Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 430392 times)

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
BRILLIANT move on Trump's part...
« Reply #1250 on: August 17, 2016, 12:12:30 PM »
Brilliant! Trump Brings Breitbart CEO On Board as Campaign Chief

ByPamela Geller on August 17, 2016

I know Steve Bannon. It’s an inspired choice.

Andrew Breitbart is cheering from heaven.

Brilliant. Steve Bannon is a warrior. He has  long understood that this is a war in the information battle-space (something the right has failed to grasp, despite the left’s smear machine against those with whom they disagree.) The media is out to destroy Donald Trump. Trump needs a champion, a “Patton,” a Bannon.

This is fantastic news. Heads are exploding on the left.

“NY Times: Donald Trump, in Shake-Up, Hires Breitbart Executive Stephen K. Bannon for Top Campaign Post,”

Maggie Haberman and Ashley Parker write in the New York Times:

LAS VEGAS — Donald J. Trump has shaken up his presidential campaign for the second time in two months, hiring a top executive from the conservative website Breitbart News and promoting a senior adviser in an effort to right his faltering campaign.

Stephen Bannon, the executive chairman of Breitbart News LLC, will become the Republican campaign’s chief executive, and Kellyanne Conway, a senior adviser and pollster for Mr. Trump and his running mate, Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana, will become the campaign manager.

Paul Manafort, the campaign chairman, will retain his title. But the staffing change, hammered out on Sunday and set to be formally announced Wednesday morning, was seen by some as a demotion for Mr. Manafort.

[…]

“We met as the ‘core four’ today,” Ms. Conway added, referring to herself, Mr. Bannon, Mr. Manafort and Mr. Gates.

People briefed on the move said that it reflected Mr. Trump’s realization that his campaign was at a crisis point. But it indicates that the candidate — who has chafed at making the types of changes his current aides have asked for, even though he had acknowledged they would need to occur — has decided to embrace his aggressive style for the duration of the race.

Both Ms. Conway and Mr. Bannon, whose news organization has been very favorable to Mr. Trump since he entered the primaries, are close with Robert and Rebekah Mercer, the father-and-daughter conservative donors who have become allies of the candidate and are funding a “super PAC” that is working against Hillary Clinton.

[…]

Mr. Bannon has no experience with political campaigns, but he represents the type of bare-knuckled fighter that the candidate had in Corey Lewandowski, his combative former campaign manager, who was fired on June 20.

Mr. Bannon has been a supporter of Mr. Trump’s pugilistic instincts, which the candidate has made clear in interviews he is uncertain about suppressing. He is also deeply mistrustful of the political establishment, and his website has often been critical of Speaker Paul D. Ryan and Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader.

- See more at: http://pamelageller.com/2016/08/briiliant-trump-brings-breitbart-ceo-on-board-as-campaign-chief.html/#sthash.L11wQqsl.dpuf
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #1251 on: August 17, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »
Not sure if the Breitbart guy now coming directly into the campaign is good or not. 
Certainly the rumors that Manafort got millions in cash from Russian backed Ukranians is not helpful and fits right into the LEFts narrative about Trump colluding with Putin.

Breitbart has been undoubtedly in the tank for Trump from the start.  And Trumps loves that.  But will the undecideds get convinced?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 17, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »
Good to dial back on Manafort in the wake of the Russki $$$ issue.

If Putin invades Ukraine after Trump said "Trust me, he won't" this will be very bad for Trump.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Horowitz: "Trump's Lincolnesque Moment"...
« Reply #1254 on: August 21, 2016, 04:01:56 PM »
DONALD TRUMP’S LINCOLNESQUE MOMENT

A landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party.

August 19, 2016  David Horowitz

Today in Dimondale Michigan Donald Trump gave what was not only the best speech of his campaign but a speech that will one day be seen as a landmark in the emergence of a new Republican Party – a party finally returning to its roots as the party of Lincoln. If this sounds like hyperbole ask yourself what other Republican leader in recent memory has addressed America’s African American communities in this voice:

The African-American community has given so much to this country.  They’ve fought and died in every war since the Revolution.  They’ve lifted up the conscience of our nation in the long march for Civil Rights.  They’ve sacrificed so much for the national good.  Yet, nearly 4 in 10 African-American children still live in poverty, and 58% of young African-Americans are not working. We must do better as a country.  I refuse to believe that the future must be like the past.

Trump’s Dimondale speech was a pledge to African Americans trapped in the blighted zones and killing fields of inner cities exclusively ruled by Democrats for half a century and more, and exploited by their political leaders for votes, and also used as fodder for slanders directed at their Republican opponents. This was his appeal:

Tonight, I am asking for the vote of every African-American citizen in this country who wants a better future. The inner cities of our country have been run by the Democratic Party for 50 years.  Their policies have produced only poverty, joblessness, failing schools, and broken homes. It is time to hold Democratic Politicians accountable for what they have done to these communities.  It is time to hold failed leaders accountable for their results, not just their empty words.

Time to hold the Democrats responsible for what they have done. For twenty years I and many others on the right have waited for Republican leaders to do just this. Until now we have despaired of seeing this happen in our lifetimes. But here is Trump articulating the very message we have been waiting for - support for America’s inner city poor – a message that should have been front and center of every Republican campaign for the last fifty years.

Trump: “Look at what the Democratic Party has done to the city of Detroit. Forty percent of Detroit’s residents live in poverty.  Half of all Detroit residents do not work. Detroit tops the list of Most Dangerous Cities in terms of violent crime. This is the legacy of the Democrat politicians who have run this city.  This is the result of the policy agenda embraced by Hillary Clinton…. The one thing every item in Hillary Clinton’s agenda has in common is that it takes jobs and opportunities from African-American workers.  Her support for open borders.  Her fierce opposition to school choice.  Her plan to massively raise taxes on small businesses.  Her opposition to American energy.  And her record of giving our jobs away to other countries.”

Tying the fight to liberate African Americans and other minorities from the violent urban wastelands in which Democrats have trapped them to his other proposals– secure borders, law and order to make urban environments safe, jobs for American workers, putting Americans first – these are a sure sign that Trump has an integrated vision of the future towards which he is working. Call it populism if you will. To me it seems like a clear-eyed conservative plan to restore American values and even to unify America’s deeply fractured electorate.

I love this line: “America must reject the bigotry of Hillary Clinton who sees communities of color only as votes, not as human beings worthy of a better future.” Yes African Americans and other Americans too are suffocating under the racism of the Democratic Party which takes African Americans for granted and lets the communities of the most vulnerable sink ever deeper into a maelstrom of poverty and violence without end.

