Author Topic: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant/Self Intro  (Read 280891 times)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant/Self Intro
« Reply #450 on: April 11, 2020, 12:08:37 PM »
strange

now I see it too

I could swear it was not there earlier today .

I know I am fryed from doing overtime and seeing as many patients as I can
but am not yet hallucinating.
  (I don't think)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2020, 06:42:21 PM »
So you have been correcting the spelling in your posts all these years??

:-D

I notice the "modify " choice is gone.

I can't correct my posts for spelling or other fixes .etc

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 14, 2020, 11:01:26 AM »
Looking for Tucker's very strong opening statement last night. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 09, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
I'm remembering that we had some posts about Obama systematically replacing generals and admirals to political purpose , , ,

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obama's purge of generals and admirals
« Reply #454 on: June 09, 2020, 01:59:23 PM »
I'm remembering that we had some posts about Obama systematically replacing generals and admirals to political purpose , , ,

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/197-military-officers-purged-by-obama/
What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/18/president-obama-wary-of-generals-admirals-commandi/
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2013/11/obama-vs-the-generals-099379
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/09/obama_purged_military_of_those_who_sought_victory.html

« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 02:29:36 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 09, 2020, 06:44:29 PM »
THANK YOU!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2020, 10:00:46 AM »
Looking for proper citations on the Congressional seats stolen in Orange County CA (five of them?)in 2018 due to ballot harvesting.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 14, 2020, 04:51:32 AM »
Going dark for a few days , , ,

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 23, 2020, 06:03:45 PM »
The Dennys are now North Carolinians!

At the moment my participation here is frustrated by a poor connection and a crappy, clogged up laptop, but I am back!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 25, 2020, 05:28:22 AM »

Wow!  Big move!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 25, 2020, 11:18:59 AM »
It's like the action movie where people get out just as something explodes in the background.

When are you escaping from Minnetroit, Doug?

Wow!  Big move!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 25, 2020, 02:28:45 PM »
"It's like the action movie where people get out just as something explodes in the background."
  - That is funny - if we're still able to laugh about these things.

"When are you escaping from Minnetroit, Doug?"

- Not a simple matter.  Family, friends, sports, investments here, pretty good lifestyle...  )   If I move to the moon I am still taxed here.  Trying to get some things sold or insured before the next riot. Long process. 

If the US goes the Bernie-Omar-apolis way Nov 3, moving to another state is not escape and I don't have a leave-the-country plan.  Alternatively, the nation including MN could go conservative, and Colorado, my easiest move, could fall permanently blue (The MinnColo flip?)  Colo could become the next Minntroit.  Looks like Denver already fell. 

This election will affect my priorities.  I hear guns and ammo are already sold out.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 25, 2020, 03:45:48 PM »
"It's like the action movie where people get out just as something explodes in the background."

- Not a simple matter.  Family, friends, sports, investments here, pretty good lifestyle...  )   If I move to the moon I am still taxed here.  Trying to get some things sold or insured before the next riot. Long process. 

If the US goes the Bernie-Omar-apolis way Nov 3, moving to another state is not escape and I don't have a leave-the-country plan.  Alternatively, the nation including MN could go conservative, and Colorado, my easiest move, could fall permanently blue (The MinnColo flip?)  Colo could become the next Minntroit.  Looks like Denver already fell. 

This election will affect my priorities.  I hear guns and ammo are already sold out.

Guns and ammo are available, although at increased prices. I would get my hands on something ASAP.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 25, 2020, 04:26:37 PM »

Guns and ammo are available, although at increased prices. I would get my hands on something ASAP.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 30, 2020, 09:13:24 PM »
The Dennys need to find a new family doctor, one with admitting privileges to a good local hospital.  Any suggestions as to how best to go about this?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 31, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »
One of the things that we need to keep from sliding down the memory hole is all the stores and businesses that were boarded up on Election Eve in fear of the response to a Trump win.  May I ask that we team up and track a bunch of these down for future reference/evidence of the intimidation that was in the air as various political and judicial players made the choices that they did?

Please post in the Electoral thread and any relevant ones as well.

Thank you.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Migration
« Reply #467 on: January 20, 2021, 09:25:49 AM »
Sometimes between now and Friday this forum will be migrating to its new address.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Migration
« Reply #468 on: January 20, 2021, 10:38:57 AM »
Sometimes between now and Friday this forum will be migrating to its new address.

Maybe the front page should be the recent posts page?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 20, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »
Good idea.  First I am going to let Bob handle the logistics, then we can tinker.

ppulatie

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 21, 2021, 09:26:13 AM »
SpartaReport closed down on Jan 6. We were too high profile for some of the mods who either worked for the government or else had contracts with it. A couple of others had businesses that they feared could be targeted by the Left.

New site opened by one commenter where Spartans and others can play.  www.cafe76.org.  Been doing a few articles there to get started.
PPulatie

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2021, 07:31:16 AM »
WWWOOOFFF!!!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 22, 2021, 02:32:47 PM »
Bob says the forum migration will take a few more days.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 26, 2021, 12:35:41 PM »
Heads up!  Looks like our migration to our new location is underway!

