Author Topic: The War with Medical Fascism  (Read 62422 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
JW exposes Surgeon General-- FB censorship conspiracy
« Reply #852 on: November 10, 2023, 03:55:48 AM »

Emails Show Surgeon General and Facebook Coordinating Covid Censorship

We received 14 pages of emails between U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy and top Facebook executives in 2021 regarding the censorship of user posts about Covid controversies. The emails show Facebook leadership seeking to “better understand the scope of what the White House expects from us on misinformation going forward.”

These emails confirm that Facebook censored Americans at the direction of the Biden White House and Biden’s Surgeon General’s political operation. This is a massive violation of the First Amendment.

We received these emails in response to our January 13, 2023, FOIA lawsuit (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (No. 1:23-cv-00113)) for:
All records, including, but not limited to, electronic mail, texts, memoranda, and handwritten notes, of, regarding, referring, or relating to any efforts of Vice Admiral Vivek H. Murthy, MD, MBA, U.S. Surgeon General, to contact any employee of Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn, Tumblr, and Pinterest concerning COVID-19 or COVID-19 vaccines.

On July 15, 2021, Murthy issued “Confronting Health Misinformation,” a 22-page document addressing his concerns in multiple areas. These included social media, for which it offered a number of suggestions to address misinformation:
[M]ake meaningful long-term investments … including product changes. Redesign recommendation algorithms to avoid amplifying misinformation, build in “frictions”—such as suggestions and warnings—to reduce the sharing of misinformation, and make it easier for users to report misinformation.

Platforms should also address misinformation in live streams, which are more difficult to moderate due to their temporary nature and use of audio and video.

Prioritize early detection of misinformation “super-spreaders” and repeat offenders. Impose clear consequences for accounts that repeatedly violate platform policies.

Amplify communications from trusted messengers and subject matter experts. For example, work with health and medical professionals to reach target audiences. Direct users to a broader range of credible sources, including community organizations.

The newly obtained records show that on July 16, 2021, the next day, Nick Clegg, vice president of Communications and Global Affairs at Facebook, emails Murthy:
Dear Vivek,

Reaching out after what has transpired over the past few days following the publication of the misinformation advisory, and culminating today in the President's remarks about us. I know our teams met today to better understand the scope of what the White House expects from us on misinformation going forward.

In our previous conversations I've appreciated the way you and your team have approached our engagement, and we have worked hard to meet the moment - we've dedicated enormous time and resources to fighting this pandemic and consider ourselves to be partners in fighting the same battle. Certainly we understand (and have understood for some time) that there is disagreement on some of the policies governing our approach and how they are being enforced - even as your team has acknowledged the unprecedented scale of our efforts to provide authoritative information to millions of Americans and to help them get vaccinated. But I thought the way we were singled out over the past few days has been both surprising and misleading, and I believe unproductive to our joint efforts too.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak directly to discuss a path forward with you and how we can continue to work toward what I sincerely believe are shared goals.

Murthy responds on July 19:
Thanks for reaching out and for sharing your concerns. I know the last few days have been challenging. I'd be happy to speak directly about how we move forward. Let me know the best way to schedule some time later this week and we'll make it happen.

On July 23, Brian Rice, director of public policy for Facebook, emails Clegg and Murthy:
Including this week's updated report here. Look forward to scheduling our next working session. As always please let us know if you have any questions.

Also on July 23, Clegg writes to Murthy:
Dear Vivek (if I may),

Thanks again for taking the time to meet earlier today. It was very helpful to take stock after the past week and hear directly from you and your team, and to establish our next steps.

We talked about the speed at which we are all having to iterate as the pandemic progresses. I wanted to make sure you saw the steps we took just this past week to adjust policies on what we are removing with respect to misinformation, as well as steps taken to further address the “disinfo dozen”: we removed 17 additional Pages, Groups, and Instagram accounts tied to the disinfo dozen (so a total of 39 Profiles, Pages, Groups, and IG accounts deleted thus far, resulting in every member of the disinfo dozen having had at least one such entity removed).

We are also continuing to make 4 other Pages and Profiles, which have not yet met their removal thresholds, more difficult to find on our platform. We also expanded the group of false claims that we remove, to keep up with recent trends of misinformation that we are seeing.

We hear your call for us to do more and, as I said on the call, we're committed to working toward our shared goal of helping America get on top of this pandemic. We will reach out directly to DJ to schedule the deeper dive on how to best measure Covid related content and how to proceed with respect to the question around data. We'd also like to begin a regular cadence of meetings with your team so that we can continue to update you on our progress. You have identified 4 specific recommendations for improvement and we want to make sure to keep you informed of our work on each.

I want to again stress how critical it is that we establish criteria for measuring what's happening on an industry-wide basis, not least to reflect the way platforms are used interchangeably by users themselves. We believe that we have provided more transparency, both through CrowdTangle (the flaws of which we discussed in some detail) and through our Top 100 report, than others and that any further analysis should include a comprehensive look at what's happening across all platforms--ours and others - if we are going to make progress in a consistent and sustained manner.

Finally, we will be sending you the latest version of our Top 100 report later today, per our regular schedule. Brian will do the honors this week as it will likely be completed at our end later today East Coast time. We really do hope that we can discuss our approach to this data set in greater detail during our next session with DJ, as we genuinely believe it is an effective way of understanding what people are actually seeing on the platform.

Once again, I want to thank you for setting such a constructive tone at the beginning of the call. We too believe that we have a strong shared interest to work together, and that we will strive to do all we can to meet our shared goals.

On October 28, 2021, Clegg writes to Murthy with the subject line “Our announcement:”
Dear General Murthy,

I hope you are well. It's been a while since we connected. I know our teams have remained in close contact with respect to our work to provide authoritative information about the vaccine and we are working on how we can partner in this next push to vaccinate children. We appreciate the opportunity to partner with your team.

I also recognize the intense debate that's been prompted by the documents that have been disclosed by a former employee. You and I have touched on the subject of wellbeing in our previous conversations and I know it's an area of concern for you and for the White House. I would welcome the opportunity to meet again to hear from you and to address the claims that have been made against the company.

This is an apparent reference to France Haugen, a pro-censorship former Facebook product manager.

On March 3, 2022, Max Lesko, the surgeon general’s chief of staff, emails Clegg and others, “Please see the attached letter from the U.S. Surgeon General for Mark Zuckerberg.” The letter is not included in the documents Judicial Watch received. He continues by asking Clegg and Rice to let him know how he can be helpful with respect to the “Request for Information” which had been sent to the Federal Register.

Some of the subject matter in these documents is discussed in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals case Missouri v. Biden, Murthy, et al. (No. 23-30445), which the Biden administration lost. The case is now before the U.S. Supreme Court as Murthy, et al. v. Missouri, et al. (No. 23A243).

In April 2023, we filed two lawsuits against the U.S. Department of Justice and other federal agencies for communications between the agencies and Facebook and Twitter regarding the government’s involvement in content moderation and censorship on the social media platforms.

In June 2023, we sued DHS for all records of communications tied to the Election Integrity Partnership. Based on representations from the EIP (see here and here), the federal government, social media companies, the EIP, the Center for Internet Security (a non-profit organization funded partly by DHS and the Defense Department) and numerous other leftist groups communicated privately via the Jira software platform developed by Atlassian.

In February 2023, we sued the U.S. Department Homeland Security (DHS) for records showing cooperation between the Cybersecurity and Information Security Agency (CISA) and social media platforms to censor and suppress free speech.

In January 2023 we sued the DOJ for records of communications between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and social media sites regarding foreign influence in elections, as well as the Hunter Biden laptop story.

In September 2022, we sued the Secretary of State of the State of California for having YouTube censor a Judicial Watch election integrity video.

In May 2022, YouTube censored a Judicial Watch video about Biden corruption and election integrity issues in the 2020 election. The video, titled “Impeach? Biden Corruption Threatens National Security,” was falsely determined to be “election misinformation” and removed by YouTube, and Judicial Watch’s YouTube account was suspended for a week. Judicial Watch continues to post its video content on its Rumble channel (https://rumble.com/vz7aof-fitton-impeach-biden-corruption-threatens-national-security.html).

In July 2021, we uncovered records from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which revealed that Facebook coordinated closely with the CDC to control the Covid narrative and “misinformation” and that over $3.5 million in free advertising given to the CDC by social media companies.

In May 2021, we revealed documents showing that Iowa state officials pressured social media companies Twitter and Facebook to censor posts about the 2020 election.

