Author Topic: Anti-semitism & Jews  (Read 413741 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 02:49:06 PM by Crafty_Dog »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
I guess more Arab money than Jewish money here
« Reply #1101 on: May 14, 2024, 08:12:24 PM »
https://www.breitbart.com/education/2024/05/14/harvard-surrenders-agrees-to-divestment-talks-reversed-suspensions/

:x :x :x

suspensions reversed

one white guy makes on anti black racist googoo eyes and gets expelled ruining his life forever
but the left wing anti semites walk

who could have guessed

no Jew should give a nickel to Harvard

where is Jewish Larry lib?
he probably plays it that it is all "right wing" Netanyahu's fault like all the other idiot Leftist Jews .

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Columbia President removed
« Reply #1102 on: May 16, 2024, 10:27:49 AM »
2/3 faculty voted no confidence for her calling in NYPD

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/columbia-university-president-hit-with-no-confidence-vote-over-protests/ar-BB1mvSEY?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=DCTS&cvid=702d486471ae483c8c7c7633c4182f47&ei=20

what is outrageous and very telling about the faculty is this is how they think

disrupting a college campus and making demands is not free speech.
too many American and Jew haters and crazy Marxists

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
An Anti-Semitic Test
« Reply #1103 on: May 22, 2024, 03:08:10 PM »
A piece exploring whether those that claim to be “anti-Zionist” are actually just bigots when it comes to Jews:

Do You Actually Hate Jews?
A simple test to check ‘criticism of Israel’ for antisemitism
BY
CYNICAL PUBLIUS
MAY 21, 2024

A soldier lays tefillin near the Gaza border in southern Israel on Dec. 6, 2023
ALEXI J. ROSENFELD/GETTY IMAGES
I have spent much of my adult life in the Persian Gulf and Mediterranean regions of the Middle East. I am not Jewish, which will somehow matter to certain readers. I am, instead, a Roman Catholic American who has been in the area during war and peace, with multiple military assignments in the region.

I made many Arab friends in my service. I’ve sat in a tent in the middle of the desert at night during Ramadan, playing cards and drinking chai (and painfully sticking clothespins on my ears as a penalty when I lost at those card games, which happened a lot.) I was a regular for diwaniya at friends’ homes in Kuwait. I sat cross-legged with Egyptian heavy equipment transport drivers drinking scalding hot cardamom coffee while we watched the sun come up over the desert. I am not an Arab, and I do not claim to be, but I have come to admire the richness of much of Arab culture.

And yet, I would be lying by omission if I did not note what was appalling about what I saw: women treated as property; third-country nationals cleaning toilets in orange jumpsuits and living as literal slaves; gay and lesbian people as criminals; utter religious intolerance; fascist restrictions on free speech; monarchies ruling by fiat, and more.

Amid all of this, Israel stood apart to me, a shining light in a region full of dark despotism—a true democracy with guaranteed liberties, a technological wonderland carved out of a stark desert devoid of resources, and a place where 21% of the citizenry of this ostensibly Jewish state consists of non-Jewish Arabs. In Israel, gays are not criminalized and women are not property. Is it without problems? Of course not. It is a country born in violence, and every day it deals with that reality. It has the same internal political strife that we see in all Western democracies. Crime happens. Extremists capture the national dialogue. It is exceedingly easy to point out Israel’s flaws, just as it is for any nation.

The question, especially these days, is: Given the sharp contrasts with its neighbors, why is Israel so repeatedly singled out as if it is the only (and worst) bad actor in that region, whether in the media, on X, in the United Nations, and everywhere else for that matter? And why lately do these attacks seem to be coming from people, including former military people, who should—no, who definitely—know better?

The IDF’s efforts are as measured as those of any Western military. They are simply being singled out. Why do these attacks seem to be coming from people, including former military people, who should—no, who definitely—know better?

These days, if you spend enough time with strangers online discussing anything related to Israel, you will inevitably come into contact with that person who claims, “I have nothing against Jews, it’s ZIONISM I hate.” In the past, this was usually followed by something about the Rothschilds, or bankers controlling the world, or how Dachau was actually an aromatherapy spa, but these days it might just as easily be heard from someone who seems, on the surface, to share a bunch of your own views.

These people inevitably become angry and puzzled when they are labeled “antisemitic,” and their response is usually along the lines of “What? Criticizing Israel doesn’t make me a Jew-hating antisemite! How could you think that?”