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Migration TTT
« Reply #474 on: February 01, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »
quote author=DougMacG
Maybe the front page should be the recent posts page?

Maybe 'recent posts' could be a link in bold on every page?

I wonder if readership dropped with the move or if google and ChiCom bots can find us anyway.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 03, 2021, 02:42:06 PM »
I made an adjustment to the homepage to show recent posts in the notification center under the boards.

Let me know if that works.

The bots have not found this forum yet, but they will. I cleaned over 15,000 bot registrations from about two months in the other forum.

Marc, please make sure you notify me if you need someone approved for registration. Check the top left of the forum to see who is waiting for approval. I can also show you how to do it yourself. You are an admin.
Forum Admin

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 10, 2021, 03:41:44 AM »
Looking for articles on Google employees rejecting doing AI contract for US military or something like that

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 10, 2021, 08:21:17 AM »
Looking for articles on Google employees rejecting doing AI contract for US military or something like that

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2019-google-military-contract-dilemma/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 10, 2021, 10:40:08 PM »
TY!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 24, 2021, 09:16:45 PM »
Looking for footage of Obama being interviewed by Colbert (in October?) where he expresses the desire to have a puppet-- not in those exact words, but pretty damn close.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Obama fine with leading from behind
« Reply #480 on: March 24, 2021, 09:21:31 PM »
Looking for footage of Obama being interviewed by Colbert (in October?) where he expresses the desire to have a puppet-- not in those exact words, but pretty damn close.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/former-president-obama-said-fine-running-front-man-woman-president-earpiece-basement/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 11:48:23 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 24, 2021, 10:58:26 PM »
That is it!  Thank you!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2021, 08:53:49 AM »
I've signed up for NRO but for some strange reason it does not kick in until May.

Could someone please paste this article here?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/the-supreme-thuggery-of-democrats-court-packing-scheme/

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2021, 10:37:07 AM »
I've signed up for NRO but for some strange reason it does not kick in until May.

Could someone please paste this article here?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/the-supreme-thuggery-of-democrats-court-packing-scheme/

The Supreme Thuggery of Democrats’ Court-Packing Scheme
By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY
April 17, 2021 6:30 AM

From left: Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA), Sen. Ed Markey (D-MA), and Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY) introduce the Judiciary Act of 2021 aimed at expanding the Supreme Court from nine to thirteen justices outside the court in Washington, D.C., April 15, 2021. (James Lawler Duggan/Reuters)
The sponsors of this plan are gaslighting the nation with nonsensical explanations.

That settles it. Henceforth, for baseball, we need 13 on the field. You know, for “balance.” After all, when the big leagues started playing the World Series in 1903, there were only 16 teams. Now there are 30. If you’re going to have 30 teams, there should be at least 13 players on each side, right? Maybe even 30!

Okay, okay, it’s a stupid idea. But you’ll have to forgive me: I watched Thursday’s Rockin’ Jerry & the Wokes show on the steps of the Supreme Court, and ever since, I’ve felt much stupider.

According to Congressman Nadler (D., N.Y.) and his progressive posse, the high court must be expanded, from the nine-member body it has been for over 150 years to the 13-member tribunal they say we urgently need it to be, because there are now 13 federal circuit courts of appeal. There were only nine circuits when the Supreme Court was set at nine justices in 1869.

This is nonsense, but that is par for the course, because it is not meant to be taken seriously as an argument.

The Dems’ Court-expansion-and-packing project is not a public-policy proposal. It’s thuggery. That explains the zany rationales Nadler et al. offered for it at their presser. Maybe the number should be 13 because that’s how many times they said “racism” (though I could be low-balling here). Or maybe expanding the Court is infrastructure, or part of the existential climate crisis. Makes total sense. See, the less this has to do with logic, the more the justices will have it in the front of their minds that the Left is crazy enough to do anything at this point, so they’d better be careful how they decide these cases — and even about what cases they decide to decide.

The size of the Supreme Court has nothing to do with the number of circuits — no more than the size of the Ninth Circuit bench (29 judges) has to do with that of the First Circuit’s (nine judges), or than the geographic jurisdiction of the Eighth Circuit (seven states) has to do with that of the Federal Circuit (nationwide for limited categories of cases), or of the District of Columbia Circuit (just the city of Washington).

When constitutional governance began, the Supreme Court had six members, covering three circuits. The lower federal courts — today’s 13 circuit courts of appeal and 94 district courts, in their majestic courthouses — did not exist as we know them today. Supreme Court justices used to “ride circuit” on horseback or in carriages over the rough terrain of our growing country. In the circuits, they’d hear cases with a local district judge. It was a time-consuming, physically demanding, mentally exhausting job.

Congress did not create circuit judgeships — not courts, judgeships — until 1869. That’s the same year it set the high court’s size at nine justices. No less a liberal icon than Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg — who just might have known a tad more than Jerry Nadler about how the Court works — believed nine was just the right number.

Prior to 1869, the size of the Supreme Court bench had varied, from as many as ten justices to as few as five. The numbers were driven by politics, not a perceived need to correlate to the number of circuits.

