Author Topic: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans  (Read 97089 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans
« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2017, 01:00:54 PM »
Doug
all good questions about the WSJ and about immigration splitting Republicans.

"Why are they using  a failed measure of the left, jobless rate 4.2%, when 100 million adults don't work?  "

This is a perfect example of why I don't bother with the WSJ anymore.  They don't care about average Americans .  They only care about Wall Street.  True to their name.
They sound like the globalists and the Facebook and Google CEOs who are looking out for the business interests.   
------------------------------------------------------
But I don't understand what you mean here:

"And why is the Trump side opposed to bring the best and the brightest in, especially when they hold the screening controls?"

Are you saying Trump is restricting the best and brightest?  I don't see that. Look at our academic institutions.  They are *loaded* with foreign born.   And now the children of foreign born.

Did you see the Asian American lawsuit against Harvard?  They are claiming they are being discriminated against because they are Asian .  If true half the staff of Harvard should be Chinese.    So Trump may not be the ones restricting them. 

What great scientist can you name that has not been able to work in the US?   

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2017, 01:16:01 PM »
Actually my wife has known more than a few Chinese students who got their undergrad/post grad degrees (STEM) here and wanted to stay, but left when their student visa expired and couldn't get work/resident visas.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 11, 2017, 02:07:01 PM »
"Actually my wife has known more than a few Chinese students who got their undergrad/post grad degrees (STEM) here and wanted to stay, but left when their student visa expired and couldn't get work/resident visas."

Interesting. 

Should they all be allowed to stay?  i am NOt making a statement or taking a position one way or the other just posing the question.

If someone comes here to get a undergrad degree should they then be allowed to stay with path to citizenship automatically?

Or a graduate degree?

Thus graduating  to a US college would in effect also be getting green card etc.

:|

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22:15 PM »
"Actually my wife has known more than a few Chinese students who got their undergrad/post grad degrees (STEM) here and wanted to stay, but left when their student visa expired and couldn't get work/resident visas."

Interesting. 

Should they all be allowed to stay?  i am NOt making a statement or taking a position one way or the other just posing the question.

If someone comes here to get a undergrad degree should they then be allowed to stay with path to citizenship automatically?

Or a graduate degree?

Thus graduating  to a US college would in effect also be getting green card etc.

:|

Automatic? No. But, when it comes to immigrants, who do you want coming here? People who will actually contribute or masses who often are illiterate in their native languages?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 11, 2017, 02:57:12 PM »
"Automatic? No. But, when it comes to immigrants, who do you want coming here? People who will actually contribute or masses who often are illiterate in their native languages?"

Well I don't know what the proportions are now or exactly who is staying and who is not.

Either way I want them to be  legal and we need 'some' limits for all of them.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
The Four
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2017, 06:01:42 AM »
ROGER L. SIMON
Four GOP Senators Standing in the Way of Progress
 BY ROGER L SIMON OCTOBER 16, 2017 CHAT 57 COMMENTS

While the media fixates on the circus surrounding Mitch McConnell v. Steve Bannon with Donald Trump as ringmaster and the Democrats in the role of the increasingly disloyal -- now Harvey-besmirched -- opposition, the real story involves none of these people directly.

Four Republican senators hold and have held our country in their hands for most of this year by themselves. They obstruct progress by wielding far too much power than their positions and number merit.

They are Susan Collins of Maine, Lisa Murkowski of Alaska,  Rand Paul of Kentucky, and John McCain of Arizona.

These four prevented healthcare reform and they now stand in the way of tax reform.

Of them, only Paul has something of an excuse.  A libertarian, his positions at least make sense ideologically.  The other three act out of a kind of morally narcissistic pique, an almost pathological need to be at the center of every controversial issue, to make the world hang on their decisions and then sigh in disappointment as they ultimately vote "nyet."  (Or, in the case of Democrats, applaud them as great  "patriots" above party politics.)

In McCain's case, this narcissistic craving for attention is exacerbated by a heavy dollop of Trump hatred.  John can't stand Donald and is unlikely to support any legislation that would bring credit to the president, regardless of its value.  McCain undoubtedly considers this a justifiable response to Trump's besmirching of the Arizonan's war hero reputation early in the campaign, but the job of a senator is to serve the people of his state (and the country) and not his own necessity for vengeance.

