Author Topic: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant/Self Intro  (Read 282469 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rules of the Road/Fire Hydrant
« Reply #200 on: July 23, 2013, 09:15:59 PM »
Hey Crafty,

Would it be possible to change my nick to "Carlos Danger"? It's the coolest nick ever. I promise not to do anything disgusting, I'll leave that to  guys running for mayor in NYC.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
Just finished a seminar in Chicago (good times with Pete, Carlos, and friends 8-) )  On to visit my mom tomorrow in upstate NY, then to Bern for the Euro Gathering.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 07, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
There is an official foto of Obama taken just before he takes the oath of office for the first time wherein the hubristic an narcissistic expression on his face is something to behold.  I've looked for it on the Glibness thread and the 2008 Presidential thread.  Help please!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
There is an official foto of Obama taken just before he takes the oath of office for the first time wherein the hubristic an narcissistic expression on his face is something to behold.  I've looked for it on the Glibness thread and the 2008 Presidential thread.  Help please!

I'll try to find it after my tactical shotgun class.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »
On the road this week.  Will do what I can to contribute.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »

This?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »
A classic shot no doubt, but the one I am thinking of is of him looking at himself in a mirror with a remarkably smug look on his face (on the day he was to take the oath of office for the first time?)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
A classic shot no doubt, but the one I am thinking of is of him looking at himself in a mirror with a remarkably smug look on his face (on the day he was to take the oath of office for the first time?)

Ok, I think I know that pic.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 25, 2013, 06:45:54 PM »
Body by Guiness came by this evening and joined Antone and me for dinner  8-)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 07:27:54 PM by Crafty_Dog »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »

Ok, I think I know that pic.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Narcissus
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2013, 07:29:33 PM »
Though I remember it as a full body shot this may well be the one  8-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Hanakah!
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
Thanksgiving Proclamation
President George Washington
City of New York, October 3, 1789

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor, and Whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be. That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks, for his kind care and protection of the People of this country previous to their becoming a Nation, for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his providence, which we experienced in the course and conclusion of the late war, for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed, for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted, for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions, to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually, to render our national government a blessing to all the People, by constantly being a government of wise, just and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed, to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shown kindness unto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord. To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease of science among them and Us, and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:44:51 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2014, 03:11:16 PM »
Leaving for Switzerland and France in a few minutes.  Will have internet while I am there.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2014, 12:03:51 PM »
Woof from Paris. Heading home tomorrow.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2014, 09:44:22 AM »
I cannot reply to the Putin thread.  No "reply" link comes up. 

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »
Try now.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2014, 10:43:38 AM »
Still only get "notify"

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »
Try again.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2014, 10:44:32 AM »
To all my good friends of that break-away faction of Judaism known as Christianity my warmest good wishes and prayers on this Good Friday-Easter weekend.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2014, 09:03:47 AM »
To all my good friends of that break-away faction of Judaism known as Christianity my warmest good wishes and prayers on this Good Friday-Easter weekend.

Your kind words are well-received from the break-away faction and the wishes go both ways!  I get to celebrate with family and pray in the Christian church this weekend.  During the past week enjoyed Passover leftovers with friends.  With all of that I feel doubly blessed - and then some.   :-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2014, 09:07:51 AM »
 :-D

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2014, 12:23:05 PM »
I'm looking for a relatively recent piece by Mitt Romney which begins with a quote from Shakespeare about "moments in the tides of men" , , ,

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 12, 2014, 03:09:44 PM »
I'm looking for a relatively recent piece by Mitt Romney which begins with a quote from Shakespeare about "moments in the tides of men" , , ,

http://www.redstate.com/2014/03/18/mitt-romney-foreign-policy-oops-reset-button/

That it?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 12, 2014, 04:50:58 PM »
A nice find but Big Dog just popped the exact one I had in mind in my email box:  http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304747404579445170801186310
It uses the same Shakespeare quote.

MikeT

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Unified Martial Arts
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »
Hi, my name is Mike, Crafty asked me to come by and introduce myself here...  I am a nearly 30 year practitioner of various martial arts; including Shorin-Ryu karate; Matayoshi Kobudo; Yamashita Suikendo; and to lesser extents; kali, judo, boxing/kick/ thaiboxing and jiujitsu.  Although I have followed and admired DBMA ‘from afar’ for some time, I was invited here by Marc after making his acquaintance on FB.

As my connection to Marc was primarily a shared interest in ‘things political’, I suppose maybe I should ‘declare’ or introduce myself in that regard, as well...  I’m a fairly staunch conservative who believes that almost above all things the US needs to ‘reground’ itself back closer to founding principles;  I.e. that what we need in the US regardless of personal party affiliation is a ‘Constitutional Reformation’ of sorts (in the sense that the latter word is typically applied to religion).  Socially I’m a mostly-libertarian, but fiscally and defense wise I’m a pretty arch Reagan-conservative who believes strongly in small government, a strong military, equality with responsibility for everyone, and in the US looking out for both our own interests and the interests of our allies where it needs to.