If you have found yourself on either side of an exchange like this one, let me give you a scenario that might help.

There are five dry cleaners in your town. You’ve tried them all and are unhappy with all of them. Four of them are owned by Muslim immigrants from the Middle East, and all four are horrible—they overcharge you, they lose your clothes, they never have your clothes ready on time, they rarely get stains out and never offer a refund. The fifth dry cleaner is owned by Orthodox Jews. That dry cleaner’s prices are lower than the other four, they never lose your clothes and always have them ready on time.

Last week, that Orthodox Jew-owned dry cleaner failed to get a mustard stain out of your favorite shirt and would not give you a refund. So you wrote a scathing Yelp review of the Orthodox Jew-owned dry cleaner, something you have never, ever done for the other four dry cleaners over your many dissatisfied years of going to them with your clothing. If that is not enough, in addition to leaving the bad Yelp review, you also attend massive demonstrations in your town in support of the four Muslim dry cleaners, blaming their incompetence and failures on the Orthodox Jew-owned dry cleaner. Also, you chant “From the dry cleaning fluid to the fur storage area” over and over outside the Orthodox Jew-owned dry cleaner.

Which brings us to the war in Gaza.

Let me say some things about that war. First, in my experience, the IDF is one of the most professional militaries the world has ever seen. Its historic track record of stunning victories over better-funded, numerically superior foes is not the only reason I say this. The IDF’s officer corps attends the same sorts of command and staff colleges that have made the U.S. military so great. The IDF’s enlisted forces are drawn from across the entire society, giving it the natural diversity that U.S. military leaders crave. Most importantly for this conversation, it trains and practices civilian harm mitigation with the same zeal as all professional Western militaries. I could go into great detail here, but suffice it say that at the top of the mitigation list is constant warnings to civilians to evacuate tightly targeted areas before engagement with minimally destructive munitions. This is genuine risk mitigation, and is practiced only by the world’s most professional militaries. (See this piece by the chair of urban warfare studies at the Modern War Institute at West Point, for example.) Bottom line: As a matter of training and doctrine, the IDF does all it can to minimize civilian casualties—and in this it is as good as, and I’d argue maybe even better, than U.S. forces.

Second, in war it is impossible to prevent all damage to civilians. It cannot be done. Don’t believe me? Ask the remaining family of Zemari Ahmadi, killed in Kabul by mistake along with his seven children by a U.S. drone strike. Ask the families of the five U.S. troops and one Afghan interpreter killed by a U.S. B-1B laser-guided bomb in Afghanistan’s Zabul Province in 2014. Ask fans of the Arizona Cardinals what they know about Corporal Pat Tillman. Go back to the Normandy campaign in World War II and wonder why U.S. B-17 bombers killed U.S. Lieutenant General Lesley J. McNair. Heck, ask me about the time outside Habbaniyah, Iraq, where I personally was seconds away from giving the order to shoot and kill an Iraqi civilian who was trying to sell my troops some whiskey after momentarily thinking the bottles were Molotov cocktails; we eventually let him go in peace, but it could have just as easily gone the other way.

War is ugly. The “fog of war” is a real thing. Innocents die. Most importantly, there is a huge difference between killing innocents by accident, and killing them on purpose (you know, like Hamas does with its random rockets aimed at Israeli civilians). Things like the missile strike on the World Central Kitchen convoy happen in war—that is just a brutal, undeniable truth. Should responsible IDF officers suffer if negligence is proven? Absolutely. But here is the real question: If the unintentional death of innocents is inevitable in all wars, why does Israel get special disapprobation when it happens with the IDF? More importantly, why would anyone instantly (and without full knowledge) assume that the IDF intentionally targeted legitimately innocent aid workers?

The IDF’s efforts are as measured and tempered as those of any Western military at war. They are simply being singled out, amid a world of equally brutal war.

I can already hear the hue and cry—from the BDS crowd on the left and the Protocols crowd on the right—screaming: “They are leveling Gaza! Have you seen the pictures? It’s GENOCIDE!”

Listen to me, people: If you want to commit genocide, you do not warn civilians to seek safe shelter before you engage the combatants in their midst. You’re upset about the pictures of a leveled Gaza? Have you seen any of what the U.S. military did to Fallujah? Remember the “Highway of Death” in 1991? How do you think Iran treats Kurdish villages? Darfur would like a word too. War is ugly in the best cases; it is even uglier when facing a demented foe like Hamas. People who would perpetrate Oct. 7 and hide behind human shields from their own population will not go easy.

