Author Topic: The US Congress; Congressional races  (Read 303573 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The GOP vote to protect Schiff
« Reply #1456 on: June 20, 2023, 05:49:29 AM »
House GOP Vote to Protect Adam Schiff
By Roger L. Simon
June 15, 2023Updated: June 15, 2023

Commentary

Sen. Adam Schiff?

Like the sound of that?

Twenty Republican U.S. House members who voted against and three who abstained in the vote to censure Rep. Schiff (D-Calif.) may not either, but, inadvertently or not, they have done their best to ensure not only Schiff’s survival but his promotion.

There is nothing more that Schiff, of notoriety for Russiagate lies, would like than to be a U.S. senator from California. And California, being the one-party state that it is, would like nothing more than to elect him, to stick it to us heathens who might believe in such unfashionable items as God and truth.

It’s hard to know what motivated the votes of those Republicans considering that Schiff, for years chairman or ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, used his high position in the world of state secrets constantly to mislead the public about the truth. He did this with regularity, almost daily on cable television. It was said of Schiff that he never found a camera he didn’t like.

In doing so, he aided and abetted the FBI’s pursuit of the Russia Hoax that almost all—including Schiff, as he testified behind closed doors—knew was fallacious propaganda from the start. The Durham Report has explained that all in detail.

The result was massive public brainwashing, the equivalent of what was common in the Soviet era, that has yet to be undone here. Millions still believe the absolute untruth that Trump colluded with Russia.

This prepared the way for those people to be fed many subsequent untruths that they accepted, sheep-like, in the tradition of the original hoax. We have Schiff—among others but still majorly—to thank for that.

We also have him to thank, again among others, for the promulgation of an obvious lie whose investigation cost us taxpayers millions. Schiff was most noteworthy in shoring up the dishonesty when people were beginning to doubt what they were being told.

For this reason, it seems natural and, dare I say, equitable that a fine would be imposed on Schiff along with the censure by Rep. Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.), the Freedom Caucus member who proposed the censure as a privileged resolution.

The Republicans who voted with the (of course unanimous) Democrats to kill the resolution have some explaining to do.

One of them already has—the sometimes-controversial Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.)—who claimed this censure was unconstitutional, citing the Eighth and 27th Amendments. The latter is about pay raises and is quite a stretch. The Eighth might apply since it refers to excessive fines but looked at objectively, this fine is far from excessive considering the damage done to our country and its people by a leader of the House Intelligence Committee.

Luna says she picked the number as it’s about half the expenditure of the Mueller investigation. That damage done to our body politic, the country having been torn asunder, is, of course, inestimable.

But at least Massie has given a reason, dubious as it may be. The others so far haven’t.

Looking at the list of Republicans who broke with their own party on the Schiff censure vote, I am reminded once again of one of the disturbing parts of our two-party system.

On the Republican side, we are urged to donate to candidates through a rather opaque system called WinRed. Some of that money goes to the intended candidate, but the rest? It’s out of our control. Some undoubtedly filters down to that list of 20.

Unless I hear a good explanation otherwise, I’d prefer for those representatives to be primaried than to give them a penny.

Views expressed in this article are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch Times.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The US Congress; Congressional races
« Reply #1458 on: June 21, 2023, 05:20:58 AM »
When we first saw this issue a few days ago I hesitated to criticize because Tom McClintock, a favorite of mine (I have donated to him more than once) voted in opposition.

Having read a bit more, I no longer hesitate.  To fail to go after Schiff would be cowardly weakness.  This resolution should pass!!!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/20/adam-schiff-new-censure-resolution-be-brought-hous/?utm_source=Boomtrain&utm_medium=subscriber&utm_campaign=newsalert&utm_content=newsalert&utm_term=newsalert&bt_ee=k5aValO8vKQr47ka4jkJxyLTK9KmkWo01rgPBwactr0TaRlVA7I70qATa8nTk1Iy&bt_ts=1687315789823 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 21, 2023, 06:52:42 AM »
Weak and feckless is the republican default setting.

When we first saw this issue a few days ago I hesitated to criticize because Tom McClintock, a favorite of mine (I have donated to him more than once) voted in opposition.

