Author Topic: Michael Yon  (Read 28603 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 08:52:56 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Yon
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2021, 07:08:55 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:18 PM »
FUSA?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 21, 2021, 04:52:55 PM »
FUSA?

Fallen or Former United States of America.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
MUST READ! Michael Yon
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2021, 04:58:31 AM »
https://www.michaelyon-online.com/paradigm-adjustments.htm

Paradigm Adjustments

Published: Sunday, 24 October 2021 20:23
Colorado
Mind-dump, sans edit

Keep adjusting your world view until you no longer are surprised. If you are surprised by this, try adjusting your paradigm to something like, "This has nothing to do with health. The Beast is using information war to destroy our military. And more. Defund the Police. Is a hostile takeover. Opening the borders is a hostile takeover. Breaking the economy is a hostile takeover. The Beast is setting conditions for authentic genocide."

If you try my current paradigm for just a week, you be unsurprised at ships off the coast unable to unload, forced jabs with untested chemicals into children's arms. Or, maybe the chemicals actually were heavily tested, say, on Uighurs. Don't laugh. Don't scoff. This readily fits a paradigm that is not another wild conspiracy.

I have been saying since January 2020. In January 2020, I said clearly

on interviews and published in writing numerous times that restaurants and travel might close.
I bought ivermectin and HCQ in March of 2020. I bought ivermectin on Amazon in April 2020.

Because my paradigm has been amazingly accurate on general predictions. There are huge numbers of people out there still rushing for boosters who either never heard of things like ivermectin and Regeneron, or their paradigms are so primitive that they believe that my avoiding the untested chemicals, and going for the highly tested and probably highly efficacious FLCCC protocols, is a political statement.

Remember, Trump rushed these chemicals to market. And indemnified the makers. Now, how will those last two sentences fit into a paradigm that wishing to live is a political statement? Team-Trump appears to have been suckered into this by The Beast. But he did, at minimum, take the bait.

Now, many of Team Trump realize this was a massive error and quickly adjusted -- as good leaders do.

Yet the Beast Grows.

I avoid most specific predictions such as "what is the spark?" I look at Conditions, and use the paradigm to predict future Conditions. Because I keep tweaking my paradigm to fit new information.

We are under attack. That is my paradigm. Under my paradigm, we will go into civil war, and The Beast will make a naked stab at genocide. The Beast is laying genocide traps everywhere. And those tech giant owners -- if they think they will be running the show, they are fools. The Beast will use them up and finally show them that real power flows out of the barrel of a gun. The Beast will take their companies and their lives.

I masked up late on 11 January because I am a war correspondent and Pandemic and Famine always are running partners. I also spent years running around in or living in communist, or recently communist countries, and countries that were under communist attack, such as a year in Nepal.

The communists won and somehow made Nepal even worse, which was pretty hard to do. But communist Beast can make a turd taste worse.

I have watched pandemics for years and read almost 60 books on the topic. And so, I masked up in early January. And since I read so much on pandemic and history of pandemic, I was well-informed that taking a rushed jab is pretty much like juggling chainsaws and whiskey bottles.

I bet a box of crackers that Alec Baldwin immediately took the jab. Because he does not study. He talks, and makes important moves before checking the runway.

PanFaWar: Pandemic, Famine, War. If you get a big dose of any one of these, you will get the other two. You can find plenty of examples in history books. In the Bible, for that matter. Our ancestors knew this.

In this case, the real Pandemic is false and coercive information.

I've seen many people surprised that they were being fired by military, police, fire departments, media. Or they say they think the powers that be will see the light. They already do see the light. You WILL be fired in many cases. In some cases, resistance will work.

But the idea is not to defund police 'to end brutality.' The idea is to empower real terrorists -- who will own the military, intelligence apparatus, police, and more. Remember Obama saying don't worry about metadata? Metadata is a large part of your recent life history. We kill people with metadata. I personally saw this many times in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's super easy.

Yes, they will ditch all the SEALs if they can get away with it. They already coerced military officers and NCOs to persuade people that women should be allowed into Ranger school and infantry, saying standards would never be dropped. The Beast lies. And The Beast fines people with medals who will lie for it, or it hands out medals to people who will do Bidding of the Beast.

Try my paradigm for a week. Look around. Does what you see make sense under my paradigm? There could be alternative explanations. We must adjust our collective paradigm until we are no longer surprised, and can predict what The Beast will do next. Because either we beat The Beast, or it will kill us.

Remember all my livestreams and posts in February 2020, when I was saying in clear terms that the life you once knew is over. 2019 is dead. We will never return to 2019 'normal.' The faster you can adjust to knew conditions, the better off your family will be.

And I would say many times in early 2020, that 2020 will be something most of us never experienced, and 2021 will be an entirely new world. I said this many times. And I will say this -- 2021 is just a warm up. 2022 will be far more intense.

You are at war. Ready or not.

Watch video: https://michaelyon.locals.com/upost/1206334/paradigm-adjustments

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ! Michael Yon
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2021, 05:38:50 AM »
"(We) are at war. Ready or not."

