Author Topic: 2024  (Read 65487 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2024
« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2023, 08:21:53 AM »
The Left knows the big elections are won in the small elections and put out the word up, down and sideways to find every vote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/20/this-wisconsin-judicial-election-could-decide-the-next-us-president

Meanwhile so called freedom sites put out the word it's over, we lost, your vote doesn't matter, give up.

What's wrong with this picture?

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2023, 08:47:57 AM »
The Left knows the big elections are won in the small elections and put out the word up, down and sideways to find every vote:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/20/this-wisconsin-judicial-election-could-decide-the-next-us-president

Meanwhile so called freedom sites put out the word it's over, we lost, your vote doesn't matter, give up.

What's wrong with this picture?

Some people understand that you aren't going to win a rigged game.

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
Not even interested in the elections where they rig it, see link in my post.

I want to be as far away from that defeated view as I can get.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2023, 09:41:16 AM »
Not even interested in the elections where they rig it, see link in my post.

I want to be as far away from that defeated view as I can get.

You misspelled realist.

Who went to jail for stealing the 2020 election? How about 2022?

Let me guess, you are going to VOTE EVEN HARDER in 2024!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2023, 01:12:21 PM »
GM: 

Your opinion on this is well known, shouting is not necessary.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 29, 2023, 06:28:00 AM »
Trump was Hannity again last night
listened for at most 1 minute when he was already boasting about his trade deals
and he started to mention Putin (would have never invaded if he was Prez)
I changed the station .

Can't take him anymore;  it comes from my gut . I may be getting sick with TDS.
 :-o
Will only vote for him if he is the last Republican standing

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 29, 2023, 07:06:31 AM »
Well, IMHO he is right that Putin would not have invaded , , ,

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Pompeo on Trump
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2023, 02:33:35 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/pompeo-dismisses-trumps-ukraine-pledge-no-idea-what-hes-talking-about-1791329?fbclid=IwAR1Lki0v2Y0w_2fPxDbTIoE283AksId3-y8KzIPSBVRer6O-9N6VY5nt5Hw

Everyone knows.

Ukraine is a neutral buffer state, no NATO alignment.

It could have been done last year the the deep state sooper geniuses thought they were going to shatter Russia into pieces.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:15:51 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 02, 2023, 01:26:52 PM »
I am thinking Asa Hutchinson's political career belongs in the garbage bins along with Chris Christie's

looking at his wiki page he has been an advocate for conservative policies in the past
but his last 6 yrs of showing up only on Left wing media ( to the absolute delight of Left media propaganda pundits )

is tantamount to throwing any conservative credentials also into the Garbage bin along with the rest.

funny how these rinos get a mucho traction with LEFT wing media who like to USE them but would never really endorse them.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:47:37 PM by ccp »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 02, 2023, 01:37:17 PM »
All RINOs suck.

It's all grift.

I am thinking Asa Hutchinson's political career belongs in the garbage bins along with Chris Christie's

looking at his wiki page he has been an advocate for conservative policies in the past
but his last 6 yrs of showing up only on Left wing media ( to the absolute delight of Left media propaganda pundits )

is tantamount to throwing any conservative credentials also into the Garbage bin along with the rest.

funny how these rinos get a mucho traction with LEFT wind media who like to USE them but would never really endorse them.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 02, 2023, 06:10:14 PM »
Mark Penn has impressed me in previous appearances on FOX as someone who can speak Truth to his Tribe.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 02, 2023, 06:11:56 PM »
Mark Penn has impressed me in previous appearances on FOX as someone who can speak Truth to his Tribe.

His tribe is immune to truth.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Trump following the script to a T
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2023, 10:26:32 AM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/trumps-indictment-strategy/

same crap
endlessly
the LEFT making him the issue
him playing right into it of course

and he never can get above 50%
because he is so toxic

he wins we lose
that is how I see it.
unless the dems can truly not come up with anyone other then Biden

why cannot we get a candidate who I WANT to vote for
not the lesser of two lousy candidates

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Trump following the script to a T
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2023, 01:52:54 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/trumps-indictment-strategy/

same crap
endlessly
the LEFT making him the issue
him playing right into it of course

and he never can get above 50%
because he is so toxic

he wins we lose
that is how I see it.
unless the dems can truly not come up with anyone other then Biden

why cannot we get a candidate who I WANT to vote for
not the lesser of two lousy candidates

What should Trump do then?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2023, 03:00:40 PM »
For starters?

