Author Topic: Homeland Security, Border, sabotage of energy, transportation, environment  (Read 1061734 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Border Insecurity, even the NYT can see it...
« Reply #3100 on: August 26, 2024, 10:49:29 AM »
https://archive.is/rCKtn

New Yok Times coverage, more at the link.

How a Migrant Accused of Rape Was Freed and Charged With Rape Again
A failure of cooperation between New York City and federal authorities allowed Daniel Davon-Bonilla, a 24-year-old from Nicaragua, to slip out of the grasp of law enforcement.

For 15 months, Daniel Davon-Bonilla sat in the Rikers Island jail complex in New York City, accused of raping a transgender woman in a migrant shelter.

Then, on June 24, Mr. Davon-Bonilla stood before a judge in a Brooklyn court. The victim in the case had refused to testify, and now prosecutors were offering him a deal: He could plead guilty to a felony assault charge and be released that day.

The judge, Donald Leo, warned Mr. Davon-Bonilla, a 24-year-old from Nicaragua, that he could be deported.

“Do you still wish to proceed with your plea of guilty?” asked Justice Leo, according to a transcript of the hearing.

“Of course,” Mr. Davon-Bonilla replied.

In fact, the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, known as ICE, had informed the city that it intended to deport Mr. Davon-Bonilla when he was first charged with rape, the agency said. But neither the city nor the Brooklyn district attorney notified federal officials when he was released that day in June.

Mr. Davon-Bonilla did not show up for his sentencing on Aug. 9. Two days later, the police say, he raped a homeless woman under the Coney Island boardwalk.

New York is a so-called sanctuary city, one of several across the United States that try to minimize the deportation of migrants. In practice, this means that local law enforcement officials limit their coordination with federal immigration authorities. Those policies infuriated Donald J. Trump when he was president. He painted sanctuary cities as crime-ridden dystopias and threatened to withhold federal money from them.

Now the Coney Island case has renewed attention on those policies and brought a fresh round of criticism — not just from Mr. Trump, who is running for his old office, but also from New York police officials and Mayor Eric Adams. They say the sanctuary system, enshrined in city law, safeguarded the rights of a violent criminal at the expense of a vulnerable woman. The mayor called Mr. Davon-Bonilla “the poster child of what’s wrong with not doing that coordination.”
(More at the link)

[Doug]  The details go on but the point is simple, the man shouldn't be in this country, and if here, he should be behind bars.

"Sanctuary City".  Sanctuary for WHAT?!  Why is it 'legal' to say the laws of the land won't be enforced here?  Maybe we should also say, federal checks won't be sent here.  Not social security, not federal payroll, not one dime until illegal sanctuary status is removed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 10:52:05 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Border Insecurity, Human traficking, Fentanyl
« Reply #3103 on: September 09, 2024, 08:44:15 AM »
Democrats (SNL) mocked the lady who put concern for rape at the border in her top concerns.
https://www.newsweek.com/snl-mocks-katie-britt-sotu-1877622
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

But Democrats are losing support from the Fentanyl victims' families.  Some like Trump's tough talk on the border.

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/fentanyl-deaths-are-causing-grieving-parents-embrace-trump-rcna169921

As I've told Democrats on other issues, Trump (and Republicans) wouldn't have been necessary if Democrats had governed well.

Some do, but how come more Democrats don't care about this??

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Homeland Security, Border, sabotage of energy, transportation, environment
« Reply #3105 on: September 09, 2024, 09:55:29 AM »
as predicted by MY

me - as well as everyone else.   :wink:

It seems to get worse by the month
Around here in NJ it is never ceases to astonish me at the OBVIOUS invasion of people from different countries.

https://brilliantmaps.com/number-of-unauthorized-illegal-immigrants-by-us-state/

I don't vouch for the above source, but I would think it could even be more in a this state with over 9 million residents.

One can tell if they look Dominican, Haitian, Columbian, Mexican/Guatemalan, though it is harder for me to tell Peruvian from Equadorian.  Northern Africans from Sub-Saharan Africans - for sure if they are dressed in Muslim garb.

Except for when they speak, and I hear accents or other languages Europeans of course are harder to tell if illegal or not, but I am sure they are blended into the US as well.

Hard to tell about Orientals if they are legal or illegal since of course so many are legal.
Though some seem like they are out of place walking around and thus hint they are illegal.

As for Indians many are legal so usually tough to guess, surmise which ones illegal.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Illegal Jordanians released after posting bail.
« Reply #3106 on: September 11, 2024, 04:07:29 PM »
Apologies if this is a duplicate:

Illegal Jordanian Aliens Who Tried to Breach Quantico Released After Posting Bail (legalinsurrection.com)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Sorry, Springfield Ohio migrant issues are not fake news
« Reply #3107 on: September 12, 2024, 03:20:17 AM »
20,000 Haitian migrants invade a town of less than 60,000 is the story.

Whose idea was that?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 04:21:07 AM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Homeland inSecurity, Border failure, organized crime
« Reply #3109 on: September 12, 2024, 05:06:29 AM »
Founded in a Venezuelan prison where it ran a zoo, swimming pool, disco, restaurant and bar, the Tren de Aragua has grown into a fearsome transnational criminal force in less than a decade—“MS-13 on steroids,” as one federal official put it, referring to the Central American gang that is entrenched in many U.S. communities. The specter of crime caused by immigrants has become a major theme in the presidential campaign, with former President Donald Trump calling out “migrant crime” repeatedly. Federal crime data show homicides and other crimes have dropped—and that the U.S. is far safer than it used to be. The gang isn’t a household name, but its activities are a source of fascination on social media. “I think the Tren de Aragua in the U.S. could help elect Trump,” said Michael Shifter, a senior fellow at the Inter-American Dialogue think tank in Washington. (Source: wsj.com)

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Hamas Engineers Building Cartel Border Tunnels
« Reply #3110 on: September 15, 2024, 09:24:17 AM »
Like butter on toast or pretzels and beer, some things make an obvious match. In this instance it’s Hamas tunnel engineers with experience digging in sandy strata and Mexican cartels that need unbridled access to the American market:

https://x.com/kimwexlermajd/status/1834652302767988852?s=61