More documents on this dangerous censorship are being processed now by Judicial Watch so expect more revelations soon!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The War with Medical Fascism
« Reply #854 on: November 10, 2023, 07:38:50 AM »
I forgot Zeke said this.

I admit that would fix Medicare and Social Security.   :wink:
That would also be a way to get rid of Trump which knowing his family's politics he would like.

Lets see that article was 3 yrs ago so he is 66.

What is ironic he was a practicing oncologist whose goal is to save and extend life.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
When Subverting Science Comes Home to Roost
« Reply #857 on: November 17, 2023, 08:18:01 PM »
Those that have abandoned the tenets of science putatively to address existential issues like AGW have ill prepared us for the day when the tools of science are indeed needed to address a true potential existential threat:

https://www.samizdata.net/2023/11/ten-years-ago-brian-mickelthwait-predicted-the-response-to-covid-19/
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 08:23:34 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 22, 2023, 06:01:54 AM »
Movie suggestion:

'Panic in the Streets' with Richard Widmark and Jack Palance - early 50's.
About a plague outbreak and how it was handled.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
When scientists abandon science
« Reply #863 on: December 17, 2023, 02:25:34 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 25, 2023, 09:24:02 AM »
I never saw a dime for recommending any vaccine that I know of though if I gave them in the office I would get a small payment to store the vaccine and administer the shot.

Since doing telemedicine beginning Jan '16 I would recommend vaccines since I did urgent care but never see anything for doing so.

I still recommend flu shots

I let patients themselves decide whether or not to get covid shots and have stopped taking them myself.

RSV vaccine is recommended for those over 60

and shingles shot I recommend for all those who have had chicken pox and are over 50.

If only I got kickbacks for recommending shots - I could probably buy another BTC :))

However, I never knew doctors were being provided bonuses so interesting to see the Anthem data.
I thought patients might get a discount or incentive to get ........   :-o
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 09:30:49 AM by ccp »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
20/200 Covid Hindsight
« Reply #867 on: January 05, 2024, 08:59:17 PM »
New NYT reporters book on Covid misstates much, ignores the obvious, and blames the rich profiteers:

https://brownstone.org/articles/the-big-fail-failed-a-review/?fbclid=IwAR2wJSvnim9WJX0fu0k-9sNsTreT3escFBdKCaiv3zKzXQMyo9eWkofdoL8

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
FL Surgeon: DNA Contaminants in Wuhan Vaxxes
« Reply #870 on: January 18, 2024, 08:17:11 AM »
DNA Contaminants in COVID Vaccines Are ‘Beyond the Pale’: Florida Surgeon General Explains the Call for Vaccine Halt
Dr. Jospeh Ladapo sat down with EpochTV’s ‘American Thought Leaders’ host Jan Jekielek to explain his reasoning for calling a stop to the use of the vaccines.
DNA Contaminants in COVID Vaccines Are ‘Beyond the Pale’: Florida Surgeon General Explains the Call for Vaccine Halt
Florida Surgeon Gen. Dr. Joseph Ladapo speaks during an event in a file photograph. (Chris O'Meara/AP Photo)
Marina Zhang
Jan Jekielek
By Marina Zhang and Jan Jekielek
1/15/2024
Updated:
1/18/2024

On Jan. 3, the office of Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo issued a statement calling for the halt in the use of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines, citing the recent discovery of DNA contaminants in the vaccine vials.

On the Jan. 12 episode of EpochTV’s “American Thought Leaders,“ Dr. Ladapo explained why he called for a halt, saying that while there are also safety concerns with the COVID mRNA vaccines linking them to a multitude of adverse events, the recent discovery is ”beyond the pale.”
“DNA is a common contaminant of many biological products,” he told the show’s host, Jan Jekielek. “We can use DNA to produce different drugs like insulin, other biologics—and that’s a wonderful innovation, and normally, that DNA doesn’t pose a problem.”

Human cells are resistant to DNA entry, and this prevents harming the integrity of the cell’s DNA.

However, since the mRNA vaccines use lipid nanoparticles, which deliver mRNA into the cells directly, DNA contaminants could also be able to enter the cells. Some scientists, like Dr. Ladapo, are concerned that the DNA from the vaccine may integrate with the human genome.

Prominent officials at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) disagree.

In his letter, he asked if there have been risk assessments of the vaccine DNA integrating into human DNA, especially regarding the controversial SV40 promoter/enhancer region found in Pfizer’s vaccine.

Other questions included whether risk assessments have been done on DNA integration in reproductive cells and if the current levels of DNA residuals are acceptable under the FDA’s standards.

Dr. Joseph Ladapo: Why I Issued Guidance to Halt the Vaccines | ATL:NOW
Play Video
Dr. Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, replied to Dr. Ladapo on Dec. 14.

“We’ve gotten ... lengthy responses that don’t answer the question,” Dr. Ladapo said.

In his response, Dr. Marks wrote that DNA integration “is quite implausible,” adding that animal studies show “no evidence indicative for genotoxicity.”
No tests were mentioned that would assess if DNA integration is occurring.

Dr. Ladapo believes it would be reckless not to test for DNA integration, a potential risk once DNA enters the cell.

“Their position is, oh, no, it’s fine. Everything’s fine; safe and effective. That’s not only not good enough, but it’s completely unacceptable,” Dr. Ladapo said. “And that’s why I made that determination, and it’s absolutely the correct call.”
DNA Contamination: The SV40 Promoter Controversy
Both Moderna and Pfizer mRNA vaccines contain DNA contaminants, but only the Pfizer vaccines have also been found to contain SV40 promoter/enhancer DNA, which has since become a topic of debate.
SV40, or simian vacuolating virus 40, is a DNA virus that sometimes causes cancer in animals.

However, the SV40 promoter/enhancer found in the vaccines is only a tiny section of the DNA; it is not equivalent to the entire SV40 virus or its protein.

Promoter-enhancers are sections of DNA that can control the activity of other DNA.

“With DNA, there are different regions that tell other parts of DNA whether to be active or not,” Dr. Ladapo said. “This type of control process is very important ... The absence of control can, for example, lead to cancer ... [and] other metabolic abnormalities.”

In his letter to the FDA, Dr. Ladapo asked about the additional risk of the SV40 promoter/enhancer region’s DNA integration.

Dr. Marks answered that there were no genes for SV40 proteins nor SV40 proteins themselves present in the vaccine.

But Dr. Ladapo believes Dr. Marks is intentionally not answering the question.

“No one’s talking about SV40 protein ... we talked about the promoter/enhancer region. They have to be doing it intentionally,” Dr. Ladapo said.
The Risks of DNA Integration
It is currently unknown whether DNA introduced into the body is being integrated into the cell’s human genome; and if it’s integrated, what impact will it have.
Only around 1 percent of the human DNA produces protein; the job of the other 99 percent of DNA is mostly unknown.

“There’s ... a lot of uncertainty about our genome—what it does, how it supports life and creates life, and creates the miracle of each individual human being,” Dr. Ladapo said. “What we do understand is that some of the potential risks of DNA integration include development of cancers, because ... of the regulation of different aspects of DNA and cell growth.

“Other possibilities include the disruption of the normal expression of some proteins, which then subsequently could lead to disruption of normal human function.”

Since biodistribution studies in rats have shown that the mRNA vaccines can accumulate in the reproductive organs, Dr. Ladapo’s letter expressed concern that there may also be DNA integration of reproductive cells.
“We are the most complex beings—the most complex machines, if you will—living machines that exist on this Earth. So I do believe that our genome is part of our connection to God. So that is to say that there’s quite a lot at risk in terms of not taking proper precautions and sensible precautions, with maintaining the integrity to the best that we can—life ain’t perfect, but to the best that we can with our human genome.”

Marina Zhang
Author
Marina Zhang is a health writer for The Epoch Times, based in New York. She mainly covers stories on COVID-19 and the healthcare system and has a bachelors in biomedicine from The University of Melbourne. Contact her at marina.zhang@epochtimes.com

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Newly resurfaced Fauci interview-- what an evil fukk
« Reply #876 on: January 30, 2024, 06:26:12 AM »
Evil. Coercive paternalism jumped the gate and Big Brother Government went on exponential steroids.

A defining question in personal political philosophy I have asked people, "Do you think Dr. Fauci should be in or out of jail?

What ever happened to that testimony he gave Congress and Rand Paul, no gain of function research? Isn't that exactly what was happening in that lab, with our funding, under his direction and control, without proper precautions and oversight?