Be a mensch. 

Run on his positives, not demagogue DeSantis. 

Commit to supporting whoever wins the nomination.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 03:07:09 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
be a mensch
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2023, 04:35:45 PM »
https://www.thejc.com/news/all/what-is-a-mensch-1.64427

"A mensch, in Yiddish, is a person of integrity, morality, dignity, with a sense of what is right and responsible. But mensch is more than just an old Yiddish adage. It is relevant now, across the world, more than ever… “To be a mensch is to be supportive. To be a friend, to be calm in troubled times"

Trump  the mensch

wouldn't that be nice
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 04:39:40 PM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
VDH on 2024
« Reply #372 on: April 06, 2023, 07:04:25 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 07, 2023, 09:07:15 AM »
CCP and GM:  Agreed!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 09:36:26 AM by Crafty_Dog »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Zeihan predicts the winner
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2023, 03:56:03 PM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 08, 2023, 08:01:24 AM »
the above is a "fun" analysis

time will tell.

Biden will win - all he has to do is NOT DIE !  :-o
(the LEFT will carry push him over in a wheelchair)

The LEFT would like to make it about Trump - OTOH, Trump and his sycophants  spin this to - they are after me because they are "afraid of me" [total fantasy]

Ironic , I fear Trump will bring US  down to defeat AGAIN , while the LEFT would love for him to be the candidate in '24 .   

Indeed they are tying DeSantis to Trump (he is worse then Trump) just in case.

But what if Biden does croak ? 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 08:06:33 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 08, 2023, 03:50:28 PM »
forgot which station I was watching but just saw some Dem strategist saying how Dems would just LOVE for the R candidate to be DJT.

All the while basically ignoring the problems we face and simply make it a referendum of him

He was right out front saying what we posted here.

We have got to get rid of him

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
ok, now what are we going to do?
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2023, 06:24:46 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Tucker says I am right
« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2023, 06:42:50 PM »
Tucker joined me tonight in predicting Gavin Newsome as the Dem nominee for 2024.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2023, 09:42:39 AM »

HE’S RONNING… DAILY CALLER EXCLUSIVE: Ron DeSantis Quietly Staffs Up For His Presidential Campaign

At least two dozen of Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ 2022 campaign employees are currently on the payroll of the Florida Republican Party, according to the party’s Q1 2023 expenditure report.

DeSantis and his team have been coy about the governor’s presidential aspirations, with the governor speaking in hypothetical terms about his candidacy and declining to directly confront front-runner former President Donald Trump. The Florida GOP’s filings with Secretary of State Cord Byrd’s office tell a different story, however. The state party’s expenditures list includes payroll for 24 current or former employees of the DeSantis campaign, including former state press secretary Christina Pushaw.

The Florida GOP’s hiring of speechwriter Nate Hochman and former DeSantis congressional aide Dustin Carmack have been previously reported, but the DeSantis team’s broader staffing strategy has not. The Daily Caller was tipped to the story when one Florida Republican staffer emailed from a rondesantis.com email address while purporting to do business for the state GOP.

The DeSantis campaign gave nearly $9.6 million to the state GOP in 2022, according to campaign documents filed with the Secretary of State’s office, and has paid the party more than $200,000 as a vendor during Q1 2023. The state GOP returned $3 million to Friends of Ron DeSantis, the official DeSantis campaign committee, in Q1 2023.

Florida GOP chairman Christian Ziegler told the Daily Caller that the state Republican Party supports DeSantis “just as any state party does for the sitting Governor of their state.”