To quote that Seinfeld episode where Elaine’s communist boyfriend got banned from a Chinese restaurant: I don’t want to “name names,” but I will say there is a certain X account where the author claims to be a combat veteran, and he regularly posts about how the IDF is recklessly targeting civilians as a tactic. This person does, in fact, demonstrate a deep understanding of military history, which actually makes this behavior of his worse, because he knows better. He understands the fog of war. He understands the mitigation measures the IDF takes. He understands that in all war, certain levels of civilian death and destruction are inevitable. So why does he say what he says?

The hate of the well-informed is purposeful. Any so-called influencer or self-styled intellectual who spreads the mind virus of antisemitism to fellow Americans, under the guise of informing them, is a predator.

In 2024, antisemitism generally evidences itself in two forms. The first is your classic Protocols of the Elders of Zion, “Hitler was right” sort of neo-fascist fabulism. The second is the kind who buys every lie coming out of Al Jazeera and the rabidly antisemitic Arab press. The thing about both of these kinds of hate is that they have been watered down to a level of acceptability in many circles. The watered-down Protocols crowd accurately points to the number of Jewish influencers in Hollywood and the media, as if that somehow validates an unspoken blood libel. These people are the Joe Rogans of the world—avowedly “fair” while actually speaking from highly bigoted assumptions.

The second crowd—the watered-down Al Jazeera crowd—hides behind “anti-colonialism” as an excuse for quaint chants in favor of exterminating Israel’s Jewish population. Unfortunately, that second kind of watered-down antisemitism is mirrored in the great majority of the mass media in the U.S. and globally. CNN, MSNBC, NPR, BBC, Reuters and the like will buy every line coming out of the Gaza Health Ministry and every staged Pallywood video without question, and will flood the zone endlessly with stories supporting the myth of Israeli fascism and “genocide.” When you see Jewish students on college campuses across America being terrorized by their Hamas-sympathizing peers, that phenomenon is fueled almost completely by that second sort of antisemitism—let’s call it the “media narrative of Israel.”

When someone starts demonstrating outside the Jewish dry cleaner because of that mustard stain—whether they’re politically on the right or the left—there are only two possible explanations:

They bought the media narrative of Israel.
Consciously or subconsciously, they hate Jews.
I can almost forgive people who fall prey to No. 1, especially if they are young and/or stupid. College students who don’t know any better are immersed in a nonstop barrage of the media narrative of Israel, and as college students their brains are mush anyway, so I sort of get how they could be so easily misled. Your average, working, adult American who does not pay much attention to politics or international relations can also be driven into this belief set—their media bombards them with unbalanced, anti-Israel propaganda, and if all those kids are protesting on campus, there must be something to it, right?

But it’s people like my fellow soldier on X who trouble me more. When you know that Israel is the freest, most liberal state in the region; when you know that war is hell and civilians die in all wars; when you know that the IDF engages in state-of-the-art mitigation measures to protect innocent civilians; when you know all of these things and still engage in the blood libelish lies of “Israel is committing genocide,” No. 2 is the only logical conclusion. The only stain is the one on that person’s soul—a black stain of Jew hatred that goes back millennia.

The hate of the well-informed stands out because it’s purposeful. Ultimately, antisemitism is a mind virus. Any so-called influencer or self-styled intellectual who spreads it to fellow Americans, under the guise of informing them, is a predator.

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news/articles/do-you-actually-hate-jews

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
A List of University’s Sued for Antisemitism
« Reply #1104 on: May 22, 2024, 05:22:59 PM »
A list for those tracking these things. Hopefully they’ll learn the same hard lessons Oberlin college did:

A List (with Links) of Antisemitism Lawsuits Filed against American Universities
The Volokh Conspiracy / by David Bernstein / May 22, 2024 at 1:06 PM
Along with dozens of Title VI administrative complaints filed with the Office of Civil Rights, at least eleven colleges and universities are facing lawsuits over their handling of antisemitism on campus since October 7. I asked around, and no one seems to have a compiled a list of defendants with links to the complaints, so I've created one, which I will update as needed. Let me know if I have missed any.