Trump being Trump offers this constituency that has turned its back on Republicans for half a century this deal maker: “Look at how much African-American communities have suffered under Democratic Control. To those hurting, I say: what do you have to lose by trying something new?’

In the boldest imaginable way, Donald Trump is doing what Republicans have been talking about doing for a generation but have failed miserably to achieve – creating a “big tent” and opening up the party to new constituencies, in particular to minority constituencies. The fact that at the moment he is nonetheless distrusted by minorities is partly the result of his flamboyant carelessness with language during his extemporaneous riffs, but mainly because of the vicious distortions of his words and character by his unscruplous Democratic enemies and their media whores. These progressives pretend to care about African Americans but are content to let generations of inner city minorities and their children live blighted lives so long as they can be bussed to the polls every November and cast the votes that keep them in power.

Not to forget the #NeverTrumpers on the Republican side. These defectors are among the loudest slanderers, smearing Trump as a racist and a bigot when he is obviously the very opposite of that. In fact, when you look at what Trump is actually saying and actually doing, Never Trumpism appears as the newest racism of low expectations. To turn their backs on Trump conservatives must write off the inner cities and their suffering populations, regarding them as irredeemable, and unpersuadable, while leaveing them to their fate. Fortunately there is a large constituency in the Republican Party that resonates to Trump’s message of a new Republican Party and a new hope for all Americans - white and non-white – who have been left behind.
"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 22, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
2nd post: Trump appeals for black vote
« Reply #1256 on: August 22, 2016, 10:20:01 AM »
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 04:08:27 AM by Crafty_Dog »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: NRO: Trump moving towards more coherent immigration policy?
« Reply #1258 on: August 23, 2016, 06:39:03 AM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439228/donald-trump-immigration-plan-amnesty-option

He is taking a more electable path, a Rubio path...  That doesn't make previous statements go away. 

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
9 Lives of Donald Trump, Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1259 on: August 23, 2016, 08:37:28 AM »
VDH is always a good read.  This is a particularly good piece on the state of the race today and where it might go from here.

"Trump’s political obituary over the last 14 months has been rewritten about every three weeks. ..."

Hanson sees a scenario where this can still turn in Trump's favor.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/439256/donald-trump-unexpected-opportunity?target=author&tid=900280

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Nothing on Trump's illegal immigration flip flop at hottrumpkoolaid.net
« Reply #1260 on: August 24, 2016, 01:55:42 PM »
Waiting for Pat's outrage.

I doubt anyone here has posted that Trump is evil incarnate. If they did, I missed it. Trump may well win. Prepare yourself for when he fcuks us over to make his "deals".

Since I quit posting here, I have been lurking, reading the posts on the election and the candidates. Several times I have almost posted, but realized that I would once again subject myself to negative articles about Trump promoting media and political talking points that have taken Trump’s words out of  context, his history having been distorted, and rants that Trump is evil incarnate. I can go anywhere for that.

Since Hotair.com blew themselves up by going over Facebook for posting, I have been a part of www.HotGas.net  I am a featured commenter and one of the moderators there.

There is no place generally to go and have a reasoned debate on Trump, Clinton and the ongoing election. Go to The Right Scoop, and anyone opposing Cruz is subjected to the vilest comments imaginable. (I went there once and after writing about 50 words on why the article written was misrepresenting a Trump position, I was attacked in ways that would make a sailor blush. And within two minutes, I was permanently banned.)

Conservation Review? The same thing occurs. Luciannel.com? Yep, banned The National Review, pro Trump comments are often deleted. But the same happens with the Pro Trump website, The Conservative Treehouse.

I am writing this because I am extending an offer to anyone here.

At HotGas, we would welcome anyone here to pen a thought out article on your views of Trump, other candidates, or the coming General Election.  Then, we can have a reasonable discussion, no name calling, etc.

If anyone chooses to write an article, be prepared to back up claims with proof or facts to support the claims. You will be challenged on what is presented.
Know that HG does support Trump. But know this also…..over 50% of our posters and readers were either Cruz people, as a first or second choice, but most have flipped. We would be happy to discuss why the flipping.

This is your opportunity to present your views to a website that has over 15k unique visits per day, and about 30k hits per day.  Just amazing for a website that began on Feb 8, 2016 and has been operational for just 3 months.

If you want to submit an article, just send me an email, and I will get it posted as a Featured Reader Submission. Just make sure it is well thought out and not just a series of rants.

Pat   ppulatie@pacbell.net

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing on Trump's illegal immigration flip flop at hottrumpkoolaid.net
« Reply #1261 on: August 24, 2016, 02:06:19 PM »

http://theweek.com/speedreads/644687/donald-trump-supporters-dont-seem-mind-apparent-flipflop-immigration

I doubt anyone here has posted that Trump is evil incarnate. If they did, I missed it. Trump may well win. Prepare yourself for when he fcuks us over to make his "deals".

Since I quit posting here, I have been lurking, reading the posts on the election and the candidates. Several times I have almost posted, but realized that I would once again subject myself to negative articles about Trump promoting media and political talking points that have taken Trump’s words out of  context, his history having been distorted, and rants that Trump is evil incarnate. I can go anywhere for that.

Since Hotair.com blew themselves up by going over Facebook for posting, I have been a part of www.HotGas.net  I am a featured commenter and one of the moderators there.

There is no place generally to go and have a reasoned debate on Trump, Clinton and the ongoing election. Go to The Right Scoop, and anyone opposing Cruz is subjected to the vilest comments imaginable. (I went there once and after writing about 50 words on why the article written was misrepresenting a Trump position, I was attacked in ways that would make a sailor blush. And within two minutes, I was permanently banned.)

Conservation Review? The same thing occurs. Luciannel.com? Yep, banned The National Review, pro Trump comments are often deleted. But the same happens with the Pro Trump website, The Conservative Treehouse.

I am writing this because I am extending an offer to anyone here.

At HotGas, we would welcome anyone here to pen a thought out article on your views of Trump, other candidates, or the coming General Election.  Then, we can have a reasonable discussion, no name calling, etc.

If anyone chooses to write an article, be prepared to back up claims with proof or facts to support the claims. You will be challenged on what is presented.
Know that HG does support Trump. But know this also…..over 50% of our posters and readers were either Cruz people, as a first or second choice, but most have flipped. We would be happy to discuss why the flipping.

This is your opportunity to present your views to a website that has over 15k unique visits per day, and about 30k hits per day.  Just amazing for a website that began on Feb 8, 2016 and has been operational for just 3 months.