DESANTIS BACKERS RELEASE AD… RAMASWAMY KNOCKS… Vivek Ramaswamy Slams DeSantis After Pro-DeSantis Super PAC Releases First Ad For Potential Presidential Bid

Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy criticized Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis after the Never Back Down super PAC released an ad Thursday promoting DeSantis’ potential 2024 presidential bid.

“The jig is up. We know Ron is running for president. He wants to be able to coordinate with his super PAC to keep filling his campaign coffers. It’s what most career politicians would do. But it’s dishonest and fake,” Ramaswamy told the Daily Caller.

Ramaswamy is an author and businessman running a self-funded presidential campaign. He initially supported DeSantis for the Republican nomination before jumping into the race as an outsider, he told Daily Caller News Editor Grayson Quay in an exclusive interview.

Never Back Down is a super PAC supporting DeSantis’ widely anticipated presidential campaign. The group rolled out its first pro-DeSantis ad Thursday, highlighting the governor’s opposition to COVID-19 lockdowns and his support for parents’ rights in education.

NEW ‘SMEAR’ AD ATTACKS DESANTIS FOR ALLEGEDLY EATING PUDDING WITH HIS FINGERS… DAILY BEAST: MAGA Attack Ad Rips Into Ron DeSantis’ Gross Pudding Habits (VIDEO)

A new MAGA ad has gone after Ron DeSantis by recreating his truly disturbing method of eating chocolate pudding with his fingers. The Daily Beast first reported the chilling incident involving the Florida governor, which is now being used to attack his political record. “Ron DeSantis loves sticking his fingers where they don’t belong,” the ad, which aired during Fox & Friends on Friday morning, says as a man in a suit sits down to eat pudding with three of his fingers.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2023, 10:21:35 AM »
"NEW ‘SMEAR’ AD ATTACKS DESANTIS FOR ALLEGEDLY EATING PUDDING WITH HIS FINGERS… DAILY BEAST: MAGA Attack Ad Rips Into Ron DeSantis’ Gross Pudding Habits (VIDEO)

A new MAGA ad has gone after Ron DeSantis by recreating his truly disturbing method of eating chocolate pudding with his fingers. The Daily Beast first reported the chilling incident involving the Florida governor, which is now being used to attack his political record. “Ron DeSantis loves sticking his fingers where they don’t belong,” the ad, which aired during Fox & Friends on Friday morning, says as a man in a suit sits down to eat pudding with three of his fingers."

:roll:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Don v Ron brawl is inevitable
« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2023, 11:54:13 AM »
The Irrepressible Conflict
Auguste Meyrat
President Trump Meets With Governors-Elect In The Cabinet Room Of White House
Yes, a Don/Ron brawl is inevitable.

Politics is a fickle thing, particularly in today’s ever-churning news cycle. Before winning back people’s support and sympathy with his recent indictment, Donald Trump was upsetting everyone for his comments at a recent rally in Waco, Texas. The former president went off against potential rival Governor Ron DeSantis, characterizing him as a weak politician who owes his rise to prominence almost exclusively to Trump’s support: “I did rallies for Ron, massive rallies, and they were very successful. So we got him the nomination. We then got him the election.”

Trump also claimed that DeSantis inherited a state that was already well governed: “Florida was tremendously successful under Rick Scott…. [And] whether you like him or not, Charlie Crist was very successful, he was a Republican at the time.” As multiple outlets have reported, this was met with awkward silence. Most conservatives, including those at Trump’s rally, actually like DeSantis. It was obviously uncomfortable to hear this kind of thing.

So many conservative voices have expressed their disapproval of Trump’s tactics. They argue that his insults are petty, wrong, and demonstrative of insecurity. It doesn’t seem like this reasoning has changed with the indictment, as The Babylon Bee demonstrated with the (admittedly hilarious) headline, “Trump Uses His One Phone Call to Ring Up Ron DeSantis And Yell At Him.” If only Trump used his influence to unite the party against Biden and talk about issues close to Americans, he would look more presidential and pull in more support from independents.