Having read a bit more, I no longer hesitate.  To fail to go after Schiff would be cowardly weakness.  This resolution should pass!!!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jun/20/adam-schiff-new-censure-resolution-be-brought-hous/?utm_source=Boomtrain&utm_medium=subscriber&utm_campaign=newsalert&utm_content=newsalert&utm_term=newsalert&bt_ee=k5aValO8vKQr47ka4jkJxyLTK9KmkWo01rgPBwactr0TaRlVA7I70qATa8nTk1Iy&bt_ts=1687315789823

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 02, 2023, 05:42:54 AM »
Good Morning Eeyore.

Yes, unlike the last time around, the GOP will have to have a ground game that includes mass mail balloting and ballot harvesting. 

Yes, the Dems will be playing cheater games.

But failure to fight means failure for sure.

In this you appear to be determined to sit on the sidelines, exerting yourself only to toss snark bombs of discouragement our way.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 02, 2023, 09:18:28 AM »
The PTB that ended the American Republic in 2020 via soft coup WILL NOT let themselves voluntarily be removed from power.

Good Morning Eeyore.

Yes, unlike the last time around, the GOP will have to have a ground game that includes mass mail balloting and ballot harvesting. 

Yes, the Dems will be playing cheater games.

But failure to fight means failure for sure.

In this you appear to be determined to sit on the sidelines, exerting yourself only to toss snark bombs of discouragement our way.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 02, 2023, 10:00:29 AM »
"The PTB that ended the American Republic in 2020 via soft coup WILL NOT let themselves voluntarily be removed from power."

The fact we are in a Civil War 2.0
 is NOT new information .

thanks just the same ...    :-D

:wink:

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 02, 2023, 04:19:56 PM »
Woof!

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 04, 2023, 01:23:29 PM »
well lets win most of these this time not like '18, '20, '22
not have to accept only those who kiss Trump's feet again  thanks to him  :x

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Ga Dem ---> now Repub
« Reply #1473 on: July 11, 2023, 12:24:36 PM »
 :-D

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/11/georgia-democrat-switches-parties-democrats-crucified-me-abuse-black-community/

of course, the entire state, national, and media-DNC complex will have their mobs go after her ,  her family, her race,  and the rest.

She will be Clarence "Thomased"

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Congressional races, Hung Cao for Virginia US Senate seat
« Reply #1474 on: July 19, 2023, 06:35:49 AM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 12:09:56 PM by DougMacG »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 19, 2023, 02:44:34 PM »
WOW!

Posted it on my FB page and a certain forum.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mitch suffers sudden staring spell
« Reply #1476 on: July 26, 2023, 12:56:19 PM »
quite an impressive acute event:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/26/mitch-mcconnell-freezes-up-at-presser-returns-and-says-im-fine/

WHAT WILL BE QUITE INTERESTING IS HOW THE MSM COVERS THIS.

My guess it will broadcast all night long - THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THEM COVERING UP FOR BIDEN'S DEMENTIA RELATED PERFORMANCES DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 26, 2023, 02:48:32 PM »
Reality is coming for the gerontocracy.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Left wing media all over the McConnell story
« Reply #1478 on: July 28, 2023, 01:27:21 PM »
2 days ago I posted this:

WHAT WILL BE QUITE INTERESTING IS HOW THE MSM COVERS THIS.

My guess it will broadcast all night long - THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THEM COVERING UP FOR BIDEN'S DEMENTIA RELATED PERFORMANCES DAY IN AND DAY OUT.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-will-succeed-mitch-mcconnell-likely-candidates-minority-leader-1815959

It is so disgusting how they cover this story and not a peep about the President's dementia

They will prop him up till they are 100% sure they have the replacement ready to go

maybe Gavin or someone else.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The Woman in the Green Shirt
« Reply #1479 on: July 28, 2023, 01:45:48 PM »
Notice how McConnell freezes when she touches his wrist.

As if a hypnotist anchor as played in "The Mentalist".