Columbia University I

Columbia University II

Columbia University III

Haverford College

Havard University I

Harvard University II (filed today, link coming soon)

MIT

New York University

Northwestern

Rutgers I

Rutgers II

University of California Berkeley

University of California Los Angeles

University of Pennsylvania

University of Virginia (filed Friday, link coming soon)

The post A List (with Links) of Antisemitism Lawsuits Filed against American Universities appeared first on Reason.com.

https://reason.com/volokh/2024/05/22/a-list-with-links-of-antisemitism-lawsuits-filed-against-american-universities/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-semitism & Jews
« Reply #1105 on: May 23, 2024, 03:53:57 PM »
Nice work.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Clapton: Jews Run the World
« Reply #1106 on: June 03, 2024, 04:31:41 PM »
I’m a Cream, Delaney and Bonnie, Derrick and the Dominos, Yardbirds, & John Mayall fan, but confess once Clapton started doing solo stuff and all the “slow hand” dreck I was not impressed. And now that he’s rambling about this? What a tool:

https://pjmedia.com/robert-spencer/2024/06/02/eric-clapton-discovers-the-secret-israel-is-running-the-world-n4929550

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Clapton: Jews Run the World
« Reply #1107 on: June 04, 2024, 07:32:12 AM »
I’m a Cream, Delaney and Bonnie, Derrick and the Dominos, Yardbirds, & John Mayall fan, but confess once Clapton started doing solo stuff and all the “slow hand” dreck I was not impressed. And now that he’s rambling about this? What a tool:

https://pjmedia.com/robert-spencer/2024/06/02/eric-clapton-discovers-the-secret-israel-is-running-the-world-n4929550

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

Very disappointing, his antisemitism.  I was impressed when he spoke out against covid lockdowns.  I didn't know he was from the Roger Waters school of middle east peace.

Strange that 'Israel is running the world' but can't buy a UN vote to save their life.

Clapton:  “I was so enthused about what was going on at Columbia [University] and elsewhere,”

- That's a dangerous, blank statement.  "What was going on at Columbia" was antisemitism out in open.  A Palestinian flag on his guitar?  Support for the perpetrators of the October 7 massacre that started the current war they hate so much.  Dangerously moronic. 

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

What did they say to Springsteen, 'shut up and sing'.  In Clapton's case, he's a talented guy. I've heard it all, enjoyed it all, and don't really need it anymore.

Among the rock concerts of my youth, the most beautiful part of the Clapton concert was when the piano came in on Layla, by far the highlight of the show.  Clapton didn't write or play that part. 
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/04/06/rita-coolidge-says-she-co-wrote-piano-coda-layla/82698420/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 04, 2024, 12:57:09 PM »
is clapton back on heroin?

I suppose he will play a song that goes
with the title :

"free hunter"

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Clapton: Jews Run the World
« Reply #1109 on: June 05, 2024, 05:23:02 AM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/eric-clapton-disastrous-vaccine-propaganda-1170264/

Very disappointing, his antisemitism.  I was impressed when he spoke out against covid lockdowns.  I didn't know he was from the Roger Waters school of middle east peace.

Strange that 'Israel is running the world' but can't buy a UN vote to save their life.

Clapton:  “I was so enthused about what was going on at Columbia [University] and elsewhere,”

- That's a dangerous, blank statement.  "What was going on at Columbia" was antisemitism out in open.  A Palestinian flag on his guitar?  Support for the perpetrators of the October 7 massacre that started the current war they hate so much.  Dangerously moronic. 

Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

What did they say to Springsteen, 'shut up and sing'.  In Clapton's case, he's a talented guy. I've heard it all, enjoyed it all, and don't really need it anymore.

Among the rock concerts of my youth, the most beautiful part of the Clapton concert was when the piano came in on Layla, by far the highlight of the show.  Clapton didn't write or play that part. 
https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/2016/04/06/rita-coolidge-says-she-co-wrote-piano-coda-layla/82698420/

He played at the same concert and took off in a helicopter around the same time Stevie Ray Vaughn did. Vaughn’s helicopter hit a fog shrouded bunny ski hill in Northern Illinois, but there was some initial concern about whose helicopter it was. I felt guilty at the time for hoping it was Clapton’s as Vaughn had a lot more to contribute to music at that time IMO.