The conventional explanation for the four senators' resistance -- considerably more effective, so far, than the more trumpeted "Resistance" of the left -- is that they are representing the needs of their states.  That might have had some minute superficial truth, temporary as it was, in the realm of healthcare, but regarding tax reform it is complete nonsense.

The most important reform, one that affects all fifty states,  is lowering the corporate tax rate from the absurd 35%, which puts our companies at such a disadvantage and incentivizes them to leave billions in foreign accounts, to something close to 20%.  Even lower would be great.  (By comparison, the corporate rate of our leading economic competitor, China, is 25%, with certain privileged businesses -- aka "qualified enterprises"-- reduced to 15%. Ireland is at 12.5% and possibly dropping to 8%.)

A Congress that was even remotely doing its job would have changed ours years ago. But it doesn't seem to be able to act even on something this obvious.  People like the above mentioned four are at the root of this stasis, putting their own parochial interests over those of the American people.

When Steve Bannon speaks of "primarying" politicians like this, he isn't really being a bully or an extremist, as the media likes to paint him.  He is actually making quite a bit of sense.  Trump appears to know this and, from the look on his face at Monday's joint press conference, McConnell does too.

Whether Mitch himself is to blame for the legislative failures of the last eight or so months or whether Collins, Murkowski, Paul and McCain are just too intransigent is difficult to say.  As Trump made clear Monday, we shall soon find out.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
john boner again
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
More from the loser.  The fact that he is gloriously quoted by  *Salon* alone speaks volumes about  what a fool he is:

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/30/john-boehner-blames-sean-hannity-rush-limbaugh-for-gop-going-off-the-rails/

looking out for Americans first is no longer "conservative" - it is "populism" according to the swamp monsters.

Got to play by *their* rules not by those who elect you or you are a 'destroyer'.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: john boner again
« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2017, 09:06:46 AM »
It's not surprising that he has has a bone to pick.  I don't know why it has to be so painful to switch leaders.  We don't have to hate Boehner or McConnell in order to think someone else could lead us better now under new circumstances.  Same for the dinosaurs in Dem leadership.  They all think it is an appointment for life.  Like a Packer quarterback, it's a job you get and keep while you are performing and winning, until you can't win or take a big hit and can't get back up.  Then the game goes on with a new quarterback.

There are business books about building organizations that live and prosper past the original thinkers who built them.  Republicans and Trumpists could all learn something.
https://www.amazon.com/Built-Last-Successful-Visionary-Essentials/dp/0060516402
It is a rare case when the founder or visionary of successful company dies or retires and the organization continues to achieve greatness.  The R party should be advancing principles, not people.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Get rid of McYertle!
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2017, 11:13:53 AM »
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/372491.php

November 13, 2017
Mitch McConnell is an Asshole.
Witness a spiteful asshole being a spiteful asshole.

I am just stunned at the turn of events in this country.

Not that our "betters" are idiots and completely focused on their own neo-aristocratic position in society.

No, my astonishment is just how the Establishment right, ostensibly in power, has joined the bile-spitting left in hurling their masks of respectability and fealty to the principles of their constituents into the gutters with abandon.

Here we now live under the most precarious of times, where sitting Senators of the President's own party plot not only for the removal of the President, but also the spiteful removal of candidate in another state who have been convicted of nothing, and who will never be convicted of the 38 year old he-said/she-said charges that just happened to float up from the sewer-mouth that is the MSM at the most damaging point in an election.

Dear RNC:

You want my money? Promise me you will support insurgent campaigns against sitting dinosaurs like McConnell.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Jonah Goldberg still in denial
« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2017, 08:27:05 AM »
au contraire Jonah :

Trump got the establishment to get this done when they otherwise would not have.

He deserves most of the credit.  Sure not in the details but in the fact the "establishment" you so promote would never have done anything.  Where would be be if Jeb was there?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/454942/donald-trump-policy-victories-republicans-who-deserves-credit

Or any of the others who ran for th Repub ticket - except maybe Ted Cruz

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Rubio said what? !
« Reply #210 on: March 29, 2018, 08:56:21 AM »
As well as Trump , most likely by way of his annoying daughter ( who he apparently has sexual feelings for ):

George Will is totally right here :

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/will032918.php3

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
how can repubs have any chance when we see
« Reply #211 on: April 12, 2018, 08:38:37 AM »
articles like this? 