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
From my Congressman
« Reply #1480 on: July 29, 2023, 12:03:35 PM »

Rep. Dan Bishop
Dear  Marc,

This week, the House passed a bill funding Military Construction and the Department of Veterans Affairs for Fiscal Year 2024. This is the first step in Speaker McCarthy honoring our deal in January to pass all twelve total annual appropriations bills separately. It has been well over a decade since Congress passed and had all twelve bills signed into law separately.  In years past, when the appropriations process broke down, Swamp leadership would force its uniparty priorities through in a monstrous “omnibus” package, which happened last December.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
KY dem governor can defy law and appoint Dem to replace Mitch
« Reply #1482 on: July 30, 2023, 08:04:32 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ky-governor-has-set-the-stage-for-ignoring-law-banning-him-from-appointing-a-dem-if-mcconnell-steps-down-report/ar-AA1ewJWh?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=74cc5559570c4d6ea6fb4eba16d1f496&ei=15

**Mitch McConnell (Republican Party) is a member of the U.S. Senate from Kentucky. He assumed office on January 3, 1985. His current term ends on January 3, 2027**

fallicies -

we are a nation of laws
Democrats must protect Demoracy

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 05:55:16 PM by DougMacG »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Will he rot in jail like the J6 trespassers?
« Reply #1485 on: October 02, 2023, 05:30:04 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-rep-bowman-faces-investigation-124955466.html

"I thought the fire alarm was a door handle."

Really?

He tried to delay, disrupt a vote in Congress.  We have precedent for that.  600(?) people rotting in jail.  Join them.  Equal treatment under the law? 

Not for the ruling party.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 06:16:35 AM by DougMacG »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Gaetz
« Reply #1489 on: October 03, 2023, 09:34:57 AM »
I read some hints somewhere Repubs are looking into Gaetz past alleged sex trafficking - again.

I like his warrior spirit, but at some point one has to wake up to reality and conclude burning down the barn will not save the animals.

He certainly is a narcissist who loves to hear his own voice.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post : McCarthy
« Reply #1490 on: October 03, 2023, 10:13:14 AM »
I think Kevin is doing a superb job!

Look at how he handles this interview:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cbs-anchor-cant-keep-straight-070516877.html

no comparison with him to losers like swampster's Paul Ryan and Boehner (the marijauna salesman only outdone by the relaxium king)

Kevin's Benghazi gaff now a distant almost forgotten memory  :-D

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd post : McCarthy
« Reply #1491 on: October 03, 2023, 02:35:06 PM »
I don't know what to think.  The people making a protest have no message I can tell, and no strategy I can see.

As a Congressman you are one of 435 with zero power until you form coalitions.
The only coalition that matters is 218 or more to make a majority.

The optics of it matters.  The most conservative among us should be advocating for good and make reasonable demands.  If they are. I haven't heard it.

There is some responsibility on these people to persuade others, not bully them.  If you can't form a majority, you are by definition in the minority, and not making policy.

Being labeled a kook is especially bad if it's true.

Siding with Democrats to make Republicans look bad is beyond stupid.  cf. Liz Cheney.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Kari Lake running for Senate (really Trump VP)
« Reply #1492 on: October 03, 2023, 10:06:41 PM »
there was a time I liked her

now she strikes me as a blow hard narcissist

Matt Gaetz like

https://news.yahoo.com/kari-lake-jumps-arizona-senate-010958704.html

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 04, 2023, 03:16:43 AM »
I too have come to doubt Kari Lake-- a lot of apparently "Release the Kraken" type promises of proof.  Will be a huge error if Trump picks her for VP.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NRO: In Contempt of Congress
« Reply #1494 on: October 04, 2023, 04:15:45 AM »
NR PLUS MEMBER FULL VIEW
The Real Problem with the People in Congress

On the menu today: My colleague Dan McLaughlin asked what’s wrong with Congress, and he offered a laundry list of senators and House members behaving badly in ways that seem well outside the norm — as if the halls of the chambers had been overrun by the latest batch of freaks on Big Brother or one of those other conflict-as-entertainment reality shows that, if watched in sufficient quantity, will turn your brain into oatmeal. But there’s a common thread that runs through almost all of the recent embarrassing congressional scandals: a strikingly deep-rooted attitude that once these idiots got elected to Congress, the rules, and even the laws, no longer applied to them. Why is populist anger spreading so quickly? Because members of Congress keep throwing gasoline on the fire. Ironically, self-identified populists are some of the worst offenders here.