Yes, when Congress set the number at nine, there were also nine circuits. But that was because Supreme Court justices were still riding circuit. That practice was largely phased out with the Evarts Act of 1891, which established the U.S. circuit courts of appeal. It was completely ended in 1911, when Congress abolished the circuits, transferring their jurisdiction to the district courts.

That is to say, the circuit system that Democrats claim calls for an overdue expansion of the Supreme Court has not existed for more than a century. And when Congress created the system we’ve now had for a very long time, lawmakers concluded, much as Justice Ginsburg concluded, that nine was just the right number of Supreme Court justices.

The woke Left’s circuit-court argument is no more sincere than its laugh-out-loud “balance” argument. If the complaint is that the Court now has a 6–3 conservative majority, why would “balance” require adding four progressives?

But Jerry & Co. were on a roll. The unbalanced conservative majority has ushered in the era of dark, icky corporate campaign money! Yes, that would be the era whose most recent campaign has given Democrats control of the White House and both houses of Congress. The conservative majority is the grossly illegitimate handiwork of, yes, Donald Trump, who also “packed” the lower federal courts. Right. The Court “packing” (a.k.a. filling vacancies) worked so well for Trump that these cat’s-paw jurists rejected each and every one of his challenges to the 2020 election — ensuring Democratic control of Washington, including two years of conveyor-belt judicial confirmations of young progressive firebrands.

The only authentic part of Thursday’s performance came when a reporter asked Nadler why Speaker Nancy Pelosi had not committed to taking up the progs’ Court-expansion proposal. The Judiciary Committee chairman replied that the speaker is wisely monitoring how things develop over the coming months. Right . . . just like Biden’s similar theater, the “Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court.” Just like Obama’s 2012 warning that the justices had better not invalidate Obamacare. (Mission accomplished!) And just like the “amici curiae” brief that Democratic senators filed with the high court in a 2019 gun case — the kind of “friends of the court” whose advice is, “Nice place you have here, it’d sure be a shame if anything happened to it . . .”

Democrats are not really going to expand the Supreme Court. They are going to extort the Supreme Court.

What’s today’s favorite conservative talking point in Washington? “Court-packing is so beyond the pale that even FDR couldn’t get it done at the height of his power, with far bigger congressional majorities than Joe Biden will ever have.” Well, as Paul Harvey used to say, there’s a “rest of the story” that we prefer to forget: Court-packing was actually a smashing success as a threat. The Supreme Court felt FDR’s heat and changed its jurisprudence. As progressives browbeat conservative justices and gradually filled vacancies with liberals, the Court abandoned its defense of the Constitution’s limits on federal government power, laying the groundwork for the imperial presidency, a Congress that concedes no boundaries, and the administrative state.

Do the Democrats really have their eyes on four Supreme Court seats? Yeah, I suppose they do. You can call those seats Roberts, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Barrett.

ANDREW C. MCCARTHY is a senior fellow at National Review Institute, an NR contributing editor, and author of BALL OF COLLUSION: THE PLOT TO RIG AN ELECTION AND DESTROY A PRESIDENCY. @andrewcmccarthy
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:44:07 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2021, 03:52:28 PM »
Thank you.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 29, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
Taking time off. Posting will be little to none for a while.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 29, 2021, 08:14:52 PM »
You will be missed.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 30, 2021, 06:16:04 AM »
Your perspective is needed here.    )

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 30, 2021, 09:12:16 AM »
Amen!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 16, 2021, 09:28:29 PM »
Note to self:  Looking into Dr. Wilfred Reilly.  Just watched him do a one hour interview/conversation with Tucker.  This guy is seriously bright and thoughtful.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_Reilly
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:35:16 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
PW question
« Reply #492 on: June 30, 2021, 04:56:59 AM »
Is there a way to change my PW to the site?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 30, 2021, 07:04:55 AM »
I just notified our webmaster to get in touch with you.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 08, 2021, 06:13:34 AM »
CD
never heard from webmaster
just want to change PW for security purposes

thank you
ccp

Admin

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 08, 2021, 08:36:38 AM »

You can change your password in the account settings menu. See screenshot above.
Forum Admin

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Where is the Tucker NSA thread?
« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2021, 10:19:29 AM »
You'd think "Tucker NSA" or "Tucker surveillance" would bring it up....

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 19, 2021, 05:03:05 AM »
I set Search for "Tucker" in the body of the post for the last 99 days and came up with this:

https://firehydrantoffreedom.com/index.php?topic=1872.msg136031;topicseen#msg136031

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
AGAIN looking for that Conn. Supreme Court Gun Rights decision!!!
« Reply #498 on: August 16, 2021, 08:56:50 AM »
Diving deep into prepping my Const. Law class and having trouble AGAIN finding this.  Apologies!  Gratitude for help!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 18, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »
SUPER busy at my end for the next several days.

Could someone assemble some well chosen URLs of ISIS rolling up US arms taken from fleeing Iraqi army after Baraq-Biden precipitously pulled us out of Iraq?