If you want to submit an article, just send me an email, and I will get it posted as a Featured Reader Submission. Just make sure it is well thought out and not just a series of rants.

Pat   ppulatie@pacbell.net

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
He just handed the election to the felon
« Reply #1262 on: August 24, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/08/has-trump-blown-the-immigration-issue.php

Has Trump Blown the Immigration Issue?

Through the primary season, illegal immigration was Donald Trump’s signature issue. He loudly promised to deport the millions of illegal immigrants in the U.S., and build a high wall that would keep out future unlawful entrants. I don’t think there is much doubt that it was Trump’s seemingly strong position on immigration that propelled him to the front of the Republican race.

But recently, Trump has softened his comments on illegal immigration, even backing off of his pledge to deport the illegals who are already here. Byron York thinks Trump has made a mess of the issue:

What is the status of his old proposal to deport all immigrants who are in the United States illegally? After days of Trump and his senior advisers talking about it, the answer is entirely unclear.
    Trump has held many, many rallies in which he talked about building the wall — he’s talked about it so much that it is now a call-and-response with some audiences. But at the same events he said nothing about deportations.
    His new campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, has said Trump’s position on deportations is to be determined. Trump himself has said things that appear to be hardline and things that appear much softer. The problem will not be resolved until Trump lays out, in some systematic way, where he stands on the question and explains in turn where that position fits into his larger immigration policy.

Part of the problem is that Trump has always been a squish on immigration, if you took his proposals seriously. Sure, he said he would deport the current generation of illegals. But remember that his high wall had a “huge door” in it. All those deported illegals who were “good” would promptly be re-admitted to the U.S. In practice, there is no possible definition of a “good” illegal immigrant other than one who has not been convicted of a felony. That means that if you took Trump’s proposal seriously, his much-feared mass deportation of illegals would amount to almost nothing, since virtually all of them would promptly be let back in–this time legally!

Presumably this wasn’t what Trump’s supporters had in mind, but it is what Trump put on his web site. One of our frequent email correspondents made the point in language less delicate than Byron’s, commenting on this InstaPundit post where Trump said he would only deport the “bad” illegal immigrants:

Trump struck a starkly different tone during an interview with Bill O’Reilly of Fox News that aired on Monday night. Trump said he would separate the country’s undocumented immigrants into two groups: The “bad ones” who would be kicked out of the country as soon as he takes office and “everybody else” who would go through the same process that the Obama Administration is currently using.

Our correspondent writes:

OH?? “enforce our laws”? Against the employers? Not bloody likely.

And this is perfect for O’Falafal, too. See, the problem is that they’re not LEEEEE-gal, that’s all. LEEEE-gal immigrants are good because they do the JAWD/JAAND for the employers — like the white farmers, ranchers, homebuilders, America’s Dairymen, contractors, small businessmen, restaurateurs, EWIC —- not like the illegal aliens who are rapists, but with some “good” “productive” people, too, though they don’t work and get welfare while they take “our” jobs. We’ll “deport” them for 10 minutes in the old “touchback” fraud sponsored by Trump’s running mate, but then they’ll come right back in! Through the “big beautiful gate” in the fraudulent wall. And then, comrade, they will be LEEEE-gal. Presto-change-o they’re now good, “productive” LEEEE-gal immigrants, just like that! That’s the magic of being LEEEE-gal which everyone is for.

Think this is what the Trumpen-proletariat has in mind? Universal amnesty, conditional on not being a rapist? Oh, and, of course, once they are LEEEE-gal they are “permanent lawful residents” and eligible for all public benefits! When they don’t work while getting welfare and simultaneously taking our jobs that will then be LEEEE-gal!

Hilarious…and you heard it here first.

There isn’t a dime’s worth of difference —- even on immigration! —– objectively, between Trump and Hillary. It’s the usual contest to stand on a dime in the middle of the 50 yard line.

The answer to the question? What happens next is the unconditional “pathway to citizenship” obviously implied by all but unconditional amnesty…and we don’t need no stinkin’ back taxes either.

Is our correspondent correct when he says there is now little difference between Trump’s position and Hillary’s on illegal immigration? (Note, as always, that the bigger problem is legal immigration, which only Trump has made an issue, but not consistently or clearly enough.) On paper, he can make a good case. But my guess is that both Trump’s supporters and Hillary’s will continue to believe that their candidates are far apart on the issue, and they probably are right. I think that as president, Hillary would essentially waive our immigration laws for the next four years, hoping to establish as many millions of non-Americans as possible as permanent residents (either de jure or de facto), while Trump would make a reasonably good faith effort to enforce our laws.

If that is right, immigration can continue to be a rallying point for the Trump campaign. Still, he has come down a long way from the rhetorical flights of last Fall, and some of his supporters will notice.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: August 25, 2016, 09:10:03 AM »
Sen. Ted Cruz "I told you so."

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: August 25, 2016, 11:55:34 AM »
Flip flop is a ninth inning hail mary.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: August 25, 2016, 12:49:47 PM »
EXCELLENT speech today by Trump in New Hampshire.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: August 25, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »
Here is transcript of the speech.  I like the theme.  Now he needs to put his money where his mouth is.
OTOH Trump's "pivot" has to be worrying the Clinton mob and the MSM libs .  The MSM will not let him get away with it so easily like they do when ever a Clinton suddenly shifts gears.  Never a comment when Bill or Hill do it.  Which is every week:

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/read-full-transcript-donald-trump-speech-rally-manchester-new-hampshire-prepared-text/
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 01:08:12 PM by ccp »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 25, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
http://theweek.com/speedreads/644687/donald-trump-supporters-dont-seem-mind-apparent-flipflop-immigration

Right.  Trump takes the Rubio electability position after thoroughly trashing it.  I also said then he wasn't going to deport anyone, just send the known criminals first and never get to the rest.  First he had to scare everyone and drive up his own negatives.

Say one thing in the primaries and another in the general election.  A different sort of politician...(?)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 25, 2016, 02:17:30 PM »
Just checked over at hottrumpkoolaid.com

Nothing on Trump's flip flop. It's like it never happened.

Right.  Trump takes the Rubio electability position after thoroughly trashing it.  I also said then he wasn't going to deport anyone, just send the known criminals first and never get to the rest.  First he had to scare everyone and drive up his own negatives.

Say one thing in the primaries and another in the general election.  A different sort of politician...(?)

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:02 PM »
"I also said then he wasn't going to deport anyone, just send the known criminals first and never get to the rest.  First he had to scare everyone and drive up his own negatives."

