to view records including maintenance, personnel, animal breeding and experiment logs from all laboratories working with coronaviruses, the letter said.

“We cannot afford an investigation into the origins of the pandemic that is anything less than absolutely thorough and credible,” the letter said. “Efforts to date do not constitute a thorough, credible, and transparent investigation.”

Guards stand in front of Wuhan’s Jinyintan Hospital during a visit by members of the WHO team on Jan. 30.
PHOTO: HECTOR RETAMAL/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
The appeal is unlikely to gain traction, as any future probes would require Beijing’s cooperation. Moreover, many leading infectious-disease experts are skeptical that a lab accident could plausibly explain the origins of the pandemic.

Still, it expresses what has become a more widely shared dissatisfaction, voiced by the U.S. and U.K. governments and many scientists world-wide, that China has provided too little information and data to the WHO to guide researchers trying to determine where the virus originated and how it jumped to humans.

“China has not been fully and effectively transparent either at the start of this crisis, when it mattered most, or even today as investigations are going forward trying to get to the bottom of what happened,” Secretary of State Antony Blinken said in an interview with PBS on Wednesday.

China has repeatedly said that it is cooperating fully with the WHO and denied assertions, including from Trump administration officials, that the virus might have come from a research facility in Wuhan, at least one of which specializes in bat coronaviruses.

During the mission last month, the WHO team said its members and their Chinese counterparts analyzed the leading hypotheses to determine where future research should focus. At the mission’s end, team leaders said they would urge studies of ways the virus could have spread from different small mammals, and wouldn’t recommend further research on a potential lab accident, a theory it deemed “extremely unlikely.”

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS
How do you think a proposed new inquiry into the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic should be structured and governed? Join the conversation below.

That conclusion was hailed by Beijing, as well as by scientists in various countries who argue that the virus spread naturally—most likely from bats, then possibly through another animal, to humans—and dismiss the laboratory hypothesis as a politically motivated smear.

Since returning from China, however, some of the WHO investigators have qualified their conclusions, saying they didn’t have the mandate, expertise or data for a full audit of any laboratory. The team also lacked important data on the first confirmed cases, or on patients hospitalized with similar symptoms beforehand.

A laboratory accident is “definitely not off the table,” Dr. Ben Embarek told a seminar last week. Dr. Tedros said in February after the team’s trip that “all hypotheses remain open and require further analysis.”

The signatories of the open letter are mostly members of a broader group, spearheaded by French scientists, who have been sharing research papers and other information on Covid-19 since around December. None are associated with the WHO investigation.

Signatories of the open letter are calling for a new probe after the WHO team’s mission, which included a visit to Hubei province’s center for disease control.
PHOTO: THOMAS PETER/REUTERS
Among the signatories are Etienne Decroly and Bruno Canard, molecular virologists at AFMB Lab, which belongs to Aix-Marseille University and the French National Centre for Scientific Research, France’s state research agency.

Dr. Decroly said he became involved after concluding that on the basis of available data, it was impossible to determine whether SARS-CoV-2 “is the result of a zoonosis from a wild viral strain or an accidental escape of experimental strains.”

The letter was co-organized by Gilles Demaneuf, a French data scientist based in New Zealand, and Jamie Metzl, a U.S.-based senior fellow for the Atlantic Council and adviser to the WHO on human genome editing.

Prominent critics of the laboratory hypothesis have in recent weeks published new research on bat coronaviruses found in Southeast Asia and Japan that they say shows that SARS-CoV-2 most likely evolved naturally to infect humans.

Investigating the Origin of Covid-19
MARCH 6, 2020
How It All Started: China’s Early Coronavirus Missteps
MAY 12, 2020
On the Ground in Wuhan, Signs of China Stalling Probe of Coronavirus Origins
FEB. 10, 2021
Possible Early Covid-19 Cases in China Emerge During WHO Mission
FEB. 12, 2021
China Refuses to Give WHO Raw Data on Early Covid-19 Cases
FEB. 18, 2021
In Hunt for Covid-19 Origin, WHO Team Focuses on Two Animal Types in China
FEB. 19, 2021
Covid-19 Was Spreading in China Before First Confirmed Cases, Fresh Evidence Suggests
FEB. 26, 2021
Patient Zero Points to Second Wuhan Market
MARCH 1, 2021
Covid-19 Virus Studies Yield New Clues on Pandemic’s Origin
Robert Garry, a virologist at the Tulane University School of Medicine who was involved in that research, said he and other colleagues had initially considered the possibility of a leak or accident from a laboratory, but ultimately deemed it “nearly impossible.”

The Biden administration hasn’t publicly repeated its predecessor’s specific assertions regarding Wuhan laboratories.

Signatories of the open letter say they don’t back any one hypothesis but think it is premature to exclude the possibility of a leak or accident at or connected with a research facility such as the Wuhan Institute of Virology, or WIV, which runs high-security laboratories and has conducted extensive research on bat coronaviruses.

WIV scientists deny the virus came from there, saying they neither stored nor worked on SARS-CoV-2 before the pandemic and none of their staff tested positive for the virus.

Signatories said investigators should look at several possible scenarios, including whether a laboratory employee became infected with a naturally evolving virus while sampling bats in the wild, during transport of infected animals, or during disposal of lab waste.

They also said investigators should probe whether SARS-CoV-2 could have stemmed from “gain-of-function” experiments, in which viruses found in the wild are genetically manipulated to see if they can become more infectious or deadly to humans.

MORE ON THE PANDEMIC

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 07, 2021, 11:46:16 AM »
I did some pharmaceutical studies back in very early 90s

we used to have to report adverse events or deaths
and had to report if we thought adverse was maybe or not due to drug
or more likely coincidental

the above stats make no clarification of that

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Epidemics: Death from vaccines
« Reply #941 on: March 07, 2021, 12:19:20 PM »
I did some pharmaceutical studies back in very early 90s

we used to have to report adverse events or deaths
and had to report if we thought adverse was maybe or not due to drug
or more likely coincidental

the above stats make no clarification of that

No attempt to get at truth. 

Post hoc ergo propter hoc (Latin: 'after this, therefore because of this')

Untimely thinking:  George Floyd was a Covid death according CDC and MN Dept of Health.  He had covid and then he died in a short time.  We'll see what the jury says.

The vaccine might be nasty to put in your system.  That needs to be compared with putting real covid in your system.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
epidemics pandemics wikipedia
« Reply #943 on: March 10, 2021, 07:49:35 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_epidemics

covid 19 moving up

but of course who knows how many died in the past epi/pandemics

estimates are widely all over the place

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Gottlieb seems to side with Rand Paul over Fauci
« Reply #945 on: March 20, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/scott-gottlieb-thinks-heated-exchange-200048880.html

Rand Paul is exactly right about the original covid=19 and Fauci doesn't seem to dispute that.

Fauci is saying, look at these new variants, not protected by the vaccine.

That does sound like reason not to take the vaccine.  The vaccine doesn't cover you for the biggest threats coming and you still have to wear a mask.

I wonder, are these new variants going global on at least the same pace and scale as covid-19?

Are we going to stop everything (again) and basically have martial law every time there is a new virus in the world?

If this virus is a product of germ warfare - and even if it wasn't - doesn't our over-reaction to each outbreak encourage that.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 21, 2021, 08:52:16 AM »
Proof of concept-- yes.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 21, 2021, 04:35:02 PM »
Proof of concept-- yes.

China has only enjoyed gains from this, no penalties of consequence, so we can reasonably expect...

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 25, 2021, 02:54:50 PM »
maybe I will get call back

worked at newark the last outbreak