I’ll Tell You What’s Wrong with the People in Congress, Dan!

Yesterday, my sharp-minded colleague Dan McLaughlin — superstar of C-SPAN — asked the question, “What Is Wrong with the People in Congress?” You are forgiven if you expected a 14-part series that will quickly be turned into a book — or perhaps a 30-book encyclopedia.

But I noticed there’s a common theme that runs through almost all the examples Dan gives. In case after case, we see members of Congress insisting that the rules that apply to everyone else shouldn’t apply to themselves. The word that keeps applying to these lawmakers’ decisions and behavior is contempt — contempt for the law, the rules, their colleagues, their constituents, and for the public at large. It’s as if these lawmakers see the rising smoke from a populist prairie fire and choose to irrigate the landscape with gasoline.*

Or perhaps they see themselves as the top beneficiaries of a system that is sputtering and about to collapse, and are grabbing all the perks and rewards they can before it does. They certainly aren’t acting like they’re the inheritors of a great tradition of self-government, the temporary stewards of a fragile system that must be preserved for the next generation to inherit.

New Jersey senator Bob Menendez has always left a trail of slime behind him wherever he went, but Dan observes, “Somehow, after the feds raided Menendez’s home and found all this incriminating evidence that pointed to him selling out his country, Chuck Schumer let Menendez keep on chairing the Senate Foreign Relations Committee for 15 months.”

Remember, the indictment against Menendez isn’t just for taking garden-variety bribes, it’s for acting as an agent of the Egyptian government:

Menendez provided sensitive, non-public U.S. government information to Egyptian officials and otherwise took steps to secretly aid the Government of Egypt. For example, in or about May 2018, Menendez provided Egyptian officials with non-public information regarding the number and nationality of persons serving at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt. Although this information was not classified, it was deemed highly sensitive because it could pose significant operational security concerns if disclosed to a foreign government or made public.

Later that same month, Menendez ghost-wrote a letter on behalf of Egypt to other U.S. Senators advocating for them to release a hold on $300 million in aid to Egypt. Menendez sent this ghost-written letter to Nadine Menendez, who forwarded it to Hana, who sent it to Egyptian officials.

That’s about one step away from espionage!

If you’re an ordinary government worker with a security clearance, you can lose that clearance for a whole bunch of reasons — failure to address financial issues, lying in any way on any official form or during a polygraph, or imbibing illegal substances. The FBI raided the Menendez home and found the $480,000 in cash, the gold bars, and the rest back in June 2022. If you were an ordinary government worker and the FBI raided your home and found a fortune that you couldn’t plausibly explain, do you think you would keep your access to classified information for the next 15 months? Me neither. They’d aim to revoke it in the next 15 minutes.

There’s one rule for senators like Menendez, and another rule for the little people. And hey, we’ve seen that attitude at work for non-Senate elected officials with giant stacks of classified documents in their bathrooms, as well as next to their Corvettes.

(By the way, did you know that Menendez’s daughter, Alicia Menendez, is a weekend anchor for MSNBC? She’s pledged to recuse herself from coverage of her father’s indictment.)

Then there’s New York congressman Jamaal Bowman, who began the weekend insisting that he didn’t know what a fire alarm would do, and yesterday insisted that his staff didn’t understand who the Nazis were. These are lies, of course, but if we take Bowman at his word, he and his staff are too dumb to have any role in shaping U.S. laws.

But falsely pulling a fire alarm is against the law, and whether Bowman is charged under D.C. law or federal law, he should be facing serious fines and jail time. Illegal obstruction of congressional proceedings — you know, the felony that a lot of the January 6 rioters are getting charged with — would get an ordinary person up to five years in prison. Bowman has yet to be charged with anything, even though the facts of his actions are not in dispute.