I don’t feel guilty any more.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NYC
« Reply #1110 on: June 07, 2024, 04:56:02 PM »

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
Dershowitz Channels Captain Obvious
« Reply #1111 on: June 09, 2024, 03:29:05 PM »

Palestinianism Began with Nazism And Today Is Based on Antisemitism, Sexism, Homophobia and Denial of Human Rights. So Why Is the Left So in Love with It?

by Alan M. Dershowitz

June 9, 2024 at 5:00 am

It was [Hitler's friend, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-] Husseini who turned the Arab-Jewish dispute from a resolvable conflict over land to an irresolvable conflict over religion.

Were a Hamas-run state to replace Israel "from the river to the sea", it would be a theocratic regime closer to that of Iran than to the autocracies of Jordan or Egypt. Jews and Christians would not be allowed to live as equal citizens in such a state. Indeed, in areas currently controlled by Hamas, Christians and other non-Muslim minorities have been ethnically cleansed.

Hamas is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Iranian mullahs....

The real focus of these demonstrations is not on the alleged victims, but rather on the alleged perpetrators. The perpetrators are actually more anti-Israel than pro-Palestinian... It has always been more about identifying with the alleged perpetrators -- Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Che Guevara -- than with the alleged victims.

It is Hamas, not Israel, that is responsible for much, if not all, of the victimization of Palestinian civilians.

The disproportionate focus on the Palestinians and Israel can be explained only by bigoted hatred of the nation state of the Jewish people and its alliance with the US, and the wish to see them brought down.

The founder of the Palestinian movement in the run-up to the Second World War was a proud Nazi and friend of Adolf Hitler. It was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin al-Husseini, who turned the Arab-Jewish dispute from a resolvable conflict over land to an irresolvable conflict over religion. Pictured: Hitler meets with Husseini on November 28, 1941. (Image source: German Federal Archive)
The founder of the Palestinian movement in the run-up to the Second World War was a proud Nazi and friend of Adolf Hitler. Haj Amin al-Husseini was the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, the religious leader of the Muslims in what is now Israel but was then called Palestine, and, after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, governed under a British Mandate. It was Husseini who turned the Arab-Jewish dispute from a resolvable conflict over land to an irresolvable conflict over religion.

Husseini decided it was against Islamic sharia law to allow Jewish sovereignty over even an inch of what had previously been Ottoman territory, which he decreed was forever religious Muslim land, part of an endowment, or "waqf," to be held in trust for Allah. He opposed the creation of any Jewish state, regardless of how small, even if it was part of a two-state solution that offered a far larger percentage of the land to a state for the Palestinians.

Husseini spent the war years in Berlin as Hitler's guest, plotting to extend Hitler's genocide against Jews from Europe to the Middle East. He participated in the genocide of Jews and others in the Balkans. For this, he was designated a Nazi war criminal at the end of the war, and had to escape to Egypt to avoid being tried and hanged.

Following his death, he was succeeded by his mentee Yasser Arafat, who relied on terrorism against civilians as his primary methodology for destroying the nation-state of the Jewish people. Arafat turned down offers of a two-state solution because he could never accept the existence of a state for the Jewish people.

Following Arafat's death in 2004, there was an election for the Palestinian Legislative Council, between Fatah and Hamas. Hamas won the 2006 elections, and polls to this day show far greater support for that Islamist group than for the somewhat more secular Fatah.

The Hamas charter is antisemitic to its core, blaming the Jews for most of the world's evils, from the French and Russian revolutions to both of the two world wars: "There is no war going on anywhere, without having their finger in it." (Article 22).

Hamas, as well as Palestinian clerics in the West Bank, declare homosexuality a sin punishable by death and oppose any sort of equality for women.

Were a Hamas-run state to replace Israel "from the river to the sea", it would be a theocratic regime closer to that of Iran than to the autocracies of Jordan or Egypt. Jews and Christians would not be allowed to live as equal citizens in such a state. Indeed, in areas currently controlled by Hamas, Christians and other non-Muslim minorities have been ethnically cleansed.

Hamas is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Iranian Mullahs, who, since the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini's 1979 Revolution, regard Israel as the "Little Satan" the US as the "Great Satan".

Considering the sordid history and current status of Palestinianism, it is quite remarkable that, among all the causes in the world, the left has chosen that cause as its primary focus. Left-wing students do not demonstrate in favor of the Kurds, the Uyghurs, Iranian dissidents or Syrian victims of genocide. There are more demonstrations on behalf of Palestinians than for Ukrainian victims of Russian aggression.