As reasonable as this sounds, this argument happens to be completely wrong—just ask every failed Republican candidate for president who has tried this. In his criticisms of DeSantis, Trump demonstrates that he understands politics far better than these pundits who discuss politics on a daily basis. In order to win the nomination as well as the general election, now’s the time to flatten the competition, speak inconvenient truths, and take up all the media attention he can.

It should be well known by now that when it comes to running for president, nice guys finish last. Anyone who shows the slightest weakness will be pushed aside and forgotten—even a world-famous brain surgeon like Ben Carson. Candidates have to start showing aggression early in the primary. Marco Rubio was a frontrunner in 2016 for his general appeal, but he was far too nice for far too long. His best moments came well after his chances for winning disappeared, at which point he finally decided to strike back.

Remembering this, Trump is re-establishing himself as a fighter. Seeing that his only real competition is DeSantis, he’s directing his attention on him. Even though it might make sense for Trump to take credit for a person he supported and endorsed, and whom people like, it makes even more sense to discredit that person before he becomes too strong. No one would reward him for doing the former, but doing the latter will win him the nomination once again.

In truth, this is something DeSantis should start doing in return if he really intends to run for president. Yes, he’s been a successful governor, and most conservatives love him. But if he keeps out of the fray, he will come across as entitled and aloof.

Moreover, as much as it pains DeSantis’s fans to hear it, Trump has a few underlying facts on his side. DeSantis is indeed a direct beneficiary of Donald Trump, and he really does follow a line of successful governors who helped make Florida a solidly red state (including Jeb!). This doesn’t necessarily detract from his own accomplishments, but it offers necessary context. Had he received support from the pre-Trump Republican Party to govern a purple or blue state, like Governor Chris Christie, he wouldn’t be nearly as effective or appealing.

This point matters enormously for a presidential run. Winning the votes of the whole country is not nearly as easy as winning votes from Floridians who have grown accustomed to competent Republican leadership. He will need support, and his main support up to this point has now become his main opponent. He could accept support from the never-Trump Republicans, but this wouldn’t lead him to victory. Like Senator Ted Cruz, he’d likely have fans from his own state and the few conservatives who dislike Trump, but like Cruz, he’d also be humiliated by Trump and finished politically.

Finally, and most importantly, hurling insults and attacking other candidates gets far more attention than discussing anything related to policy. As Oscar Wilde once wrote, “There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about.” However quiet the crowd was when Trump belittled DeSantis, this was more than offset by the news and commentary that his rant generated, to say nothing of his indictment a week later. The same can be said for Trump’s inflammatory posts on Truth Social.

By contrast, Trump’s governing agenda—though it proposes bold new strategies to address deep-seated problems and presents an inspiring picture of the nation—hardly receives a mention from anyone. Often Trump’s serious speeches, like the one he made at CPAC or at the announcement of his candidacy, are shrugged off as low-energy and boring. So it’s not altogether Trump’s fault that he resorts to his pro-wrestling antics. Whatever pleas they may make for normalcy and for “adults in the room,” this is really what the people and the media want.

If DeSantis ends up running, he will encounter this dynamic too. There’s no way around it. Even if he shuts out leftist news outlets and follows a script filled with red meat, he will still need to sling mud like the best of them and get people’s attention. He may not be able to out-Trump Trump, but he needs to at least hold his own.

However people feel about it, this is what politics has become in the social media age. Past successes, interesting policy proposals, and relevant experience are all secondary to mastering the medium and framing the narrative. While the corporate media outlets will gladly do this for Democratic politicians—allowing cognitively challenged men like Joe Biden or John Fetterman to cruise to victory without saying or doing anything of substance—Republicans have to hustle and frequently make fools of themselves. It may be ugly, and it may be stupid, but it’s the only way Republicans will take back the White House.

Auguste Meyrat is an English teacher in the Dallas area. He holds an MA in Humanities and an MEd in Educational Leadership. He is the senior editor of the Everyman and has written essays for The Federalist, American Thinker, and The American Conservative.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2023, 02:42:54 PM »
all well and good
maybe be a mud slinging big mouth will win Republican nomination

"In his criticisms of DeSantis, Trump demonstrates that he understands politics far better than these pundits who discuss politics on a daily basis."