Dan’s third example is Colorado Republican representative Lauren Boebert. Look, congresswoman, leave the theater-going carnal exploration for the Alanis Morisette songs.

On September 13, Politico published a profile about how Boebert had “pivot[ed] away from nonstop combativeness” and was “moderating,” and how she claimed she worked well with Colorado’s Democratic senators. That rather generous profile about how Boebert had grown and changed was completed before the theater incident:

The incident report states that after receiving the intermission warning, about five minutes into the second act security officials received “another complaint about the patrons being loud and at the time (they) were recording.” Taking pictures or recording is not permitted at shows.

The report quotes one of the ushers: “They told me they would not leave. I told them that they need to leave the theater and if they do not, they will be trespassing. The patrons said they would not leave. I told them I would (be) going to get Denver Police. They said go get them.”

Boebert initially claimed the only thing she did was take a photo of the show with her cell phone and that she didn’t know that was against the theater rules. As you likely know, the video showed a lot more than that. No one else in that theater was doing what they were doing, and Boebert had been warned. Clearly, she didn’t think the rules applied to her.

If Boebert really wants to be a member of the House, she hides it well. She acts like she wants to be a social-media and reality-show star. There are about 734,000 people in Boebert’s district — which covers communities such as Durango, Aspen, and Pueblo — and they deserve somebody who actually wants the job of representing them.

As for Dan’s fourth example, Pennsylvania senator John Fetterman, I’m glad he has agreed to wear a suit and tie when he’s presiding over the Senate or is on the floor of the chamber. As noted last month, Fetterman was briefly exempt from the Senate’s traditional dress code, but all the Senate staff, pages, and visitors around him were not. Fetterman apparently believed it made sense to require the Senate pages — juniors in high school — to wear “navy blue pants, white long-sleeve shirt, dark blue tie, and black shoes and socks,” even as he walked through the chamber in shorts, sneakers, and a hoodie.

Dan concludes with the late California senator Dianne Feinstein, and notes, “Whatever my political disagreements with her, she spoke, dressed, and carried herself with dignity so long as she was capable of doing so.”

But there are not a lot of jobs where you can continue to work, and refuse to retire, at age 90. And notice that Feinstein did not entrust anything in her personal life to a nonagenarian.

Feinstein’s doctors were not in their 90s. None of her staffers were in their 90s. Her office manager and driver for 20 years — you know, the one reporting to Chinese intelligence — was well below age 90. Senator Feinstein didn’t delegate anything important to anyone in their 90s because most people in their 90s are in a condition where just getting through the day vertically instead of horizontally is a victory. Feinstein understood that age 90 was too old for everybody else to do their job . . . but still believed she, at 90, wasn’t too old to remain in the Senate. In her mind, the rule that you should hang up your spurs and enjoy your golden years by, say, age 80 applied to other people, but not herself.

One more example Dan mentioned in passing: California governor Gavin Newsom is appointing Laphonza Butler, the head of EMILY’s List and a resident of Maryland for at least the past two years, to be the state’s next U.S. senator, serving out the rest of Feinstein’s term. (Notice the perfectly absurd headline on a Maryland news site, “California governor names Maryland resident Laphonza Butler to Feinstein Senate seat.”)

You and I can’t vote in a state where we don’t live. But apparently, Butler can represent a completely different state in the U.S. Senate. Newsom deemed Butler owning a house in California as a sufficient tie to the state. The AP reported, “She is expected to reregister to vote in California before being sworn in.” Yesterday, I noted the regular controversies over representatives who live outside their districts, usually as a result of redistricting changing the district lines, and the representative not moving to a new house when the lines changed. For at least the past two years, Butler has lived roughly 2,300 miles from the California state line.

We keep getting this message: “I’m an elected official, therefore, the rules don’t apply to me.”

Getting elected to Congress doesn’t make you royalty or an aristocrat or a Hollywood star or a CEO or a pro athlete. Your special privilege is the work, and a role in legislating the laws. Members of Congress get $174,000 per year; a $3,000 tax deduction for living expenses; eligibility for the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program; and an allowance for travel, office expenses, staff, and mail. That allowance is calculated using a formula that takes several factors into account, including the size of their state or district and its distance from Washington, and can range from about $1.3 million to about $4.8 million. They get free office space, furniture, and office equipment in the U.S. Capitol and in federal buildings. They get to go on codels — congressional member delegations — traveling on the taxpayers’ dime to foreign countries.

