Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 427534 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: President Trump
« Reply #1850 on: January 31, 2021, 04:43:56 AM »
He lost for several reasons any of which, had they been different would have given him victory.  We know the evil that was done him AND we know what an ass he was at the first debate.  We know the stupid China Virus press conferences.  We know all the stupid punching down food fights. etc etc.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: January 31, 2021, 10:13:23 AM »
He lost for several reasons any of which, had they been different would have given him victory.  We know the evil that was done him AND we know what an ass he was at the first debate.  We know the stupid China Virus press conferences.  We know all the stupid punching down food fights. etc etc.

A stolen election ISN'T a loss.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: January 31, 2021, 12:49:19 PM »
He ain't in the White House, is he?

Sure sounds like a loss to me.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: January 31, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »

Did the guy that came in second to Lance Armstrong really lose to him?

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: January 31, 2021, 05:02:11 PM »

Did Barry Bonds really break Hank Aaron's home run record?
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/bonds-breaks-aaron-s-record-on-august-7-c289134264

Did Mark McGuire really hit more home runs than Hamon Killebrew?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_career_home_run_leaders

Neither Bonds nor McGuire are in the Hall of Fame.  Both are on the all time leaderboard.  The world knows they cheated.

G M, I think you are thrown off by the word 'really'.  Biden didn't really win, but as pointed out, he sits in the office and holds all the powers.  Winning by cheating isn't really a stain if you're a psychopath.   (

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: January 31, 2021, 05:21:31 PM »

Did Barry Bonds really break Hank Aaron's home run record?
https://www.mlb.com/cut4/bonds-breaks-aaron-s-record-on-august-7-c289134264

Did Mark McGuire really hit more home runs than Hamon Killebrew?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Major_League_Baseball_career_home_run_leaders

Neither Bonds nor McGuire are in the Hall of Fame.  Both are on the all time leaderboard.  The world knows they cheated.

G M, I think you are thrown off by the word 'really'.  Biden didn't really win, but as pointed out, he sits in the office and holds all the powers.  Winning by cheating isn't really a stain if you're a psychopath.   (

I reject the "If only Trump were nicer" theory. Since I was a kid, every republican is a nazi. It never ends. The cheating won't either, as there are no consequences.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: January 31, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »
 Unlike the power struggle at hand, baseball is a sport, a ritual with rules.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: tell me lack of empathy did not hurt him
« Reply #1859 on: February 02, 2021, 05:41:28 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2021/02/02/autopsy-report-coronavirus-cost-donald-trump-reelection/

The lack of empathy I saw was what voters didn't have for him for having to go through the phony Mueller probe and endless media bullsh*t.

The economy before Covid was the winning ticket.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Peter Navarro's book
« Reply #1860 on: November 02, 2021, 02:16:59 AM »
rump tried to get China to pay for virus damages

Navarro explains reelection maneuver

BY BILL GERTZ THE WASHINGTON TIMES

President Trump, before the 2020 election, considered setting up a blueribbon panel of experts to study the origin of the COVID-19 pandemic along with seeking as much as $10 trillion in reparations from Beijing for the damage, according to a book by former White House aide Peter Navarro.

The effort, which included a draft executive order, was scuttled by Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow. They persuaded Mr. Trump to reject the commission over fears that the inquiry would cause stock markets to crash or trigger a war with China, Mr. Navarro contends in his book, “In Trump Time,” being published Tuesday.

Mr. Navarro explained how he lined up key players inside the White House to support setting up a commission to publish a report on the virus’ origin before the presidential election, holding China accountable for the global outbreak. The commission’s interim report would be

released two months before the November election in a bid to sway voters to back Mr. Trump’s reelection, he stated.

The draft presidential order called for investigating the origin of the coronavirus, determining whether it really developed from a natural animal host as Beijing claimed, assessing the economic and human costs, and looking at whether China’s ruling Communist Party exploited the pandemic to advance its political, economic and military agendas.

A preliminary estimate of damage to the U.S. population and economy was the value of an entire lost year of the U.S. gross domestic product, or more than $20 trillion. The federal government also spent more than $10 trillion in fiscal and monetary relief efforts to keep the economy from collapsing during the pandemic.