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senator-vote-gop-tax-plan-may-be-one-the-worst-votes-ive-made

Corker sounds like a Democrat here - lowering taxes raises the deficit and no mention about spending .

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: how can repubs have any chance when we see, Corker
« Reply #212 on: April 12, 2018, 11:42:16 AM »
articles like this? 

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senator-vote-gop-tax-plan-may-be-one-the-worst-votes-ive-made
Corker sounds like a Democrat here - lowering taxes raises the deficit and no mention about spending .

Best word in there, 'retiring' Tennessee Republican. 

Those of us frustrated with what isn't happening or getting reformed in Washington must keep in mind that when you subtract McCain and Collins and Corker and Flake and Murkowski and also Rand Paul on certain issues, the 51 seat majority looks a little shaky.  Elections have consequences and we still haven't won enough of them.  As Chuck Schumer put it, we are getting more done in the minority than we did in the majority.  But add the spineless R's to the Dems and he does have the majoirty.  Also, 51 votes is an advantage, not control of the Senate which requires 60, and these mentioned above don't count.

All of that said, the reporting here on the Rachel Maddow show isn't very good.

Actual quote: “If it ends up costing what has been laid out here, it could well be one of the worst votes I’ve made,”

Sloppy messaging, he should be careful what he says. That is an IF statement with a false premise.  It didn't "end up costing" what staticists are alleging.  Why answer a false premise question; it's already been proven wrong.  Reforming a horribly uncompetitive tax system is not the cause of our deficit and debt; spending is.

The growth rate just got projected up by more than the 0.8% required to prove the math and science deniers wrong.

What is the other idea?  Tax us into oblivion and balance the budget without private sector economic growth or spending cuts.   Ummm, we tried that and added over $8 Trillion to the debt in 8 years.

Our debt is caused by spending.  I was going to take a shot at Corker over entitlement reform but it turns out he took a couple of tries at it.  So I will ask him to reflect on his own leadership and messaging success.  We need entitlement reform, he pushed for it and we didn't get it done.  Meanwhile, what spending and overblown government programs did he vote for over his tenure?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:52 PM »
We are at the point where many Republicans aren't even interested in pretending to represent their voters.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
George Will: Vote against Republicans to stop Trump, save the republic.

Good grief.  Is he senile or did I miss the part where he gave his reasons?

Columns like this tell more about the writer than it does about Trump.  Perhaps he should read our Trump accomplishments thread.  Or just come out as a Democrat. 

Whatever one thinks of Trump, who else would have achieved more?  Not Marco Rubio, not Ted Cruz, not Jeb or Kasich or whoever George Will would have supported.  Who did George Will Support?  If he is above being for someone, why isn't he above being against someone? 

The thinking in this not-thoughtful column is, anyone, anything would be better than Trump.  Why?  How?  Really?  Was Obama better than Trump?  Is Schumer, Pelosi better than Trump?  Is a nuclear North Korea better than Trump?  Are high taxes better than Trump?  Want to get re-regulated again?  Want to be ruled forever by Leftist courts?  I don't.

I've often said of George Will,  brilliant - when he agrees with me.  )  Not so much the rest of the time.  Not much sign of brilliance from WIll in the age of Trump.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2018, 03:38:48 PM »
agree about G Will

very smart but very pompous too.

not sure how open minded he is.

Even his friend Krauthammer who sadly died before his time seemed to back away from badgering Trump.

Some Republicans can just accept Trump for whatever reasons.

I had a laugh at Glen Beck who went from Right to Left because his company is going down the sewer and now I just read he is wearing Trump hats again to stop the bee line to bankruptcy
I simply never liked Beck even when he used to make some good points he came across as a goof ball to me.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
what choice do we have?
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2018, 05:53:00 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
There may be hell to pay if they don't confirm him tomorrow.

If they don't vote for him then turn out may suffer in November.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Legacy of the Rinos
« Reply #218 on: October 04, 2018, 03:53:05 PM »
Thanks to Rinos including the Bushes this is what the rest of the country will look like in 15 yrs :

https://www.breitbart.com/california/2018/10/04/poll-republicans-in-trouble-in-several-u-s-house-districts-in-california/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 07:50:24 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Murkowski better shape up
« Reply #219 on: October 05, 2018, 04:42:05 PM »
or she should be done in the Republican Party;  go the way of Flake......

sadly we are stuck with her for another 4 yrs

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/complacent-conservatives-should-learn-the-murkowski-lesson/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Either one is a Republican or not
« Reply #220 on: December 20, 2018, 05:59:41 AM »
"   "I hear every day from people who have been Republicans for their lives, lifelong, and they just said, 'I can't do this anymore. This is not what I stand for,' and that's how I felt," Sykes said. "I'm better served to focus on my job than trying to defend the Republican Party."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-more-moderate-kansas-gop-legislators-defect-democrats-222200853.html

So let me get this right -  They don't stnd with Trump .  So now they stand with Democrats?