Largest genocide and largest economic catastrophe in human history. Hard to exaggerate this.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
New Paper Outlines Covid RNA Vaccine Testing Failures
« Reply #877 on: February 02, 2024, 11:36:54 PM »
… and blames big pharma and all the pols and regulators in pharma’s pocket. I’ve excerpted the conclusion below.

Conclusions

Careful, objective evaluation of COVID-19 mRNA product safety is crucial for upholding ethical standards and evidence-informed decision-making. Our narrative review concerning the registrational trials and the EUA’s aftermath offers evidence-informed insights into how these genetic vaccines were able to enter the market. In the context of the two pivotal trials, safety was never assessed in a manner commensurate with previously established scientific standards either for vaccines or for GTPs, the more accurate classification of these products. Many key trial findings were either misreported or omitted entirely from published reports. The usual safety testing protocols and toxicology requirements were bypassed by the FDA and vaccine manufacturers, and the premature termination of both trials obviated any unbiased assessment of potential SAEs due to an insufficient timeframe for proper trial evaluation. It was only after the EUA that the serious biological consequences of rushing the trials became evident, with numerous cardiovascular, neurological, reproductive, hematological, malignant, and autoimmune SAEs identified and published in the peer-reviewed medical literature. Moreover, the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines produced via Process 1 and evaluated in the trials were not the same products eventually distributed worldwide; all of the COVID-19 mRNA products released to the public were produced via Process 2 and have been shown to have varying degrees of DNA contamination. The failure of regulatory authorities to heretofore disclose process-related impurities (e.g., SV40) has further increased concerns regarding safety and quality control oversight of mRNA vaccine manufacturing processes.

Since early 2021, excess deaths, cardiac events, strokes, and other SAEs have often been wrongly ascribed to COVID-19 rather than to the COVID-19 mRNA vaccinations. Misattribution of SAEs to COVID-19 often may be due to the amplification of adverse effects when mRNA injections are followed by SARS-CoV-2 subvariant infection. Injuries from the mRNA products overlap with both PACS and severe acute COVID-19 illness, often obscuring the vaccines’ etiologic contributions. Multiple booster injections appear to cause immune dysfunction, thereby paradoxically contributing to heightened susceptibility to COVID-19 infections with successive doses. For the vast majority of adults under the age of 50, the perceived benefits of the mRNA boosters are profoundly outweighed by their potential disabling and life-threatening harms. Potential harms to older adults appear to be excessive as well. Given the well-documented SAEs and unacceptable harm-to-reward ratio, we urge governments to endorse and enforce a global moratorium on these modified mRNA products until all relevant questions pertaining to causality, residual DNA, and aberrant protein production are answered.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/203052-covid-19-mrna-vaccines-lessons-learned-from-the-registrational-trials-and-global-vaccination-campaign#!/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Father loses custody of son in NY
« Reply #878 on: February 04, 2024, 10:20:08 AM »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Australian Failure to Manage the Covid Epidemic
« Reply #879 on: February 04, 2024, 01:02:46 PM »
I've seen various “mega-vitamin” fads over the years and so always look at similar claims askance, but this piece notes various studies that appear to support his testimony. With this said, the conclusion in particular is a damning indictment of the West’s Covid response, particularly the end of the piece.

Subscribe
PROFESSOR IAN BRIGHTHOPE   

MB. BS., Dip.Ag.Sci., FACNEM.

Fellow Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine

Opening Statement: Legal and Constitutional Affairs Reference Committee.

Covid Royal Commission

Background

My name is Ian Ernest Brighthope. I graduated in medicine and surgery from Monash University in 1974. In 1978 I established a medical practice in Hampton, Victoria and subsequently 3 other treatment centres. In 1982 I became a co-founder and the founding president of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM). I remained as president for the next 26 years.The College has continued to train medical practitioners in Nutritional and Environmental Medicine to Fellowship standard for the past 39 years. The training involves the scientifically based  use of diet, nutrition and complementary medicines (vitamins, minerals and herbal medicines etc) for the prevention and treatment of all human conditions and diseases, including degenerative diseases, infectious diseases and mental illness. Intravenous therapies are an integral part of the training.

Pandemic Management

The lockdowns, masking, social distancing, hygiene, testing, tracking and tracing were introduced based on flawed science.  This approach is essentially ineffective, dangerous to the health of the population, extremely costly and is a reflection of the failure to fully research, train in, understand, plan and manage infectious diseases. Waiting and hoping for effective, safe vaccines and antiviral drugs has proven to be farcical. The question must be asked ‘are we going to continue to wait for vaccines and drugs when the next, and possibly highly lethal virus strikes?   Are they going to be ineffective and unsafe. Already a new and very dangerous virus has been created in a lab and directed at the human ACE receptor, killing 100% of the experimental animals. The best way to manage a pandemic is to ensure everyone has the best defences and a strong immune system as described below. Here, individuality is crucial because a one size fits all approach is doomed to failure.

The Human Immune System

Currently, the innate strength of the human immune system is completely ignored by the medical profession. It is the most powerful defence we have against coronaviruses, influenza  and virtually every other pathogenic microbe.The function of the immune system depends mostly on the individual’s genetic make-up, co-morbidities and  nutritional status. It’s the basic building blocks of amino acids, fatty acids, fat and water soluble vitamins, minerals and trace elements such as zinc and selenium that determine how powerful the immune system will respond to an infectious agent such, as a virus, bacteria or fungus. Any deficiency or imbalance of a single critical nutrient will weaken the response and permit invasion, infection, multiple organ damage, severe disease and death. All of this has been completely ignored by the authorities, despite many attempts to speak with them at the highest levels of government.

The Practice of Nutritional Medicine

Doctors practicing nutritional medicine understand how important the diet, nutritional supplementation and the elimination of excesses such as sugar, alcohol and saturated fats are at preventing most diseases. For decades now, nutritional medicine (NM) experts have been quietly defeating infectious diseases especially when orthodox medicine has failed. They have been successfully preventing and treating influenza, severe herpes simplex, coronavirus infections, intractable bacterial infections and pneumonia for over 5 decades using nutrients that are essential for improving the immune response and suppressing the viral load, including killing the viruses responsible.

Nutritional Immunology

The experience gained from the use of High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C (HDIVC) and many other nutrients in the prevention of infectious diseases became practical testimony to the scientific literature supporting the clinical use of nutritional immunology. This despite the fact that the general medical profession preferred to ignore the science and insist only on the evidence of randomised studies limited to the use of pharmaceuticals. From the early 1980’s, over 200,000 HDIVC infusions were given to patients during numerous influenza outbreaks and other serious conditions. Severely Ill patients suffering from Swine Flu and placed on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO- extracorporeal Life Support) and who were destined to pass away, have been saved using HDIVC.

Management

The principles for the management of Covid-19 patients are the same as for any acute severe viral respiratory infection as the treatment is non-specific and immuno-supportive. The successful management of Covid in many centres around the world since the outbreak of the pandemic has been achieved using nutraceuticals such as vitamins C, D and Zinc and including the repurposed medications Ivermectin, Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin.

The CD-ZINC Campaign

January 2020 saw the commencement of the ‘CD-Zinc Campaign’. It consisted of public health recommendations for the entire population to take Vitamins C and D and the trace element Zinc, the most critical, effective, safe and readily available nutrients for optimal immunity and personal virus control. The government could have subsidised them at a fraction the cost of the pandemic lock-downs and vaccines. The entire population could have continued living as normal following a short sharp lockdown if necessary.

All infections significantly impact on vitamin C levels due to enhanced inflammation and metabolic requirements. Supplementation with vitamin C both prevents and treats respiratory and systemic infections. The most important supplements are oral vitamin D, oral and injectable vitamin C and zinc. The proper use of vitamin D by taking the blood levels of the entire population to 120 and preferably 150 nmol/L will remediate deficiency and protect everyone against severe illness and death.

Vitamin C has many functions for COVID-19 prevention and treatment, including the above mentioned complications. Vitamin C can reduce the incidence and severity of all viral infections. Vitamin C increases white blood cell activity, reduces the replication of viruses, increases the production of interferons, enhances  killer and helper cell proliferation and increases antibody formation. It is a very powerful antioxidant that protects cells and tissues. Its anti-viral effects have been demonstrated in influenza, herpes viruses, pox viruses and coronaviruses. Vitamin C can ameliorate the hyperoxia-induced Acute Lung Injury  and attenuate hyperoxia-induced white blood cell dysfunction. Vitamin C prevents the cytokine surge damaging the lungs. Vitamin C eliminates alveolar fluid by preventing the activation and accumulation of neutrophils, which are  specialised white blood cells. It is thus close to being the ideal agent for prevention and treatment of Covid.