How can this counterintuitive reality be explained? It is rather simple. The real focus of these demonstrations is not on the alleged victims, but rather on the alleged perpetrators. The perpetrators are actually more anti-Israel than pro-Palestinian. Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Iran are the perpetrators denying statehood to the Kurds. China is the perpetrator of violence against the Uyghurs. The Syrian and Iranian regimes are responsible for the violence against their citizens. Russia invaded Ukraine.

The left does not hate these oppressors. They do hate Israel and its primary ally, the United States, because they are free market, Western states. Consequently, they support the enemies of these enemies, who in this case are the Palestinians. In previous wars, the left supported the Viet Cong, Pol Pot, North Korea and Cuba. It has always been more about identifying with the alleged perpetrators -- Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Che Guevara -- than with the alleged victims.

Of course, there are Gazan civilians who are deserving of left wing (and other) support. Justifiable criticism of Israel is also legitimate. But fabricated disproportionate criticism of Israel at the same time as disproportionate support for Palestinians, to the exclusion or minimization of others, is not fair – or accurate. It is Hamas, not Israel, that is responsible for much, if not all, of the victimization of Palestinian civilians. Israel can and should be criticized for civilian casualties that were preventable – in the "fog of war" many are not -- or that are their fault. But none of this explains or justifies the singular focus of the left on the Palestinians and Israel. Nor does the false claim that Israel is a "colonial" or "settler" state explain the passionate hatred directed against Israel by the left. There are real colonial, settler states such as New Zealand, which has been quite critical of Israel and supportive of the Palestinians. No one demonstrates against New Zealand, Turkish-occupied Cyprus, or Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.

The disproportionate focus on the Palestinians and Israel can be explained only by bigoted hatred of the nation state of the Jewish people and its alliance with the US, and the wish to see them brought down.

Alan M. Dershowitz is the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law, Emeritus at Harvard Law School, and the author most recently of War Against the Jews: How to End Hamas Barbarism. He is the Jack Roth Charitable Foundation Fellow at Gatestone Institute, and is also the host of "The Dershow" podcast.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/20688/palestinianism-began-with-nazism

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: U of MN Appoints Hamas Supporter to Lead Holocaust/Genocide Center
« Reply #1113 on: June 12, 2024, 05:57:04 AM »
Yo Doug, your home state’s university making an interesting choice here:

https://legalinsurrection.com/2024/06/u-minnesota-appoints-anti-zionist-to-lead-the-center-for-holocaust-and-genocide-studies/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=u-minnesota-appoints-anti-zionist-to-lead-the-center-for-holocaust-and-genocide-studies

Yes, they are nuts. I can't threaten to cut off financial support to my alma mater since I have given them not one thin dime since my last 250 per qtr payment in 1978, except for all the tax payments they get. Can't cut off state tax support while the party of Omar Ellison currently controls the trifecta of power here.  Maybe Trump winning MN this year will help change that.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 12, 2024, 06:30:51 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raz_Segal

Even though I live in the same state I have never heard of Stockton U. or Galloway, NJ.

This would be like making a head of the KKK President of Howard U.

Body-by-Guinness

• Power User
    • View Profile
No First Amendment Right to Stalk & Harass Jewish Tourist
« Reply #1115 on: June 14, 2024, 11:34:14 AM »
Hopefully they land on this gent hard. But hey, it’s NY:

Prosecution for Alleged Stalking/Harassment of Israeli Tourists in N.Y. on Oct. 18, 2023 Can Go Forward
The Volokh Conspiracy / by Eugene Volokh / Jun 13, 2024 at 6:56 PM
From New York trial judge Althea Drysdale's opinion Tuesday in People v. Amin:

This case stems from an incident where the Defendant is alleged to have stalked, taunted, and harassed a group of Israeli citizens for over ten minutes while they were sightseeing in Times Square, culminating in the assault of one of the tourists. As part of his omnibus motions, the Defendant moves to dismiss the charges of Stalking in the First Degree …, Stalking in the Third Degree …, and Aggravated Harassment …, arguing that the prosecution elicited insufficient evidence to constitute the necessary element of a "course of conduct" for those crimes. [The decision appeared not to deal with the assault charge. -EV] …

Statement of Allegations

On Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at approximately 9:30pm, the Complainant, an Israeli citizen, was visiting New York City with a group of six friends when they decided to stop by Times Square to sightsee. Several members of the group were wearing items that disclosed their religious affiliation: specifically, all five male members of the group were wearing "kippahs," traditional Jewish head-coverings also known as a "yarmulkes" as well as visible "tzitzits," which are strings that adorn the corners of a "tallit," a Jewish prayer shawl that is worn under clothing throughout the day.