“By sticking China with a bill for the havoc it has wreaked on the U.S. economy and American people, we could effectively cancel our debt to China and still lay claim to trillions of dollars more in damages for the havoc inflicted by the CCP,” Mr. Navarro wrote, using the acronym for Chinese Communist Party. China holds about $1 trillion in U.S. government debt, second only to Japan among international creditors.

In addition to producing a clear statement on the pandemic, an interim report produced by the commission would help counter mainstream media reporting that sought to ignore China’s role in the pandemic and blame Mr. Trump, who was campaigning for reelection.

“In the end, Mnuchin and Kudlow got it wrong on just about everything. And nowhere were they more wrong than on the issue of Communist China,” Mr. Navarro writes in “In Trump Time.”

Mr. Navarro wrote that he hoped the commission could be led by Sen. Tom Cotton, Arkansas Republican, and include prominent virologists and biological weapons experts such as those at the Army’s Fort Detrick research base. The State Department would host and fund the commission.

However, the proposed “National Commission on the Origins and Costs of COVID-19” was blocked by what Mr. Navarro calls three unfounded “fears” that pro-China aides, Mr. Mnuchin and Mr. Kudlow raised with the president.

The first fear was that China would cancel Mr. Trump’s January 2020 “phase one” trade deal requiring significant purchases of American agricultural and manufactured exports by Beijing. There was also concern that a full-scale clash with China would cause the stock markets to dive just months before Election Day.

The last fear was that antagonizing Beijing might lead to a shooting war.

Mr. Navarro said he felt such a notion was curious because “we were already in a hot war with China, both economically and in cyberspace.”

The author recalls that the debate over the commission involved “sparks” and “insults” during a meeting in which Mr. Trump shook his head in exasperation with his feuding advisers.

Mr. Kudlow did not return an email seeking comment.

A person close to Mr. Mnuchin said: “The secretary does not recall any conversations with Peter or others regarding this matter.”

Like many other China skeptics, Mr. Navarro believes the coronavirus behind the pandemic was biologically engineered. He also contends that the presidential election was stolen through Democrats’ “lawfare,” or legal warfare in altering voting rules in the months before the vote.

Mr. Navarro, who served as assistant to the president for trade and manufacturing policy, said he, Mr. Trump and former White House strategist Steve Bannon planned a Green Bay Packers-style political “sweep” to challenge Democrat Joe Biden’s Electoral College victory. The goal was to send the contested presidential election results from Congress to state legislatures to be decided.

As part of the strategy, Vice President Mike Pence was to use his authority as Senate president to put off congressional certification of the election for several weeks so state legislatures could investigate voting irregularities, mainly in how key states handled absentee and mail-in ballots.

The effort failed as a result of the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol, which prompted the evacuation of Mr. Pence and other Trump loyalists in Congress. When lawmakers and Mr. Pence reassembled late in the day, they quickly certified a victory for Mr. Biden.

“The January 6, 2021, violence on Capitol Hill was not instigated by President Trump,” said Mr. Navarro, who provides one of the first insider accounts of the White House in the last days of the Trump administration. The adviser says the violence in the halls of Congress was against Mr. Trump’s interests.

Mr. Trump “was the very last person to want such violence, precisely because it derailed his best chance to get a full and fair accounting of the flood of illegal ballots cast in the Nov. 3 election,” he stated. “In this inglorious way, the Green Bay Sweep will end with either a fumble, a sack or an interception — choose your own football metaphor,” Mr. Navarro wrote. He added that the former vice president is to blame for betraying Mr. Trump and ending election integrity.

Mr. Navarro also blames White House aide Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-inlaw, for failing to anticipate the legal disputes after the election. Days afterward, “war officially breaks out between the Kushner-led campaign and a team led by the president’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani,” he stated.

In one White House dining room encounter, Mr. Navarro said, several aides urged Mr. Trump to announce a run for president in 2024. Mr. Navarro told him it was a “dumb idea” because it would signal Mr. Trump was conceding that the 2020 election was over.

“What you damn well need to do right now is fight,” Mr. Navarro told the president.

Instead, the Trump presidential campaign was “doing its best impression of Gen. George Custer at the Little Big Horn,” he said, noting that $70 million in campaign funds could have been used for legal challenges to Mr. Biden’s victory.