High dose intravenous Vitamin C (HDIVC) is instrumental in recovery from influenza and ARDS and other serious complications of serious viral infections. Patients on life support (ECMO) with a poor prognosis have been rapidly and successfully recovered using HDIVC, with no evidence of  lung fibrosis .  IV Vitamin C use in septic shock reduces mortality. Septic shock occurs in very sick Covid patients. It also reduces the length of stay in ICU and significantly shortens the duration of mechanical ventilation. It probably also helps to reduce the damage caused by intubation. HDIVC does not cause kidney stones or kidney damage, a pathetic  excuse used by opponents to justify refusal to use the treatment. A rare side effect is preventable break down of some red blood cells.

Vitamin D is the sunlight vitamin. When ultraviolet light falls on the skin, it manufactures a precursor of vitamin D that passes to the liver then kidneys that then make active vitamin D; more accurately a hormone called calcitriol. Deficiency of vitamin D results in rickets in children, bone disease in adults such as osteomalacia and a greatly weakened immune system. Deficiencies are associated with increased cancers and neurological disorders. Incidentally, cod liver oil is a rich source of vitamin D. It was used extensively for children in the past during winters to protect against colds and flus. This ‘sunlight’ Vitamin is essential for strong anti-infective immunity. Lack of exposure to sunlight in winter increases the prevalence of Vitamin D insufficiency/deficiency as does living further away from the equator, indoor existence and the minimisation of skin exposure to the sun with clothing. The seasonal increase in Vitamin D deficiency amplifies the risk from respiratory viruses, including the Covid-19 coronavirus. This is one of the main reasons we see these infections in winter and early spring. Lockdowns reduce the population exposure to sunlight thus increasing susceptibility.

Clinical Trials on Vitamin D  A large number of clinical trials of vitamin D supplementation for the prevention of acute respiratory tract infections have been conducted over the last 2 decades. Many randomised controlled trials have showed an overall protective effect of vitamin D supplementation against acute respiratory tract infections including influenza and coronaviruses.  In fact, the benefit from supplemental vitamin D is greater in those receiving daily vitamin D than the benefits from  influenza vaccinations. The protective effects against acute respiratory tract infections are strongest in those with profound vitamin D deficiency. Those with low levels of vitamin D have greater protection from infections with supplementation. People with vitamin D deficiency are much more likely to suffer serious outcomes and death from exposure to respiratory viruses than people with optimal Vitamin D levels. Those with insufficient levels are very susceptible to serious illness and hospitalisation but at less risk of having to go into ICU and death. Elderly people, especially those in aged-care, are at very high risk from the consequences of Vitamin D deficiency, unless given adequate Vitamin D supplementation to maintain optimal levels. Others who cannot manufacture enough include people of colour, people restricted to indoors, the obese, diabetics and others with one or more chronic diseases.
Vitamin D Supplementation and Public Health Policies. The Nordic countries have public health policies of Vitamin D supplementation and food fortification. They also have among the lowest mortality rates attributed to Covid. Thus, Vitamin D adequacy in the general population allows for a much lower mortality. Countries that do not have any public health policy of Vitamin D supplementation in winter and spring create at risk groups to viral respiratory infections. Accordingly, surges in cases and deaths from influenza-like viruses including Covid-19 occur.  Public health programmes of vitamin D supplementation protect elderly people and healthcare workers from serious illness and death and allow for lock-down free situations, effective minimal quarantine and much less economic destruction.  In fact overall, it leads to greater productivity and economic gains.  Vitamin D supplementation is extremely safe, effective, cheap and readily available. No toxicity has been reported with doses of 10,000 iu per day or less. In some individuals the dose required to meet protective levels is higher. Blood tests must be performed to measure the levels of vitamin D and to achieve the optimal dose/levels. The myriad of mechanisms of action of Vitamin D are well understood. In fact, it has now been reclassified as a hormone. Its proper name is calcitriol. Logically, if it is to be regarded as a hormone, then routine testing of people at risk of insufficiency or deficiency should be conducted. If the level of calcitriol is low, it should be medically corrected with supplementation, just as is done with insulin in diabetes and thyroid hormone in hypothyroidism. If vitamin D was a drug and knowing all of it’s mechanisms of action, it would be readily and extensively prescribed by a better informed medical profession. (Change the name of vitamin D to calcitriol and let’s see what happens). The immediate introduction of public health measures to improve vitamin D status in individuals globally is paramount. The priority should be in settings where insufficient levels and profound vitamin D deficiency is common.

Zinc Finally, to zinc, a critical trace element in the fight against Covid-19 and future pandemics. It plays a fundamental role in protecting us against invaders. It is like the moat, turrets, gates and locks to a  fort. Without it we are unprotected.

Zinc significantly influences immune function. The following explains the the biological basis of altered resistance to infections when zinc is deficient. Approximately 30 percent of the community have insufficient or deficient levels of zinc, leaving them susceptible to infection.

Zinc is known to play a central role in the immune system and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens. Zinc affects multiple aspects of the immune system and is crucial for the normal development and function of cells mediating nonspecific immunity such as the white blood cells and natural killer cells.

Zinc deficiency also affects the development of acquired immunity, the activation of T lymphocytes and B lymphocytes. It helps B lymphocyte development and antibody production, particularly immunoglobulin G. Zinc deficiency adversely affects the function of macrophages.

The impact of zinc supplementation on COVID-19 is very well known and the experience of its use by thousands of physicians world wide supports its routine use in Covid prevention and treatment. Zinc deficiency results in altered numbers and the dysfunction of all the immune cells. Suboptimal zinc increases risk for infectious diseases, autoimmune disorders, and some cancers.

The WHO assumes at least one third of the world’s population is affected by zinc deficiency and in Europe, 10 to 20% of the population are zinc deficient.

It is responsible for approximately 16% of all deep respiratory infections world-wide.

Supplementation is safe, effective, cheap and readily available with minimal to no side effects.

Supplementation with zinc could reduce mortality in the Covid-19 patient. Successful supplementation studies focusing on respiratory tract infections in most cases showed prophylactic zinc supplementation was more effective than other therapeutic proceedings. Low serum zinc levels are regularly observed in COPD, bronchial asthma, cardiovascular diseases, autoimmune diseases, kidney diseases, dialysis, obesity, diabetes, cancer, atherosclerosis, liver cirrhosis, immunosuppression, and known liver damage.

57.5% of the elderly and nursing home residents in the U.S. have a significantly decreased zinc intake. Zinc supplementation is able to reconstitute immune function in the elderly and zinc deficient individuals. The Journal of Infectious Diseases has documented poor outcomes in Covid patients with zinc deficiency. These zinc deficient patients develop more complications, and the deficiency is associated with a prolonged hospital stay and increased mortality.

Zinc creates a virus killing  mucous mask lining our airways from the nose to the airway’s final passages. It holds our lining cells together. Without zinc, our white cells cannot produce antibodies and our genes cannot express and repair themselves for any viral onslaught. It has been shown to be effective in Covid-19, as has vitamin s C and D and these 3 nutrients are extremely synergistic.

Ivermectin There was overwhelming evidence of its effectiveness in preventing and treating covid. It has been shown to be effective in treating long covid. The successful use of ivermectin in the prevention and early treatment of Covid-19 by my colleagues overseas, is indisputable.  The home management using ivermectin of patients who would have been admitted to hospital and ICU is clearly evident. I have witnessed this in various zoom conferences with my colleagues in, for example, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Ivermectin at higher doses is also used in hospitalised patients and patients in ICU.

Moderate to severe covid infections Should there be individuals who do develop a breakthrough and moderate to severe infection, on admission to hospital they should be administered High Dose Intravenous Vitamin C immediately and if their vitamin D is insufficient or deficient, an injection of calcifediol should be administered to achieve optimal vitamin D status. These procedures will effectively prevent deterioration and complications including inflammation, thrombosis, ARDS, ALI and opportunistic bacterial and viral infections. This also applies to other acute, severe, viral respiratory infections including coryza, influenza and coronaviruses. It is the best non-specific defensive management of the patient.