After exiting the subway station located at 42nd Street and Times Square, the group was approached by a man, later identified as the Defendant, who appeared to be of Middle Eastern descent. The Complainant noticed that the Defendant was wearing what the Complainant described as a red and white "keffiyeh," a traditional headdress worn by men in the Middle East, around his head and face.

While the Defendant was initially playing what the Complainant described as "loud English music" on a speaker that he was carrying in his hand, the Complainant observed that, upon seeing the Complainant and his group of friends, the Defendant changed the music to a song in Arabic. Almost immediately after doing so, the Defendant said "Free Palestine" and stated that "the Jews have to die." The Complainant also recalled that the Defendant stated, in sum and substance, that he was "happy with what Hamas did to the Jews," and repeatedly yelled "Allah Kashi," which the Complainant understood to mean in Arabic "God is Great." The Complainant further heard the Defendant state that he was "willing to die for the sake of Gaza."

These actions took place over at least ten minutes and lasted the length of at least six city blocks. Video surveillance introduced as evidence in the Grand Jury shows the Defendant closely following the group for the entirety of this time, always directly behind the group despite the pedestrian walkway area appearing to be in excess of fifty feet wide in certain places. On several occasions, the Defendant is observed gesturing at the group while holding the speaker in one of his hands. At one point, the group deviates from their linear route and instead travels diagonally across a pedestrian area of Times Square, and the Defendant is observed changing his orientation so that he can follow the group diagonally on their new path.

When the group reached the TKTS Red Stairs, located at 47th Street in Times Square, the Complainant stated that he and his group approached a security guard to alert them to the Defendant's actions. According to the Complainant, the security guard approached the Defendant and instructed the Defendant to stop following the group and to leave them alone, to which the Defendant responded in sum and substance, "Jews are frightened people that are going and consulting with the police … let's see you now."

When the group doubled back and returned in the direction from whence they came, the Defendant, too, doubled back and followed behind them at a close distance. When the group stopped and yelled at the Defendant to stop following them, the Defendant allegedly responded, "Free Palestine." Another individual in the Complainant's responded yelled "Fuck Palestine" in response.

As the group continued to walk back towards the subway, the Defendant allegedly continued yelling "Hamas should kill more of you," and indicated that he was "happy with what Hamas did," and that he was "prepared to die for Hamas." After following the group around Times Square for an excess of twelve minutes, all the while allegedly shouting what could plainly be interpreted as Anti-Semitic and Anti-Israeli rhetoric, the Defendant is allegedly observed on video surveillance running up to the group and striking his arm forward in a punching motion towards the Complainant's head before running away. The Complainant stated that he suffered pain in his face as a result of the punch, and the Defendant was subsequently arrested on-scene.

The court rejected defendant's First Amendment claim:

The Court finds the defendant's argument that he was exercising his Constitutionally protected First Amendment right to freedom of speech [is] without merit. Payton ("While constitutionally protected activity has been specifically excluded in some anti-stalking statutes, New York's statute is broader. It prohibits a course of conduct or repeated acts occurring over a period of time which intentionally places another person in reasonable fear of physical injury."); see also People v. C.C. (Sup. Ct. Westchester Cty., 2016) ("But freedom of expression under the First Amendment has its limits. Banging on the window of a car with a person inside while daring him with epithets of foul abuse exceeds those limits. This is aggressive physical action in close proximity to a person, accompanied by threatening words, not just words alone.").

The court concluded that the prosecution had introduced "sufficient evidence of a hate crime":

[T]here was clearly sufficient evidence for a fact-finder to reasonably infer that the defendant both selected the complainants and committed the acts because of their protected characteristics. See e.g. People v. Morales (1st Dept. 2024) (Finding that the Defendant chose his victim in whole or substantial part based on their perceived sexual orientation when the Defendant shouted homophobic slurs at the victim immediately before shooting the victim in the face at point-blank range and subsequently made derogatory comments about the victim's significant other at the time of his arrest.)….