In other words, members of Congress already get plenty of compensation and perks. They don’t need any additional special privileges or exemptions from the law or the rules.

Former North Carolina Republican representative Madison Cawthorn is gone, but I’ll point to him as the Platonic ideal of an idiot who went to Congress wanting to be a star, not to do the actual job of representing his district. Once he lost his primary, Cawthorn stopped doing the work, but kept collecting his paycheck:

Cawthorn’s failure to turn over casework to his successor’s office is getting the most attention this morning, but judging from a report last November, he stopped doing anything related to casework long before his term ended. . . .

Republican Chuck Edwards, who succeeded Cawthorn, spent at least a month trying to get casework information from him. It sounds like the former congressman skipped town and let all his calls go to voice mail.

I remind you, Cawthorn’s last speech on the floor of the House bitterly complained that “America is weak,” and that no one took responsibility or was willing to work hard any more.

We keep saying it over and over and over again, but large swaths of the public don’t want to hear it: Government is not entertainment. It has real responsibilities and real duties. Some of these matters are life and death. You wouldn’t trust a bunch of circus clowns to run the bank where you have your savings account, watch over your child’s health, fix your car’s brakes, conduct your home repair, or investigate crimes in your community. So why do you entrust them with the federal government?

That cynical shrug of, “They all suck, so we might as well get some entertainment out of it all” is exactly the attitude they want you to have. If you lower your standards, the idiots win.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 04, 2023, 09:08:22 AM »
Third

Do I hear correctly that Nancy was kicked out of her primo location office?

While she was eulogizing Feinstein?

The hag certainly deserves it, but if this is true the pettiness of it will have consequences is not what the country needs in this moment.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 04, 2023, 10:09:59 AM »
CD, I am not able to discern who authored the NRO article you posted two posts ago

The Real Problem with the People in Congress

but agree with spectacle of Congress members thinking their poop does not have an odor.

He did not even mention George Santos  :-o  (maybe because he is in the Senate?)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
moved from another thread ; Laura confronted Gaetz
« Reply #1497 on: October 04, 2023, 10:11:17 AM »
yes - Newt gave Gaetz a verbal ass kicking!

Did you see Laura interview Gaetz just after she televised Kevin's speech - she kicked his ass too.

I thought she was great - especially since she did not have much time to prepare (hrs?)

BTW , I see the interview is fully posted online so I post here, can skip the interruption showing Kevin's speech for the beginning and then end of interview with Matt.

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=gaetz+on+laura+ingraham&qpvt=gaetz+on+laura+ingraham&mid=D6A58FCF5DD7CABE7649D6A58FCF5DD7CABE7649&&FORM=VRDGAR
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 10:18:14 AM by ccp »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
WP as usual distorts what happened
« Reply #1498 on: October 04, 2023, 10:26:10 AM »
reading this reminded me of Doug's point that there is NO MENTION in Left propaganda outlets
that ALL dems voted to oust McCarthy

only the 8 Repubs who did (another ruse to try to state Democracy is at risk entirely due to Repubs)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/vote-to-oust-mccarthy-is-a-warning-sign-for-democracy-scholars-say/ar-AA1hH9Yq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2a968feee4d24356b19644c3e53ce9d4&ei=16

"“If you want to know what it looks like when democracy is in trouble, this is what it looks like,” said Daniel Ziblatt, professor of government at Harvard University. “It should set off alarm bells that something is not right.”

The vote reflected the enormous power that a small group of representatives camped on their party’s ideological fringe can wield over an entire institution, said Ziblatt, co-author of the book, “Tyranny of the Minority.”

Well wait just one second !  It was  not the minority that did this - it was a tiny Republican minority and COMPLETE Democrat MAJORITY  that did thi!

Oh the threat to Democracy is all from the "FAR RIGHT!"   :roll:

Again we can't let them control the narrative !!!!