Yes you did Doug.  You were right all along.  He will go back to being a billionaire and the rest of us will be living under totalitarian rule under the IRON thumb of the Democrat mobsters who are hell bent on giving our country away for power.   And I will be continuously vilified because I make over 100 K a year, for being white, for being a man, and for being someone who loves America.   Shame on me. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 25, 2016, 03:35:15 PM »
Make no mistake, straight white males are being vilified in the US now like Jews and Gypsies were in 1930's Europe. Why? Draw your own conclusions.

"I also said then he wasn't going to deport anyone, just send the known criminals first and never get to the rest.  First he had to scare everyone and drive up his own negatives."

Yes you did Doug.  You were right all along.  He will go back to being a billionaire and the rest of us will be living under totalitarian rule under the IRON thumb of the Democrat mobsters who are hell bent on giving our country away for power.   And I will be continuously vilified because I make over 100 K a year, for being white, for being a man, and for being someone who loves America.   Shame on me. 

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: POTH goes after the Donald on race
« Reply #1274 on: August 27, 2016, 12:10:19 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html?emc=edit_na_20160827&nlid=49641193&ref=cta

Whitewashing the Democratic Party’s History

by Mona Charen June 26, 2015 12:00 AM @monachareneppc

The less racist the South gets, the more Republican it becomes. Here’s what the former president of the United States had to say when he eulogized his mentor, an Arkansas senator: We come to celebrate and give thanks for the remarkable life of J. William Fulbright, a life that changed our country and our world forever and for the better. . . . In the work he did, the words he spoke and the life he lived, Bill Fulbright stood against the 20th century’s most destructive forces and fought to advance its brightest hopes. So spoke President William J. Clinton in 1995 of a man was among the 99 Democrats in Congress to sign the “Southern Manifesto” in 1956. (Two Republicans also signed it.) The Southern Manifesto declared the signatories’ opposition to the Supreme Court’s decision in Brown v. Board of Education and their commitment to segregation forever. Fulbright was also among those who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That filibuster continued for 83 days. Speaking of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, let’s review (since they don’t teach this in schools): The percentage of House Democrats who supported the legislation? 61 percent. House Republicans? 80 percent. In the Senate, 69 percent of Democrats voted yes, compared with 82 percent of Republicans. (Barry Goldwater, a supporter of the NAACP, voted no because he thought it was unconstitutional.) When he was running for president in 2000, Vice President Al Gore told the NAACP that his father, Senator Al Gore Sr., had lost his Senate seat because he voted for the Civil Rights Act. Uplifting story — except it’s false. Gore Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act. He lost in 1970 in a race that focused on prayer in public schools, the Vietnam War, and the Supreme Court. Al Gore’s reframing of the relevant history is the story of the Democratic party in microcosm. The party’s history is pockmarked with racism and terror. The Democrats were the party of slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and that miserable terrorist excrescence, the Ku Klux Klan. Republicans were the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, anti-lynching laws, and the civil rights acts of 1875, 1957, 1960, and 1964. Were all Republicans models of rectitude on racial matters? Hardly. Were they a heck of a lot better than the Democrats? Without question. As recently as 2010, the Senate’s president pro tempore was former Ku Klux Klan Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd (D., W.Va.). Rather than acknowledge their sorry history, modern Democrats have rewritten it. The Democrats have been sedulously rewriting history for decades. You may recall that when MSNBC was commemorating the 50th anniversary of segregationist George Wallace’s “Stand in the Schoolhouse Door” stunt to prevent the integration of the University of Alabama, the network identified Wallace as “R., Alabama.” The Democrats have been sedulously rewriting history for decades. Their preferred version pretends that all the Democratic racists and segregationists left their party and became Republicans starting in the 1960s. How convenient. If it were true that the South began to turn Republican due to Lyndon Johnson’s passage of the Civil Rights Act, you would expect that the Deep South, the states most associated with racism, would have been the first to move. That’s not what happened. The first southern states to trend Republican were on the periphery: North Carolina, Virginia, Texas, Tennessee, and Florida. (George Wallace lost these voters in his 1968 bid.) The voters who first migrated to the Republican party were suburban, prosperous New South types. The more Republican the South has become, the less racist. Is it unforgivable that Bill Clinton praised a former segregationist? No. Fulbright renounced his racist past, as did Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr. It would be immoral and unjust to misrepresent the history. What is unforgivable is the way Democrats are still using race to foment hatred. Remember what happened to Trent Lott when he uttered a few dumb words about former segregationist Strom Thurmond? He didn’t get the kind of pass Bill Clinton did when praising Fulbright. Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton told a mostly black audience that “what is happening is a sweeping effort to disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people and young people from one end of our country to another. . . . Today Republicans are systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting.” She was presumably referring to voter-ID laws, which, by the way, 51 percent of black Americans support. Racism has an ugly past in the Democratic party. The accusation of racism has an ugly present. — Mona Charen is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. © 2015 Creators.com

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420321/democratic-party-racist-history-mona-charen

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: POTH goes after the Donald on race
« Reply #1275 on: August 30, 2016, 02:13:14 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/29/1999-jesse-jackson-praises-trumps-commitment-to-minorities-under-served-communities-video/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/politics/donald-trump-housing-race.html?emc=edit_na_20160827&nlid=49641193&ref=cta