THAT makes NO sense. 

I guess they don't care as this country descends into a ONE - party country .

Sounds like the give a shit only about themselves to me. 
Nicole Wallace types who are raking it in by being anti Trump.  She was obviously never a real Repub or conservative to begin with.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Jonah Goldberg
« Reply #221 on: January 11, 2019, 05:58:05 AM »
I am not sure about Mike Lee . 
Jonah maybe right or wrong on this  and nothing wrong with calling out Republicans but the thing that irks me about Jonah is that is almost all he doses.
The enemy is the Left .  If he would at least spend some time admonishing them like he does with Trump etc
it would be FAR
MORE HELPFUL:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/steve-king-bigotry-antithesis-of-american-ideals/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Jonah Goldberg
« Reply #222 on: January 11, 2019, 08:52:41 AM »
I am not sure about Mike Lee . 
Jonah maybe right or wrong on this  and nothing wrong with calling out Republicans but the thing that irks me about Jonah is that is almost all he doses.
The enemy is the Left .  If he would at least spend some time admonishing them like he does with Trump etc
it would be FAR
MORE HELPFUL:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/steve-king-bigotry-antithesis-of-american-ideals/

Mike Lee, I think you mean Rep Steve King.
-------

“I reject white nationalism. I reject white supremacy. It's not part of any of my ideology. I reject anyone who carries that ideology,” the Iowa Republican told NBC News in his Capitol Hill office.  King said that he was really talking about “the continuation of applying labels onto people as freely as they are.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/under-fire-rep-steve-king-goes-defense-i-reject-white-n957366

Taking him at his word, he was arguing back against the use of those labels.  All republicans seem to be called racist, Bush and Romney for certain before Trump.  All Republican policies get labeled racist that have nothing to do with race.  The wall is called racist, immoral, an "attack on brown people", etc.

Hopefully we can all separate clumsy speech from hate speech.  Some gaffes are career ending.  We'll see on this one, but he has a fairly long career and is pretty well known in 39 Iowa counties.

People should not be under attack or take public insult for being white, male, old or any combination of those.  Or for being Christian.  If you can't wear a 'straight power' shirt to school then there is something wrong with doing same with gay power.  Why are we forming exclusively black groups while we try to open up all formerly exclusively white groups?  Why can commentators say we need someone female or black or young but cannot say the reverse?  Why can't they all get back to content of character, positions on issues, ability to do the job?  Our side isn't who is pushing identity politics.  He is responding to it I believe. 

If he really has recently identified with or advocated white supremacy, then all serious people need to shun and denounce that.  Jonah just did.  Maybe before getting all the facts

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Steve Kng
« Reply #223 on: January 11, 2019, 05:44:55 PM »
Doug ,

yes Steve King  and not Mike Lee

Sorry Mike, my post was not intentional fake news (and I apologize for the error and for any hurt feelings )

More On Steve King from the editorial consensus at NR

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/steve-king-white-supremacy-comments-odious/

I am not sure if i agree .

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 11, 2019, 06:49:08 PM »
Working from memory, King has a history of these comments and some "in the same room as" stuff-- and to this native English speaker the most recent one is a final straw for me. 

I have no wish to explain association with him AND continue with outreach work with all variations of human.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Republicans fighting for the dwarf vote
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2019, 05:20:16 AM »

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/washington-state-policitian-says-dwarf-tossing-offensive/

I agree in theory that this is demeaning and reprehensible actually
but do we really need ANOTHER freakin law for this ?

No one is forcing anyone to do this.

Will a Republican  short stature vote negate the Democrat transgender vote ????