- Fight back or retreat?

Until guns are (visibly) drawn (by them), this is an information war.

Fight back or retreat?

I will be dead the day I (involuntarily) decide to quit fighting back.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 05:41:22 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2021, 06:07:19 AM »
I am quite proud of the work that our merry band here has been doing for YEARS to fight the lies.  We fight for the Consitutional Republic our Founding Fathers gave us!

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: MUST READ! Michael Yon
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2021, 07:36:06 AM »
"(We) are at war. Ready or not."

- Fight back or retreat?

Until guns are (visibly) drawn (by them), this is an information war.

Fight back or retreat?

I will be dead the day I (involuntarily) decide to quit fighting back.

Have guns and be ready to use them.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2021, 02:53:52 PM »
In the meantime, give Michael Yon money.  Set up an ongoing monthly donation so he can budget efficiently.

https://michaelyon.locals.com/upost/1211180/fight-the-beast

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Pure Bloods
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2021, 10:07:36 PM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2021, 04:49:17 AM »
Michael Yon's War
By David W. Brown
JUNE 1, 2010
It began with a bridge. On the morning of March 1, a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated on Tarnak River Bridge near Kandahar, Afghanistan, killing multiple civilians and one American soldier. While the destruction of a single bridge might ordinarily pose a mere inconvenience to the U.S. war machine, in the oppressive terrain of Afghanistan it became a logistical chokepoint, halting ground-based operations for days
War correspondent Michael Yon sought the answer to an uncomfortable question: who was responsible for the security of that bridge?

Yon is no ordinary reporter. A former Green Beret with U.S. Army Special Forces, he has spent more time embedded in Iraq and Afghanistan than any other journalist. His dispatches have produced some of the most memorable combat narratives of the war, and a large share of its most iconic images. Make no mistake; Michael Yon is not a dispassionate observer of the Columbia J-School variety. When writing about U.S. forces, he says "we." When writing about insurgents, he calls them terrorists or Taliban. And when reporting failures in the war effort, he names names. This has earned him both the respect and ire of senior military staff. In the case of the Tarnak River Bridge, the name most repeatedly mentioned as responsible for its security was Daniel Menard, the Canadian brigadier general in charge of Task Force Kandahar. Yon went public with this information.

In an effort to divert the finger of blame from a valued coalition partner, the military reeled and offered instead a bewildering explanation of which task force was responsible for the tiny bridge, and when. In an email reproduced by Yon, one officer summed the situation up as "a messy gray area that has changed hands a few times." Yon doubted the veracity of the official story, and dug in with continued criticism of General Menard, ultimately demanding his firing. While the bridge incident passed, Menard remained in Yon's crosshairs, and when the Canadian general accidentally discharged his weapon on post soon thereafter, Yon reported it as a symbol of the officer's incompetence. (General Menard was later found guilty of negligence in a court martial.)

In 2009, at the direction of President Obama, General Stanley McChrystal launched an assessment of the campaign in Afghanistan, and recommended a troop surge and counterinsurgency strategy to reverse deterioration in the region. Three years prior, with the world's attention focused on Iraq, Michael Yon was one of the first correspondents to report the tide in Afghanistan shifting to the Taliban's favor. As he described it, the country had devolved into a "consummate narco-state" and "a hunting lodge for our special operations forces." He added, "Since the Afghan campaign has been largely a special forces war from the beginning, we have been able to transition with great secrecy from near victory, to abysmal performance, to what has now become a sustainable human-hunting resort."

However, having reported first-hand the spiraling of Iraq into civil war, and witnessed the subsequent, successful troop surge under the aegis of President Bush and leadership of General David Petraeus, Yon expressed confidence in both McChrystal and the new Afghanistan strategy. This confidence was short lived.

There are conflicting stories about what happened next. His public feud against General Menard was not Michael Yon's first campaign against an ally. He'd previously called out British Minister of Defense Bob Ainsworth over his country's lack of in-theater air support. "Mr. Ainsworth is lying to the British public about the helicopter issue in Afghanistan. Mr. Ainsworth tells the British public that British soldiers have enough helicopters. British troops are suffering -- even dying -- for those lies. Mr. Ainsworth is, in effect, murdering British soldiers by not resourcing them." To be sure, alienating America's key partner in the coalition did not endear him to the commanding generals running the war. But from Yon's perspective, he was reporting simple truths and protecting the lives of soldiers in the field.

His next embed would prove to be his final in the region. Yon was assigned to the 5th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, where he has a strong relationship with its command sergeant major, Robb Prosser. "I spent five months in combat with CSM Prosser in Iraq, and we were roommates in Afghanistan. CSM Prosser earned a Silver Star and I was feet away from him when he performed the actions that earned that honor. People who know me know that I remain ready to go." After three months with the 5/2, Yon received the news. According to a message he sent out on Facebook: "McChrystal's crew has spoken: Embed is ended. This comes from McChrystal's own spokesman (through one CPT Jane Campbell USN cc RADM Greg Smith and COL Wayne Shanks USA). This lends confirmation to ideas that the disembed came from McChrystal's crew. (If not before, 100% now.) McChrystal cannot be trusted to tell the truth about this war. Packing my bags."