Whitewashing the Democratic Party’s History

by Mona Charen June 26, 2015 12:00 AM @monachareneppc

The less racist the South gets, the more Republican it becomes. Here’s what the former president of the United States had to say when he eulogized his mentor, an Arkansas senator: We come to celebrate and give thanks for the remarkable life of J. William Fulbright, a life that changed our country and our world forever and for the better. . . . In the work he did, the words he spoke and the life he lived, Bill Fulbright stood against the 20th century’s most destructive forces and fought to advance its brightest hopes. So spoke President William J. Clinton in 1995 of a man was among the 99 Democrats in Congress to sign the “Southern Manifesto” in 1956. (Two Republicans also signed it.) The Southern Manifesto declared the signatories’ opposition to the Supreme Court’s decision in Brown v. Board of Education and their commitment to segregation forever. Fulbright was also among those who filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That filibuster continued for 83 days. Speaking of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, let’s review (since they don’t teach this in schools): The percentage of House Democrats who supported the legislation? 61 percent. House Republicans? 80 percent. In the Senate, 69 percent of Democrats voted yes, compared with 82 percent of Republicans. (Barry Goldwater, a supporter of the NAACP, voted no because he thought it was unconstitutional.) When he was running for president in 2000, Vice President Al Gore told the NAACP that his father, Senator Al Gore Sr., had lost his Senate seat because he voted for the Civil Rights Act. Uplifting story — except it’s false. Gore Sr. voted against the Civil Rights Act. He lost in 1970 in a race that focused on prayer in public schools, the Vietnam War, and the Supreme Court. Al Gore’s reframing of the relevant history is the story of the Democratic party in microcosm. The party’s history is pockmarked with racism and terror. The Democrats were the party of slavery, black codes, Jim Crow, and that miserable terrorist excrescence, the Ku Klux Klan. Republicans were the party of Lincoln, Reconstruction, anti-lynching laws, and the civil rights acts of 1875, 1957, 1960, and 1964. Were all Republicans models of rectitude on racial matters? Hardly. Were they a heck of a lot better than the Democrats? Without question. As recently as 2010, the Senate’s president pro tempore was former Ku Klux Klan Exalted Cyclops Robert Byrd (D., W.Va.). Rather than acknowledge their sorry history, modern Democrats have rewritten it. The Democrats have been sedulously rewriting history for decades. You may recall that when MSNBC was commemorating the 50th anniversary of segregationist George Wallace’s “Stand in the Schoolhouse Door” stunt to prevent the integration of the University of Alabama, the network identified Wallace as “R., Alabama.” The Democrats have been sedulously rewriting history for decades. Their preferred version pretends that all the Democratic racists and segregationists left their party and became Republicans starting in the 1960s. How convenient. If it were true that the South began to turn Republican due to Lyndon Johnson’s passage of the Civil Rights Act, you would expect that the Deep South, the states most associated with racism, would have been the first to move. That’s not what happened. The first southern states to trend Republican were on the periphery: North Carolina, Virginia, Texas, Tennessee, and Florida. (George Wallace lost these voters in his 1968 bid.) The voters who first migrated to the Republican party were suburban, prosperous New South types. The more Republican the South has become, the less racist. Is it unforgivable that Bill Clinton praised a former segregationist? No. Fulbright renounced his racist past, as did Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr. It would be immoral and unjust to misrepresent the history. What is unforgivable is the way Democrats are still using race to foment hatred. Remember what happened to Trent Lott when he uttered a few dumb words about former segregationist Strom Thurmond? He didn’t get the kind of pass Bill Clinton did when praising Fulbright. Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton told a mostly black audience that “what is happening is a sweeping effort to disempower and disenfranchise people of color, poor people and young people from one end of our country to another. . . . Today Republicans are systematically and deliberately trying to stop millions of American citizens from voting.” She was presumably referring to voter-ID laws, which, by the way, 51 percent of black Americans support. Racism has an ugly past in the Democratic party. The accusation of racism has an ugly present. — Mona Charen is a senior fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center. © 2015 Creators.com

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/420321/democratic-party-racist-history-mona-charen

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 31, 2016, 07:02:07 AM »
Caught the portion of Trump's big immigration speech last night that was on Hannity.  The portion that I caught was REALLY good!  A bold political play with the potential for a real paradigm shift in American politics.

In a closely related vein, here is this:  By
HEATHER MAC DONALD
Aug. 29, 2016 7:13 p.m. ET
1355 COMMENTS
Hillary Clinton tried to tar Donald Trump as a racist last week by associating him with the “alt-right.” Yet it is Mr. Trump who has decried the loss of black life to violent crime—and has promptly been declared biased for doing so. Whether intentionally or not, Mr. Trump has exposed the hypocrisy of the Black Lives Matter movement and its allies.

Speaking in West Bend, Wis., on Aug. 16, only days after the recent riots in Milwaukee, Mr. Trump observed that during “the last 72 hours . . . another nine were killed in Chicago and another 46 were wounded.” The victims, as in other cities with rising crime, were overwhelmingly black.

Bringing safety to inner-city residents should be a top presidential priority, Mr. Trump said: “Our job is to make life more comfortable for the African-American parent who wants their kids to be able to safely walk the streets and walk to school. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.” Mr. Trump promised to restore law and order “for the sake of all, but most especially for the sake of those living in the affected communities.”

The reaction was swift. The progressive website Crooks and Liars deemed Mr. Trump’s speech a “mashup of Hitler and George Wallace.” On CNN the activist and former Obama adviser Van Jones called it “despicable” and “shocking in its divisiveness.” Historian Josh Zeitz told USA Today that “the term law and order in modern American politics is, ipso facto, a racially tinged term.”

Mr. Trump’s acceptance speech in July at the Republican National Convention provoked similar dismay. “Young Americans in Baltimore, in Chicago, in Detroit, in Ferguson,” he said, have “the same right to live out their dreams as any other child in America.”

This defense of black children was too much for Alicia Garza, a co-founder of the Black Lives Matter movement. “The terrifying vision that Donald J. Trump is putting forward casts him alongside some of the worst fascists in history,” Ms. Garza said. The executive director of the Advancement Project, Judith Browne Dianis, complained that “the speech lends itself to be interpreted as isolating and scapegoating of communities of color.” Political commentator Sally Kohn wrote in Time that Mr. Trump “has basically recycled Richard Nixon’s version of dog whistle racism by insisting he is the ‘law and order candidate’—implicitly protecting White America.”

Why this frenzied effort to demonize Mr. Trump for addressing the heightened violence in inner cities? Because the Republican nominee has also correctly identified its cause: the false “narrative of cops as a racist force in our society,” as he put it in Wisconsin.

Ever since the Black Lives Matter movement burst onto the national scene in 2014, following the fatal police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., violent crime has surged in urban areas. In America’s largest 56 cities, homicides rose 17% last year, the largest one-year increase in more than two decades. In Washington, D.C., homicides jumped 54%; in Milwaukee, 73%; in Cleveland, 90%.

The reason is a drop-off in the proactive policing that activists and academics denounce as racist. While cops continue to rush to 911 calls in minority neighborhoods, they are making fewer pedestrian stops and engaging in less public-order enforcement. Backing off such activity is presumably what Black Lives Matter supporters, including President Obama, want.

Yet the victims of the resulting crime surge are almost exclusively black; whites have largely been unaffected. In Baltimore, 45 people were killed in July 2015, 43 of them black. In Chicago, 2,460 blacks were shot last year, lethally or non-lethally, according to the city’s police department. That’s nearly seven a day. Seventy-eight white residents were shot in 2015, though the white share of the Chicago population is about the same as the black share. Blacks in Chicago were 18 times more likely to be killed last year than whites, up from eight times more likely in 2005.