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
typical French
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »
Republicans and Democrats have ignored enforcing immigration laws for over 30 yrs
so now he blames Trump for being contemptuous of the law by calling an emergency for legislature and previous presidents who have no enforced laws at the expense of most Americans:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/02/trump-emergency-declaration-contemptuous-of-rule-of-law/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of the Republicans, judges
« Reply #227 on: February 19, 2019, 04:02:53 AM »
0 judges confirmed year to date, does not require the Democratic House or one Democratic vote.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 19, 2019, 06:15:43 AM »
"0 judges confirmed year to date, does not require the Democratic House or one Democratic vote."

why not?  too busy trying to weasel out of enforcing immigration law or dreaming up more ways to spend and be play "bipartisan"
what is wrong with our party that they don't fight?

God Almighty !    :-(

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 19, 2019, 06:52:24 AM »
Fk, fk, fk  :-P :x :x

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 19, 2019, 07:03:32 AM »
"0 judges confirmed year to date, does not require the Democratic House or one Democratic vote."

why not?  too busy trying to weasel out of enforcing immigration law or dreaming up more ways to spend and be play "bipartisan"
what is wrong with our party that they don't fight?

God Almighty !    :-(

Most of the repubs are members in good standing with the uniparty. They don't want to jeopardize that.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 19, 2019, 07:52:25 AM »
"Most of the repubs are members in good standing with the uniparty. They don't want to jeopardize that."

Yes and that is why we NEED Trump - for all his flaws he is the ONLY one who fights!

Like Dan Horowitz asked - why even have a Republican party?

I though Sen McConnell was pushing hard for judges .  What gives .

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
This is why I cannot stomach Rhinos
« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2019, 08:51:47 AM »
after 2 yrs of farce of an obviously politically motivated "investigation "  that helped make it difficult for Trump and gave the never Trumpers more say then they ever deserved David French jumps up and proclaims our system  works!

Woe is me.......:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-system-worked/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I cannot stomach Rhinos
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
ccp,  I agree with you.  This circus was not an example of our system working. 

God Bless his right to express (somewhere) any view he believes, no matter how wrong, but what is National Review thinking?  Does the publication have no common direction? 

If you can't get a search warrant without probable cause, how can you get an independent counsel appointment with unlimited budget of time, money and investigative resources without it?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: This is why I cannot stomach Rhinos
« Reply #234 on: March 26, 2019, 05:57:52 PM »
ccp,  I agree with you.  This circus was not an example of our system working. 

God Bless his right to express (somewhere) any view he believes, no matter how wrong, but what is National Review thinking?  Does the publication have no common direction? 

If you can't get a search warrant without probable cause, how can you get an independent counsel appointment with unlimited budget of time, money and investigative resources without it?

Funny how that works. Once upon a time, a crime was discovered, then it was investigated and potentially prosecuted. Now the deep state investigates, looking for a crime to prosecute. Trump's real crime being that he defeated HRC in 2016.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
David French, again
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2019, 06:20:22 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-mueller-report-should-shock-our-conscience/

"I’m old enough to remember the closing days of the 1996 campaign, when the Clinton administration was already beset by an avalanche of scandals. Bob Dole looked into the cameras and asked a pointed question — “Where is the outrage?” The same question applies today, but to a different audience. The lies are simply too much to bear. No Republican should tolerate such dishonesty."

Ok Dave .  What do you suggest?  Impeach Trump and vote for you for president for '20
and then watch our  country  descend into  a socialist hell hole , 
or fight to keep our nation free?

You choose for which you prefer.
I know which I prefer.

dingbat

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
McCain from the beyond the grave
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2019, 07:05:04 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cindy-mccain-john-mccain-first-anniversary-death-trump-snub-165643935.html

If only Lincoln had just called for more civility

we just need love ,  love can fix it all.............

:roll: :-o

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of some of the Republicans
« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2019, 08:30:37 AM »
more specifically the cognitive dissonance of some Bush republicans , rinos and never Trumpers:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/peter-wehner-trump-supporters-053729172.html

It is remarkable to watch these people who simply refuse to get it.

The reason we continue to back Trump is two fold.

There is no clear Republican who will fight for American ideals like Trump . Not Bush not Romney or Weld or Christie .
   Maybe Cruz and few others but none with the name recognition of Trump.

And,  more importantly ANY alternative Democrat is worse.
   and if Trump loses can anyone step up to take his place?  History has not demonstrated as such.