I also fashion myself to be somehwat a student of history; of late focused especially on events surrounding the US Colonial period; and martial arts wise, I'm fairly well versed in the history of Okinawan martial arts in particular and in some of their roots in SE Asia.  Trainig wise, my interests for the last five to ten years have been on 'improving' traditional training via the application of 'modern' methods more closely associated with sport and RBSD training.  Looking forward to some good discussions, I hope.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2014, 12:06:20 PM »
Mike's posts on my FB page on the Mideast FUBAR impressed me enough that I pasted some of them here and invited him to join us.  I think we will be glad.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
Welcome!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2014, 03:20:14 PM »
Cool. Glad to have you here.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2014, 07:41:09 AM »
Off to Illinois.  Back Monday. TAC!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:07 AM »
I am having trouble finding a surprisingly thoughtful piece by the former mayor of NYC (Blumenthal? Bloomberg?) on fracking

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »
I am having trouble finding a surprisingly thoughtful piece by the former mayor of NYC (Blumenthal? Bloomberg?) on fracking

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=1096.msg80668#msg80668

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:10 PM »
That's the one-- thank you! I have no idea where my search commands did not find it.

Now, another one if I may.  I am lookng for my posts of my 1992 Congressional campaign.

RSB

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2014, 05:03:05 PM »
Hi, my name is Robert, and am friends with Guro Marc, and Carlos Flores on facebook, where I "talk" politics with Marc, and workouts with Carlos :)
I'm 43, and have been practicing martial arts of various forms since I was 6, when I started Boxing. I've never stuck with any one thing, as I've always been interested in everything. The arts that have stood out the most for me, have been Boxing, Wing Chun, Judo, Aikido, and Hung Gar, but what the body can do in defense of itself, has always been ahead of ranks in styles. I have found myself loving FMA in general though, especially Panantukan.......Go figure, I started with Boxing :P
I'm a Christian Conservative Republican, along the lines of Reagan, and George Washington, if I had to choose. I believe in limited government, as they are only supposed to be there to create a safe environment for the purpose of our individual growth, to the benefit of us all. Strong individual States......United. Just the way I see things. I look forward to sharing and learning with and from you guys. Thank you Guro Marc for inviting me, and thank the rest of you for having me :)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2014, 06:11:29 PM »
Welcome aboard RSB!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:55 PM »
Welcome RSB.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »
Yes, welcome Robert!.
"I'm a Christian Conservative Republican."
There aren't many places where you can say that anymore, lol.

"along the lines of Reagan, and George Washington, if I had to choose. I believe in limited government, as they are only supposed to be there to create a safe environment for the purpose of our individual growth, to the benefit of us all. Strong individual States......United."

Very well put! That is a message I wish we could share with the tens of millions of people who have recently become disillusioned with the false promises of big government liberalism.

Imagine for a second that we allowed, even encouraged people to prosper without limit instead of stomping out success,  And then in a Judeo-Christian spirit, the people who succeed help others who actually need and deserve help.  Those who achieve and give back would feel rewarded instead of robbed and those receiving help would feel thankful, instead of entitled.  It is a debate or question I call tax vs. charity.  I would like to hear a liberal explain why that wouldn't work in place of the all-powerful government system that is failing so badly.  The liberal argument comes down to condescension; people are too greedy to help others without coercion, but that isn't true.

Anyway, welcome and see on the other threads...

RSB

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2014, 07:48:50 PM »
"I would like to hear a liberal explain why that wouldn't work in place of the all-powerful government system that is failing so badly."
I'm sure we've all heard them explain it before. They call it the "good ole' boy system", "where the rich only help their friends". Reality of course, is they choose to help ones that actually try, as you say. But not everyone wants to try. Some want success to be instant and worry free, like on TV, and they don't really care if they take it, and live off the efforts and sacrifices of others. So long is it doesn't mess with their fairies and unicorns :P
Thanks for the welcome! I'll check things out :)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2014, 07:53:57 PM »
Notice that we strive for "thread coherency" i.e. look to use existing threads.   Take a few minutes to scroll through some pages of subject headings and you will begin to get an idea.   Notice that many threads are many years old.  Notice the number of reads that various threads get and the ratio of reads to threads.   Having things organized this way makes this forum a very valuable research tool in my opinion.  Also, make good use of the Subject line-- this facilitates search commands.

RSB

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2014, 08:51:54 PM »
Yes sir. It's amazing at just how many posts there are :O
I think I will take a few days of reading to get a feel for the flow.
Thank you once again :)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2014, 09:10:41 AM »
Off to Japan.  Back on Monday.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2014, 10:35:43 AM »
Off to Japan.  Back on Monday.

Be sure to avoid the self cooking sushi.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 06, 2014, 04:17:55 PM »
I am receiving some holocaust and WWII information from a war buddy of my Dad.  Can you please suggest a topic for posting these.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 07, 2014, 06:51:31 PM »
On SCH there is History, American History, and Totalitarianism.   Does your material fit in any of these?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »
Off to Mex City in 90 minutes.  Back Monday night.  Don't know how much internet I will have while there.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 24, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »
Off to Alberta, Canada!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 24, 2014, 02:18:48 PM »
The Cognitive Dissonace thread now has 200,000 reads!  Well done gentlemen!

PS:  Political Rants is closing in on 300,000  8-)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 12, 2014, 05:44:48 PM »
Looking for a post along the lines of "What if the Palestinians had chosen peace?" but not finding it so far.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 12, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »
Looking for a post along the lines of "What if the Palestinians had chosen peace?" but not finding it so far.

Who posted it? When?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2014, 08:36:48 AM »
Thank you Doug.