Global Health It is imperative for the global health authorities to execute CD-Zinc supplementation and repurposed medicine programs world-wide. There is no excuse to deny the people of the world proven effective, extremely safe, cheap, readily available scientifically-based approaches to be pandemic and pandemonium free. We cannot wait for all the clinical studies to emerge about a specific strain of virus and it’s attendant vaccine when the experience based on the best of the current science of nutritional medicine is proof.

CONCLUSION In summary, Covid-19 posed very little risk to people of good health. The use of the tri-nutrient repurposed medicines approach can significantly reduce the incidence and severity of infections, the requirement for hospitalisation and, if commenced early, will prevent admission to ICU in severely ill patients. Covid patients should be managed initially by trained, qualified and experienced medical practitioners, nurse practitioners and scientists utilising nutritional immunology. The entire population should be educated as to the value of these nutrients and it should not be a difficult task. We could be pandemic free in six to to eight  weeks if these approaches were adopted. Furthermore, other serious issues that have arisen from the poor management of the pandemic are the coercion to force vaccinate, the lack of informed consent provided to patients, the attacks on doctors and healthcare workers who spoke out about their concerns regarding the toxicity of the vaccines and lost their jobs, the very high levels of vaccination injuries and deaths and in particular the vaccine-induced deaths of Australian children, and the government’s refusal to withdraw the vaccines. All powerful reasons for a broad-based Royal Commission.

I speak on behalf of all the medical practitioners and health care workers who are trained in nutritional therapeutics, who understand the power of the above mentioned approaches and who know they work from the available science and experience, but, are too afraid of speaking out.

Professor Ian Brighthope

1st. February, 2024

Subscribe
PROFESSOR IAN BRIGHTHOPE   

MB. BS., Dip.Ag.Sci., FACNEM.

Fellow Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine

https://ianbrighthope.substack.com/p/covid-all-australian-governments

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
More Biden Admin Censorship
« Reply #880 on: February 05, 2024, 03:59:48 PM »
Now with ignored subpoenas! Imagine if a Republican staffer had done the same, or if a Republican administration had advised a staffer to ignore a subpoena. The squeals of indignation would leave our ears bleeding:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2024/02/05/exclusive-amazon-bowed-white-house-pressure-suppress-books-skeptical-covid-19-vaccine/

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
A Victory Against the Covid Klatch
« Reply #882 on: February 06, 2024, 05:37:53 AM »
Damage award to Australian civil servant mandated by his job to receive the Covid jab that was subsequently injured by it:

The writer is in Australia.

LAWFARE isn’t just the preserve of the elites and the insider class. The broad progressive movement and all its operating divisions – whether it is the woke, the climateers (just ask Mark Steyn), the me-too sexual assault accuser class, the anti-Trumpers – have mastered the art of silencing and punishing opponents by deft use of the law. But sometimes the good guys can use the law to achieve justice and policy goals, too.

One headline this week caught the attention of Australia’s covid dissidents. The Epoch Times reported: ‘Australian Employer Ordered to Pay Compensation for Vaccine Injured in ‘Significant Precedent’.’

It is difficult to recall more than one or two isolated cases of the law standing up for Australian citizens’ rights during the lockdowns, the vicious thuggery of our police forces, the abandonment of parliamentary democracy, the illegal border closures, the curtailment of overseas travel rights, the army helicopter-enforced curfews, the vaccine mandates, and the Government-led prohibition of safe and effective drugs to treat Covid.

A travesty. The system failed us. The rule of law proved chimeric. Human Rights Commissions? They were MIA during Covid, when massive and obvious human rights infractions were occurring all over the place, on an hourly basis.

Yet there is new hope for revenge, I mean justice. Senator Gerard Rennick, one of Australia’s ‘Covid Five’ in the Commonwealth Parliament (with Alex Antic, Matt Canavan, Malcom Roberts and Ralph Babet) has noted: ‘Employers are now going to think twice about forcing people to get a vaccine.’

The case concerns a South Australian public servant, Daniel Shepherd, a child and youth support worker with South Australia’s Department of Child Protection.

Mr Shepherd, now 44, received two covid vaccinations on August 19, 2021, and September 9, 2021, according to documents submitted to the South Australian Employment Tribunal.

After both jabs he experienced aching joints, cold, and flu symptoms, and minor chest pain for one to two weeks.

Section 25 of South Australia’s Emergency Management Act in January 2022 which required support and healthcare workers to receive a third dose of the vaccine to continue working and Mr Shepherd was told by his employer that he would lose his job if he did not comply.

He received his third booster dose on February 24, 2022, and subsequently developed pericarditis.

He filed a claim for compensation against his employer, the State of South Australia. The state acknowledged that the third dose caused Mr Shepherd’s pericarditis and incapacity to work, but denied responsibility for the injury, arguing that it did not arise from Shepherd’s employment, but from a lawful State Government Public Health Order (PHO), issued under the Emergency Management Act 2004 (EMA).

Tribunal judge Mark Calligeros rejected those arguments and ruled that because the injury arose as a result of both the state-directed vaccination mandate and his employment, Mr Shepherd was entitled to workers compensation. The judge saw through the slipperiness and chicanery of the State. This is significant.

The redoubtable Rebekah Barnett of Dystopian Down Under has been on the case. She explains that many Australian employers have sought to deflect responsibility for injuries incurred under workplace covid vaccine directives on the basis that they were simply following state government orders.

This case means that the workplace is liable if employment is ‘a significant contributing cause of the injury’, regardless of whether other factors contributed.

The future trajectory of the Shepherd case is uncertain: the Covid State will certainly fight back to hold the terrain it has won. But the mighty Rennick is right – tens of thousands of vaccine-forced and vaccine-injured will be pondering the possibilities.

The inadequacy of compensation options available to Australians injured by the covid vaccines prompted a Whitsundays GP, Dr Melissa McCann, to initiate a covid vaccine injury class action, which filed in the Federal Court in April 2023, and is still taking on members.

The action seeks to hold the regulatory Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to account for alleged ‘negligence, breach of statutory duty and misfeasance in public office’ in its failure to properly approve and monitor the covid vaccines, resulting in harms to Australians.

Anyone paying attention to the activities and strategies of the massed forces of the global ruling elite, as is the journalist Seamus Bruner, author of the recently released book, Controligarchs, will know that these people play for keeps. Theirs is a long game. And they do not like pushback.

The counter-revolution will need to deploy many weapons. The law, might, just might, be one of these weapons. There must be a few judges out there who can see what has been going on these past years. Watch this space.

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/one-victory-for-the-covid-resistance-in-australia-could-lead-to-a-lot-more/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
WSJ: More evidence: The Chinese did it
« Reply #883 on: February 28, 2024, 02:49:51 PM »

Where Did Covid Come From?
New documents bolster the theory that it not only escaped from a laboratory but was developed in one.
By Nicholas Wade
Feb. 28, 2024 12:47 pm ET

In the four years since the SARS-CoV-2 virus was unleashed on the world, data have steadily accumulated supporting the hypothesis that it emerged from a laboratory. The latest information, released last month, makes a formidable case that the virus is the product of laboratory synthesis, not of nature.

This startling fact will probably take some time to sink into the national consciousness, given the mainstream media’s sustained inability to report the issue objectively. Editors have failed to think beyond the extreme politicization that requires liberals to oppose the lab-leak hypothesis. Science journalists are too beholden to their sources to suspect that virologists would lie to them about the extent of their profession’s responsibility for a catastrophic pandemic.

Here are some salient facts that haven’t been clearly reported to readers of the mainstream press:

In March 2018 a team of American and Chinese virologists applied to the Pentagon’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, known as Darpa, seeking a $14 million grant to manipulate viruses related to SARS-CoV-1, the bat virus that caused a minor epidemic in 2002. Their goal was to identify bat viruses in Asia with the highest potential for jumping to people and to immunize bats so they wouldn’t infect soldiers in the region.

The proposal for Project DEFUSE specified that the viruses’ infectivity would be enhanced by inserting into them a genetic element known as a furin cleavage site. Depending on the starting viruses, this protocol could have produced SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, which has a distinctive furin cleavage site.

In 2022 three biologists, Valentin Bruttel, Alex Washburne and Antonius VanDongen, guessed that if SARS-CoV-2 had been generated in a lab by a standard method, it would have been assembled from six sections of lab-synthesized DNA with the help of a biological agent called BsmBI. On analyzing the virus’s structure, they found evidence for the seams between sections and other distinctive marks of the assembly process.