The official reason for ending his embed was a simple go at fairness. In spite of a written agreement to remain with 5/2 until redeployment, Michael Yon had already been embedded far longer than most journalists could expect, conceive, or endure. With a backlog of over one hundred reporters eager to cover the war, a decision had to be made, and his time was simply up.

Yon disagrees. He questions the timing of his rescinded embed status, coming on the threshold of the most significant combat operation in theater since 9/11, and on the back of a series of setbacks by coalition forces. Marjah, Afghanistan, for example was to be a showcase of success as seen during the Iraq surge. "Those showcases had a dramatic positive effect in Iraq, and also at home in the United States. We saw success was possible." He continues, "General Petraeus had both sides of his mind working, and so when success began to happen the media was there to cover the good job." In the absence of success, Yon believes the military ended his embed to stifle an independent voice and steer coverage to a less experienced, more docile stenographer pool of reporters. "If McChrystal is perceived to fail in Kandahar, the Taliban will just about have us in media checkmate for 2011.  This can have tremendous negative consequences and the Taliban leadership fully understands that."

Though he has relocated to Thailand to report on the civil unrest there, he still covers Afghanistan from afar and remains critical of General McChrystal's leadership. "Today, I do not trust McChrystal anymore than some people trust the New York Times, Obama or Bush. If McChrystal could be trusted, I would go back to my better life. McChrystal is a great killer but this war is above his head."

Some military bloggers believe Yon is lashing out spitefully, and that his words would be tempered and his outlook positive if he were still in-country. Some further suggest that he has simply spent too long in the combat zone, and has lost grip on reality. To be sure, neither side of the hyper-partisan blogosphere has much to gain by negative press coming from Afghanistan. On the left, failure would be a blow to "Obama's war," the "good war" to which the president has added nearly seventy thousand troops. On the right, failure would mar not only a war considered just, but also a neoconservative tent pole of democracy in the region. Yon dismisses most military blogs not written by embeds or troops in the field as political "milkookery."

The most pressing question, then, is can Michael Yon be trusted? His dispatches from Thailand have been acclaimed and widely read - certainly not the work of a man on the ledge. And history tends to vindicate Yon's judgement. Never afraid to put his reputation on the line, he was among the first to call Iraq a civil war in 2005, among the first to single out General Petreaus as the man to save the war, among the first to report the success of the Iraq surge, and among the first to report the collapsing campaign in Afghanistan. Yon's credibility was bolstered last week when his Canadian nemesis General Daniel Menard was relieved of command for an inappropriate relationship with a member of his staff, proof positive to Yon of his unsuitability for key leadership.

If Michael Yon was right about everything else, should his word not be heeded when he writes, "McChrystal is bent over the coffin of the Afghan war with a hammer in his hand and a mouth full of nails"? When asked for his thoughts on the general state of the war, he says one must be intuitive rather than deductive. "Innumerable wild cards are always flying and so the best that one can do is study hard and watch and listen and give it time to mix." If a reliance on feelings alone is hardly the metric from which one should draft a war plan, consider the recent words of General McChrystal. The purpose of the Marjah operation was to create an "irreversible feeling of momentum," but, "You don't feel it here but I'll tell you, it's a bleeding ulcer outside."

Yon believes the war can still be won, but that a change of command is in order. At this level of warfare, he says, "McChrystal is like a man who has strapped on ice skates for the first time. He might be a great athlete, but he's learning to skate during the Olympics." Yon adds that publicly denouncing the commanding general of a war is not an easy thing for him to do, especially considering it means crossing swords with General Petraeus and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, two men he greatly admires. Indeed, if anyone can turn this war around, Yon believes it is General Petraeus. He concedes such a return to the battlefield is unlikely, and suggests another general whose name fewer people have heard. "General James Mattis from the Marines.  I get a good feeling about Mattis but I don't know. General Petraeus is a known entity and he is solid gold."

Short of that, Yon's outlook is bleak. "Even if the President commits more forces [next year], they will not be effective until 2012.  By that time, more allies likely will have peeled off, requiring us to commit even more forces to cover down. We lost crucial time in building the Afghan National Police and Afghan National Army and so forth, and today we are paying the price. This is not to mention that the Afghan government is sorry at best and criminal at worst."

He concludes, "The trajectory of this war leaves a sick feeling in my stomach.  It's as if I've watched a space shuttle liftoff while sitting at launch control, with full knowledge that it will abort to the Indian Ocean. We are trying to reach orbit with insufficient fuel."

Presently, Michael Yon continues to cover the situation in Thailand. As long as General McChrystal is in charge, his days as an embedded reporter are finished, though he intends to return to Afghanistan independently in the near future.

David W. Brown is a writer based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is the author of One Inch From Earth, and his site is dwb.io.

This is your last free article.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 05:12:40 AM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2021, 06:46:38 AM »
Much appreciated!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User