And the court rejected the defendant's argument that this was all one incident and therefore not a "course of conduct" for purposes of the stalking statute:

While "course of conduct" is not specifically defined within the stalking statute, Courts have routinely adopted the widely-accepted definition … [of] "course of conduct" as "a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose." …

An "isolated incident" does not constitute a "course of conduct." See People v. Valerio (NY Ct. App. 1983) (Finding that shouting at a union official one time while picketing outside of a union headquarters did not constitute a "course of conduct" for the purposes of the harassment statute.); People v. Wood (NY Ct. App. 1983) ("Because no evidence was presented at trial that Defendant's conduct was anything other than an isolated incident, the People failed to establish that Defendant was guilty of harassment under the subdivision charged"). In situations evincing a short duration of time or a singular, isolated incident, Courts are less inclined to find that the Defendant's actions constitute a "course of conduct." See, e.g. People v. Barrow (Defendant's numerous threats to kill his neighbor, made in the course of a few minutes, did not establish a course of conduct); People v. Castro (Defendant's "spontaneous, emotional, verbal outburst consisting of repeated cursing occurring during one altercation, did not constitute a course of conduct pursuant to this section of the statute.").

However, Courts have recognized that incidents that occur within a short time frame can be considered a "course of conduct" for the purposes of the stalking statutes…. For example, in People v. Givens (Crim. Ct. Kings Cty. 2020) (Gingold, J.) the Court found that two telephone calls were sufficient to establish repeated acts or a "course of conduct." Courts have further held that "nine or more" phone calls over a two-day period of time would also suffice as a "course of conduct." In People v. Murray (NY Cty. Crim. Ct. 1995) (Stoltz, J.), the Court found that a "five to eight minute" interaction constituted a "course of conduct" when the Defendant followed the complainant to her office building, barred her from entering the building, continued to follow her as she retreated up the street, forcibly prevented her from obtaining assistance from other pedestrians, and ultimately attempted to drag her into Central Park….

In this instance, the Defendant allegedly taunted, threatened, and assaulted the complainants for over ten minutes while physically following them for multiple city blocks, all after being told by both the complainants and security personnel to stop. The Defendant clearly committed a "series of acts" by allegedly voicing multiple verbal threats, some of which wished death upon the complainants, playing what the Defendant self-described as "Hamas music," following the complainants for over ten minutes over the course of several city blocks, and eventually allegedly striking one of the complainants about the face.

These acts were "committed over a period of time," albeit a relatively short period of time, namely approximately twelve minutes. In determining the significance of that twelve-minute time frame, the Court will take into consideration the alarming number and varying type of harassing actions committed throughout that time span. The content of the Defendant's statements and actions throughout this period of time clearly evince a "continuity of purpose." For these reasons, the Court finds that the Defendant's alleged conduct throughout this incident clearly constitutes a "course of conduct" as intended by the legislature.

Assistant D.A. Edward Smith represents the prosecution.

The post Prosecution for Alleged Stalking/Harassment of Israeli Tourists in N.Y. on Oct. 18, 2023 Can Go Forward appeared first on Reason.com.

https://reason.com/volokh/2024/06/13/prosecution-for-alleged-stalking-harassment-of-israeli-tourists-in-n-y-on-oct-18-2023-can-go-forward/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 01:22:56 PM by Body-by-Guinness »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 14, 2024, 01:15:40 PM »
In the last day or so, there has been some footage of some Hamasholes on a NY subway shouting "Are there any Zionists here?  If so, this is your last chance to get off!"

If someone can readily find the link, I have some use I would like to put it to , , ,  :wink:

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 14, 2024, 03:38:03 PM »
In the last day or so, there has been some footage of some Hamasholes on a NY subway shouting "Are there any Zionists here?  If so, this is your last chance to get off!"

If someone can readily find the link, I have some use I would like to put it to , , ,  :wink:

Try the second link:

https://nypost.com/2024/06/14/us-news/jewish-man-harassed-by-anti-israel-mob-on-nyc-subway-train-describes-masked-protesters-cruel-taunt-bro-if-you-only-knew-who-i-was/

https://nypost.com/2024/06/11/us-news/anti-israel-man-on-nyc-subway-tells-zionists-to-get-off-train-video/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 03:40:47 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: Today at 04:02:28 AM »
Thank you.