Their paper was derided as “kindergarten molecular biology” by the virologists who are favorites of the mainstream press for their opposition to the lab-leak hypothesis. But a batch of documents reveal new details about the DEFUSE proposal and confirm that the three authors were on target. Emily Kopp of U.S. Right to Know obtained the documents through a Freedom of Information Act request from the Interior Department, having noticed that a researcher at the U.S. Geological Survey was a member of the DEFUSE team.

The new documents, which are background planning papers and drafts for the DEFUSE proposal, call for assembling SARS-like viruses from six sections of DNA, and include a cost estimate for purchase of the BsmBI restriction enzyme—exactly as the three authors had inferred. This clearly strengthens, perhaps conclusively, their contention that the virus is synthetic. Richard H. Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University, says it raises “to the level of a smoking gun” the genetic evidence that the virus was manufactured.

Other strong indicators of the virus’s laboratory birth include the furin cleavage site, possessed by none of the other more than 1,500 members of its viral family with which in nature it might swap genetic material. The codons—“words” used by the genetic code to specify the units of proteins—that define the cleavage site are those preferred by humans, not coronaviruses, pointing to their likely origin in a lab kit. And whereas most viruses require repeated tries to switch from an animal host to people, SARS-CoV-2 infected humans out of the box, as if it had been preadapted while growing in the humanized mice called for in the DEFUSE protocol.

The authors of the proposal were a team led by Peter Daszak of the EcoHealth Alliance of New York, Shi Zhengli of the Wuhan Institute of Virology and Ralph Baric of the University of North Carolina. Although Mr. Baric is the leading expert on the technology, Mr. Daszak intended for much or most of the work to be done in Ms. Shi’s laboratory, despite giving a different impression to Darpa. He writes in the recently discovered documents that “I do want to stress the US side of this proposal so that DARPA are comfortable with our team. Once we get the funds, we can then allocate who does what exact work, and I believe that a lot of these assays can be done in Wuhan.”

Ms. Shi did most of her work with SARS-type viruses in the minimal-containment condition known as BSL2, whereas Mr. Baric, who regarded the viruses as seriously dangerous, worked in a more secure lab known as BSL3. Mr. Daszak noted that the lower-security labs would save money: “The BSL-2 nature of work on SARSr-CoVs makes our system highly cost-effective relative to other bat-virus systems.” Mr. Baric replied to this comment that the viruses might be grown under BSL2 safety conditions in China, but “US researchers will likely freak out.”

Mr. Daszak’s EcoHealth Alliance last year asserted that the DEFUSE project was never implemented: “The proposal was not funded and the work was never done, therefore it cannot have played a role in the origin of COVID-19.” But science is a competitive business. After Darpa turned down the DEFUSE proposal in February 2019, the researchers in Wuhan might have secured Chinese government funding and gone ahead by themselves. Viruses made according to the DEFUSE protocol could have been available by the time Covid-19 broke out, sometime between August and November 2019. This would account for the otherwise unexplained timing of the pandemic along with its place of origin. (Mr. Daszak, Mr. Baric and Ms. Shi didn’t respond to emails seeking comment. Chinese officials have demanded that the U.S. “stop defaming China” by raising the possibility of a lab leak.)

One piece is missing from the puzzle—the identity of the parent viruses from which SARS-CoV-2 was derived. The Chinese authorities have rigorously suppressed all information about the viruses being kept in the Wuhan Institute of Virology. But the documentary and scientific evidence already assembled seems sufficient to understand the genesis of the pandemic that killed millions.

Mr. Wade is a former science editor of the New York Times.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Antidepressant Use Rose During Covid
« Reply #884 on: March 01, 2024, 05:06:12 PM »
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 05:11:43 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Vaccine Veritas: When Truth Is Not a Shield
« Reply #888 on: March 13, 2024, 12:03:57 AM »
Tales like this illustrate just how far into fascist territory Harvard, the US government, and all the various sycophants that blindly parroted the party line. They should be lining up to apologize to this author. The fact they are not suggests they will instead seek to better control the narrative the next time around, an eventuality that should scare us all:

Harvard Tramples the Truth

When it came to debating Covid lockdowns, Veritas wasn’t the university’s guiding principle.

Mar 11 2024

I am no longer a professor of medicine at Harvard. The Harvard motto is Veritas, Latin for truth. But, as I discovered, truth can get you fired. This is my story—a story of a Harvard biostatistician and infectious-disease epidemiologist, clinging to the truth as the world lost its way during the Covid pandemic.

On March 10, 2020, before any government prompting, Harvard declared that it would “suspend in-person classes and shift to online learning.” Across the country, universities, schools, and state governments followed Harvard’s lead.

Yet it was clear, from early 2020, that the virus would eventually spread across the globe, and that it would be futile to try to suppress it with lockdowns. It was also clear that lockdowns would inflict enormous collateral damage, not only on education but also on public health, including treatment for cancer, cardiovascular disease, and mental health. We will be dealing with the harm done for decades. Our children, the elderly, the middle class, the working class, and the poor around the world—all will suffer.

Schools closed in many other countries, too, but under heavy international criticism, Sweden kept its schools and daycares open for its 1.8 million children, ages one to 15. Why? While anyone can get infected, we have known since early 2020 that more than a thousandfold difference in Covid mortality risk holds between the young and the old. Children faced minuscule risk from Covid, and interrupting their education would disadvantage them for life, especially those whose families could not afford private schools, pod schools, or tutors, or to homeschool.

What were the results during the spring of 2020? With schools open, Sweden had zero Covid deaths in the one-to-15 age group, while teachers had the same mortality as the average of other professions. Based on those facts, summarized in a July 7, 2020, report by the Swedish Public Health Agency, all U.S. schools should have quickly reopened. Not doing so led to “startling evidence on learning loss” in the United States, especially among lower- and middle-class children, an effect not seen in Sweden.

Sweden was the only major Western country that rejected school closures and other lockdowns in favor of concentrating on the elderly, and the final verdict is now in. Led by an intelligent social democrat prime minister (a welder), Sweden had the lowest excess mortality among major European countries during the pandemic, and less than half that of the United States. Sweden’s Covid deaths were below average, and it avoided collateral mortality caused by lockdowns.

Yet on July 29, 2020, the Harvard-edited New England Journal of Medicine published an article by two Harvard professors on whether primary schools should reopen, without even mentioning Sweden. It was like ignoring the placebo control group when evaluating a new pharmaceutical drug. That’s not the path to truth.

That spring, I supported the Swedish approach in op-eds published in my native Sweden, but despite being a Harvard professor, I was unable to publish my thoughts in American media. My attempts to disseminate the Swedish school report on Twitter (now X) put me on the platform’s Trends Blacklist. In August 2020, my op-ed on school closures and Sweden was finally published by CNN—but not the one you’re thinking of. I wrote it in Spanish, and CNN–Español ran it. CNN–English was not interested.

I was not the only public health scientist speaking out against school closures and other unscientific countermeasures. Scott Atlas, an especially brave voice, used scientific articles and facts to challenge the public health advisors in the Trump White House, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director Anthony Fauci, National Institutes of Health director Francis Collins, and Covid coordinator Deborah Birx, but to little avail. When 98 of his Stanford faculty colleagues unjustly attacked Atlas in an open letter that did not provide a single example of where he was wrong, I wrote a response in the student-run Stanford Daily to defend him. I ended the letter by pointing out that:

Among experts on infectious disease outbreaks, many of us have long advocated for an age-targeted strategy, and I would be delighted to debate this with any of the 98 signatories. Supporters include Professor Sunetra Gupta at Oxford University, the world’s preeminent infectious disease epidemiologist. Assuming no bias against women scientists of color, I urge Stanford faculty and students to read her thoughts.
None of the 98 signatories accepted my offer to debate. Instead, someone at Stanford sent complaints to my superiors at Harvard, who were not thrilled with me.

I had no inclination to back down. Together with Gupta and Jay Bhattacharya at Stanford, I wrote the Great Barrington Declaration, arguing for age-based focused protection instead of universal lockdowns, with specific suggestions for how better to protect the elderly, while letting children and young adults live close to normal lives.

With the Great Barrington Declaration, the silencing was broken. While it is easy to dismiss individual scientists, it was impossible to ignore three senior infectious-disease epidemiologists from three leading universities. The declaration made clear that no scientific consensus existed for school closures and many other lockdown measures. In response, though, the attacks intensified—and even grew slanderous. Collins, a lab scientist with limited public-health experience who controls most of the nation’s medical research budget, called us “fringe epidemiologists” and asked his colleagues to orchestrate a “devastating published takedown.” Some at Harvard obliged.