Oh yeah?

Trump has never won 50% of the national vote
and can't now

It is not like he won '16 in a landslide and
we have lost several elections thanks to his antics .

he wins republican nomination
but we lose national

no he is not a super genius who strategizes all this
he has a mental disorder that somehow keeps 35 % of the voting block supporting him

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2023, 02:57:48 PM »
Agreed-- but to the question presented:  What is the best strategy for DeSantis?

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2023, 05:24:44 PM »
"What is the best strategy for DeSantis?"

being a political campaign genius
this is what I think:

DeSantis continues not to get in the mud
he points out Trump has been loser more then winner
he lets surrogates call trump names and respond to dumb ass tweets
not do it himself - Like Clinton surrogates did all day and night

He speak policy
he steals policies that Trump puts forth and makes them his own (also ala Clinton/ Morris)

he gets war chest
ready to rumble when. time is right - is that now or soon - not so sure
I am sure left wing msm would love for him to start the dumb ass mud slinging tomorrow

don't fall for that
don't let trump have him start to say dumb things (ala Rubio - "you know what they say about people with small hands ")

get up to speed on foreign affairs maybe make deal with Pompeo (he will be my SoS before Trump does - I gather Pompeo reads DJT flaws)

don't explain only what he did in Florida
smart people know this may or may not extrapolate nationally and that he is untested in the national scene and in foreign affairs )
Trump can to some degree beat him on this point since he has record
legislatively that has from our point of view been successful to some degree - though if one listens to Coulter Trump has been a dismal failure)

And on that note maybe make coulter and advisor
I don't love her but she does make good points and would be just as knee capping in retaliation to the stuff Trump tweets

but she do the tweeting
let DeSantis ACT PRESIDENTAIL .  WHICH IS WHAT SO MANY OF US WANT !!

not a senile old fool
or a tweeting 7th grader

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2023, 07:46:10 PM »
That's pretty good!!!

"get up to speed on foreign affairs maybe make deal with Pompeo (he will be my SoS before Trump does - I gather Pompeo reads DJT flaws)"

Pompeo announced on Bret Baier today that he is not running and would endorse the candidate with the best ideas likely to put together the best team or words to that effect.

BB followed up "So you might endorse someone other than Trump?"

Without hesitation Pompeo said "Yes."

I agree with you, bringing Pompeo on board would be a shrewd move for DeSantis.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
what the heck ? Jews against DeSantis
« Reply #389 on: April 15, 2023, 05:37:00 AM »
https://nypost.com/2023/04/14/protesters-storm-stage-during-desantis-speech-in-new-hampshire/

Jews against DeSantis

should read Democrats against DeSantis  => their real religion

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 15, 2023, 08:58:59 AM »
His coolness in such moments communicates something about him that should resonate well with voters.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 15, 2023, 10:49:43 AM »
JJ for Trump

:cry:
 :roll:
 :x

here we go again...........
pounding our heads against the wall for 1.5 yr and maybe 5.5.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 15, 2023, 01:16:56 PM »
vivek:

‘He Got It From Me’: Vivek Ramaswamy Claims Ron DeSantis Is Copying Him In Shot At Florida Gov

well,
I thought the reason he was really running was to make his voice heard,
not because he seriously thinks he has a chance in the world of fire and brimstone

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
who is tom peterffy
« Reply #396 on: April 16, 2023, 07:07:03 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Peterffy

personally I thought the abortion limits (NOT BAN AS MSM CALLS IT) at 6 weeks is a bit too strict
I am thinking 12 weeks

as for book ban I would like more hear more from Peterffy
why this is such a deal breaker for him

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 16, 2023, 09:29:29 AM »
I agree on 12 weeks.

Regarding "book bans" I am thinking he has been bamboozled on this point.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 16, 2023, 09:36:00 AM »
I agree on 12 weeks.

Regarding "book bans" I am thinking he has been bamboozled on this point.

Not a baby before 12 weeks?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 16, 2023, 09:47:43 AM »
I get the point of course, but sometimes a bad deal is better than a losing fight.