Perhaps another answer to this is more simply put,

We ARE NOT fighting out own demons, we are fighting the LEFT - comprendia?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 08:33:01 AM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Cognitive Dissonance of some of the Republicans
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2019, 09:10:35 AM »
Well stated ccp.  They should read our thread on Trump accomplishments.  The right criticizes him freely when he is unnecessarily mean, stupid or bombastic.  We also like the good things.  We see it all in contrast to the alternative, letting the country as we know it be dismantled, no exaggeration.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »
Yes.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Agree with some of this
« Reply #241 on: October 25, 2019, 05:35:03 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/the-gop-wont-win-over-african-american-voters-if-it-doesnt-even-try/

Of note Eisenhower calling someone "son of a bitch" is not much better then calling someone human scum I guess.......
but at least he didn't tweet to the whole world!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Agree with some of this
« Reply #242 on: October 25, 2019, 06:26:01 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/10/the-gop-wont-win-over-african-american-voters-if-it-doesnt-even-try/

I see Rasmussen has black support for Trump up to 34%.  Could go higher if Warren, Sanders or Butti is the nominee. 

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/july_2019/trump_support_up_this_week_among_black_voters

Support of black men has a spillover effect into the rest of the culture, cf. rap music.  When blacks let go of the group-think, Democratic welfare hold on them that has torn up families, incomes and lives for half a century, it could be a major political shift for the country. 

Much of my work is in black majority neighborhoods.  There was a real feeling of hope for candidate and President Barack Obama in 2008; a black man can be President.  There is no feeling now that electing one more white Democrat to power will make things better. 

Lowest black unemployment is history and 8 million people off of food stamps are powerful arguments, and Trump has the megaphone. 

Some of us who don't watch TV don't imagine the bond that can develop with someone you invite into your living room every week with a top running show for a good part of two decades.
https://thegrio.com/2013/09/27/nielsen-report-confirms-blacks-watch-more-tv-than-any-other-group/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Just don't understand
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2020, 07:39:18 AM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2020/01/11/former-trump-campaign-advisor-goes-to-bat-for-joe-biden-n2559215

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Kingston

how could a conservative possibly work for Biden

I can understand trump fatigue and his limitations and negatives

but to then work for the opposition party ?

All I can think of he needs a job
let go from CNN last yr.

sell out.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
scheister Bill Kristol
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitt-romney-thank-you-impeachment-ad_n_5e3d15dcc5b6b70886fd76d4

here is what you see when you go to kristo's latest money making scam

he has on the side when not on CNN MSLSD etc:

https://www.ruleoflawrepublicans.com/

NOTICE THE FIRST THING YOU SEE IS 'DONATE'

as I expected . probably non profit and he pays himself  a salary

the schiester has turned his hatred of Trump , his TDS , into a business

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Never Trumper Kevin Williamson is back
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2020, 08:05:03 AM »
To deride not lefties but of course Trump et al:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/02/victims-or-victors-hypocrites-and-cowards-abroad-and-at-home/

Kevin go back in your hole!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Never Trumper's version of Trump Derangement Syndrome
« Reply #246 on: February 26, 2020, 08:01:33 AM »
Poor old frustrated Jonah Goldberg.

Compares Trump to Berne Trostky.

Trumps "hostile takeover " of the Republican Party .  What.  You mean 63 million who voted for him and blocked the failing "old guard" is a hostile takeover?

Jonah and Kristal should go to a Jewish Manhattan deli and have a good corn beef roast beef pastrami triple decker sandwich and some matzo ball soup

to get rid of their blues

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/02/democrats-bernie-sanders-why-hasnt-party-issued-alert/#slide-1

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
to get their power back the Democrat Lite Republicans
« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2020, 07:54:49 AM »
some of whom think it. that it is  a good idea we get defeated in the Senate.  Christie Todd Whitman who borrowed from NJ pension funds when she was governor so that now they are unfunded ,  thinks Susan Collins ( also a "cis" girl) deserves to be re elected:

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article243939577.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
second post today Jindal's take
« Reply #248 on: July 05, 2020, 09:30:47 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bobby-jindal-populist-republicans-can-traditional-conservatives-adapt-to-this-movement

I do agree the Christie Todd Whitmans are more interested in appeasing the Left's goons then Trump's base

To them the Trump supporters are * more *. the opposition than are *Democrats*!!!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/08/12/never-trump-bill-kristol-calls-for-presidential-debates-to-be-canceled/

We know real reason why Kristol wants Biden to not "debate" with Trump and it ain't this.