A prominent Harvard epidemiologist publicly called the declaration “an extreme fringe view,” equating it with exorcism to expel demons. A member of Harvard’s Center for Health and Human Rights, who had argued for school closures, accused me of “trolling” and having “idiosyncratic politics,” falsely alleging that I was “enticed . . . with Koch money,” “cultivated by right-wing think tanks,” and “won’t debate anyone.” (A concern for those less privileged does not automatically make you right-wing!) Others at Harvard worried about my “scientifically inaccurate” and “potentially dangerous position,” while “grappling with the protections offered by academic freedom.” 

Though powerful scientists, politicians, and the media vigorously denounced it, the Great Barrington Declaration gathered almost a million signatures, including tens of thousands from scientists and health-care professionals. We were less alone than we had thought.

Even from Harvard, I received more positive than negative feedback. Among many others, support came from a former chair of the Department of Epidemiology—a former dean, a top surgeon, and an autism expert, who saw firsthand the devastating collateral damage that lockdowns inflicted on her patients. While some of the support I received was public, most was behind the scenes from faculty unwilling to speak publicly.

Two Harvard colleagues tried to arrange a debate between me and opposing Harvard faculty, but just as with Stanford, there were no takers. The invitation to debate remains open. The public should not trust scientists, even Harvard scientists, unwilling to debate their positions with fellow scientists.

My former employer, the Mass General Brigham hospital system, employs the majority of Harvard Medical School faculty. It is the single largest recipient of NIH funding—over $1 billion per year from U.S. taxpayers. As part of the offensive against the Great Barrington Declaration, one of Mass General’s board members, Rochelle Walensky, a fellow Harvard professor who had served on the advisory council to NIH director Collins, engaged me in a one-directional “debate.” After a Boston radio station interviewed me, Walensky came on as the official representative of Mass General Brigham to counter me, without giving me an opportunity to respond. A few months later, she became the new CDC director.

At this point, it was clear that I faced a choice between science or my academic career. I chose the former. What is science if we do not humbly pursue the truth?

In the 1980s, I worked for a human rights organization in Guatemala. We provided round-the-clock international physical accompaniment to poor campesinos, unionists, women’s groups, students, and religious organizations. Our mission was to protect those who spoke up against the killings and disappearances perpetrated by the right-wing military dictatorship, which shunned international scrutiny of its dirty work. Though the military threatened us, stabbed two of my colleagues, and threw a hand grenade into the house where we all lived and worked, we stayed to protect the brave Guatemalans.

I chose then to risk my life to help protect vulnerable people. It was a comparatively easy choice to risk my academic career to do the same during the pandemic. While the situation was less dramatic and terrifying than the one that I faced in Guatemala, many more lives were ultimately at stake.

While school closures and lockdowns were the big controversy of 2020, a new dispute emerged in 2021: the Covid vaccines. For more than two decades, I have helped the CDC and FDA develop their post-market vaccine safety systems. Vaccines are a vital medical invention, allowing people to obtain immunity without the risk that comes from getting sick. The smallpox vaccine alone has saved millions of lives. In 2020, the CDC asked me to serve on its Covid-19 Vaccine Safety Technical Work Group. My tenure didn’t last long—though not for the reason you may think.

The randomized controlled trials (RCTs) for the Covid vaccines were not properly designed. While they demonstrated the vaccines’ short-term efficacy against symptomatic infection, they were not designed to evaluate hospitalization and death, which is what matters. In subsequent pooled RCT analyses by vaccine type, independent Danish scientists showed that the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) did not reduce short-term, all-cause mortality, while the adenovirus-vector vaccines (Johnson & Johnson, Astra-Zeneca, Sputnik) did reduce mortality, by at least 30 percent.

I have spent decades studying drug and vaccine adverse reactions without taking any money from pharmaceutical companies. Every honest person knows that new drugs and vaccines come with potential risks that are unknown when approved. This was a risk worth taking for older people at high risk of Covid mortality—but not for children, who have a minuscule risk for Covid mortality, nor for those who already had infection-acquired immunity. To a question about this on Twitter in 2021, I responded:

Thinking that everyone must be vaccinated is as scientifically flawed as thinking that nobody should. COVID vaccines are important for older high-risk people and their care-takers. Those with prior natural infection do not need it. Nor children.
At the behest of the U.S. government, Twitter censored my tweet for contravening CDC policy. Having also been censored by LinkedIn, Facebook, and YouTube, I could not freely communicate as a scientist. Who decided that American free-speech rights did not apply to honest scientific comments at odds with those of the CDC director?

I was tempted just to shut up, but a Harvard colleague convinced me otherwise. Her family had been active against Communism in Eastern Europe, and she reminded me that we needed to use whatever openings we could find—while self-censoring, when necessary, to avoid getting suspended or fired.

On that score, however, I failed. A month after my tweet, I was fired from the CDC Covid Vaccine Safety Working Group—not because I was critical of vaccines but because I contradicted CDC policy. In April 2021, the CDC paused the J&J vaccine after reports of blood clots in a few women under 50. No cases were reported among older people, who benefit the most from the vaccine. Since there was a general vaccine shortage at that time, I argued in an op-ed that the J&J vaccine should not be paused for older Americans. This is what got me in trouble. I am probably the only person ever fired by the CDC for being too pro-vaccine. While the CDC lifted the pause four days later, the damage was done. Some older Americans undoubtedly died because of this vaccine “pause.”

Bodily autonomy is not the only argument against Covid vaccine mandates. They are also unscientific and unethical.

With a genetic condition called alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, which leaves me with a weakened immune system, I had more reason to be personally concerned about Covid than most Harvard professors. I expected that Covid would hit me hard, and that’s precisely what happened in early 2021, when the devoted staff at Manchester Hospital in Connecticut saved my life. But it would have been wrong for me to let my personal vulnerability to infections influence my opinions and recommendations as a public-health scientist, which must focus on everyone’s health.

The beauty of our immune system is that those who recover from an infection are protected if and when they are re-exposed. This has been known since the Athenian Plague of 430 BC—but it is no longer known at Harvard. Three prominent Harvard faculty coauthored the now infamous “consensus” memorandum in The Lancet, questioning the existence of Covid-acquired immunity. By continuing to mandate the vaccine for students with a prior Covid infection, Harvard is de facto denying 2,500 years of science.

Since mid-2021, we have known, as one would expect, that Covid-acquired immunity is superior to vaccine-acquired immunity. Based on that, I argued that hospitals should hire, not fire, nurses and other hospital staff with Covid-acquired immunity, since they have stronger immunity than the vaccinated.

Vaccine mandates are unethical. The RCTs mainly enrolled young and middle-aged adults, but observational studies showed that Covid vaccines prevented Covid hospitalizations and deaths for older people. Amid a worldwide vaccine shortage, it was unethical to force the vaccine on low-risk students or those like me who were already immune from having had Covid, while my 87-year-old neighbor and other high-risk older people around the world could not get the shot. Any pro-vaccine person should, for this reason alone, have opposed the Covid vaccine mandates.

For scientific, ethical, public health, and medical reasons, I objected both publicly and privately to the Covid vaccine mandates. I already had superior infection-acquired immunity; and it was risky to vaccinate me without proper efficacy and safety studies on patients with my type of immune deficiency. This stance got me fired by Mass General Brigham—and consequently fired from my Harvard faculty position.

While several vaccine exemptions were given by the hospital, my medical exemption request was denied. I was less surprised that my religious exemption request was denied: “Having had COVID disease, I have stronger longer lasting immunity than those vaccinated (Gazit et al). Lacking scientific rationale, vaccine mandates are religious dogma, and I request a religious exemption from COVID vaccination.”

If Harvard and its hospitals want to be credible scientific institutions, they should rehire those of us they fired. And Harvard would be wise to eliminate its Covid vaccine mandates for students, as most other universities have already done.

Most Harvard faculty diligently pursue truth in a wide variety of fields, but Veritas has not been the guiding principle of Harvard leaders. Nor have academic freedom, intellectual curiosity, independence from external forces, or concern for ordinary people guided their decisions.

Harvard and the wider scientific community have much work to do to deserve and regain public trust. The first steps are the restoration of academic freedom and the cancelling of cancel culture. When scientists have different takes on topics of public importance, universities should organize open and civilized debates to pursue the truth. Harvard could have done that—and it still can, if it chooses.