Police shootings are a minute fraction of this carnage. So far this year in Chicago, they account for about 0.5% of all shootings. Four studies published this year alone have further undercut the claim that we are living through an epidemic of racially biased policing shootings. Harvard economist Roland Fryer, for example, examined data from Dallas, Austin, Houston, Los Angeles and six Florida counties. He found no evidence of racial discrimination in police shootings; officers in Houston were nearly 24% less likely to shoot blacks than whites.

When Mr. Trump pledges to restore law and order, he is not promising to “protect White America,” in Sally Kohn’s words. He is addressing a problem that whites could easily ignore, if they were the bigots that the Black Lives Matter movement and nearly the whole of academia make them out to be.
Strangely, it is Mr. Obama and Black Lives Matter sympathizers who have turned their eyes from the rising black victimization. FBI Director James Comey warned last October that the “chill wind blowing through American law enforcement” was leading to a “huge increase” in urban homicides and shootings. Mr. Obama promptly accused him of “cherry-picking data” and having a “political agenda.”

After Mr. Trump drew attention in his convention speech to the rising urban violence, President Obama again dismissed the casualties as merely an “uptick in murders and violent crime in some cities.” It is hard not to translate this is as: white lives matter; black lives, not so much.

Mr. Trump’s call to restore law and order recognizes the right of inner-city residents to enjoy the same freedom from fear that the rest of America now takes for granted, thanks to the 20-year decline in crime brought on by the proactive policing revolution of the 1990s. Mr. Trump has issued a much-needed warning that the antipolice narrative is putting black lives in jeopardy and undercutting the foundation of a civilized society. It is a message he should amplify.
Ms. Mac Donald is a fellow at the Manhattan Institute and the author of “The War on Cops.”

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
Black Church speech
« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 06, 2016, 09:36:24 AM »
Trump up (within margin of error) of likely voters in CNN poll!

Electoral college still looking bad, but progress is being made!

DDF

« Reply #1281 on: September 06, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »
After finding out that he was in Goldman Sach's pocket (while digging up dirt on Democrats actually), and starting to see just how much they're all in bed with each other, including Clinton, I don't know how anyone could vote for either of them.

I hope like hell that my predictions were wrong.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 09:26:42 AM by DDF »

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Barone: Trump's Immigration Policy Completely Reasonable.
« Reply #1284 on: September 07, 2016, 09:08:14 AM »

Trump Calls for More High-Skill Immigration

By Michael Barone
September 07, 2016

Would he go hard or go soft? That was the mainstream media template for judging Donald Trump's speech on immigration in Phoenix last Wednesday. The verdict: hard. "How Trump got from Point A to Point A on immigration," was the headline in the Washington Post's recap.

Similarly, the often-insightful Talking Points Memo blogger Josh Marshall characterized Trump's discourse as "hate speech." "Precisely what solution Trump is calling for is almost beside the point."

That's precisely wrong. Marshall found the Phoenix crowd's raucous shouts distasteful, and so did I. But a search through Trump's prepared text and his occasional digressions fails to disclose anything that can be fairly characterized as "hate speech."

Instead it discloses some serious critiques and proposals for recasting our immigration laws, which almost everyone agrees need changing.

Start near the end, with the 10th of Trump's 10 points. He notes that we've admitted 59 million immigrants since the last major revision of immigration law in 1965, and that "many of these arrivals have greatly enriched our country." No asides about criminals or rapists.

Then he proposes a major policy change: "to select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in U.S. society, and their ability to be financially self-sufficient ... to choose immigrants based on merit, skill and proficiency."

That's not racism or hate speech, and it's not out of line with American tradition.

Emma Lazarus' oft-quoted poem commends America for welcoming "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses" and "the wretched refuse of your teeming shore." But during the great wave of immigration from eastern and southern Europe from 1892 to 1914, the Ellis Island inspectors, in line with national policy, excluded those deemed incapable of supporting themselves as well as those with communicable diseases.

And the United States deported immigrants judged to be terrorists. American immigration policy even then wasn't completely open door.

Trump seems to be calling, in non-provocative language, for changing immigration law to give priority to high-skill immigrants, as do the immigration laws of Canada and Australia. That's not racist: Those countries admit plenty of non-whites. But they do require proficiency in English (or French in Canada).

Both have higher foreign-born percentages of population than the United States, and both have students who score higher on PISA international achievement tests than U.S. students do. No wonder a diplomat from one of those countries told me, half in jest, "Please do not adopt our immigration system."

Every serious expert concedes that the 1965 immigration act resulted in an unexpected huge flow of low-skill immigrants, especially but not only from Mexico. Most serious scholars agree that has tended to reduce, at least a little, wages for low-skill Americans. Do we really need another inrush of unskilled workers in the next few decades?

Near the beginning of his speech, Trump said, "The media and my opponent discuss one thing, and only this one thing: the needs of people living here illegally." That's an exaggeration, but not by much: mainstream media judges Trump hard or soft depending on what he says about illegals. "The central issue is not the needs of the 11 million illegal immigrants -- or however many there may be," he went on. "The only one core issue" is "the well-being of the American people."

To some, this sounds like bigotry, prejudice against foreigners, a preference for a mostly (but far from totally) white populace over a vastly larger (and mostly non-white) humanity. They instinctively prefer Hillary Clinton's version of open borders, allowing anyone who gets here and isn't criminally convicted to stay.

Trump's answer came earlier in the day, in Mexico City, as he shook hands and spoke cordially with President Enrique Pena Nieto. I like and admire him, Trump said; he loves his country and I love mine. Nieto's invitation, much criticized in Mexico, was prompted by his need to get along with whoever is elected U.S. president. That need likewise prompted his cautious remarks about Trump in a joint news conference with Barack Obama earlier this summer.

Trump's threats of trade retaliation and suggestion he might not honor NATO obligations provide rationales for voting against him as irresponsibly reckless. His immigration proposals don't.

His proposals for visa tracking and E-Verify validation of job applicants -- similar to Marco Rubio's -- would marginally reduce the illegal population, as would his deportation of some illegals.

More important, though ignored by mainstream media, is that his policies would produce more high-skill immigrants and Hillary Clinton's plan would produce more low-skill immigrants. Which is better for America?

COPYRIGHT 2016 CREATORS.COM

Michael Barone is senior political analyst for  the Washington Examiner, resident fellow at American Enterprise Institute and longtime co-author of The Almanac of American Politics.