Mr. Navarro wrote that he urged Attorney General William Barr to order the Justice Department to investigate election fraud. He was told that privatesector lawyers representing the campaigns carried out challenges during the disputed 2000 election between George W. Bush and Al Gore.

The title of Mr. Navarro’s book, “In Trump Time,” is based on Mr. Trump’s desire to accomplish things rapidly. Mr. Navarro said a second meaning reflects his four years in the administration.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
On Navarro's book
« Reply #1861 on: November 02, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »

" President Trump, before the 2020 election, considered setting up a blueribbon panel of experts to study the origin of the COVID-19 pandemic along with seeking as much as $10 trillion in reparations from Beijing for the damage, according to a book by former White House aide Peter Navarro.

The effort, which included a draft executive order, was scuttled by Treasury Secretary Steven T. Mnuchin and White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow. They persuaded Mr. Trump to reject the commission over fears that the inquiry would cause stock markets to crash or trigger a war with China, Mr. Navarro contends in his book, “In Trump Time,” being published Tuesday"

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/should-u-s-refuse-pay-back-its-1-trillion-debt-n1227351

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
moved from media thread Jonah Goldberg on 1/6
« Reply #1862 on: December 17, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-fox-news-pundit-says-105215532.html

I am certainly no great fan of JonahG anymore

but I agree on his point here,  and I am also tired of cleaning up Trump's messes

lets NOT go thru this all over again

Lets go Desantis!

------   I would also add that Trump did not ask them to invade capital and did state "peacefully"

However I do agree he took a prolonged to say a peep after the Capital trespassing.

He clearly was in his heart quite happy with it no matter what he says now.

As the Fox news people were begging him to get on a mike and state it must cease immediately
and I recall members on this board stating they were ashamed

and yet our fearless tough guy remained silent.

We will go through this crap again if he gets elected.....

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Thomas Sowell on President Trump
« Reply #1864 on: October 23, 2023, 06:45:20 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: October 23, 2023, 07:48:08 AM »
thank you for posting

that scene of President Trump announcing that Black unemployment is lowest in history then the take of the response of the Black caucus looking mad, disgusted, and put off was a classic. I got a real belly laugh from that.  Belly laughs are the best therapy for me.

And Prof Sowell laughs too and says the statistic Trump stated was TRUE!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
it gets even worse
« Reply #1867 on: October 23, 2023, 12:53:02 PM »
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/trump-asked-melania-to-parade-around-mar-a-lago-in-a-bikini-so-all-the-other-guys-could-get-a-look-aussie-billionaire-says-in-leaked-audio/

I have to admit.

If anyone ever accused any other President of doing this I would write off as not true.
Except for Clinton as I would know not true.  He would never have wanted Hillary to walk around in bikini and have everyone laugh

But with Trump it is easy to believe it.

Why oh why?!!?!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: October 23, 2023, 04:57:04 PM »
Because Melania is super hot?

BTW, worth remembering is that back in the day the press covered for JFK's philandering, including with a mob moll and IIRC an East German spy.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: October 23, 2023, 09:31:22 PM »
if true , you don't think it pretty sick for him to ask his wife to walk around in a bikini while President of the US?

She is not my type.  I have never been into tall lanky models

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: October 24, 2023, 03:22:43 AM »
My gut impression is that I like her.  She did not sign up to be a political wife, let alone First Lady.  She did sign up to be a trophy wife. 

As his wife she has received vicious calumny and the shame of her husband's philandering on the front pages. 

My sense is that she has handled herself with dignity and class.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: October 24, 2023, 07:21:22 AM »
I have a favorable opinion of her.

not her husband  who disrespects her at times

though of course I would vote for him in a hearbeat if he is the nominee.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
President Trump's Second Term
« Reply #1873 on: October 30, 2023, 08:07:41 AM »
Trump’s Drastic Plan to Slash the Government Could Succeed

https://www.wsj.com/politics/elections/why-trumps-drastic-plan-to-slash-the-government-could-succeed-6828ccbe
---------------
(Doug). If he set his mind to it he could be the biggest government cutter of all time.

One of many reasons (also 3 great Supreme Court picks) I will vote for him in the general election even though I prefer someone else in the primary.