Almost everyone now realizes that school closures and other lockdowns, were a colossal mistake. Francis Collins has acknowledged his error of singularly focusing on Covid without considering collateral damage to education and non-Covid health outcomes. That’s the honest thing to do, and I hope this honesty will reach Harvard. The public deserves it, and academia needs it to restore its credibility.

Science cannot survive in a society that does not value truth and strive to discover it. The scientific community will gradually lose public support and slowly disintegrate in such a culture. The pursuit of truth requires academic freedom with open, passionate, and civilized scientific discourse, with zero tolerance for slander, bullying, or cancellation. My hope is that someday, Harvard will find its way back to academic freedom and independence.

Martin Kulldorff is a former professor of medicine at Harvard University and Mass General Brigham. He is a founding fellow of the Academy for Science and Freedom.

https://www.city-journal.org/article/harvard-tramples-the-truth?fbclid=IwAR0fcOXOEtNoDERQ5Mj8VYjKr6LVr8y-93BLba_e2eHi72gqujeA7NkMA5Q

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Are the facts alleged here correct?
« Reply #889 on: March 15, 2024, 04:37:58 PM »
For some reason I have Paul Craig Roberts mentally filed under the heading of crackpot scumbag, but are his facts here accurate?

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2024/03/14/us-navy-medic-shut-down-for-releasing-unclassified-dod-data-showing-a-937-increase-in-heart-failure-among-vaccinated-us-military-personnel/

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 09:23:42 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

BlueLight

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2024, 12:52:39 AM »
It's coming out now that there were a lot of foolish decisions that were made that in hindsight may have caused more damage than helped. Consequences of the vaccine, isolation, ect.

It is a combination of COVID being made a political issue (I wish that had never happened) and the pharmaceutical industry driving everyone off a cliff in the name of profits. Similar things happened in the past with different consequences (the opioid epidemic, the culprits just now coming to public attention via movies, ect.).

I spent about a year in the Caucasus region and they were doing just fine without the vaccine, and the people seemed a lot less miserable.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Are the facts alleged here correct?
« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2024, 05:51:28 AM »
For some reason I have Paul Craig Roberts mentally filed under the heading of crackpot scumbag, but are his facts here accurate?

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2024/03/14/us-navy-medic-shut-down-for-releasing-unclassified-dod-data-showing-a-937-increase-in-heart-failure-among-vaccinated-us-military-personnel/

Likewise, I was thinking he was someone once great who later renounced supply side economics, but that wasn't it.  That was Reagan's budget director. Hard to write off a fact based science. From Wikipedia it was foreign policy where he ventured off but no details there.  Was accused of antisemitism by ADL, which might or might not have meaning. I think he wrote something appearing to side with Saddam when I wrote him off but I really can't remember.

On this, he is repeating something out there. Impossible to verify as DOD hides the data.

Mostly a fiction writer now it appears on his website.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 05:55:07 AM by DougMacG »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ivermectin for the Win?
« Reply #894 on: March 16, 2024, 08:15:48 PM »
Convincing piece re the many benefits of ivermectin, you know the stuff the media and “experts” had kittens over when people started reporting success treating Covid w/ it:

https://chiefio.wordpress.com/2024/03/16/vit-i-long-covid-vexxine-injury-virus-cfs/

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Another One for the Memory Hole
« Reply #895 on: March 23, 2024, 10:25:48 AM »
One of the more galling elements of life in the US these days are the number of folks that embraced some Deep State party line—often at the top of their lungs and dripping with disdain for all that failed to march in lockstep w/ the dictate du jour—who then not only stand mute when their certainty proves to be anything but, who then also fail to allow their dubious track record to inform the vigor with which they jump on the next bandwagon the feds, media, whomever on the left then next rolls out.

Here the FDA is removing ivermectin warnings from the website despite past certain proclamations it was “horse medicine.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/fda-settles-ivermectin-case-agrees-remove-controversial-stop-it-post?fbclid=IwAR2Aqc9o9HB9gF9oI97uVEpwQCw4ZHnj53jwXMCGmdpvU_sx7VBir36uzSU

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 23, 2024, 10:58:37 AM »
if this is true this is a real outrage!!!

creatinine measurements have nothing to do with it.
If one's kidneys fail it doesn't matter white or black.
the Person needs dialysis or they die.
then wait and pray for a transplant.

I can't imagine this would win in court
to think certain races might be moved ahead of others is despicable.

I am very hopeful and praying this works:

https://www.popsci.com/health/gene-edited-pig-kidney-transplant/

Get DEI the hell out of medicine !

So many feel the way I do and we get intimidated to keep quiet.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obamacare Red Pill
« Reply #898 on: March 27, 2024, 11:54:56 AM »
Another thing dragging Biden/Dems down at the poll:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2024/03/the_red_pill_of_obamacare.html

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Nearly 300 Excess Deaths Each Week in UK ERs
« Reply #899 on: April 01, 2024, 05:07:59 PM »
England’s Emergency Crisis Led To 14,000 Deaths Last Year, Report Says

Katherine Hignett

Senior Contributor

I write about U.K. health policy. The figure comes from research conducted by the Royal College of Emergency Medicine, which estimates 14,000 extra deaths would have been linked to delays in emergency care in 2023.

The staggering research reflects the continued toll of a sector that’s been in crisis for at least two years. Last year, a similar analysis found excessive waits for emergency care could have caused around 280 deaths per week.

Where Do These Numbers Come From?

To find out how many extra deaths were likely to have been caused by long waits, RCEM researchers began by looking at how many people spent long periods of time waiting to be admitted from an emergency department to a hospital bed.

Around 1.5 million people are known to have waited 12 hours or more in emergency rooms in England 2023. According to the RCEM, around 65% of these patients went on to be admitted to hospital.

Researchers tplugged these figures into what’s known as the “standard mortality ratio”: an estimate of how many patients are likely to die when their emergency care is delayed.

The RCEM estimates there will be one extra death for every 72 waits of 8 to 12 hours before admission, according to the ratio, which comes from on a study of English emergency care from 2016 to 2018. The data includes deaths from any cause within 30 days of admission to hospital.

For 2023, this works out at 14,000 extra deaths in 2023, or 268 per week.

England’s Emergency Care Crisis Explained

England’s emergency services have been under extreme pressure for at least two years, with numerous factors like short staffing, inadequate social care provision and an increase in patient demand and acuity (how sick people are) fuelling the crisis.

An ageing population, coupled with care backlogs that have swollen during the pandemic, mean more people need care — and more intense care at that. But investment in healthcare has not kept pace with a growing need that’s been excacerbated by Covid-19.

In parallel, a lack of capacity in adult social care — think nursing homes and care workers that visit frail patients at their own residence — leaves some vulnerable patients languishing in hospitals as they wait for the community support they need to become available.

This drives high bed occupancy in hospitals, making it hard to admit patients from the emergency department. This leads to overcrowding inside and queues of ambulances outside and slows down ambulance response times.

Bed occupancy remains consistently at around 94%, according to the RCEM. This is far in excess of a “safe occupancy level” of 85%. Some 11,000 more staffed beds would be needed to meet this level, the College stated.

‘Patients Deserve So Much Better’

Royal College of Emergency Medicine present Dr Adrian Boyle said it was “vital to remember that each one of these deaths was of a person with loved ones and families.”

It also left clinicians across the country in an “awful position,” dealing “with the realities of trying to provide the best possible care in such difficult and unacceptable circumstances.”

Government initiatives launched to try and reduce the emergency care crisis should be scrutinized and assessed, he added “so we can establish what is working and what needs adapting.”

“Despite good intentions,” the country’s plants have thus fare failed to be effective or result “in any consequential improvement,” he said.

“What is needed is substantial investment and a commitment to resuscitating emergency care both for the clinicians battling with a struggling system and the patients who deserve so much better. We cannot continue with these inequalities in care, avoidable delays, and deaths.”

A spokesperson for the National Health Service, which provides public healthcare in England, told The Independent: “We have seen significant increases in demand for A&E services, with attendances in February up 8.6 per cent on last year and emergency admissions up 7.7 per cent.”

Data showed the organisation’s efforts to recover urgent and emergency care performance were “delivering improvements,” while ongoing work with community and social care partners to help discharge those who are medically fit was “freeing up beds for other patients.”

Excess deaths, the spokesperson added are “down to several factors” under continued analysis by the country’s Office for National Statistics.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katherinehignett/2024/04/01/englands-emergency-crisis-led-to-14000-deaths-last-year-report-says/?sh=5efc388a2563