DDF

Re: Mexican Citzen Openly Calling For Trump's Assassination
« Reply #1285 on: September 08, 2016, 03:00:03 PM »
http://silenceisconsent.net/mexican-encourages-his-people-to-assassinate-donald-trump-and-kill-his-supporters/#sthash.yucjMpR1.dpbs

“We, Mexicans, have to kill Donald J. Trump before he becomes President. He is a threat to every single one of us. There are many Mexican Americans living in the U.S. right now and I’m asking them to kill Donald Trump before he becomes President. The ones in Mexico who have the means, I’m asking you to cross the border and go and kill Donald Trump, and as many of his supporters as possible,” he states.

Anywhere he goes just try to bomb the place, shoot up the place, do something. If you could go back in time and kill Hitler, and kill the Nazis, would you do it? We have a modern day Hitler, and we have to kill him before he gets into power,” he adds.

“So I want you to spread this message, and I’m encouraging every single Mexican out there who has the guts to stand up for the Mexican people and to kill Trump and his Nazi followers. Let’s do this. Viva Mexico! F**k those motherf***ers,” he concludes.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 08, 2016, 04:47:17 PM »

The last US-Mexico war didn't go so well for Mexico, pretty sure a second one will turn out the same way.

http://silenceisconsent.net/mexican-encourages-his-people-to-assassinate-donald-trump-and-kill-his-supporters/#sthash.yucjMpR1.dpbs

“We, Mexicans, have to kill Donald J. Trump before he becomes President. He is a threat to every single one of us. There are many Mexican Americans living in the U.S. right now and I’m asking them to kill Donald Trump before he becomes President. The ones in Mexico who have the means, I’m asking you to cross the border and go and kill Donald Trump, and as many of his supporters as possible,” he states.

Anywhere he goes just try to bomb the place, shoot up the place, do something. If you could go back in time and kill Hitler, and kill the Nazis, would you do it? We have a modern day Hitler, and we have to kill him before he gets into power,” he adds.

“So I want you to spread this message, and I’m encouraging every single Mexican out there who has the guts to stand up for the Mexican people and to kill Trump and his Nazi followers. Let’s do this. Viva Mexico! F**k those motherf***ers,” he concludes.

DDF

« Reply #1287 on: September 08, 2016, 09:37:44 PM »

The last US-Mexico war didn't go so well for Mexico, pretty sure a second one will turn out the same way.

I was just discussing this with some partners that put a wall meme, about Trump's wall being built along the northern Oregon border, because that is where the border used to be. I had to remind them, that perhaps it should be placed more to the south, around Distrito Federal, enclosing everything north, or the part we gave back to them. They weren't amused. they're my brothers, but the facts don't change. 82% of the country is unhappy that Trump came here, but if you so much as wave an American flag, don't think for a second, that you won't be deported, immediately... yet, they certainly have a wish to influence American politics. It's more than a little hypocritical.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
the single mother pitch
« Reply #1290 on: September 13, 2016, 08:15:18 AM »
" For lower-income parents, Trump’s team notes, the government will match half of the first $1,000 deposited in the account per year."   :-o

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/13/ivanka-donald-trump-roll-new-childcare-maternity-leave-policy-moms-pennsylvania/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
health evaluation reality show
« Reply #1291 on: September 14, 2016, 08:33:43 AM »
Another reality "showtization" of our political process:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dr-oz-health-medical-records-141026068.html

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 14, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »
“It used to be cars were made in Flint, and you couldn’t drink the water in Mexico,” Trump stated. “Now, the cars are made in Mexico and you can’t drink the water in Flint.”   :-D :-D :-D

On day Ford announces moving manufacturing to Mexico.  At least Ford was NOT one of the car companies that took tarp money.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico wants a wall!
« Reply #1294 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:47 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790116/Mexico-wants-build-border-wall-Central-America-illegal-immigrants.html

Ironic.

Make Guatemala pay for it.

"an estimated 2.5 million Nicaraguans out of 5.5 million live in extreme poverty."
https://www.reference.com/geography/countries-poorest-central-america-44c0a1915ab30ff2#

They're coming to Mexico for those Ford manufacturing jobs...

Mexico faces the same problems we do.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Mexico wants a wall!
« Reply #1295 on: September 15, 2016, 10:57:12 AM »
Yes, it's called fcuking over your neighbor. Imagine if we had a national policy of pushing Detroit's underclass into Ontario. Think the Canadians might be a bit pissed? We could then just accuse them of racism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3790116/Mexico-wants-build-border-wall-Central-America-illegal-immigrants.html

Ironic.

Make Guatemala pay for it.

"an estimated 2.5 million Nicaraguans out of 5.5 million live in extreme poverty."
https://www.reference.com/geography/countries-poorest-central-america-44c0a1915ab30ff2#

They're coming to Mexico for those Ford manufacturing jobs...

Mexico faces the same problems we do.

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 15, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
My response to Ivanka is know the interviewer before you go in to the interview.  If it is someone with a liberal track record that works for a feminist mag then don't expect them to give you an interview that is going to easily let you to come out glowing.  Just common sense.  You are fired on this one Ivanka!  

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ivanka-trump-cosmopolitan-interview-135516762.html

And already one criticism from the liberals is that the plan is misogynist (the term of the year)  because it assumes women's roles are in the home.   What about men being able to take off for maternity leave etc..........

It just never ends.......
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:08:43 PM by ccp »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
NRO coming to grips with a Trump win
« Reply #1297 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:37 AM »
The Fallout (Non-Nuclear) from a Donald Trump Victory

For anyone with reading comprehension issues, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT. Some folks chose to see Conrad Black’s last column as him speaking on behalf of National Review as a whole, because they’re hacks and/or stupid. Black has been supportive of Trump all along.

But with Trump having a really good stretch of polling lately, let’s contemplate what would happen if he beat Hillary Clinton.

1. It would be a political earthquake, as big a cultural impact on America as the election of Barack Obama. Many corners of American society would be apoplectic with rage, disbelief and despair; magazines like The Economist, Time, The New Republic, The New York Times magazine will probably run cover essays on “The End of American Democracy” or “The Failure of American voters.” Or maybe simply, “When Evil Triumphs.” A dozen movies featuring sinister and/or bumbling egomaniac presidents would be green-lit by Hollywood. Cultural voices would declare that McCarthyism is back in full force, that Bull Connor racism is thriving, and that World War II–style internment-camps are just around the corner.

2. It would be the most awkward presidential transition in American history, because both Obama and Trump detest each other personally and their staffs almost certainly do the same.

3. The Obama legacy would suddenly shift overnight. American conservatives have argued for a while that Obama is, if not a failed president, something close to it. The Left might suddenly find itself agreeing, at least in part. A prosperous, confident, thriving, and secure America does not elect someone like Donald Trump. He’s the figure a country turns to when they’re desperate and increasingly think they don’t have much more to lose.

The Obama administration has been eight long years of officials insisting things aren’t as bad as they look. “Recovery Summer” is just around the corner. Janet Napolitano assures us, “the system worked.” Of course Obamacare will work; “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan; if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” ISIS is a jayvee team. We’re taking care of our veterans. Our secrets are secure. Obama declared in May, “By almost every measure, America is better, and the world is better, than it was 50 years ago, or 30 years ago, or even eight years ago.”
Nobody believes the happy talk anymore.

4. Hillary Clinton would become one of the most hated Democrats of all time. She would rank not merely as a loser, but as the woman who managed to lose the most winnable presidential race in modern history. Forget Mondale, forget Dukakis, forget McGovern. Trump is probably the worst Republican nominee in history — little or no message discipline, little organization, hates fundraising, isn’t convinced television ads or data analysis is needed, tons of scandals and baggage, can’t carry his home state, the media loathes him with the raging passion of a thousand suns going supernova . . . and somehow he’s still in it, and seems to be gaining strength as the race progresses. She has no excuses. She has unequaled resources. The party is reasonably unified behind her. She had a great convention. If Tim Kaine is making mistakes, no one is paying attention. Her commercials have dominated the television airwaves.
If Hillary Clinton loses, Democrats will hate her. Overnight she will go from the inspiring role model for all of America’s children to a selfish, deeply flawed candidate, blinded by ambition and obsessively secretive. Everything that Democrats now insist is inconsequential — her e-mails, the shady deals surrounding the foundation, Benghazi — they will suddenly realize was extremely consequential. The recriminations will be epic.

5. The Left might just learn a needed lesson. Perhaps this is a wildly optimistic expectation, but the American Left might have to examine why so many Americans were willing to roll the dice on Trump rather than continue the status quo.

Political correctness really has become petty bullying, an attempt to enforce economic consequences for what is a social faux pas. Yes, we’re all supposed to be respectful to others, courteous, and to avoid giving unneeded offense. (The Left would be wise to start practicing what it preaches, to “do unto others as you would have them do.”) There’s nothing inherently wrong with someone declaring, “Hey, that really offends me.” But the Left wants to go further; they want a person who offends their sensibilities to be punished for it. Oftentimes the enforcers of political correctness want the person to lose their job. They want that person to become a pariah and feel constant social ostracization. They want to enforce the most serious of consequences for hurting someone’s feelings. Sometimes they even want “some muscle over here.”

The Left would have to recognize that most of their our political and cultural elites demonstrate epic hypocrisy on a regular basis. Tim Geithner and Charlie Rangel set tax policy while not paying all the taxes they owe. Al Gore runs up a giant electricity bill while telling everyone else they need to reduce their carbon emissions. Obama declares, “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times . . . and then just expect that other countries are going to say ‘okay.’” And then, in the words of David Axelrod, Obama keeps the Oval Office so warm in winter that “you could grow orchids in there.” Hillary Clinton denounces greed and selfishness while collecting six-figure speaking fees. Bill Clinton gets a free pass from feminists as the sexual-harassment and womanizing allegations pile up. They talk about the importance of equal opportunity while Chelsea Clinton gets a $600,000 part-time gig at NBC News. Mike Bloomberg and Rosie O’Donnell travel the country with armed security guards while touting the need for stricter gun-control laws.

Ordinary Americans look at the elites and conclude they don’t actually believe anything they say, or at the very least, they don’t think they have to live under the rules they want to enforce for everyone else.

The Catch . . .

Some might ask, with all of that as consequence, why not vote for him? Almost all Republicans and many self-identified conservatives will. Trump has maybe a 50–50 shot at nominating good, strict constructionist Supreme Court justices, while Hillary’s odds are roughly zero. I’m #NeverTrump, but I’m not giving much grief to my friends who are voting for Trump as the lesser of two evils.

From where I sit, Trump offers a lot of the same flaws as Obama, just with a different party affiliation. Trump promises the world with little details on how he’s going to get there. In 2008, Obama promised the best of both worlds — the end to the war in Iraq and the elimination of al-Qaeda. This year Trump promises to be less interventionist and to bomb the you-know-what out of ISIS. Both men did this because the American people want both simultaneously, no matter how contradictory those desires are. I think a true leader has to force the public to come to terms with hard truths instead of playing along with their fantasies.

I realize I’m in the minority here. Obama did nothing on entitlement reform, and Trump won’t, either. At some point, when the voting public punishes the people who try to solve the problem and rewards the people who ignore the problem, people stop trying to solve the problem.

Trump is no more interested in the Constitution and limited government than Obama is, and seems every bit as petty and vindictive, every bit as likely to bristle and lash out at the slightest criticism. I just wrote about the insane pretzel-logic of the blind partisans, forgiving every sin on their side but furiously denouncing the same things on the other side.

objectivist1

• Power User
    • View Profile
Breitbart: Hillary Clinton Campaign Manager Admits Birther Link...
« Reply #1298 on: September 16, 2016, 06:38:09 PM »
But of course NPR and the rest of the traditional media are insisting Trump made this up out of thin air, and it is HE who is guilty of starting the controversy:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/16/hillary-clinton-campaign-manager-admits-birtherism-started/

ccp

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 17, 2016, 06:21:34 AM »
Obj:

Even the National Review is giving Trump grief over a non issue.  He did not "squandering" anything.  The media and journolisters and the Black Caucus were going to "get him" any way they could.  Gov. Huckabee said it all correctly on Kelly that it is quite obvious this is a coordinated MSM attack on Trump when so many stations are bringing on their liberal hitmen and women ( I don't want to be accused of leaving out the dames here)  and they all say almost the exact same lines word for word.  

They are shoving this non issue into our faces traying to  make it into an issue by repeating it over and over again .  This does reflect desperation and terror amongst the libs in mho.  The elite and SJW Blacks are very worried that Trumps' poll numbers amongst Blacks are improving apparently.

If I hear one more time how Obrocster is taking it "personally" when he was the one who perpetuated the controversy by taking years to release details of his birth when it was perfectly reasonable to question it when his mother was running all over the world at that time chasing foreign born men.  Cruz and McCain's birthplace were also questioned and rightly so.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440126/donald-trump-birther-moment-squanders-campaign-gains

Oh and did you see that guy on the Clinton News Network saying questioning the place of Brocks birth is just as absurd as saying the Earth is flat!  Hardly. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:23:33 AM by ccp »